Hey everybody, i sold my BB passport and therefore i did a reset of my divce.
    The new owner is calling me now because he is unable to install cobalt's solution for the playstore and whatsapp. Both have been working very fine on my passport all the time!
    Anybody know if colbald solution is not running any more?
    Thank's in advance!!
    It still works.
    10-25-18 08:22 AM
    Thanks a lot !! :-)
    10-25-18 08:45 AM
    Thanks a lot !! :-)
    Send him to this forum, maybe we can help figure out what the problem is.
    10-25-18 09:38 AM
    That`s what i am telling him since the first day :-) This is a very great, interesting and helful forum and even without me BB PP i will stay here!!!
    Last edited by dbroegger; 10-25-18 at 10:24 AM. Reason: error
    10-25-18 10:15 AM
    Hey everybody, i sold my BB passport and therefore i did a reset of my divce.
    The new owner is calling me now because he is unable to install cobalt's solution for the playstore and whatsapp. Both have been working very fine on my passport all the time!
    Anybody know if colbald solution is not running any more?
    Thank's in advance!!
    Cobalt's method is still working.

I would suggest you point the new owner to Crackberry. Feel free to have him PM me directly if he would like--I'd be happy to work with him. (Or if you'd like you can PM me and put me in touch with him--whatever works best.)
    10-25-18 07:24 PM
    That`s what i am telling him since the first day :-) This is a very great, interesting and helful forum and even without me BB PP i will stay here!!!
    Cobalt's file share (download to PC and move files over to device):

https://mega.nz/#F!lIUWjSSQ!yoLoiNX3PNG3Sef1Fa_fMA

Install and login with 4.3.3.

Install and register with 2.8.

Install Play Store v6 build2.

***Stop here if all you want is Play Store

Install Play Services v11.

Install 4.4.4 (but don't open after)

Install Play Games v5 (if desired).

Install whitelist 1.0.0.6.

***If an app requires Google Play Services, then:

Download app with Cobalt's Play Store (but don't install).

Whitelist unpatched app.

Patch app on PC with Play Services Patcher 1.6 using defaults settings.

Install patched app.
    10-25-18 09:22 PM
    It doesn't work that way. Play Services requires custom tweaking that that patcher can't do automatically.
    Hi, without the patched v14 of the google play services, vs. v11 we have thanks to Cobalt up to now, it seems that it is not possible to keep my Passport anymore...

I would like to use it more, but my main apps are not working any more as some of them are mandatory to be updated to the last versions and after patching of them, all of them request the updated google play services. I suppose v.12, v13 or v14...

I'm trying to deal with two phones, my Passport and another one for some apps but for sure it's not the most elegant solution :-) Maybe it's the time to say goodbye to my Passport and all of you my Friends, with special regards to Cobalt and his GREAT work; Thank you Cobalt for giving us the opportunity to keep our Passports for all those years!

For sure, without you, the Blackberry is not the product for many of us.

Shame on Blackberry not to be smart enough!

Cheers
    11-04-18 07:03 AM
    Anyone else getting this msg when opening Youtube? will the app stop working soon because of this? basically is saying to update it to the newest, but with no GPS updated, maybe another app will be useless.
    Cobalt, where are you? will you update gps?
    ------------------------
    Also I have problems with the last working version when I play a video, passport starts to burn and battery drains faster! and I only listen the audio and no video at all till the app hangs
    Attached Thumbnails Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20181104_110603.jpg  
    11-04-18 08:29 AM
    Have you tried native Supertube instead of Android Youtube?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-18 11:34 AM
    Have you tried native Supertube instead of Android Youtube?

Posted via CB10
    is this safe to log in being 3rd party app?
    11-05-18 08:08 AM
    is this safe to log in being 3rd party app?
    Of course!

Posted via CB10
    11-05-18 04:45 PM
    Of course!

Posted via CB10
    It's do or Die time again...?...

If he wanted to and it was even possible still to update to the 2018 playstore apps for BB10 being reverse engineered -again- how many would donate? I know it takes him around 24 hours or more of straight work to do this... I wouldn't blame him if he didn't want to or even couldn't do it anymore. Yes, I get the youtube screen and also other apps have forced updates with wanting the new play services yet again a few years later. Regardless if he wants to or not and if he can or can't I to am grateful for the time we had as I am replying this from my Passport right now. I always would check back in once every two months to make sure he didn't throw another under the radar update for these out again. I always knew it would END with Cobalts decision.... kind of crazy that is not so much Blackberrys but Cobalts as it is very time consuming. Maybe we can bribe him if get a GoFundMe together here.. again, if it's even possible but maybe in 2018 Blackberry is going to take its final hit or losses. regardless what happens it's been an awesome ride and I will wait around a bit more on the passport for now as its not that bad. What are we up to Play services 14 now? Might not be possible as others like amazon whom had similar software do not seem to go up higher then we did either.... thanks for the amazing ride @cobalt1 (I think he has a one at the end of his name?)

BTW: I still can't believe how many folks stayed on their passports for so long, including myself because of this man's talents in reverse engineering.... sure somebody out there might be able to jump in and do it but nobody has the tustworthy name nor the Skill set of Cobalt imo nor would I trust the .apk set from any other source... #2018
    Last edited by DreadPirateRegan; 11-07-18 at 07:01 PM. Reason: typo's
    11-07-18 06:55 PM
    BTW: Heck yes SuperTube is better then the non-native youtube in most aspects and it's made by #Legend2 as we all know Legend1 spot goes to Cobalt and always will.. #DowninHistory FacePro is also a brilliant Facebook alternative, so many good native QNX apps. Will miss em and this thread as if I remember correctly now that I am thinking back, last time cobalt didn't even have a PP on hand but I could be wrong so he did it strictly for the people as in us and of course I'm sure the challenge...

Heck, I'll even miss this thread! #Legendary
    #unreplaceable
    11-07-18 07:03 PM
    It's do or Die time again...?...

If he wanted to and it was even possible still to update to the 2018 playstore apps for BB10 being reverse engineered -again- how many would donate? I know it takes him around 24 hours or more of straight work to do this... I wouldn't blame him if he didn't want to or even couldn't do it anymore. Yes, I get the youtube screen and also other apps have forced updates with wanting the new play services yet again a few years later. Regardless if he wants to or not and if he can or can't I to am grateful for the time we had as I am replying this from my Passport right now. I always would check back in once every two months to make sure he didn't throw another under the radar update for these out again. I always knew it would END with Cobalts decision.... kind of crazy that is not so much Blackberrys but Cobalts as it is very time consuming. Maybe we can bribe him if get a GoFundMe together here.. again, if it's even possible but maybe in 2018 Blackberry is going to take its final hit or losses. regardless what happens it's been an awesome ride and I will wait around a bit more on the passport for now as its not that bad. What are we up to Play services 14 now? Might not be possible as others like amazon whom had similar software do not seem to go up higher then we did either.... thanks for the amazing ride @cobalt1 (I think he has a one at the end of his name?)

BTW: I still can't believe how many folks stayed on their passports for so long, including myself because of this man's talents in reverse engineering.... sure somebody out there might be able to jump in and do it but nobody has the tustworthy name nor the Skill set of Cobalt imo nor would I trust the .apk set from any other source... #2018
    I'd love to pay the man. Cobalt, if you're reading this, let us know!

Blackberry Forever I say! DPR, you're also pretty awesome if I may say so, with your various threads and experiments on BB10 and the PlayBook....
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    11-07-18 09:09 PM
    BTW: Heck yes SuperTube is better then the non-native youtube in most aspects and it's made by #Legend2 as we all know Legend1 spot goes to Cobalt and always will.. #DowninHistory FacePro is also a brilliant Facebook alternative, so many good native QNX apps. Will miss em and this thread as if I remember correctly now that I am thinking back, last time cobalt didn't even have a PP on hand but I could be wrong so he did it strictly for the people as in us and of course I'm sure the challenge...

Heck, I'll even miss this thread! #Legendary
    #unreplaceable
    DPR! Long time no see! Hope you are well mate :-)

Posted via CB10
    11-08-18 01:28 AM
    I'd love to pay the man. Cobalt, if you're reading this, let us know!

Blackberry Forever I say! DPR, you're also pretty awesome if I may say so, with your various threads and experiments on BB10 and the PlayBook....
    If you wanna pay/make a donation to Cobalt, you can do so here:

https://www.paypal.com/donate/?token...CH&locale.x=CH
    11-08-18 03:59 AM
    Count me in... I did donate myself... Cobalt's amazing work has made my Passport ever so more useful.
    11-08-18 07:35 AM
    Hey guys, thanks... also, Opp's, I seemed to have tagged him wrong. I confuse his user name with the "other helpful man" Conite sometimes..... anyway, I believe it is @Cobalt232 'anyone?...
    elfabio80 likes this.
    11-12-18 11:49 AM
    Again guys, if he'd even consider it then we have to worry if it is even possible as may pose new challenges that can't be beaten this time as technology advances. He was able to do it three times up until early 2017 or late 2016 if memory serves me correctly. Anyway, Amazon has their own hero and something similar with their own run time to work with the gapps and latest PS apk, etc... however, I searhed and do not see anyone reverse engineering above 12 for amazon and we are on 11 so if he couldn't do 15 or 14, whichever we are on then it may not be worth it anyway but only time will tell. The stuff can't be easy to do, that's for sure and as time goes on, it only gets harder, not easier hence why I probably do not see any other OS using runtimes that used to have something similar to what BB10 has/had thanks to Cobalt utilizing the latest version or anything above much what he has already been able to achieve so it may not be possible but only Cobalt himself would know that with all the little in's and out's of reverse engineering I just would hate to see BB10 take yet another hit of folks jumping ship whom were able to sustain this long as my passport still looks as new as the day I bought it and every time I would switch or even the one time got rid of my SE I would find myself craving those clickity keys and lovely 1x1 ratio screen as well as all the other unique features of the passport and end up right back here as I am now, on my PPSE on my step, via T-Mobile (teltik) mostly thanks to Cobalt...

BTW: I would say if you made it this long (2018) with a BB10 device as your Daily driver then you are now able to brand yourself a TRUE BLUE BB10 "loyalist"... hands down....

If it can even be done, we should maybe hang in until 2019 gapps (?) although I dunno how it woks EXACTLY just a guess... although, as irrelevant as it may be I would be lying if I wasn't still upset we never got to see the lights of a BlackBerry 11 except for Cobalt bringing it to us with the 11 Runtime and now with iOS being on 12 nearly 13 OS I believe (?) so in a strange way I'd love to see it not only as we would be using it but also because it's bringing BB10 above IOS again as in above 12 as I think Play services (which I go by, the most important app of them all and only one he may need to do?) is up to 13, 14 or maybe even 15?...

#LongLiveBlackbery2018 #HistoryInTheMaking or soon history with the last cast aways eventually being forced to abandon ship? Ahh, maybe I'll go down with her..
    Last edited by DreadPirateRegan; 11-12-18 at 12:08 PM.
    11-12-18 11:58 AM
    Again guys, if he'd even consider it then we have to worry if it is even possible as may pose new challenges that can't be beaten this time as technology advances. He was able to do it three times up until early 2017 or late 2016 if memory serves me correctly. Anyway, Amazon has their own hero and something similar with their own run time to work with the gapps and latest PS apk, etc... however, I searhed and do not see anyone reverse engineering above 12 for amazon and we are on 11 so if he couldn't do 15 or 14, whichever we are on then it may not be worth it anyway but only time will tell. The stuff can't be easy to do, that's for sure and as time goes on, it only gets harder, not easier hence why I probably do not see any other OS using runtimes that used to have something similar to what BB10 has/had thanks to Cobalt utilizing the latest version or anything above much what he has already been able to achieve so it may not be possible but only Cobalt himself would know that with all the little in's and out's of reverse engineering I just would hate to see BB10 take yet another hit of folks jumping ship whom were able to sustain this long as my passport still looks as new as the day I bought it and every time I would switch or even the one time got rid of my SE I would find myself craving those clickity keys and lovely 1x1 ratio screen as well as all the other unique features of the passport and end up right back here as I am now, on my PPSE on my step, via T-Mobile (teltik) mostly thanks to Cobalt...

BTW: I would say if you made it this long (2018) with a BB10 device as your Daily driver then you are now able to brand yourself a TRUE BLUE BB10 "loyalist"... hands down....

If it can even be done, we should maybe hang in until 2019 gapps (?) although I dunno how it woks EXACTLY just a guess... although, as irrelevant as it may be I would be lying if I wasn't still upset we never got to see the lights of a BlackBerry 11 except for Cobalt bringing it to us with the 11 Runtime and now with iOS being on 12 nearly 13 OS I believe (?) so in a strange way I'd love to see it not only as we would be using it but also because it's bringing BB10 above IOS again as in above 12 as I think Play services (which I go by, the most important app of them all and only one he may need to do?) is up to 13, 14 or maybe even 15?...

#LongLiveBlackbery2018 #HistoryInTheMaking or soon history with the last cast aways eventually being forced to abandon ship? Ahh, maybe I'll go down with her..
    Good to see you DPR
    11-12-18 07:36 PM
    Cobalt's file share (download to PC and move files over to device):

https://mega.nz/#F!lIUWjSSQ!yoLoiNX3PNG3Sef1Fa_fMA

Install and login with 4.3.3.

Install and register with 2.8.

Install Play Store v6 build2.

***Stop here if all you want is Play Store

Install Play Services v11.

Install 4.4.4 (but don't open after)

Install Play Games v5 (if desired).

Install whitelist 1.0.0.6.

***If an app requires Google Play Services, then:

Download app with Cobalt's Play Store (but don't install).

Whitelist unpatched app.

Patch app on PC with Play Services Patcher 1.6 using defaults settings.

Install patched app.

My Passport has stopped working all Android apps. I untied the Cobalt apks to replace them, but when trying to reinstall, it stays in the black screen with the phrase "processing" and of it does not leave. I even restarted the device for the initial settings, but it did not help.

Can you help me?
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    11-16-18 10:43 AM
    My Passport has stopped working all Android apps. I untied the Cobalt apks to replace them, but when trying to reinstall, it stays in the black screen with the phrase "processing" and of it does not leave. I even restarted the device for the initial settings, but it did not help.

Can you help me?
    Seems like your Android Runtime is corrupted. The only solution is a security wipe or running an autoloader.

Here is the latest:
    https://mega.nz/#!1NZ1SQBB!yL_ZV5UFz...1-Opwv7f6JCxhM
    11-16-18 10:46 AM
    Seems like your Android Runtime is corrupted. The only solution is a security wipe or running an autoloader.

Here is the latest:

I did not make it! Mega asks for a "decryption key" to download.

Downloaded the file, I step into the device and install it?
    11-16-18 10:56 AM
    I did not make it! Mega asks for a "decryption key" to download.

Downloaded the file, I step into the device and install it?
    Download to PC, unzip it, plug in your device, and run the autoloader.

It will wipe your device in the process.
    11-16-18 11:00 AM

Here is the latest:

This link is protected. I could not download the file. Request password
    11-16-18 11:05 AM
9,813 ... 380381382383384 ...