Q: do you have to install the new app from Play Store and re-white list with every new version, say, of Google Maps, before you then patch the version and install it?

Posted via CB10
    You don't need to whitelist over and over. The signature doesn't change.
    01-21-16 12:16 PM
    Hi Conite
    If i whitelist and patch android game apps, the game will auto sync data with google playstore?
    01-22-16 02:39 AM
    Hi Conite
    If i whitelist and patch android game apps, the game will auto sync data with google playstore?
    Yes.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 03:23 AM
    Hi cobalt,
    Is there a way to make patched YouTube default. When I use patched android app which has link to YouTube, the link will not open YouTube app but gives initialization error.
    OR while patching those android app, can we modify the code using Grepwin, to make the app open patched YouTube app.
    01-22-16 12:31 PM
    You need to do a video. I am horrible at reading step by step instructions.
    01-23-16 01:20 AM
    Ohh well
    01-23-16 05:27 AM
    Cobalt or Conite,
    I've been having a problem with my Z30 since installing the Google Services files (see post #4521). I can't trace it specifically back to that, but it's only been happening since then. I've been receiving two separate error messages at various times when I attempt to run an Android app. The first error, which is the one coming up most often, states "com.android.systemapps isn't responding. Do you want to close or wait." The second error message, which has only come up twice, states " QNXAppLauncher isn't responding. Do you want to close or wait." If I choose to wait, the error message will come back up in a few seconds and the app does nothing. If I choose to close, the app hangs and I have to close the window. Once the error message appears, I cannot run any other Android app until I reboot the phone.

I haven't been able to identify a specific app that is causing this to happen as it happens on random Android apps, from My Fitness Pal to FitBit to Starbucks (using version 3.1.2' which worked fine previously) to Google Maps. I've tried reinstalling each of them, but am still having the problem. Google Maps is the only one that is patched (with Play Services Patcher) because all the others ran fine without patching. I've even removed Play Store to see if that would make a difference and it has not.

Related to this is that the battery seems to now drain quickly; I'm only able to get about 6-7 hours out of the device without having to recharge, even on days like today where I have not used the phone for much (almost like having an iPhone!). Previously, I was able to go all day without recharging and still have at least 25% battery left. The phone also gets warm during the day.

I'm looking for suggestions as to what might be causing the problem and how I can fix it. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    01-23-16 03:32 PM
    Cobalt or Conite,
    I've been having a problem with my Z30 since installing the Google Services files (see post #4521). I can't trace it specifically back to that, but it's only been happening since then. I've been receiving two separate error messages at various times when I attempt to run an Android app. The first error, which is the one coming up most often, states "com.android.systemapps isn't responding. Do you want to close or wait." The second error message, which has only come up twice, states " QNXAppLauncher isn't responding. Do you want to close or wait." If I choose to wait, the error message will come back up in a few seconds and the app does nothing. If I choose to close, the app hangs and I have to close the window. Once the error message appears, I cannot run any other Android app until I reboot the phone.

I haven't been able to identify a specific app that is causing this to happen as it happens on random Android apps, from My Fitness Pal to FitBit to Starbucks (using version 3.1.2' which worked fine previously) to Google Maps. I've tried reinstalling each of them, but am still having the problem. Google Maps is the only one that is patched (with Play Services Patcher) because all the others ran fine without patching. I've even removed Play Store to see if that would make a difference and it has not.

Related to this is that the battery seems to now drain quickly; I'm only able to get about 6-7 hours out of the device without having to recharge, even on days like today where I have not used the phone for much (almost like having an iPhone!). Previously, I was able to go all day without recharging and still have at least 25% battery left. The phone also gets warm during the day.

I'm looking for suggestions as to what might be causing the problem and how I can fix it. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    You seem to have done all the troubleshooting I would have recommended.

You may be left with the unfortunate choice of having to do a security wipe to clean out the cobwebs. Don't do a restore either, as that may just restore the problem too

I wish I had a better answer.
    01-23-16 03:48 PM
    Try it and find out.

If the app does not warn you that you are missing Google Play Services, it's not likely that it needs them.
    Thanks, it doesn't promt for GP services. Again something that's just not going to work on my Passport. Sigh

Posted with my Amazing  Passport
    01-23-16 05:37 PM
    May I know the correct procedure to uninstall application I installed from the playstore? I tried removing the application like how I removed blackberry native apps (from BlackBerry world) and realised the the application is still deemed as "installed" in the android playstore. Because of that, I am unable to redownload and reinstall the application as the only available option is "uninstall' and 'open' which will eventually bring me to a 'force closed' when pressed.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 07:12 PM
    May I know the correct procedure to uninstall application I installed from the playstore? I tried removing the application like how I removed blackberry native apps (from BlackBerry world) and realised the the application is still deemed as "installed" in the android playstore. Because of that, I am unable to redownload and reinstall the application as the only available option is "uninstall' and 'open' which will eventually bring me to a 'force closed' when pressed.

Posted via CB10
    Surprised you haven't seen this thread before: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=12206982
    Has all your answers and solution.
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-23-16 07:40 PM
    It took me a while to comb through the forum and googling new keywords. I am a new blackberry owner after years of using android and is unaware of current issues. After executing the steps in the link you've given, the playstore now works like a charm! Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 09:00 PM
    Hi all,

I follow all steps (install all apps of Cobalt and patch with google service) but my BOOM BEACH still not sync data. What's wrong with me? Cobalt please test again with BOOM.

Thankyou.
    01-23-16 10:22 PM
    Hi all,

I follow all steps (install all apps of Cobalt and patch with google service) but my BOOM BEACH still not sync data. What's wrong with me? Cobalt please test again with BOOM.

Thankyou.
    How did you patch it? Play Services Patcher on your PC?

You have Cobalt's modified Google Play Services and Google Play Games installed?
    01-23-16 10:29 PM
    Hi Conite,

I am new in BOOM, starting in level 1. When i click to Link from game, it show the message not support for this device, so i can not sync data with Google Play store. I download BOOM apk and patch on my PC with PS patcher 1.4 and install all of Cobalt apps (Playstore, ID, game......)

I am trying to auto sync Boom data with goole play, because supper cell was locked my old account ( I was factory reset my Passport, and the game back to lvl 1, so i contact theme but they said My device is not pure Android so thay can't do anything and locked my account for SECURITY REASONS???????? I HATE THEME SO MUCH )

Sorry for my Bad English
    01-23-16 10:56 PM
    Dear Cobalt
    I attempted to install "Google Play Services" flowing the instructions on this post but after attempting to install the first one on the list "Install Google Account Manager and login" I get a massage that "this app cannot be installed"
    I'm using a BlackBerry Z10 STL 100-2 running OS 10.3.2.2876.
    Please advice
    Alex
    01-24-16 03:33 AM
    Dear Cobalt
    I attempted to install "Google Play Services" flowing the instructions on this post but after attempting to install the first one on the list "Install Google Account Manager and login" I get a massage that "this app cannot be installed"
    I'm using a BlackBerry Z10 STL 100-2 running OS 10.3.2.2876.
    Please advice
    Alex
    Sounds like you may have tried to install it once before, and it's not properly deleted. See this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1058115
    01-24-16 04:01 AM
    Hi Conite
    No this isn't the case.
    This device was cleaned and installed from scratch yesterday with a clean Aoutoloader of the recent os version 10.3.2.2876
    and with no backup restore.
    Please advice
    Alex
    01-24-16 04:14 AM
    Hi Conite
    No this isn't the case.
    This device was cleaned and installed from scratch yesterday with a clean Aoutoloader of the recent os version 10.3.2.2876
    Please advice
    Alex
    You've allowed "apps from other sources" to be installed in your settings?
    Tyrone likes this.
    01-24-16 04:25 AM
    Yes I have installed "Snap" and some apps from there.
    01-24-16 04:59 AM
    I saw Google Play Store version 6.1.12 today on Internet which is compatible to Android 6.0 too.

Will that run on BlackBerry devices?

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 06:06 AM
    It only works if I patch it. Do not attempt to install an unpatched version!
    01-24-16 06:15 AM
    Hi Conite
    No this isn't the case.
    Please advice
    Alex
    Fix the runtime first before installing my apps.
    01-24-16 06:16 AM
    It only works if I patch it. Do not attempt to install an unpatched version!
    Oh! Thanks

Posted via CB10 thru BlackBerry Passport on 10.3.2.2836 from Vodafone India
    01-24-16 10:03 AM
    Dumb question, how do I update the Manager, Google ID and Play Services apps? Can I uninstall them or just run the new versions?
    01-24-16 09:23 PM
9,813 ... 180181182183184 ...