I have the same issue. Google Maps cannot lock my position any more.

Posted via CB10 from Passport SQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    What I found is "location" do work with GPS, but not with 3G/4G networks, i.e., location working fine in open space, but not does not work indoors.
    11-30-15 02:58 AM
    What I found is "location" do work with GPS, but not with 3G/4G networks, i.e., location working fine in open space, but not does not work indoors.
    I don't have an issue with Google Maps indoors or outdoors. Maps uses cell data to download maps, for location I imagine the accuracy isn't good enough for traveling.
    11-30-15 04:48 AM
    I don't have an issue with Google Maps indoors or outdoors. Maps uses cell data to download maps, for location I imagine the accuracy isn't good enough for traveling.
    Hmmm.. I just re-do everything , including whitelist the map APK, but still the same: location does not work indoors..
    11-30-15 06:27 AM
    Hmmm.. I just re-do everything , including whitelist the map APK, but still the same: location does not work indoors..
    What app did you use to patch Maps? Was it with Lucky Patcher or Cobalt's "Play Service Patcher"?
    Make sure you are whitelisting the unpatched APK.
    11-30-15 01:29 PM
    What app did you use to patch Maps? Was it with Lucky Patcher or Cobalt's "Play Service Patcher"?
    Make sure you are whitelisting the unpatched APK.
    I did already. Could you provide the whitelisted and patched g google map apk so i can try? Thank you.
    11-30-15 03:24 PM
    I found some time to play around with Google Wear. A first analysis revealed that this app requires Google Play Services and Google Now (com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox) to run.
    I patched both apps, but I don't have anywear components so I can't do any testing. Maybe someone with a Smartwatch wants to give this a try.

It is absolutely important that you install the apps in the correct order.

1. Install Google Now
    http://homepage.bluewin.ch/simonsmit...ox-patched.apk

2. Install Android Wear
    http://homepage.bluewin.ch/simonsmit...pp-patched.apk

Only try this if you have the full cobalt stack installed (Account Manager, Blackberry Google ID, Google Play Services, Google+ Whitelist)

Don't blame me if you phone blows up!
    11-30-15 03:26 PM
    I did already. Could you provide the whitelisted and patched g google map apk so i can try? Thank you.
    You didn't answer my question on what method did you use to patch the apk.
    11-30-15 03:42 PM
    You didn't answer my question on what method did you use to patch the apk.
    via Cobalt's "Play Service Patcher". Should I try lucky patcher?
    11-30-15 03:53 PM
    via Cobalt's "Play Service Patcher". Should I try lucky patcher?
    Nope, "Play Service Patcher" is the way to do it.
    11-30-15 03:55 PM
    I found some time to play around with Google Wear. A first analysis revealed that this app requires Google Play Services and Google Now (com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox) to run.
    I patched both apps, but I don't have anywear components so I can't do any testing. Maybe someone with a Smartwatch wants to give this a try.

It is absolutely important that you install the apps in the correct order.

1. Install Google Now
    http://homepage.bluewin.ch/simonsmit...ox-patched.apk

2. Install Android Wear
    http://homepage.bluewin.ch/simonsmit...pp-patched.apk

Only try this if you have the full cobalt stack installed (Account Manager, Blackberry Google ID, Google Play Services, Google+ Whitelist)

Don't blame me if you phone blows up!
    Hi Cobalt,

First, my phone didn't blow up. Yet. Second, I had to delete GoogleVoice Search first before installing the one you linked. Maybe they were the same. Third, I successfully installed Android Wear. I have the Pebble Time, with the Pebble Time and Bridge running headless, and now Android Wear is running headless. I'm not quite sure what Wear is supposed to do. Pebble says to just install it and it makes everything run better with the watch notifications.

Thanks for doing all the work.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 05:17 PM
    Going well, google maps won't allow me to 'sign in', I used APK on first post which I read was patched already?
    11-30-15 07:18 PM
    Going well, google maps won't allow me to 'sign in', I used APK on first post which I read was patched already?
    It looks like you did not patch Google Maps with Play Services Patcher.
    12-01-15 09:41 AM
    Update available: Blackberry Google ID 2.7. The download link in the first post has been updated.

Some of you have reported that they don't get a location lock in Google Maps (well, only if GPS is available). I did some research on that and found a setting that seems to control the network location provider (NLP) in Google Play Services. It looks like this setting is turned OFF by default and therefore only GPS is used.

As the settings database is provided in Blackberry Google ID, I modified the code to support that option. If you checkin your device with Blackberry Google ID, network location support is now automatically turned ON. You can control the setting in the Blackberry Google ID about menu. If the option is set to ON, apps will first try to gather your position from the mobile network and only use GPS as a fallback.

So here is the changelog for Blackberry Google ID 2.7
    * New: Added network location support
    * New: Added a new option in the about menu to control the setting

I suggest to remove the old Blackberry Google ID and then install the new one. Remember to clear Play Store cache after doing the checkin (required to force Play Store to fetch the new GSF ID from the server). Also, your custom signatures added with Google+ Whitelist will be lost and must be readded.

Enjoy!

PS: If you haven't donate yet, this is the moment to do it ;-)

Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20151201_171929.png
    grahamf, cbosdell, ferchu and 1 others like this.
    12-01-15 10:20 AM
    How do you clear the play store cache? Is that the same as clearing the history in PS settings?

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 10:50 AM
    How do you clear the play store cache? Is that the same as clearing the history in PS settings?

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry Settings -> App Manager -> Device Monitor -> Storage -> Play Store -> Clear Data
    CP1970 likes this.
    12-01-15 10:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry Settings -> App Manager -> Device Monitor -> Storage -> Play Store -> Clear Data
    KenV54 likes this.
    12-01-15 10:56 AM
    Thank you cobalt for the new patched android wear apps.

I do have a Blackberrry Classic and a Huawei watch.

I could install your files after deinstalling the google search app. Before that it wouldnt install.
    Now when im trying to pair with my watch in the Bluetooth menu from within BB10 there are two options for the watch.

The first one doesnt work to pair but the second one does work. After that the watch starts to update and trying to sync with the mobile phone. Its stuck at this syncing screen for a while and the android wear app shows an error " Bleutooth sync stopped, restart your phone" The main problem here is that the bluetooth connection to the watch is being disconnected after the first connection and doesnt reconnect anymore. Starting the Wear apk leads to some permission questions and granting them does work but the watch doenst show up in android wear.

So the main problem is at this point that it cant synch with the phone because of no bluetooth connection.

Maybe someone can post his / her experience with another watch.

My Classic Software Version is: 10.3.2.2474 and BB version is 10.3.2.2639
    12-01-15 11:01 AM
    When can we get a newer version of Google Play Games?

I can't play android games without GPG.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 11:08 AM
    Thank you cobalt for the new patched android wear apps.

I do have a Blackberrry Classic and a Huawei watch.

I could install your files after deinstalling the google search app. Before that it wouldnt install.
    Now when im trying to pair with my watch in the Bluetooth menu from within BB10 there are two options for the watch.

The first one doesnt work to pair but the second one does work. After that the watch starts to update and trying to sync with the mobile phone. Its stuck at this syncing screen for a while and the android wear app shows an error " Bleutooth sync stopped, restart your phone" The main problem here is that the bluetooth connection to the watch is being disconnected after the first connection and doesnt reconnect anymore. Starting the Wear apk leads to some permission questions and granting them does work but the watch doenst show up in android wear.

So the main problem is at this point that it cant synch with the phone because of no bluetooth connection.

Maybe someone can post his / her experience with another watch.

My Classic Software Version is: 10.3.2.2474 and BB version is 10.3.2.2639
    I have the same issue. Passport+Moto360

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 11:11 AM
    I did try somemore with no success. After connecting the watch ones it is not visible anymore for any bluetooth device. I did reset the watch and it was visible again. Here are some screenshots.
    Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20151201_184614.png
    Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20151201_184703.png
    Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20151201_184748.jpg
    Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20151201_182027.png
    Attachment 382727

It just stays at the synching screen for some 10 - 20 minutes and gets to the watch face with no connection Signal on the watch face.
    12-01-15 11:50 AM
    Android Settings

The Android Settings APK provides a direct access to the hidden Android settings of the Blackberry device. It also allows to edit the Google Account synchronization settings or to turn off app-notifications being sent to Blackberry hub.

Android settings with included mobile data configuration option
    https://mega.nz/#!tAdWiDrD!LrLzn2dD3...JC7DEbBBDneqS8
    So I'm trying to download this and I keep getting:
    Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20151201_132316.png

The file is only 1MB, I have over 4GB of space on my phone, what gives??
    12-01-15 12:30 PM
    So I'm trying to download this and I keep getting:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151201_132316.png 
Views:	1660 
Size:	121.0 KB 
ID:	382729

The file is only 1MB, I have over 4GB of space on my phone, what gives??
    I have had that before.
    Either try directly from the Mega app or use your computer to download it.
    12-01-15 02:35 PM
    Thank you! I successfully got Google Play Store!

Appreciate the help
    12-01-15 07:49 PM
    Thank you for the hacks.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 07:55 PM
    Does "location" work in your patched version? I am in the situation location by GPS works just fine, but not working with 3G/4G networks(aGPS).
    Issue is resolved with updated Google ID 2.7. Thanks.
    12-01-15 08:54 PM
9,813 ... 149150151152153 ...