Which os are you on? I don't believe it works with 10.2.1.
    I'm on Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247

So it works just in 10.3? Then I need to wait, the official release should be in less two weeks

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 03:07 AM
    I progress...when I use another apk browser (appbrain) GP downloader operates well...so the problem is on GPStore application side

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 02:27 PM
    I'm on Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247

So it works just in 10.3? Then I need to wait, the official release should be in less two weeks

Posted via CB10
    Yup, 10.3 only.
    10-27-14 02:59 PM
    I progress...when I use another apk browser (appbrain) GP downloader operates well...so the problem is on GPStore application side

Posted via CB10
    How did you login in Playstore downloader? Using email and password or with oauth (email and password left blank)?
    10-27-14 03:02 PM
    With oauth..and gp ID I use issued from Snap

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 03:05 PM
    Ok if that works, it should also work with google play. Very strange
    10-27-14 03:30 PM
    Yes...and what I don't understand is the fact that I can load applications issued from "my application" in GPS..but not new application in GPS

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 03:37 PM
    Did anyone get Google Keep, Drive or Gmail working?
    10-27-14 05:43 PM
    Hi Cobalt, I used GMAP to patch FITBIT last apk and even when it detected the Google Maps Api V2 the app is still displaying the Google Play services incompatible message. Am I missing anything?

Here is the complete log:

Processing C:\GMaps_Patcher_Win_1.2\com.fitbit.FitbitMobile.a pk
    The package contains 1 classes.dex file
    [Decompiling classes and resources]
    I: Using Apktool 2.0.0-RC2 on com.fitbit.FitbitMobile.apk
    I: Loading resource table...
    I: Loading resource table...
    I: Decoding AndroidManifest.xml with resources...
    I: Loading resource table from file: C:\Users\gesanchez\apktool\framework\1.apk
    I: Regular manifest package...
    I: Decoding file-resources...
    W: Cant find 9patch chunk in file: "drawable-mdpi/map_finish_marker.9.png". Renaming it to *.png.
    W: Cant find 9patch chunk in file: "drawable-mdpi/map_split_marker.9.png". Renaming it to *.png.
    I: Decoding values */* XMLs...
    I: Baksmaling classes.dex...
    Cleaning up unclosed ZipFile for archive C:\Users\gesanchez\apktool\framework\1.apk
    I: Copying assets and libs...
    I: Copying unknown files...
    I: Copying original files...
    Decompiled 16.63 MB in 58.86 seconds
    Done.
    [Analyzing Package]
    Google Maps API v2 dependencies detected
    Found meta-data android:name="com.google.android.maps.v2.API_KEY" in file AndroidManifest.xml
    Using pattern .method public static isGooglePlayServicesAvailable(Landroid/content/Context to identify Google Play services file
    Using pattern Google Play services signature invalid to identify Google Play services file
    Using pattern nCalifornia1 to identify Google Play services file
    Using pattern Google Play services signature invalid to identify Google Play services file
    Using pattern nCalifornia1 to identify Google Play services file
    Using pattern const-string v[0-9], \"com.android.vending\" to identify Google Play services file
    Using pattern .class public final Lcom/google/android/gms/ads/AdSize to identify ads file.
    Using pattern 320x50_mb to identify ads file.
    Using pattern 468x60_as to identify ads file.
    Using pattern 728x90_as" to identify ads file.
    Using pattern 320x50_mb to identify ads file.
    Using pattern 468x60_as to identify ads file.
    Using pattern 728x90_as" to identify ads file.
    Info: No matching pattern to identify ads file.
    [Analysis completed]

Press CONTINUE to proceed or CANCEL to abort.

[Replacing Google Maps v2 API key in AndroidManifest]
    Done.
    [Rebuilding]
    Successfully injected debugging code.
    I: Using Apktool 2.0.0-RC2 on com.fitbit.FitbitMobile
    I: Checking whether sources has changed...
    I: Smaling smali folder into classes.dex...
    I: Checking whether resources has changed...
    I: Building resources...
    I: Building apk file...
    I: Copying unknown files/dir...
    Done.
    [Signing and Zip aligning]
    Done.
    [Cleaning up]
    Done.
    Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-fitbit.jpg
    Last edited by lugesase; 10-28-14 at 12:03 PM. Reason: adding log
    10-28-14 11:57 AM
    Hi Cobalt, I used GMAP to patch FITBIT last apk and even when it detected the Google Maps Api V2 the app is still displaying the Google Play services incompatible message. Am I missing anything?
    Did you remember to install cobalt's patched Google play services apk?
    10-28-14 12:55 PM
    yes. I actually followed all the process and other apps that were displaying the message and I patched with lucky Patcher are working fine.
    10-28-14 01:07 PM
    yes. I actually followed all the process and other apps that were displaying the message and I patched with lucky Patcher are working fine.
    Fit bit likely requires Google play services 6.x. I'd try cobalt's beta Google play services 6.1. Its not perfect but it may at least get rid of the error.
    lugesase likes this.
    10-28-14 04:14 PM
    So really, any chance of getting updated patches for Amazon?
    10-28-14 04:57 PM
    Perfect, I will try and let you all know. thanks
    10-28-14 05:13 PM
    Unfortunately it didn't work. Most of Fitbit app works fine but one important feature that was to manually add activities is under the option that requires Google Play Services and is not working. Hope anyone can find a solution for this upgrade or I will need to use the previous version.
    10-29-14 11:17 AM
    Unfortunately it didn't work. Most of Fitbit app works fine but one important feature that was to manually add activities is under the option that requires Google Play Services and is not working. Hope anyone can find a solution for this upgrade or I will need to use the previous version.
    From viewing the log (good idea to post it) I can see, that the Google Play services dependency has NOT been patched. I'll look into that.
    10-29-14 01:06 PM
    The patcher was right. There is nothing to patch. Even with manual search I did not find any Google Play services dependencies, even though it should have some according to the manifest. The decompiled code looks strange, some files are shown as music file(?). I'll look into the Runtime logs...
    lugesase likes this.
    10-29-14 02:03 PM
    Cobalt. I installed the Google Play Services apk. I downloaded the google keep app. Can't get it to work. If I don't patch with lucky patcher it keeps on looking for the play services If I do it doesn't Work either. Any ideas how to get this to work.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 09:34 PM
    The links aren't working anymore. Please upload the files again. Thx
    moody likes this.
    10-30-14 01:29 AM
    Thanks for your feedback, this is very valuable. Maybe you can share the steps that worked for you to setup everything?
    Sure! This is as much as I can remember. I am running a Bootcamp 64-bit Windows 8.1 install on an NTFS dedicated partition, usually through Parallels 10 on a 2013 Mac Pro.

Initial Install:

1. Update Blackberry to latest stable version. In my case (BB Passport, I am using SR 10.3.0.908).
    2. Install Java JRE. I installed the latest 64-bit JRE 8 for Windows from Java SE Runtime Environment 8 - Downloads .
    3. Install and configure Blackberry Link, and confirm it is working for file transfers. I used USB because it seems to be faster for large batches of files than wifi.
    4. Using the many other resource threads available on here, copy at least these 5 patched APKs to your device: Google Login, Google Play Services, Google Play Store, Google Play Store Downloader, and Android Settings (I used Play Services 5.0.89 per Cobalt's advice, and it is noticeably more stable for me). On the Passport, use File Browser and navigate to these APKS. Install each one by tapping on it one at a time. Use the links at http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/
    5. This is probably not necessary, but I recommend rebooting your device. Go into Android Settings and configure anything you might need to match your other Android devices.
    6. Launch the freshly installed Play Store on your device to trigger setup of your Google Login (note that I did not actually do this step, because I had configured the login weeks ago, but I believe this should work).

Using the Play Store and Downloader

1. Use Cobalt's easy Snap installer to get Snap up and running and linked to your Google account: http://forums.crackberry.com/android...taller-902493/ . Note that I just installed it with OS X Sachesi, but you may find it easier to use the easy install.
    2. Write down or copy/paste your GSF (Google Services Framework) ID somewhere. The GSF ID is easily obtained from Snap's Settings screen.
    3. Run the Play Store Downloader and go into settings. Enter your google credentials, or use the GSF ID from step 1. I used my google credentials. I recommend also checking the boxes "Auto download apps" and "Auto install apps". Installing an app currently requires a number of taps/clicks/steps.
    4. If you have an SD card and want your downloads to go there, set the "Download path" option while you are in the Play Store Downloader settings. It is convenient to make a dedicated folder for these downloads, so you can use the "Clear download cache" button at the bottom of Settings without fear of deleting something else in that folder.
    5. Run the Play Store and install something You may find apps already installed that have updates. Clicking Update or Install on an individual app should launch the Play Store Downloader. Depending on your settings, tap to agree with whatever the Downloader asks of you, and you should have successfully installed your first app through the Downloader!

Current Known Issues

1. "Update all" from the Play Store gets hung up; the Downloader does not seem to do batch installs well, because each app tends to popup a permissions dialog that requires your input. This is probably not an easily fixable problem.

Easy APK Downloads

1. You will need to download all of these APKs to your computer to patch with GMaps Patcher, which you can then copy to your device after patching. This can be pretty tedious if you have a number of apps, so let's make it easier to download APKs.
    2. Use the instructions here to enable installing extensions from other sites: Google Chrome - How to install third-party extensions?
    3. Install the Chrome extension "APK Downloader" from APK Downloader Chrome Extension . You need to install the version from that link; the one in the Chrome Web Store is old and does not always work. Configure the extension following that site's instructions.
    4. From now on, visiting a Play Store link in your desktop Chrome browser will have a new "Download APK" green button for APKs that your account has access to (free, or you've paid for it previously).

Patching and Installing Apps

1. As you use your device and install apps, take note of every app that gives any kind of error about Google Play Services. This list will be the list of apps that you need to patch using Cobalt's "GMaps Patcher".
    2. Download and run the GMaps Patcher, using the instructions at http://forums.crackberry.com/android...rvices-914930/
    3. Configure the patcher for the first time. I won't go into too much detail here, as this is well covered elsewhere, but you will need to make sure to browse to whichever java binary you installed at the beginning.
    4. For each app listed in step 1, download the latest APK using the APK Downloader tool.
    5. It is up to you if you want to use the patcher's builtin setting to auto-copy to your device when patching completes. I do not do it this way since the patcher kind of locks up for a while while copying, and I had issues with copies getting hung at 100% and Windows complaining about files being in use. So I just analyzed+patched all of the APKs and then batch-copied to the device using BB Link.
    6 (important!). On your device, uninstall any unpatched prior versions of each app. See the "crucial tip" below. Do not try to update from the unpatched to the patched version.
    7. Browse to the APKs directly on your device using File Browser, and install them one by one. Congratulations, 95% of the apps you need should work! Major kudos to cobalt and the others (I don't know who all has contributed to these tools, sorry for leaving you out)!

CRUCIAL TIP:

1. Once you have installed a patched version of an app, _never_ try to install or update the patched version! The update will fail and then delete the app, causing you to lose all of its settings. As long as you only ever installed patched updates to patched apps, the update will succeed and your settings will be preserved.
    Last edited by sunetos; 10-30-14 at 03:09 PM.
    jjfad and gtiffany like this.
    10-30-14 10:40 AM
    The links aren't working anymore. Please upload the files again. Thx
    I think we as a community can step up to help Cobalt out here with the file hosting situation. Cobalt, what is the most convenient ideal form of file hosting for _you_? If it's FTP upload to an HTTP server, I would be glad to run a mirror for you on one of my many web servers and give you FTP write access to a directory. If it's Dropbox or Box, which you can just copy files to from your machine directly, I propose that we as a community donate enough to pay for a premium account for you to get these download limits removed.

If you are open to the idea of us helping out with the hosting costs, I will gladly kick-start by donating the first month/quarter/something of whichever method is the most convenient on your end.
    10-30-14 10:46 AM
    Hi guys, maby a dumb question but I have no idea. I download apps though Snap, but some of these apps can't find extra resources. Now someone said I need to download something from the cobalt thread. But I have no idea what to download en if it even will work.

Posted via CB1.8.2.0
    10-30-14 12:00 PM
    Hi guys, maby a dumb question but I have no idea. I download apps though Snap, but some of these apps can't find extra resources. Now someone said I need to download something from the cobalt thread. But I have no idea what to download en if it even will work.

Posted via CB1.8.2.0
    By "extra resources", do you mean "Google Play Services"? If so, then you are in the right place. Google Play Services is the one thing missing from the BB10 Android runtime that a number of apps need, and apps that use it need to be manually patched with Cobalt's tools. Patching the app and then installing Cobalt's Google Play Services APK will make most of these apps work. If the instructions on Page 1 of this thread didn't make sense to you, you could try the installation steps I just posted a couple of posts above yours to get your machine setup to patch and install apps. Note that it does require a decent bit of manual effort to do this, so it's up to you if you want to go to the effort vs. just not using apps that use Play Services.
    10-30-14 12:25 PM
    By "extra resources", do you mean "Google Play Services"? If so, then you are in the right place. Google Play Services is the one thing missing from the BB10 Android runtime that a number of apps need, and apps that use it need to be manually patched with Cobalt's tools. Patching the app and then installing Cobalt's Google Play Services APK will make most of these apps work. If the instructions on Page 1 of this thread didn't make sense to you, you could try the installation steps I just posted a couple of posts above yours to get your machine setup to patch and install apps. Note that it does require a decent bit of manual effort to do this, so it's up to you if you want to go to the effort vs. just not using apps that use Play Services.
    Nah not exactly. I mean apps that are larger than 50mb requires to download extra recourses (obb file). But that's currently not standard possible with Snap (Google Play).

Posted via CB1.8.2.0
    10-30-14 12:42 PM
    Nah not exactly. I mean apps that are larger than 50mb requires to download extra recourses (obb file). But that's currently not standard possible with Snap (Google Play).

Posted via CB1.8.2.0
    In that case, installing Cobalt's Play Store and Play Store downloader might work for you. I'm sure I've installed apps over 50MB through that. Installing those two linked from the first page of this thread and configuring them may be the way to go.
    10-30-14 12:52 PM
9,813 ... 1011121314 ...