There are build numbers with fixes. Current version is com.android.vending-5.1.11-cobalt-buy5.apk which is build 5. Check the Play Store thread (post 2) to see what was fixed.
    Please I have been trying to install snap chat but friends said I should install it using cobalt's method of which I do not understand... Can you help me with that?

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 05:10 PM
    Some of you already know that youtube is one of the apps that can't be patched by GMaps patcher. This is because that app has two signature checks in the code and the patcher can only remove one of the two checks.

Here is the procedure how to manually patch Youtube:

What you need:
    1. A PC
    2. GMaps Patcher
    3. Grep Win (get it at grepwin - Browse Files at SourceForge.net)
    4. The latest YouTube APK file

Install GrepWin after download. You will need it later to find the second signature check.

Patching the first signature check:

1. Run GMaps patcher
    2. In options tab unselect "decompile resources"
    3. In options tab select "keep processing folder"
    4. Choose the YouTube apk file and press analyze
    5. GMAPS Patcher will suggest two patches: "Google Play Services Patch # 1" and "Android Protection Level"
    6. Unselect "Android Protection Level" patch, DO NOT PRESS CONTINUE!!

Patching the second signature check:

1. Run Grep Win. The GUI will display two input fields: "Search in" and "Search for"
    2. Fill the input field "Search in" with the path of the decompiled youtube app. This normally is GMaps Patcher\tmp\com.google.android.youtube\smali. Use the 3 dots on the right to find that folder.
    3. Fill the input field "Search for" with the string "GooglePlayServicesUtil" (without "") and press "Search"
    4. Two files will show up. They will be called something like agm.smali and dvp.smali
    5. Open (double click) the second file in the list and you will see the smali code of that class. Scroll in that file until you see the code below:

Code:
    .method public static a(Landroid/content/Context;)I
        .locals 9

.prologue
        const/4 v4, 0x2

const/4 v2, 0x1

const/4 v1, 0x0

const/16 v3, 0x9
    change the 0x9 to 0x0. that is zero x zero. Then save the file. .

Now go back to GMaps patcher and press CONTINUE. The patcher will rebuild the app and the patched version will be put into the GMaps Patcher\output folder.

That's it. You should now have a working version of YouTube.
    Cobalt, please I need your assistance. I am running ON 10.3.2 on Z10. Whenever I try to open snap chat it prompted me to install Google service which did but failed to install. Is there any other way I can use the snap chat on my phone?

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 06:40 PM
    Pls help me out most of my android apps keep asking for Google play service,when I tried installing it,it said failed I tried using lucky patcher too but failed to install pls how to I get around the Google play service issue

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 06:50 PM
    Yeahhhhhh it works !!

Thanks Cobalt.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 07:17 PM
    Can I get a working link to download gmap patch

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 09:04 PM
    Thank you. I will try this tonight. Do you think there is any way snapchat might be able to catch on and block our accounts using this method? I mean we are using an official build of the app.
    I just got my account banned permanently because I tried the listed method too many times and they viewed my login attempts on 9.3 as using unauthorized versions of the app. I guess try at your own risk.

Posted via my Z30 with the CrackBerry App
    07-28-15 10:14 PM
    thx for youtube update
    07-29-15 02:42 AM
    Please someone should help me out.. I downloaded the lucky patcher on my z10 but I don't want to use it anymore,have deleted the apps and now all my android apps no longer works again, saying no network connection when I have a 4G network... please what can I do? Help me out

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 02:58 AM
    Can I get a working link to download gmap patch

Posted via CB10
    Read the first post of this thread and follow the links referring to "patching", you'll find it easily.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 04:30 AM
    Please someone should help me out.. I downloaded the lucky patcher on my z10 but I don't want to use it anymore,have deleted the apps and now all my android apps no longer works again, saying no network connection when I have a 4G network... please what can I do? Help me out

Posted via CB10
    Same answer as in the other thread where you posted your problem as well:
    - Reboot your phone.
    - If that doesn't solve it, do a hard reset.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 04:39 AM
    Thats great, I got the latest youtube working with full function, Now I can see vertical video as well. The only reason to use android youtube is I can chromecast it to my TV.

One thing to note in above cobalt method: When I uncheck 'Decompile resources' and analyze, then I get only one option 'Google Advertising'
    and If I leave 'Decompile resources' checked, I get two option 'Google Advertising' and 'Android Protection Level'
    So I kept 'Decompile resources' checked.
    Second thing I saw in smali code, The line 'const/16 v3, 0x9' , I get 'Const/16 v0, 0x9', So I changed that line to 'Const/16 v0, 0x0' as explained.

Its great to know how to remove 'Android protection level' Thanks a lot Cobalt.

Those who want the latest Youtube patched with this method can get it from below:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!P9hEgSaA!lYnZi0...mO7IBa72XMthrQ
    First off thanks for the download.
    After I downloaded I decided to install without deleting the YouTube app already on my phone. I thought I would have to two YT apps to compare. What did happen is that it is an update, not a separate install. Interesting. The updated app works great and works with Chromecast.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    07-29-15 05:16 AM
    It updated because you already had a patched version on your phone. As the signatures matches, it worked.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    07-29-15 06:52 AM
    I just got my account banned permanently because I tried the listed method too many times and they viewed my login attempts on 9.3 as using unauthorized versions of the app. I guess try at your own risk.

As I am not using snapchat, but always like to try things out. It was working without new notifications, I have to open a app to see for new snaps.
    Then I saw a app called CASPER a client for snapchat. So uninstalled snapchat and installed Casper from Casper
    Then I got email from snapchat that I am using third party app, please uninstall. So I uninstalled and as I said, I am not using the app, so did not bother to reinstall old way.
    But then some people have problem login the old way I mentioned.So tried to reinstall. And after installing 9.3, when I login , it says this version is not supported, please update,then I updated to 9.11 gives me login error.
    Verdict is NOT WORKING
    Now only two people can make it working on this Earth.
    1) Snapchat team itself.
    2) Master Cobalt.
    Thats it for now.
    07-29-15 12:26 PM
    What kind of problem I put myself into? Just because I downloaded lucky patcher and I don't want to use it again so I deleted it since then I can never use android app on my phone anymore.. what a pity Kus it keep saying no connection when am on 4G network..any genius should help out please.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 02:50 PM
    It updated because you already had a patched version on your phone. As the signatures matches, it worked.
    I don't think I had seen that happen before, may have but just didn't notice. Thanks.
    07-29-15 03:02 PM
    As I am not using snapchat, but always like to try things out. It was working without new notifications, I have to open a app to see for new snaps.
    Then I saw a app called CASPER a client for snapchat. So uninstalled snapchat and installed Casper from Casper
    Then I got email from snapchat that I am using third party app, please uninstall. So I uninstalled and as I said, I am not using the app, so did not bother to reinstall old way.
    But then some people have problem login the old way I mentioned.So tried to reinstall. And after installing 9.3, when I login , it says this version is not supported, please update,then I updated to 9.11 gives me login error.
    Verdict is NOT WORKING
    Now only two people can make it working on this Earth.
    1) Snapchat team itself.
    2) Master Cobalt.
    Thats it for now.
    Yes, I had it working until I signed out somehow during an OS update. Once signed out we're blocked. If we were still able to use the app I'm pretty certain your method would have still worked as updates of the patched app wouldn't sign you out. Very disappointing, and sadly this is probably one that not even Cobalt could fix. I just wish the developers at Snapchat spent as much time developing for BlackBerry (or even porting over the apk) as the do actively blocking us.

07-29-15 06:23 PM
    What kind of problem I put myself into? Just because I downloaded lucky patcher and I don't want to use it again so I deleted it since then I can never use android app on my phone anymore.. what a pity Kus it keep saying no connection when am on 4G network..any genius should help out please.

Posted via CB10
    Looks like you fumbled around with your Android Runtime and now mobile data is turned off. Download this app and turn it on again.

cobalt.enablemobiledata-v1.0.apk
    http://homepage.bluewin.ch/simonsmit...ledata-1.0.apk

Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20150730_014835.png
    07-29-15 06:49 PM
    I very recently came across Cobalt and was wondering is there a way to run Google Wallet on my Unlocked (not ATT) Passport on SR 10.3.2.2226/OS Ver 10.3.2.2339? and if so, which Cobalt APKs will I need, I would probably download Google Wallet via Snap since I already have it installed.
    07-29-15 08:10 PM
    Looks like you fumbled around with your Android Runtime and now mobile data is turned off. Download this app and turn it on again.

cobalt.enablemobiledata-v1.0.apk
    http://homepage.bluewin.ch/simonsmit...ledata-1.0.apk
    Thanks Cobalt. Hopefully this helps those getting notifications to "Check your internet connection and try again". Your work is always appreciated.
    07-29-15 11:18 PM
    Thanks Cobalt, it's Works
    Will Always Trust Your Words.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 11:24 AM
    Thanks Cobalt, Everything Goes well Now.
    You The Android Lord.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 11:26 AM
    Hi Cobalt,

Thank you for the clear instructions. I'm having an issue with the Google Account Manager apk. I've converted to bar and tried to install and it keeps failing at install. It is giving me result :: failure -8. I've tried to research the failure -8 error code, but no luck.

I am still a noob so please provide some insight.
    07-30-15 07:27 PM
    Hi Cobalt,

Thank you for the clear instructions. I'm having an issue with the Google Account Manager apk. I've converted to bar and tried to install and it keeps failing at install. It is giving me result :: failure -8. I've tried to research the failure -8 error code, but no luck.

I am still a noob so please provide some insight.
    I not cobalt, but I don't think there is any reason to be converting google account manager apk. Just install as is.

Q10 on 10.3.2.2204
    07-30-15 08:03 PM
    Can someone enlighten me why opera web browse crashes after first use on my z10. I downloaded it from play store installed it and it worked but after closing it when I tried re opening it, it just stopped working.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 03:12 AM
    so i downloaded all the files to get google play store running. however when downloading snapchat and trying to login it would let me due to me the google play services not supported by the device. I then downloaded the updated google play services that Cobalt recommended and now it says " is not supported by your device. Please contact the manufacturer for assistance." its a real bummer. does anyone have an update on how to get snapchat running on blackberry 10?
    07-31-15 12:33 PM
9,524 ... 102103104105106 ...