Yeah. Ok. Thanks for the update.
    https://f-droid.org/repo/com.github....lpstore_46.apk

Delete all of the Cobalt stuff.
    01-26-21 11:14 AM
    For Google maps I loaded Cobalts bb google I'd and Google account apks. Was this a no no? It signed into maps this way.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-21 02:32 PM
    For Google maps I loaded Cobalts bb google I'd and Google account apks. Was this a no no? It signed into maps this way.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it's worth the overhead for that one simple feature.
    06-18-21 02:37 PM
    Here it is, September 2021, my question, does this still work on BB10 OS? If I remember correctly there were only 4 files to install to get BB10 OS to easily run Android Apps.
    Last edited by EndRacism; 09-21-21 at 09:30 AM.
    09-21-21 08:33 AM
    Here it is, August 2021, my question, does this still work on BB10 OS? If I remember correctly there were only 4 files to install to get BB10 OS to easily run Android Apps.
    No need. Just install Yalp.

https://f-droid.org/repo/com.github....lpstore_47.apk

Then sign in with your Google Account.
    09-21-21 08:37 AM
    I tried, I'll try again this evening after work. When I had cobalt files it was great, I keep hearing 10.3.3 is supposed to run android apks but I don't see that, I used to be able to run almost anything with cobalt,
    Last edited by EndRacism; 09-21-21 at 09:17 AM.
    09-21-21 08:48 AM
    Here it is, August 2021, my question, does this still work on BB10 OS? If I remember correctly there were only 4 files to install to get BB10 OS to easily run Android Apps.
    Where are you located that it’s still August 2021 today? My calendar shows here in Floriduh, September 21, 2021 today.
    Mc Mcmc likes this.
    09-21-21 09:24 AM
    I tried, I'll try again this evening after work. When I had cobalt files it was great, I keep hearing 10.3.3 is supposed to run android apks but I don't see that, I used to be able to run almost anything with cobalt,
    Cobalt doesn't do anything for running Android apps. That's part of BB10 already.

Yalp just gives you a Play Store client.
    09-21-21 09:25 AM
    Not from my phone, apks that used to operate with cobalt don't on stock 10.3.3, I don't know they say it does.
    09-21-21 09:29 AM
    Huh, it says September ������
    09-21-21 09:31 AM
    Huh, it says September 😁
    09-21-21 09:31 AM
    Not from my phone, apks that used to operate with cobalt don't on stock 10.3.3, I don't know they say it does.
    Like what?
    09-21-21 09:35 AM
    Back in the day I could run about 70% of the apps I tried with 10.3.3..... I suspect that is down quite a bit at this point. All Cobalt did was give us a client for the Google Play store, but his current version is outdated. F-Droid has a newer client, but it doesn't change the fact BB10 only has partial support for Jelly Bean MR2, API level 18 - Android 4.3.

Depending on what you need, you might find some additional sucess with older version of apps, rather than the current ones found in Google Play. But there there are some like WhatsApp that you can get directly from WhatsApp and it still functions...

Searching here for apps might bring you some options....
    09-21-21 09:36 AM
    Have to finish conversation this evening, I'm driving all day for work,
    09-21-21 09:39 AM
    Cobalt's method only gave you a patched Google Services and a patched Play Store access. Apks were always able to run on BB10 whether you had Cobalt's stack or not. As long as they met certain criteria. Without Cobalt's stack, the app had to be such that it didn't need Google Services and worked with at least Android 4.3 - got that and the apk would install and run just fine. Even today. I have a couple of android apps on my Z10 now on 10.3.3.3216 without Cobalt's stack.

Several years ago, Google Services was updated beyond what Cobalt could patch, so he stopped. While it still worked for a while, as apps updated to work with newer Services, they became incompatible with Cobalt's Patched Google Services.

The issue was whether the app was compatible with the android runtime in BB10 which is stuck at Android 4.3. Any android app that requires a newer android than that (and there are more and more every day that does - especially today more than just a few ago), then they simply won't install. Cobalt's stack can't solve that problem.
    Laura Knotek and ppeters914 like this.
    09-21-21 09:48 AM
    Cobalt's method only gave you a patched Google Services and a patched Play Store access. Apks were always able to run on BB10 whether you had Cobalt's stack or not. As long as they met certain criteria. Without Cobalt's stack, the app had to be such that it didn't need Google Services and worked with at least Android 4.3 - got that and the apk would install and run just fine. Even today. I have a couple of android apps on my Z10 now on 10.3.3.3216 without Cobalt's stack.

Several years ago, Google Services was updated beyond what Cobalt could patch, so he stopped. While it still worked for a while, as apps updated to work with newer Services, they became incompatible with Cobalt's Patched Google Services.

The issue was whether the app was compatible with the android runtime in BB10 which is stuck at Android 4.3. Any android app that requires a newer android than that (and there are more and more every day that does - especially today more than just a few ago), then they simply won't install. Cobalt's stack can't solve that problem.

She has used FDroid in the past, as well as Fennec Browser and this is at least her forth Passport. So she isn't a newbie.

Not sure why she is revisiting her Passport... maybe to check it out one last time before the end?
    09-21-21 10:09 AM
    Huh, it says September ������
    LOL - drive safely
    09-21-21 10:15 AM
    Will the passport become wholly unable. To be used anything at all? Can a hacker not figure a way to wipe the ROM handle us use something else ?
    09-21-21 10:18 AM
    Will the passport become wholly unable. To be used anything at all? Can a hacker not figure a way to wipe the ROM handle us use something else ?
    Still could be used as a wifi device or perhaps someone will take the carcass and put new guts into it https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...804.1609278788
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-21-21 10:21 AM
    I use BlackBerry Hub+ apps from Cobalt on Titan Android 10 and they work fine... Updates, of course,don't
    09-21-21 10:21 AM
    Passport was the LAST one device that evoked "unboxing glee" from me... The first was the ORIGINAL Motorola RAZR
    09-21-21 10:23 AM
    I use BlackBerry Hub+ apps from Cobalt on Titan Android 10 and they work fine... Updates, of course,don't
    This has nothing to do with BB10.
    09-21-21 10:29 AM
    Still could be used as a wifi device or perhaps someone will take the carcass and put new guts into it https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...804.1609278788
    I think he jumped the gun on saying he could do it and creating his webpage.... when he hasn't even worked out what works and doesn't work (hardware drivers). Nor has he shown it in Action.... running Android 9 sounds great but will it turn the Passport into a small thermonuclear device?

And while his labor rates are cheap.... have to wonder how many conversions he can fit into his already busy life. Four or five units a month... that could become some waiting list.

And still there is the looming 3G shutdown and the unknowns of VoLTE support with some US Carriers... or other countries with his possible timeline.
    09-21-21 10:43 AM
    I think he jumped the gun on saying he could do it and creating his webpage.... when he hasn't even worked out what works and doesn't work (hardware drivers). Nor has he shown it in Action.... running Android 9 sounds great but will it turn the Passport into a small thermonuclear device?

And while his labor rates are cheap.... have to wonder how many conversions he can fit into his already busy life. Four or five units a month... that could become some waiting list.

And still there is the looming 3G shutdown and the unknowns of VoLTE support with some US Carriers... or other countries with his possible timeline.
    Agreed - it's far from being viable imo. I'm not sure I would even want to convert my device even if it was possible. As you know, I'm a BB10 fan. I suspect the 801 could handle Android 9 but I can't see the keyboard operating the way I would like it to.
    09-21-21 10:48 AM
    I'm here I got all excited. And furthermore I to wondered about how the keyboard will function. And I didn't see where to look at the prices that are proposed; would you point me to that please…
    09-21-21 11:01 AM
9,813 ... 390391392393