What part?
    Hpw should I type it? I have the file in my users directory

At command prompt, I typed: apktool d filename.apk In the script the follows, I get a warning about the directory being volatile and should use --frame-path because frameworks could go missing. So, I just don't know what I'm doing. The apk was named 1.apk and it also created a pool.bin file and placed all in my \AppData\Local\Temp directory. Once I figure out how to control the output directory (which is mostly where I'm lost), do I need to run a b[uild] on the decoded apk file?
    05-29-19 02:50 PM
    Hpw should I type it? I have the file in my users directory

At command prompt, I typed: apktool d filename.apk In the script the follows, I get a warning about the directory being volatile and should use --frame-path because frameworks could go missing. So, I just don't know what I'm doing. The apk was named 1.apk and it also created a pool.bin file and placed all in my \AppData\Local\Temp directory. Once I figure out how to control the output directory (which is mostly where I'm lost), do I need to run a b[uild] on the decoded apk file?
    Just put the new apktool.jar in the lib sub-directory to the patcher app.
    05-29-19 03:13 PM
    Just put the new apktool.jar in the lib sub-directory to the patcher app.
    Thanks for helping- I just can't figure out what it's doing.

I have both files in my C:\Windows directory.
    05-29-19 03:27 PM
    Thanks for helping- I just can't figure out what it's doing.
    You don't need to. Just continue to use the Patcher 1.6 app. It is essentially a GUI for the apktool.
    05-29-19 03:28 PM
    You don't need to. Just continue to use the Patcher 1.6 app. It is essentially a GUI for the apktool.
    Fianlly figured it out- unfortunately, in trying to do the most recent WeatherBug app, I get "Unable to install app" when I try to install the modified and signed apk.
    05-30-19 10:39 AM
    Fianlly figured it out- unfortunately, in trying to do the most recent WeatherBug app, I get "Unable to install app" when I try to install the modified and signed apk.
    That's because it requires Android 4.4.

The BB10 Android Runtime is in the 3.8% club of Android 4.3 or less.
    05-30-19 10:40 AM
    That's because it requires Android 4.4.

The BB10 Android Runtime is in the 3.8% club of Android 4.3 or less.
    Makes sense- thanks.
    05-30-19 10:47 AM
    I can confirm that also, if you don't want to dig up the two files, just do the full Blitz and you'll be set.
    There are two files you actually need, just forgot their names but in the lines of Android Runtime and Android Shell .sys files

Posted via CB10
    Correct. Those two files.
    05-30-19 03:52 PM
    Seems to patch fine for me.

https://mega.nz/#!4dgFRapB!MNLDFrNAO...vbgwybqSskt9eI

Are you using the latest apktool (2.4.0) ?
    Can't get a "dist" folder in trying to run apktool on FoE version 1.155.3. Any luck getting a patched one?
    07-03-19 08:23 AM
    Can't get a "dist" folder in trying to run apktool on FoE version 1.155.3. Any luck getting a patched one?
    I don't use the tool directly. I use the Patcher GUI.
    07-03-19 08:25 AM
    I don't use the tool directly. I use the Patcher GUI.
    That's what I'm trying next. Do you have a working FoE 1.155.3? I'm getting a error saying it cannot be rebuilt.
    07-03-19 08:26 AM
    That's what I'm trying next. Do you have a working FoE 1.155.3? I'm getting a error saying it cannot be rebuilt.
    You bet.

https://mega.nz/#!1c4zHKST!NjX0Y9bRA...y5KaXYiLxaQEvc
    07-03-19 09:15 AM
    Thank you! You used PS Patcher GUI? I'm using ver 1.6 and I keep getting an error. What did you use?
    07-03-19 09:22 AM
    Thank you! You used PS Patcher GUI? I'm using ver 1.6 and I keep getting an error. What did you use?
    That's what I used. Make sure that the working folder is just off the root drive.
    07-03-19 10:21 AM
    I'll move it there. Haven't had issues in the past, but thanks for the tip!
    07-03-19 10:34 AM
    That's what I used. Make sure that the working folder is just off the root drive.
    Moved it to the root drive and still got the error: "Package cannot be recompiled." Is there an option I'm needing to turn on? I have them all off.
    07-03-19 10:44 AM
    Moved it to the root drive and still got the error: "Package cannot be recompiled." Is there an option I'm needing to turn on? I have them all off.
    Use default settings ONLY.
    07-03-19 10:56 AM
    Use default settings ONLY.
    That's what I've got afaik- I've never changed anything. Using Java ver 8.0_201. Have PS Patcher.exe in a subfolder in C:\. Should I update the lib folder with a current version of apktool.jar and signapk.jar that I downloaded?
    07-03-19 11:06 AM
    That's what I've got afaik- I've never changed anything. Using Java ver 8.0_201. Have PS Patcher.exe in a subfolder in C:\. Should I update the lib folder with a current version of apktool.jar and signapk.jar that I downloaded?
    Apktool, yes.
    07-03-19 11:07 AM
    Apktool, yes.
    That did it! Thanks! I suspected something like that. I updated Java while I was at it.
    07-03-19 11:15 AM
    Is this still functional on a Passport? Does everything work? Does current firefox android function?
    07-11-19 05:16 PM
    So, the new version of FoE came out. I patched it successfully with PS Patcher. When I run it, I keep getting, "Unfortunately, Forge of Empires has stopped." Any thoughts?
    07-31-19 10:50 PM
    So, the new version of FoE came out. I patched it successfully with PS Patcher. When I run it, I keep getting, "Unfortunately, Forge of Empires has stopped." Any thoughts?
    I'll try it myself, but it probably means the end of the road for that game on BB10.
    07-31-19 10:54 PM
    I'll try it myself, but it probably means the end of the road for that game on BB10.
    That sucks. Still Android 4.1+. Let me know if you find anything out. You've been very helpful.
    07-31-19 11:48 PM
    That sucks. Still Android 4.1+. Let me know if you find anything out. You've been very helpful.
    Seems to load fine. Are you sure you got the 32 bit version?
    08-01-19 07:34 PM
9,813 ... 385386387388389 ...