WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR ADVICE: After two years, I want to update Cobalt's programs on my BB Classic, which currently has OS Blackberry 10 Software Release 10.3.3.1463 and Software Version 10.3.3.2205 with Build ID 903214.

(Today, my BB seems to have:
    - Cobalt's Blackberry Google ID 1.0.0.2800
    - Android's Google Account 1.0.0.18
    - Android's Google Settings 1.0.1105.5036
    - Android's Maps 1.9.5610.1123
    - Android's Play Store 1.0.8043.0)

WHY UPDATE COBALT'S APPS? A number of patched apps just don't work any more - including the apps for the NY Times and the Wall Street Journal. My patched Kindle app works but with glitches. I frequently get a warning that Google Pay Services have stopped. If I open Google Services now, it says it cannot connect. (I also see "sync error".) And I want to install (for the first time) the Android versions of What'sApp, Uber and more.

So, before following Cobalt's advice on page 1 of this thread from scratch AGAIN (two years later), SHOULD I FIRST UNINSTALL my existing apps above? HOW DO I UNINSTALL THEM CORRECTLY? I have, so far, never uninstalled anything on my BB.

Important - the only app I REALLY care about is Kindle, which is mostly working. If I uninstall my Cobalt apps above and re-install his new versions, will it all go bad and will I totally lose my clunky Kindle?

What other advice do you have for my update?

Thanks.
    02-03-18 09:21 AM
    WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR ADVICE: After two years, I want to update Cobalt's programs on my BB Classic, which currently has OS Blackberry 10 Software Release 10.3.3.1463 and Software Version 10.3.3.2205 with Build ID 903214.

WHY UPDATE COBALT'S APPS? A number of patched apps just don't work any more - including the apps for the NY Times and the Wall Street Journal. My Kindle app works but with glitches. I frequently get a warning that Google Pay Services have stopped. If I open Google Services now, it says it cannot connect. (I also see "sync error".) And I want to install (for the first time) the Android versions of What'sApp, Uber and more.

So, before following Cobalt's advice on page 1 of this thread from scratch AGAIN (two years later), SHOULD I FIRST UNINSTALL my existing apps above? HOW DO I UNINSTALL THEM CORRECTLY? I have, so far, never uninstalled anything on my BB.

Important - the only app I REALLY care about is Kindle, which is mostly working. If I uninstall my Cobalt apps above and re-install his new versions, will it all go bad and will I totally lose my clunky Kindle?

Thanks.
    Just erase all Cobalt apps and start over.

Cobalt's file share (download to PC and move files over to device):

https://mega.nz/#F!lIUWjSSQ!yoLoiNX3PNG3Sef1Fa_fMA

Install and login with 4.3.3.

Install and register with 2.8.

Install Play Store v6 build2.

***Stop here if all you want is Play Store

Install Play Services v11.

Install 4.4.4 (but don't open after)

Install Play Games v5 (if desired).

Install whitelist 1.0.0.6.

***If an app requires Google Play Services, then:

Download app with Cobalt's Play Store (but don't install).
    Whitelist unpatched app.
    Patch app on PC with Play Services Patcher 1.6 using defaults settings.

Install patched app.
    Laden89 likes this.
    02-03-18 09:23 AM

WHY UPDATE COBALT'S APPS? A number of patched apps just don't work any more - including the apps for the NY Times and the Wall Street Journal. My Kindle app works but with glitches. I frequently get a warning that Google Pay Services have stopped. If I open Google Services now, it says it cannot connect. (I also see "sync error".) And I want to install (for the first time) the Android versions of What'sApp, Uber and more.

Thanks.
    AFAIK you will need to patch all of the apps you want to go through Play Services with Cobalt's special app patcher. Edit: Conite's given you perfect step by step instructions.
    Last edited by goncal; 02-03-18 at 09:39 AM.
    02-03-18 09:24 AM
    Conite - thanks. Some very dumb questions:
    1) How do I "erase"? I've never done it on any BB. Is it just hold down on the icon until it jiggles and then hit the trash can? That's really all? Should I reboot after?
    2) I have Cobalt's latest file share items on my PC - including the nine apk's. WHERE should I move them in my BB?
    3) After I move Cobalt's file share items (apk's) to my BB, do I "install" just by clicking on each apk in my BB? (I know, really dumb, but I haven't done this in two years.)
    Yes, I know - in the correct order above.
    4) When I install 4.4.4, how can I STOP it from opening?
    5) Will my existing Kindle app now work, or must I erase that and re-download and re-patch it?

Thanks for you patience !!!!!
    Last edited by glnz; 02-03-18 at 09:47 AM.
    02-03-18 09:33 AM
    Conite - thanks. Some very dumb questions:
    1) How do I "erase"? I've never done it on any BB.
    2) I have Cobalt's latest file share items on my PC - including the nine apk's. WHERE should I move them in my BB?
    3) After I move Cobalt's file share items (apk's) to my BB, do I "install" just by clicking on each apk in my BB? (I know, really dumb, but I haven't done this in two years.)
    Yes, I know - in the correct order above.
    4) When I install 4.4.4, how can I STOP it from opening?
    5) Will my existing Kindle app now work, or must I erase that and re-download and re-patch it?

Thanks for you patience !!!!!
    Just delete the apps like any other - long hold icon and hit x.

Move the apk files anywhere you wish - maybe download folder?

Tap on apk file to install.

If you don't want to open an app, don't open it.

It may be time to update Kindle anyway, but it will likely still work.
    02-03-18 09:46 AM
    Conite - so far, so good. Some of the Cobalt files were clunky on the installations - messages about not connecting to server, etc., but eventually they all seem to be installed and I'm registered with my gmail account. Also, the old Kindle app still works (and is still a bit clunky).

► MAJOR EDIT HERE: ◄ ♫

First, I figured out how to download from Google Play Store and NOT install. So I have downloaded, Whitelisted and Patched four apk's: Wall Street Journal, New York Times, TeamViewer (version 13), and Whatsapp.

I have mixed results:

The Wall Street Journal app will NOT let me log in to my existing Wall Street Journal account. Says "The login failed registration." But the app appears to be mostly working and would let me have a 30-day free subscription if I pressed a different button, which I have not done.

The New York Times is working and I successfully logged in to my existing account. Yay!

I downloaded TeamViewer 13 from the Google Play Store, added it to the Whitelist, then Patched it and Installed the patched apk. But when I try to open it, it gives me a message that the Android app cannot be run and I must download the BlackBerry app from BlackBerry World. Unfortunately, the BB World version is the prior version 12, which no longer connects to my PCs running version 13.

FURTHER EDIT - The patched version of Whatsapp says there's something wrong with the app and it should be re-downloaded from Google Play Store. I then tried the UNpatched version, which got a little farther - it sent me the SMS code - but then said it would not work without Google Play Services. (Yeah - I get it - the patching lets the app "see" the Google Play Services; without the patching, the app won't.)

NEW EDIT - Whatsapp is working. Used the original apk (not patched) and when I got the prompt that it was missing Google Play Services, I just tapped outside that error message, and it INSTALLED and it is working !!!!! (Conite made that suggestion in a different thread on these forums.)

So at 60% - 3 out of 5 (including Kindle as good).

I very much appreciate Cobalt's and your efforts here, Conite, but is there anything more I should try?

Thanks again for your patience with this old dog.
    Last edited by glnz; 02-03-18 at 09:42 PM.
    02-03-18 05:33 PM
    Conite - so far, so good. Some of the Cobalt files were clunky on the installations - messages about not connecting to server, etc., but eventually they all seem to be installed and I'm registered with my gmail account. Also, the old Kindle app still works (and is still a bit clunky).

MAJOR EDIT HERE:

First, I figured out how to download from Google Play Store and NOT install. So I have downloaded and patched three apk's: Wall Street Journal, New York Times and TeamViewer (version 13).

I have mixed results:

The Wall Street Journal app will NOT let me log in to my existing Wall Street Journal account. Says "The login failed registration." But the app appears to be mostly working and would let me have a 30-day free subscription if I pressed a different button, which I have not done.

The New York Times is working and I successfully logged in to my existing account. Yay!

I downloaded TeamViewer 13 from the Google Play Store, added it to the Whitelist, then Patched it and Installed the patched apk. But when I try to open it, it gives me a message that the Android app cannot be run and I must download the BlackBerry app from BlackBerry World. Unfortunately, the BB World version is the prior version 12, which no longer connects to my PCs running version 13.

So very mixed bag - only 2 out of 4 (including Kindle as good).

I very much appreciate Cobalt's and your efforts here, Conite, but is there anything more I should try?

Thanks again for your patience with this old dog.
    Just don't "install" when it switches over to the BlackBerry Android app installer. You will find the downloaded apk in your device download folder.
    02-03-18 08:06 PM
    Conite - thanks for continued attention.

Not sure what you mean above. When the patched TeamViewer 13 apk gave me the message that I needed to use the BB World version, I took a look and saw that the BB World version is TeamViewer 12, which I already know won't connect to TeamViewer 13 on all my other devices. So I did NOT download or install the BB World version at all.
    I wish the patched TeamViewer 13 would NOT check BB World but just go ahead and install.

Also, I added another edit above that WhatsApp will not work - neither the patched apk nor the original unpatched apk.

NEW EDIT - Whatsapp is working. Used the original apk (not patched) and when I got the prompt that it was missing Google Play Services, I just tapped outside that error message, and it INSTALLED and it is working !!!!! (Conite made that suggestion in a different thread on these forums.)

So I now have 3 out of 5. Good !!!!! ♪♫♪ ♥

However, as to Teamviewer, I am open to more suggestions, and thanks again for heroic efforts here.
    Last edited by glnz; 02-03-18 at 09:41 PM.
    02-03-18 09:11 PM
    Conite - thanks for continued attention.

Not sure what you mean above. When the patched TeamViewer 13 apk gave me the message that I needed to use the BB World version, I took a look and saw that the BB World version is TeamViewer 12, which I already know won't connect to TeamViewer 13 on all my other devices. So I did NOT download or install the BB World version at all.
    I wish the patched TeamViewer 13 would NOT check BB World but just go ahead and install.

Also, I added another edit above that WhatsApp will not work - neither the patched apk nor the original unpatched apk.

So I now have 3 out of 5. Good !!!!! ♪♫♪

However, as to Teamviewer, I am open to more suggestions, and thanks again for heroic efforts here.
    Unfortunately Teamviewer is a no go.
    02-03-18 10:02 PM
    Installed a Patched version of Chrome, but it is slow.
    02-03-18 10:31 PM
    Hi conite ,
    I downloaded the files u recommend me from mega, I installed them but when opening playstore it just show white and minimises itself same with google login only GID openned well,my phone keeps poping up with 'the app cannot run without google play services which not supported by your device 'what other thing should I try

Posted via CB10
    02-04-18 02:46 PM
    Hi conite ,
    I downloaded the files u recommend me from mega, I installed them but when opening playstore it just show white and minimises itself same with google login only GID openned well,my phone keeps poping up with 'the app cannot run without google play services which not supported by your device 'what other thing should I try

Posted via CB10
    You didn't follow the instructions exactly. Start over.
    02-04-18 08:56 PM
    I was having the same issue to which you're responding. I was able to get past the error by moving onto step #4 THEN RETRYING #3 .
    02-06-18 04:32 PM
    anyone knows if latest version of SoundCloud works in BB10? patching it or not?
    02-10-18 01:04 PM
    I downloaded soundcloud yesterday and works fine. No patching needed

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    02-10-18 01:24 PM
    Souncloud works perfect also on my devices

Posted via CB10
    02-10-18 03:56 PM
    I had to patch it, couldn't log in with my google account like I do in my PC.
    02-10-18 05:27 PM
    I was wondering if you guys have the latest patched play services as of this year. I cant login to rules of survival and im guessing its beause the version of my google play services is too old??
    02-11-18 09:13 AM
    I was wondering if you guys have the latest patched play services as of this year. I cant login to rules of survival and im guessing its beause the version of my google play services is too old??
    Play Services v11 shouldn't cause any issues.

You're whitelisting and patching?
    02-11-18 10:04 AM
    As concerning Teamviewer: As far as I remember the TW-version from Play Store does not work on BB - even if patched with Cobalts patcher.

The only version I found working is the one from Blackberry World. It's a V.12. Every time it is started, it throws a "Google Play services necessary"-error, but just tap "ok" - it works anyway!

I must confess - until today I never tried to connect to a V.13 client. I stayed an V.12 on all my computers cause it does all I want. I use it privatly only. Perhaps this is a way for you too. It should be no problem to downgrade to TW 12 and switch off automatic updates.

Good luck!

Roland with Q10 on V 10.3.3.3057
    02-11-18 01:53 PM
    Hi, someone have new Google photos app working on BB10? Tks

Posted via CB10
    02-11-18 07:34 PM
    will this Google App affect to battery drain once we installed?
    02-13-18 09:23 PM
    will this Google App affect to battery drain once we installed?
    Not really.
    02-13-18 09:38 PM
    Play Services v11 shouldn't cause any issues.

You're whitelisting and patching?
    There was this psrt of the game where I can bind my acct in facebook and google play. When I click the google play button and error pops up saying playstore error
    02-15-18 09:53 PM
    There was this psrt of the game where I can bind my acct in facebook and google play. When I click the google play button and error pops up saying playstore error
    You didn't answer my question.
    Zidentia likes this.
    02-15-18 09:58 PM
9,813 ... 372373374375376 ...