I have done all of the steps from Cobalt correctly however, COC will not load. i get no error message . the screen just goes black. and then returns me to my home page. i am using a bbz10. i moved the original .apk to google whitelist and dont know how to patch it on my device so i can start to play. Can anyone help?
    01-09-18 05:29 PM
    I have done all of the steps from Cobalt correctly however, COC will not load. i get no error message . the screen just goes black. and then returns me to my home page. i am using a bbz10. i moved the original .apk to google whitelist and dont know how to patch it on my device so i can start to play. Can anyone help?
    CoC no longer works on BB10.
    01-09-18 05:31 PM
    sad face ok what about ggogle home for casting to a chromecast?
    01-09-18 05:38 PM
    on another note, iam trying to patch an apk but the play services patcher isnt recognizing the java on my pc. im running java 8
    01-09-18 05:56 PM
    Can anyone tell me why the patcher cant find java.exe on my pc?
    01-09-18 06:02 PM
    sad face ok what about ggogle home for casting to a chromecast?
    No go.
    01-09-18 06:04 PM
    on another note, iam trying to patch an apk but the play services patcher isnt recognizing the java on my pc. im running java 8
    Select the paths tab and navigate to your java.exe file.
    01-09-18 06:04 PM
    Can anyone tell me why the patcher cant find java.exe on my pc?
    Because you have to find and copy YOUR java.exe and not search the java.exe as you see in the patcher.
    In my case for example it is not java.exe but something else.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-18 04:53 AM
    Hi everyone. Thank you Cobalt for keeping my Passport relevant! I have been happily running your stuff since early 2016 to give me access to the official Tesla Motors App.

Apparently something has changed and I've lost functionality. I figure it's time to update the Tesla App. I downloaded and installed the latest whitelist and play store from the mega file share at the top of this thread. I then downloaded the latest Tesla App apk from apkmirror and transferred it to the media card on my Passport. I opened the Whitelist App, Clicked Add package, and selected the Tesla App apk (unpatched). When I do that I get a "Fatal error: cannot read meta-data from package!"

Any thoughts? Should I be downloading the apk from some other source?

Thanks!
    01-10-18 10:35 AM
    Hi everyone. Thank you Cobalt for keeping my Passport relevant! I have been happily running your stuff since early 2016 to give me access to the official Tesla Motors App.

Apparently something has changed and I've lost functionality. I figure it's time to update the Tesla App. I downloaded and installed the latest whitelist and play store from the mega file share at the top of this thread. I then downloaded the latest Tesla App apk from apkmirror and transferred it to the media card on my Passport. I opened the Whitelist App, Clicked Add package, and selected the Tesla App apk (unpatched). When I do that I get a "Fatal error: cannot read meta-data from package!"

Any thoughts? Should I be downloading the apk from some other source?

Thanks!
    The app requires Android 5 or above. BB10 is stuck on 4.3 forever.
    striderbg likes this.
    01-10-18 10:58 AM
    Ah, now I see the "Min:" spec on the apk download page. Argh. This is the only non-BB10 app I need. This will be the thing that will push me to an Android BB. Maybe I can limp along until the KeyTwo comes out later this year.
    01-10-18 11:07 AM
    I followed the process for installing Play Store and everything went well. However, when I tried running WhatsApp, I get the error "WhatsApp won't run without Google Play Services which are not supported by your device." I however have Google Play Services installed and running. What would be the problem?
    01-16-18 05:49 AM
    I followed the process for installing Play Store and everything went well. However, when I tried running WhatsApp, I get the error "WhatsApp won't run without Google Play Services which are not supported by your device." I however have Google Play Services installed and running. What would be the problem?
    WhatsApp is no longer supported on BB10. It's been posted all over this forum and here: https://m.crackberry.com/whatsapp-bl...yone-or-motion
    Not sure how you missed it.
    01-16-18 07:13 AM
    Tap outside the warning box in WhatsApp - you won't be bugged again.

For other apps that NEED Google Play Services, it's not enough to simply have Google Play Services installed - you have to patch the app in question on your PC to allow it to work with those services.
    01-16-18 07:16 AM

For other apps that NEED Google Play Services, it's not enough to simply have Google Play Services installed - you have to patch the app in question on your PC to allow it to work with those services.
    But doesn't WhatsApp on BB10 have limitations?
    01-16-18 07:57 AM
    But doesn't WhatsApp on BB10 have limitations?
    That's a separate question, but the answer is yes. I'm not a WhatsApp user, so I can't detail what features don't work - but there are certainly shortcomings.
    01-16-18 08:28 AM
    WhatsApp is no longer supported on BB10. It's been posted all over this forum and here: https://m.crackberry.com/whatsapp-bl...yone-or-motion
    OP is asking about the Android version which still works.
    01-16-18 10:06 AM
    OP is asking about the Android version which still works.
    See Conite's reply above yours. I don't use WA.
    01-16-18 11:02 AM

This worked perfectly Conite. Thanks a bunch. Thanks to Cobalt too my Z30 is still relevant.
    01-16-18 11:55 AM
    I was referring to the side-loaded version through Play Store on BlackBerry.
    01-16-18 11:57 AM
    Hello, I'm very grateful for all your work, and I know everything you have said about the whatsapp, but I have a problem and if someone could help me I would appreciate it a lot. I can't send images from whatsapp. I did the whole process and the downloads yesterday, then I downloaded whatsapp and presented this problem, could someone help me? I have a BB Z30. Thanks in advance.
    01-16-18 12:19 PM
    Hello, I'm very grateful for all your work, and I know everything you have said about the whatsapp, but I have a problem and if someone could help me I would appreciate it a lot. I can't send images from whatsapp. I did the whole process and the downloads yesterday, then I downloaded whatsapp and presented this problem, could someone help me? I have a BB Z30. Thanks in advance.
    If I'm not wrong, to send images with Whatsapp, you need to download and install the patcher from BlackBerry world and an SD card.
    The patcher is whatsfixer and you can even find a link where there are the instruction to install it.
    If you have already downloaded the patcher and you can't send images, I'm sorry but I'm not able to help you

Posted via CB10
    01-17-18 10:23 AM
    Download WhatsApp from www.whatsapp.com/android.

Install app, tap OUTSIDE the box when warned about Google Play Services.

Run patch from BlackBerry World:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/60005088

You will need an SD card for this to work.
    01-17-18 10:43 AM
    Thanks, you were very helpful, my whatsapp is working perfectly
    01-17-18 06:15 PM
    Thanks for your help
    01-17-18 06:17 PM
9,813 ... 370371372373374 ...