Can anyone please send me link for build 2, I can't find it build 2 in first page

Posted via CB10
    10-05-17 05:46 PM
    Look in the first post for "Cobalt's file share link", and click on that.

That goes to the Mega file share folder and the build 2 apk is right there with all the others.
    10-05-17 06:41 PM
    Can anyone please send me link for build 2, I can't find it build 2 in first page

Posted via CB10
    Here is COBALT's - Playstore Build 2:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxM...w?usp=drivesdk

Have them all saved in my drive anyway so maybe easier for you. This is fully Cobalts work and genius, not mine. I'm just hosting it and sharing it to U, to save you a few moments..

 Passport SE  -Working wiDe in 2017+...
    EndRacism likes this.
    10-05-17 06:54 PM
    Im using passport with os 10.3.3 When trying to download files from my blackberry browser it requires me to download the mega app from the google playstore. How can I when I don't have the playstore? Please help!!!
    10-05-17 07:34 PM

Have them all saved in my drive anyway so maybe easier for you. This is fully Cobalts work and genius, not mine. I'm just hosting it and sharing it to U, to save you a few moments..

Thanks a ton

Posted via CB10
    10-05-17 08:05 PM

It keeps crashing after 15mins

Posted via CB10
    10-05-17 09:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    Your going to have to get @Cobalt232 in here for this? I am unsure. I pulled it with apk extractor and uploaded it to my drive, right to you via the link. Try to uninstall and reinstall? Clear cache. It's build 2 which works great for me and as far as I know everyone else. Man, hopefully when or if this one stops working Cobalt has something brewing as It feels like we are getting close to that but I could be wrong...

I wonder which newer Play Services is best on Batt. Be nice to get that version, a tride and true release next time, if there is one. If he does it again might as well get the latest of everything from O or above and call it a lifetime!

Hope he figures it out for you and it's not going to be everyone unless Cobalt already has something cooked up. Otherwise somebody else will have to get creative.

I was hoping we could wait until at least late February until anything goes array with the Cobalt Suites as by then O will be fully mature to use those if that's even possible. Maybe it's not come to think of it.. only the wizard knows!

Anyways,

I will leave my PS on for fifteen minutes now as I realized I never leave it on for that long, I personally Have no need for that long even when updating. I will try now.... send him one of those error log cats, I think it's built in somewhere..

10-06-17 04:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    Mine didn't crash?
    Still having issue after install and re install?

10-07-17 05:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    You have the greatest NAME on Crackberry we must hammer your issue out.

10-07-17 05:10 PM
    Did you patch the apps?
    Hi and thanks for the reply. That was my mistake. I uninstalled Google Maps, got the apk here https://google-maps.fr.uptodown.com/android/telecharger then patched the apk (don't know how to download apk from the android browser app). Issue is that .apk won't instal on the blackberry (when I open the apk, it says impossible and closes). I had no issue patching the app though.
    One more thing, I tried to add the unpatched Skype .apk to the Whitelist but it says "fatal error: cannot read metadata from package"
    Can anyone light me on this?
    Thanks a lot
    10-08-17 05:20 AM
    Skype error = wrong sdk version. You need the version for Android 4.3
    EndRacism likes this.
    10-08-17 06:06 AM
    Im using passport with os 10.3.3 When trying to download files from my blackberry browser it requires me to download the mega app from the google playstore. How can I when I don't have the playstore? Please help!!!
    I use my PC to download then plug my BBpassport into PC and transfer the APKS into the phone download folder, then disconnect phone, use file manager to locate download folder, open download folder, press and hold apk to get the install button!
    10-08-17 08:14 AM
    Hi and thanks for the reply. That was my mistake. I uninstalled Google Maps, got the apk here https://google-maps.fr.uptodown.com/android/telecharger then patched the apk (don't know how to download apk from the android browser app). Issue is that .apk won't instal on the blackberry (when I open the apk, it says impossible and closes). I had no issue patching the app though.
    One more thing, I tried to add the unpatched Skype .apk to the Whitelist but it says "fatal error: cannot read metadata from package"
    Can anyone light me on this?
    Thanks a lot
    Try Skype:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/skype/...-apk-download/

Install, run once, quit, reboot, wait 10 minutes, enjoy.
    Don't patch.

10-08-17 12:53 PM
    @cobalt
    Is there any update coming out from u for google play games?
    It wont work anymore with clash of clans :-( says google play games need to be updated Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-12-17 05:13 AM
    I'll see what I can do. Most likely Google Play Services also needs to be updated and that is difficult to accomplish. A first analysis doesn't look promising.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    10-12-17 08:31 AM
    Oh ok thanks for your help

Posted via CB10
    10-12-17 08:33 AM
    Thanks @cobalt.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-17 10:44 AM
    I'll see what I can do. Most likely Google Play Services also needs to be updated and that is difficult to accomplish. A first analysis doesn't look promising.
    "So your telling me there's a chance?"
    (Dumb and Dumber Voice)

10-12-17 11:09 AM
    I'll need some time to analyze the new authentication method in Google Play Services. Google tightened security, which is good. But not for OS10 users :-/
    10-12-17 11:15 AM
    I'll need some time to analyze the new authentication method in Google Play Services. Google tightened security, which is good. But not for OS10 users :-/
    Fingers truly CROSSED,

Well you can only do what you can do but damn it be nice for so many to get one more SOLID release of those .apks. I really think you should charge for your work this time but doubt you will. I hope folks donated fairly in the past and will do so again in the future. You shouldn't be saving all of our a$$'s so often in such a Huge way for peanuts imo man. I know if It can be done, it's going to be you. Hopefully if it can, we can get the newest possible releases and call it game over afterwards as at this moment, my Passport is literally running better then ever. I have everything down to a science but realize that can all be shattered if one of those important services go "kah_plunk"...

Plus I know this time around your not even on BB10 at least if at all as your Daily driver. Charge or do what Chain Fire does, he's always giving it all away but adds a sector to pay or select "FreeLoad" which does give full access as if you fully paid but at least to me and probably many others (especially US hard core BB10 users as those still here and wanting to stay for a few more years) that was never an option for me with Chain Fire as it felt wrong!

Hopefully, it can be done with the most current versions that It can be done with. Especially play services and anything you need to match-up. We will be on android P and Q then.. I figure by R - depending how they play it will be time for whatever QWERTY blackberry is out then. Especially if we're reliant on some droid apsp and those in particular that rely on GPS. It's reality it will leave ME (probably other as well) yearning for BB even more-s versus us learning to live without as I certainly will for at least the next release or two or BB mobile phones until ready for a new Android phone which will hopefully be a KeyTwo+ or something of sorts.

...again, your only capable of doing what YOU can. I look forward to see and know even if it's the fact that it can't be done. I see folks having an issue with games now but I am not at all. All is well! However, doesn't mean it's not going to effect me. I can live without games but the others are a real asset to the beast A.K.A. The Passport.

I'm sure like many other silent cheerleaders will be awaiting a verdict. I was hoping it would be as long as possible as I'm fairly certain if we get the last updated, that would be it. I wouldn't blame you. Was hoping for one more updates to the Cobalt BB10 app that breath Life into our experience every single day. Maybe one of these newer version will have a hole and work. "Fingers crossed".. Hopefully it's the latest as possible as I'm sure it will go down as the last of the batch. Threes a Charm!..

With all that said, if not possible for whatever reason you would know (I did read on a Russian site somebody was going to try to reverse engineer newer stuff as well) but that would probably be a knock off of yours anyway and you have a trusted name. Again, with all this said: even if you can't complete it once more to carry us on a bit longer with that and we must figure other ways for now, I'd like to personally Thank You again for what you had done already, twice. It will always be appreciated - Forever even if this time around its beyond reach for US. So thanks and I thank ink I speak for many, many others whom are silent or not even here. At least use it to advertise yourself in a way to Benefit you or even promote (prepare others) for a translation to Blackberry Android in a year or two there after. That is when the die hard's usually finally buy the older BlackBerry anyway as in long after release so it will keep us spot on...but charging something (not ad's but something, even if not cash, although that be fine by me) as I only know a few whom do what you do like ChainFire and a few other hardcore Internet folks, some whom sadly past away.

Regardless, good luck when you feel it's time. I wish I could help if maybe even checking different releases for certain attributes to see what's the newest that has a shot ar working out. The future will only tell but either way you are a part of history in BB10 and did more for it IMO then BB10! Did itself in allot of ways.

Thank you @Cobalt232 you are the "Grandfather" of BB10 whether you want to be or not. #BB10God as your name will always be synonymous with BlackBerry itself regardless how the "possible" last of the last works out or doesn't.

Good Luck. I will be anxiously awaiting bt at the same time hoping it's as long as possible to get the newest possible for a last horah! They always say #ThirdTimesACharm

I guess we will see how hard core they got in that department in the next year or so. GL & Thanks for everything you've done and possibly will do or even for trying as if you can't, nobody else should even Try IMO!

I'm going to keep the faith but also prepare for more browser use as well as ways around things to set me up until at least 7 years. Passport released in 2014 to get nearing full fledged use out of this one of a kind device up until 2021 would be amazing and only add to Blackberrys superb legacy which will go down in the history books and rightfully so.. I mean that's nearing a decade if we get there. If be happy to make it to late 2019 - then make the swap to a fully mimicked BB10 android experience. Who knows, maybe if not possible allot of us will get so used to work arounds - in browser or the other many ways, if not just doing without. My near impossible goal would be to swap to BlackDroid Flagship device released on android R with the promise to S and stay on that for as long as android allows in them times.

The good thing about a new Blackdroid is you are very secure, bad thing is ' t can never be rooted thus can never add a custom recovery and roms to keep it going like in a sense with your genius mind we can do with BB10. Wjhen I hop on my android I literally get an itch to get back to BB10. I am thinking by R or S if they are going that route full fledge it will be as much like BB10 with even more advanced features as ever will be possible. I'd pay $2000 for an experience like that, by that time.

Only thing that could change my mind is maybe a 1:1 ratio which supposedly not allowed or even a wider 4:3 ratio BlackDroid phone. Until that time and I think I speak for many on the forums just here: #LongLifeBB10 and thank God we had and or have you my man. God Bless..

Anybody else have anything to say to Cobalt, now is a great time regardless what can or can't be done in the future as he's already pulled off miracles for US twice(?) and if it's possible to do a last horah 3 years after release of phone not to mention on JB dalvik, well ill be damned but even if not, give a thanks, give a donation. Maybe even a second one although he seems not to care about that, he deserves both!

Play services, one of the most popular versions of each possible would probably be best? As if Google stalled on a particular version for a long time (like kit kat being around for so long and many still prefer it!) of PS and games, etc, etc. It must of been a tride and true version. Hopefully it will matchup! Me, I'm sure it's impossible but would be insane to see a Oreo (an "O" is forever as in around and around, good way t go out?) version's running on the passport or BB10 as a whole but surely the SDK's wouldn't match up from what Little I know versus what you do is night and day. We will leave that to you bro..

I'll let everyone else have the floor now, can't say it enough. Regardless, you will always be remembered and praised!..

Anybody back me here?....

Kind Regards, DPR

polytan02 likes this.
    10-13-17 03:25 AM
    Ahh, just wrote you an awesome thanks for everything you did thus far even if you can't pull it off one last time (third times a charm) for technical reasons. It totally took an hour and didn't go through when clicked post for whatever reason. I will re write tomorrow. Regardless if you can't - your name will always be synonymous with BlackBerry 10. I wish I didn't lose that long post. Grrr.

Everybody else can have the floor now if you'd like to thank Cobalt for what he's done for us along the way by carrying us on his back. This time literally as he's not on BB10 at least as far as I remember reading as a Daily driver!

Was hoping It would go as long as possible to get an Oreo or above version running on the passport but I'm sure that the SDK's wouldn't align anyway as far as I know but that I will leave up to you as you know more then all of us..

Maybe a version will work that was widely used and google used for a long time that is Solid as Kit Kat was as an OS hence it lasted so long and some folks still prefer it over newer stuff. Newer is usually probably always the best but why am I telling you stuff you already know...

..was reading on a BB site earlier how somebody was trying to do something as well but his name is not familiar and we all trust Cobalt so if it can be done, it can, if it can't then it can't. Don't think I'd trust anybody else's .apks.

I wish I knew just 10 percent as much as you to help out and lighten the load but you seem to be the ONLY one thus far that can make this stuff happen.

Now, I will let everybody else have the floor..

Regardless how it works out or doesn't when we need it as surely it's on the horizon - Thank YOU either way the grand daddy of blackberry, DPR

BTW: I will start finding a way to do without the few apps id have to and get used to the browser experience for others - "just in case" as I as others I've spoke to would prefer to get on Blackdroid full QWERTY around android R with a promise to S if it keeps going as it has been with the updates. By that time, BlackDroid may be indistinguishable from BB10 except for the many, many extras essentially swapping the BlackBerry 10 die hards to BlackDroid for SURE versus a roll of the dice. You know us hold outs. We're tough! I think it be a positive thing for BlackBerry as a whole in the middle of their TRUE comeback if it happens! All those die hards flooding in around that time for a second wind versus being bitter. I mean, if we get it again and it last around the same time we would be essentially almost nearing a decade for BB10 in spite of.. how could we not RESPECT that even if allot of it had to do with a one man army as in You Cobalt232! #LongLifeBB10

#ThankYouCobalt232 either way and when you check it out, fingers crossed and fingers crossed - Literally! Hahahah..

PS: I know you will disagree but think you should charge this time or at least do as ChainFire does the Android God as in enact a FreeLoad button as most people don't want to click that even though it gives on everything for free with nothing different, it's still just doesn't feel right. ..or at least advertise (not literal ad's) something for yourself or android blackberry to prepare for the future. Who knows, just tossing ideas out there as I know money doesn't ever seem to be your motive and I know it's not your Daily driver now so even more RESPECT as that's fully selfless.

Last edited by DreadPirateRegan; 10-13-17 at 03:52 AM.
    BioDave1955 likes this.
    10-13-17 03:35 AM
    EndRacism:

Download mega app to your Passport and then set it up as a browser extension. I did that on Chrome. After you do that any of Cobalt's files can be uploaded to your Mega account and that will automatically sync with the one on your Passport. From there just click and put them in your Passport downloads file and install from there.
    10-14-17 12:45 AM
    UPDATES AVAILABLE!

Google Play Services 11.3.02 (com.google.android.gms)
    Google Play Games 5.2.25 (com.google.android.play.games)

You can download the new versions from the Mega fileshare. The link is in the first post of this thread.

What you should know about this release:
    1. Clash of Clans seems to work and I was able to connect to Google Play
    2. Boom Beach doesn't work. The issue is in Boom Beach itself, and not caused by the Google integration. Nothing I can do here.
    3. The two files work together with Google Login 4.3.3. There is no longer the need to update to 4.4.4 (even though it also works together with 4.4.4)

I've been working all night to make this happen. Google did completely change the internal authentication model and it really was demanding to figure out how everything works. The Google engineers did well to increase security. But again I was able to trick them out.

If you like my work, this is the moment to show me your appreciation, maybe with a small donation. Not for the sake of money, but as a thank you!

Enjoy! (and report any issues here)
    Pavelsan, hkgnyc and dpgo like this.
    10-15-17 10:39 AM
    Great job @cobalt. We live to fight another day!

Please donate folks - just think where you'd be without these tools.
    10-15-17 10:45 AM
    Just to confirm @cobalt, login 4.3.3 will now allow purchases?
    10-15-17 11:01 AM
9,813 ... 360361362363364 ...