Tried patching, with the patcher at desktop - no difference. Tried it in other different places off root - no difference. Anyway, the patcher in fact reports "google play services dependencies" but yet suggest that no patching is needed.

Posted via CB10
    I'm awaiting an answer but I think it says every app has dependences even if it does not rely on GPServices so don't rely on it that way. We must know ourselves. Imo was tough as it can use dependences but Is also built to work without as well I suppose which is why it's larger then the average PTT .apk. I even put the old snopes Web app .apk into play patcher 1.6 and it wanted to patch it for play services. Hehe. I also tried to remove ad's from imo, snopes and president trump news app (I follow just him on twitter, hah) and it still has ad's. They all do. Maybe it just does google ads and these are not google ads? It said it removed something or thinks it did.

I wish the playstore stated if it used google play services or not. Be much easier since the patcher doesn't know but at least it does know one thing and that is how to patch when the patch is needed! What more can we ask for...

 Passport SE  -Working wiDe in 2017+...
    09-27-17 03:39 PM
    he tends to make it more useful.

Posted via CBX
    LOL, Right!..... AMEN.

09-27-17 03:42 PM
    In the Google sign in .apk what is browser sign in option at the top right drop down? What's that for the android browser you provide or something other/others? Thanks
    Not entirely sure what you want me to do. I take a chance:

Looking för permissions via "Blackberry google ID" tell me that my app
    Is entitled to use my camera, call numbers, identify exact and approximate position, cd2m permission. RECIEVE, run att startup, keep phone awaken, access to extra commands regarding position.

Was that what you wanted? I can also see in Blackberry security settings that about these permissions are setup there.

/mikael

Posted via CB10
    09-27-17 10:41 PM
    I'm awaiting an answer but I think it says every app has dependences even if it does not rely on GPServices so don't rely on it that way. We must know ourselves. Imo was tough as it can use dependences but Is also built to work without as well I suppose which is why it's larger then the average PTT .apk. I even put the old snopes Web app .apk into play patcher 1.6 and it wanted to patch it for play services. Hehe. I also tried to remove ad's from imo, snopes and president trump news app (I follow just him on twitter, hah) and it still has ad's. They all do. Maybe it just does google ads and these are not google ads? It said it removed something or thinks it did.

I wish the playstore stated if it used google play services or not. Be much easier since the patcher doesn't know but at least it does know one thing and that is how to patch when the patch is needed! What more can we ask for...

The patcher is looking for Play Services specific code segments in the app. If it finds dependencies, it suggests to patch. It doesn't suggest patching if it isn't needed.
    09-28-17 02:56 AM
    I have patched and whitelisted the PayPal app from the Playstore. It installed ok, but when I opened the app, it wants me to open the Google Settings app and check the 'Scan device for security threats' check box under the 'Verify Apps' setting. This setting can't be checked or accessed. The PayPal app won't let me log in without it being checked. Any thoughts? I am currently on Z10
    09-28-17 08:38 AM
    That seems to be an additional security feature which is not supported on OS10 devices. Nothing we can do.
    09-28-17 11:17 AM
    Posted via CB10
    09-28-17 12:28 PM
    Not entirely sure what you want me to do. I take a chance:

Looking för permissions via "Blackberry google ID" tell me that my app
    Is entitled to use my camera, call numbers, identify exact and approximate position, cd2m permission. RECIEVE, run att startup, keep phone awaken, access to extra commands regarding position.

Was that what you wanted? I can also see in Blackberry security settings that about these permissions are setup there.

/mikael

Posted via CB10
    Huh?

09-28-17 02:11 PM
    The patcher is looking for Play Services specific code segments in the app. If it finds dependencies, it suggests to patch. It doesn't suggest patching if it isn't needed.
    Thanks C. Still trying to find the link between google is not responding and using YuBrowser as it works straight from playstore without the fixes but with the fixes it works but gets the error once in awhile saying google has stopped. Google what? Not play services it says Google has stopped when open YuBrowser which is a great browser for BB10 so still looking for a solution.

I have not found a apk that the patcher doesn't want to patch. Even ones without play services like stuff with two downloads as in the KYW Radio app, wants to patch.

Not a big deal though.. was just saying. Big deal is that it does work and patch when needed...

09-28-17 02:11 PM
    Huh?
    Ok, that indicates that your comments/questions were totally unrelated to my posting....my missunderstanding, sorry!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-17 03:12 PM
    Ok, that indicates that your comments/questions were totally unrelated to my posting....my missunderstanding, sorry!

Posted via CB10
    Very perceptive and no worries. I was confused as much as you I suppose as I didn't remember asking you to do anything. No worries. Good day, DpR

09-28-17 03:54 PM
    That seems to be an additional security feature which is not supported on OS10 devices. Nothing we can do.
    Thanks Cobalt.
    09-28-17 04:04 PM
    Hello i have a problem with google id, registering my z10. It says [ACCOUNT MANAGER REFUSED TOKEN REQUEST]
    09-29-17 11:56 AM
    Hello i have a problem with google id, registering my z10. It says [ACCOUNT MANAGER REFUSED TOKEN REQUEST]
    For anyone having this problem, turn on radio signal.
    09-29-17 12:24 PM
    For anyone having this problem, turn on radio signal.
    Had to turn off the WiFi in my settings.
    In Android settings has anyone managed to use Wi-Fi? Trying to add any of mine show “Failed to connect to network”.
    10-01-17 03:46 AM
    Play Store crashes every time when I click install on a app. Anyone having this issue lately?

Posted via CB10
    10-01-17 10:44 PM
    Play Store crashes every time when I click install on a app. Anyone having this issue lately?

Posted via CB10
    Delete Play Store build1 and install build2.
    10-01-17 10:48 PM
    Thank you. It works with build 2.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-17 01:15 AM
    From where to download Build 2??

Posted via CB10
    10-02-17 01:33 AM
    From where to download Build 2??

Posted via CB10
    Go to the first page of this thread and you will find the link for all the files. Build 2 is in the same place with build 1.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-17 05:00 AM
    Hello,
    It seems like Google Services doesn't work for me. Thanks to your help, this is the whole thing I've done so far:
    1) Instal Google Play Services : com.google.android.gms-10.0.84-cobalt-build1
    2) Instal Google Account Manager (4.3.3) : com.google.android.gsf.login-4.3.3-cobalt
    3) Log in Google Account Manager
    4) Instal Google Account Manager (4.3.4) : com.google.android.gsf.login-4.4.4
    5) Instal Blackberry Google ID : cobalt.blackberry.googleid-2.8
    6) Register in Blackberry Google ID
    7) Instal Google Play Store : com.android.vending-6.0.0-cobalt-build1
    8) Browse Google Play Store and instal app
    9) Instal Google Play Store build 2
    Since a few days, Connect to Dropbox (Blackberry app) is not working anymore. I installed Dropbox from the Google Store and it won't let me log in to Dropbox once installed: "Fail to connect to Google Play Services. Please connect with your email and password"
    Skype and Google Maps also tells me things like that but still allow me to use them.
    Is there something I should do?
    Thanks a lot in advance :-)
    10-02-17 02:53 PM
    Did you patch the apps?
    10-02-17 03:12 PM
    Up Date: Here's what I ended up doing, I did a factory wipe of my BBPPSE, for the heck of it, (I like to do every 4 months or so for heck of it.) * I couldn't get Cobalt Mega apks to download directly to my BBPPSE, So I downloaded all down onto my PC, then I copied them to my BBPPSE's Device > Download folder. (These are the minimum apk's required to access the Google Play Store, and I transferred them to my BB before starting the Install procedure.)

Cobalt's Official File Share on Mega; https://mega.nz/#F!lIUWjSSQ!yoLoiNX3PNG3Sef1Fa_fMA

I'm placing these in order of Cobalt Install Procedure.

Install 1; (com.google.android.gms-10.0.84-cobalt-build1.apk) This apk is for 'Google Play Services', After install of this apk, Open, to see if it opens to 'Google Setting' page, then close and Wait for 5 minutes to let app settle, then proceed with three remaining apks. (Note: G.P.S. icon will be labeled as Google Settings after installing onto your BB.)

Install 2 - Part 1; (com.google.android.gsf.login-4.3.3-cobalt.apk) This apk is for 'Google Account Manager' - Part 1, it is a two part install, carefully follow install procedures. * After installing, Open and Log In with your Google Account Name and Password.

Install 2 - Part 2; (com.google.android.gsf.login-4.4.4.apk), This is the second part of installing 'Google Account Manager' - Part 2. After Installing, Do Not Log In! Stop and close it then go to next install step.

Install 3; (cobalt.blackberry.googleid-2.8.apk), This apk is for; 'Google Services Frame' which is also, 'Blackberry Google ID'. Install, Open and click 'Register', Close.

Install 4; (com.android.vending-6.0.0-cobalt-build2.apk), This apk is for; 'Google Play Store', Install and open, the GPS should open and you should be able to start using it.

Note; This was on my BBPPSE; Software Release+10.3.3.1435 and Operating System Version = 10.3.3.2163.

(please let me know if I missed something so I can correct.)

Update to Update: After installing the new Cobalt APK's and a few regular apps for me, I had terrible runaway battery drain and phone was hot to touch, this went on all day yesterday, Android System was at top of list for what was running. So last night which was one day after wipe and cobalt install, I did another factory wipe without adding cobalt, this morning the phone is cool and battery is normal amazing for a BBPassport. I'll leave it alone all day today and tonight I'll add the newest Cobalt APKs again.

UD#3; It's Friday, been running pure BB without newest Cobalt for two days, have many apps loaded in from BBWorld and Amazon, and running normally, great battery life. Sunday I'll install new Cobalt and see what it does on my BB PP. I've run first generation on my BB's for a long time and it always ran great, so I'm hoping the run away battery was a fluke. PS: I also have a BBPPOrig with Cobalt first gen and the apps run great on it, but like everyone else Cobalt first gen no longer GoogPlayStore downloads, I'm not adding the newest until I get it going on my BBPPSE.

OP: I've had Cobalt working on my PPSE for many months, but recently the GPlay Store keeps Stopping when I attempt a download or update. So I reviewed and noticed login 4.3.3 was to be updated with login 4.4.4 so I installed it over 4.3.3, still getting the GPlayStore closing down. What I'm think is to delete all and reinstall but before doing so thought I'd come by and ask for best approach. FYI: The Cobalt APK's are all over a year since I download. (SR+10.3.3.1435 and OSV = 10.3.3.2163) PS: I think I see GoogPlayStore on Cobalt Mega, Vending6.0.0 build 1 and 2? and not sure what to do with 1 and 2.
    Last edited by EndRacism; 10-06-17 at 07:01 PM.
    10-02-17 08:47 PM
    I've had Cobalt working on my PPSE for many months, but recently the GPlay Store keeps Stopping when I attempt a download or update. So I reviewed and noticed login 4.3.3 was to be updated with login 4.4.4 so I installed it over 4.3.3, still getting the GPlayStore closing down. What I'm think is to delete all and reinstall but before doing so thought I'd come by and ask for best approach. FYI: The Cobalt APK's are all over a year since I download. (SR+10.3.3.1435 and OSV = 10.3.3.2163) PS: I think I see GoogPlayStore on Cobalt Mega, Vending6.0.0 build 1 and 2? and not sure what to do with 1 and 2.
    Well, if you've read this thread for the last few pages, you would have seen that build 2 is an update to the Play Store. Build 1 is the original version that now seems to no longer work as of about a month ago.

Delete the version on your phone and install Build 2.

I did it on my Z10, and it works fine.
    Pavelsan and EndRacism like this.
    10-02-17 10:23 PM
    Joeldf: thanks!!!!!!!
    10-03-17 08:21 AM
9,813 ... 359360361362363 ...