Cobalt's updated 'play store' works

Sent from my Passport Red Edition
    There is some new version? I have same problem, I have to use another google account, the one I use 2 previous years make problems on both bb's I have : store crashing after update or install anything.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-17 05:31 AM
    do you have to uninstall the playstore first and then download the new apk? i'm installing the new playstore apk thourgh google extensions, but it says failure 500
    08-30-17 05:59 AM
    ?? An apk is never sideloaded. Copy the apk to your device and tap it to install.
    08-30-17 06:09 AM
    The Play Store build 2 in the mega file share works.
    Thanks so much, I can keep my BB10 devices for a little while longer, donating now
    DreadPirateRegan and cdnrower like this.
    08-30-17 06:52 AM
    I'm having a problem with non-Google apps for some reason. They take an incredibly long time to load or don't load at all, mainly Waze. All the Google apps I have work fine, maps, gmail, and calendar. They log in and see my account. I downloaded Waze, whitelisted it, and then patched it and it said it didn't need patching, so I installed it. It worked fine for a little bit but no hardly ever loads. I get the "Waze isn't responding" message. Also, I still get the "Google play services is required" for the Speedway and Fuel Rewards apps, even thou they were downloaded with the play store, uninstalled, whitelisted, patched and reinstalled.

Do I need to update the runtime possibly ? I updated to 10.3 .3.1463 recently, but that was after I installed all of Cobalts Google services and the Google apps still work. Is there updated Cobalt services by chances ?
    08-30-17 07:21 AM
    The issue is, that you MUST have Google Play Services (com.google.android.gms) installed on the device if you are using Google Login 4.4.4.

If it is not installed, you need to downgrade Google Login to 4.3.3.
    Hi Cobalt. I installed the Google play services and the messages went away, Thank you. However now, anytime I try to download from the the playstore it crashes. It wasn't so before. What can I do?

Posted Via My Passport (Unlocked AT&T Version)
    08-30-17 07:29 AM
    Hi Cobalt. I installed the Google play services and the messages went away, Thank you. However now, anytime I try to download from the the playstore it crashes. It wasn't so before. What can I do?

Cobalt issued a new Play Store build to address that.
    Mauri5io likes this.
    08-30-17 07:31 AM
    Oh okay. Can I have the link please?
    Thank you

08-30-17 07:34 AM
    Oh okay. Can I have the link please?
    Thank you

It's in his Mega file share.
    08-30-17 07:35 AM
    I saw the mobile network. Apk in Cobalts mega file, I think it's a great idea.
    I was wondering if we could get an app that gives us the 'restricted background data' option for individual apps. In the android settings (offered in the Bid & Mobile network) data settings can't be accessed.

Cobalt has already done so much so if we don’t get this no problem, I just thought it'd be a great addition if it's possible.

08-30-17 10:45 AM
    UhhmMm, Google maps run in the background and and it was depleting my battery even when i closed the google maps app. On BB10 device manager, cpu usage, the android player was around 10-15% busy all the time. The only way to stop it was to open the "Google BlackBerry ID" app and under the android settings, Apps, and then tapping "stop" google maps app, and or stopping any other installed andoid app. Now under cpu usage the android player is at iddle and no more battery drainage problem.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-17 11:01 AM
    It's in his Mega file share.
    I can not find new store (build2?) in MEGA.
    08-30-17 11:36 AM
    I can not find new store (build2?) in MEGA.
    Check the dates ; it's 29th August.
    Betterstill it's right under the first playstore (android vending...)

Posted Via My Passport
    08-30-17 11:40 AM
    Check the dates ; it's 29th August.
    Betterstill it's right under the first playstore (android vending...)

Posted Via My Passport
    Thanks for rapid reply. Ah, "vending..."file is store ?
    I can find it.
    I will try.
    08-30-17 11:46 AM
    i had to delete google maps. it was a clumsy app anyway.

recently my phone stopped running any/all apps again (second time)..had to run an autoloader. this time i'm keeping cobalts solution off my phone. i have all the apk's i need anyhow.

Posted via CBX
    08-30-17 08:29 PM

recently my phone stopped running any/all apps again (second time)..had to run an autoloader. this time i'm keeping cobalts solution off my phone. i have all the apk's i need anyhow.

Posted via CBX
    Feel free of course, but one has absolutely nothing to do with the other.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    08-30-17 08:45 PM

Posted via CBX
    You can use Bmaps pro on BBW or also Genious Map. Not always android app works well on Blackberry 10.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-17 10:50 PM
    Wow, I had no idea, think I am on build1. Will check it out or should I leave it if not having an issue?.. is Build 1, this so called build 2 or is build 2 exactly how it sounds as in build 2 and I just don't see it as I will post a pic..

Posted via CB10
    08-31-17 03:32 AM
    Any input appreciated?

08-31-17 03:36 AM

Posted via CBX
    Must of been your version as the one I am on does not do this. I can share if you like... it does not run when closed. I checked with BB10's built in device manager as well as other cascades apps for the job! It's superb. However, I don't keep my location on unless I need it. Dunno if that makes any difference at all..

Now to find this mysterious PlayStore Build "2"

Tricky stuff!

Cobalt, your the man.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-17 03:39 AM
    Found it, just dunno why it doesn't wanna open via mega app or browser to download the. Apk. I'll figure it out even if I have to do as I always remember doing since he went MEGA as in use my windows then upload to drive to get onto passport. No biggie. Odd though that so mucch trouble in downloading right to ppse.. good Ole mega.

Hey Cobalt, is this build 2 a different play store version as well or just a different patch to fix some users issues? Either way, thank you. Always nice to see an update. This slipped by me as can easily, do! Even though I am subscribed to this thread. With the way it works as u seen from my pix, it be easy to miss. Glad I seen this. Love cobalt BB10 Updates!

08-31-17 04:01 AM
    Hi, I downloaded Cobalt's AndroidBrowser.apk 1.0 file, opened it and it worked good on my Z10. Then in settings I tried Incognito mode and it is stuck on a description page explaining what Incognito mode is but have no way of going back to browsing. It's just stuck on that page and uninstalling and reinstalling the .apk doesn't help, it just goes right back to the description page of what Incognito mode is and that's it. I also removed the Android Browser folder in Ghost Commander, deleted the App, restarted phone and it still didn't help! Finally, when I tap the back arrow on the bottom left, the window just minimizes and does nothing. Can anyone think of a way to get rid of this so I can start over using normal browsing mode again? Thanks

Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20170831_112754.png
    08-31-17 10:36 AM
    Still crashes with "Unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped" when I try to download an app in Google Play.
    And now it crashes on opening of the Google play store app

I am using the new Build2

Edit: Resolved! Make sure you delete build1 before installing build2

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Andrew4life; 08-31-17 at 03:50 PM.
    08-31-17 12:42 PM
    Still crashes with "Unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped" when I try to download an app in Google Play.
    And now it crashes on opening of the Google play store app

I am using the new Build2

Posted via CB10
    Did you properly delete build1 before you installed build2?
    08-31-17 12:51 PM
    Did you properly delete build1 before you installed build2?
    Awesome! Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-17 12:56 PM
9,813 ... 355356357358359 ...