Mine is now crashing too !

It has been working fine for months....

Has Google changed anything ? Do we need a new patched version ?
    I don't want to get rid of my passport

Posted via CB10
    08-26-17 02:43 PM
    Not crashing on my Z10. Just updated two apps after reading this to see.
    08-26-17 04:50 PM
    That's really strange !

Posted via CB10
    08-26-17 05:27 PM
    Perhaps a regional issue?

Roll call for folks that are having a problem, and where you're from....
    08-26-17 05:48 PM
    UK

Posted via CB10
    08-26-17 05:57 PM
    CZ, however - the problem is with one account I used on 3 phones, till yesterday without problem, 2 bb's and 1 droid, droid is working fine even now, bb's are crashing. When I use second google account, I created maybe 2 years ago for jabber, the google store is OK. The second account was never used on android device.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-17 06:25 PM
    Can someone post a logcat log?
    08-26-17 06:38 PM
    I'm from indonesia. I've just bought my BlackBerry Passport because I like the build quality though. And i'm having the same issue where the when I tried to install any app from google playstore, it says that the app is crashing. I've been installing over and over again following the steps in https://forums.crackberry.com/androi...ctions-985344/, and I'm really hoping that I can install Line / Whatssapp, just that 2 apps I needed the most. I've tried using snap and it doesn't loggin,said that I have to check my email and password. But there's nothing wrong with my email / password.
    08-26-17 09:11 PM
    Bro.. it works.
    08-26-17 09:45 PM
    Perhaps a regional issue?

Roll call for folks that are having a problem, and where you're from....
    Canada.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-17 10:44 PM
    How can I do that? Could you write the procedure?

Posted via CB10
    08-26-17 11:17 PM
    I'm from indonesia. I've just bought my BlackBerry Passport because I like the build quality though. And i'm having the same issue where the when I tried to install any app from google playstore, it says that the app is crashing. I've been installing over and over again following the steps in https://forums.crackberry.com/androi...ctions-985344/, and I'm really hoping that I can install Line / Whatssapp, just that 2 apps I needed the most. I've tried using snap and it doesn't loggin,said that I have to check my email and password. But there's nothing wrong with my email / password.
    Native WhatsApp from BlackBerry World still works fine.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-17 03:40 AM
    I'm keen to help but how to you get these ?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-17 03:59 AM
    How can I do that? Could you write the procedure?

Posted via CB10
    Read the information at this link:
    https://www.howtogeek.com/125769/how...ridge-utility/
    08-27-17 09:05 AM
    I managed to enable developer mode under android runtime, usb debuging, in PC I have android studio with adb - but on connecting phone to PC nothing happend, adb devices shows nothing. What am I missing in the setup?
    08-27-17 10:49 AM
    it wont open...

Attachment 420494
    Check for an open internet connection, companies usually have proxies, and policies which produce failures or just don't allow u to enter in certain pages.

Posted via CB10
    BrMit likes this.
    08-27-17 02:44 PM
    Hi
    What happens if you accidentally open the Google account/settings after you've updated with the 4.4 (and aren't supposed to open it)?
    And what should you do if that happened to you?

Posted Via My Passport (AT&T)
    08-27-17 06:24 PM
    Hi
    What happens if you accidentally open the Google account/settings after you've updated with the 4.4 (and aren't supposed to open it)?
    And what should you do if that happened to you?

Posted Via My Passport (AT&T)
    It's fine. Just don't try to log in again when you open it.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    08-27-17 06:34 PM
    It's fine. Just don't try to log in again when you open it.
    Thanks Conite. One more question. Somehow my whatsapp stopped syncing with my contacts. I'm using android GBWhatsapp (because of preferred extra features). It was working fine all along with all my contacts showing in favourites et all. For about a week now, it doesn't show y contact names but their numbers only. When I try to resave it opens up the android 'People' contact list and saves there. I loaded an android launcher(Go Launcher) to be able to view the number of contacts it had there and they were only a little over 50 whereas I have 1000+ contacts on my BlackBerry and at first it synced with all. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

NB: Before this happened, it was trying to monitor what was causing high data usage from PIM services so I turned off sync in all my email accounts and set them to manual. Could this have had anything to do with it? Currently I have them set to 24hours

Posted Via My Passport (Unlocked AT&T Version)
    08-27-17 06:58 PM
    Thanks Conite. One more question. Somehow my whatsapp stopped syncing with my contacts.
    Wish I could help, but I don't use WhatsApp and am not familiar with how it syncs contacts.
    08-27-17 07:40 PM
    Hi
    For some reason my playstore isn't working. It opens up and stays in an endless loading state (the continuous swirl).
    In the hub, I keep getting the notification that application requires Google Play Services (and that application happens to the the Google account login)
    I haven't logged in again after I updated the 4.4 over it since I already did so on the 4.3

Do I need to do a fresh reinstallation of all the Cobalt apps with procedure or there's something else I should know?

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted Via My Passport (Unlocked AT&T Version)
    08-28-17 08:18 PM
    The issue is, that you MUST have Google Play Services (com.google.android.gms) installed on the device if you are using Google Login 4.4.4.

If it is not installed, you need to downgrade Google Login to 4.3.3.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    08-29-17 02:51 AM
    I'm having the same issue on Z10, I believe I have everything installed correctly.
    I can look at all google settings, can check in with my google ID, the play store opens, the only thing that doesn't work is downloading and installing apps! It fails everytime an app starts downloading after click ACCEPT on the app permissions.
    Only started about a week or 2 ago.
    cdnrower likes this.
    08-29-17 08:50 AM
    This was all working, but today, any time I tried to install an app for the Google Play Store, it gives me the Google Play Services required message, then crashes.

Is there a way I could fix it without have to wipe and install the Google stack again?

I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling Google Play Store.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-17 01:38 PM
    Cobalt's updated 'play store' works

Sent from my Passport Red Edition
    08-29-17 10:59 PM
9,813 ... 354355356357358 ...