I love you guys. I love my z10, and I love Pok�mon. So very much. The fact that you all can help everyone else out in getting our ridiculous games and social networks working is a godsend. Thank you.
    novrym10d3 likes this.
    07-10-16 10:56 PM
    The game "pokemon go" runs fine on passport. I followed Alaviss & cobalt's instructions and it worked. Just had to run it 3-4 times till I caught my first poke. It also may freeze for seconds but usually resume running.

Thank you Cobalt, Alaviss and all developers. You really changed our BB world.
    I'm at a loss on this one. I've followed the steps, using the apk file in that link. I can get the app to run, but it won't let me log in. If I use the google login the app crashes. If I try to log in with my trainer club account it tells me "can't verify login". :-/
    07-10-16 11:13 PM
    Hm, well.... I get the same error when installing Mega as well. Maybe it isn't a whitelist problem.
    Going through the playstore, I can update some apps but not others. So confusing

it's like the phone thinks I have it installed already but I don't. And I don't know where to go to "delete" any left over data if that is so. On android, it used to be in the odex files? but I can't do that on bb10 without "root"
    I was facing the same issue. Android Runtime update fixed the problem for me. And for Mega, you can use the one in BBWorld. I am using the same.
    07-10-16 11:54 PM
    I'm "getting" an idea? Using Sachesi, I can get a text file of my installed apps, and when I search for "mega" I get an entry. But I can't find it on the actual "your applications" tab so I can't figure out how to delete/uninstall it.

I already tried the runtime update. I'll look for mega in bb world, didn't know it was there

I downloaded it again with Mega, still unable to install. I'm giving up for time being. I don't want to wipe/reset phone at this time just for the pokemon game
    Last edited by eyeb; 07-11-16 at 12:17 AM.
    07-11-16 12:01 AM
    Just to be sure: what's your OS version?

From BlackBerry Passport
    07-11-16 02:35 AM
    2888, that new one
    07-11-16 02:41 AM
    Please note. you must add the email account to BlackBerry Hub AND Android account (I have two Gmail accounts and had error until I realized this)
    Nope, I don't have any Gmail account, but it's working anyway.

I confirm that it must be the first Android App to load just as Android Runtime finished loading.

I would like to enable logging to the APK to further investigate, but if I patch the APK tells me I cannot install it... it's 1 KB larger then the working version, I don't know what's the difference (both with 1.4 and 1.5 beta).

From BlackBerry Passport
    07-11-16 02:41 AM
    2888, that new one
    ok... the I'd wait for the next stable release, if you don't want to try a previous version.

From BlackBerry Passport
    07-11-16 02:48 AM
    ok... the I'd wait for the next stable release, if you don't want to try a previous version.

From BlackBerry Passport
    which previous one then? I can always grab the android files and load it up to try?
    07-11-16 03:43 AM
    On Passport the latest stable release is 10.3.2.2836 (unless I've missed something), you loaded the latest leak, right?

You can try the APK, if you wish... but didn't you already done that?
    07-11-16 04:00 AM
    which previous one then? I can always grab the android files and load it up to try?
    No need to revert. Just make sure your Runtime has been fixed:

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/39879918

Reboot after install.
    07-11-16 08:09 AM
    Same for me, but if I leave the game open, it stops updating after a while. So far rebooting my phone has been the only thing that makes it work.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, I'm seeing this problem also. I assumed it was the Pokestops causing the issue because it seemed like whenever I try to interact with this one pokestop outside my apartment, it says "Try again later." and then it stops updating and won't let me interact with any other pokestops (all of them report "try again later"). I figured out I had to restart it whenever it happened, which is quite frequent and very annoying because it usually means I also miss a bunch of steps in trying to hatch my eggs...

I hope someone can find a better workaround than having to restart your phone. Loading the app already takes a really long time and restarting the phone makes it take even longer...
    07-11-16 09:21 AM
    Can't go any further, can't sign up with G+.
    Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20160711_212854.png

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 09:44 AM
    Can't go any further, can't sign up with G+.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160711_212854.png 
Views:	422 
Size:	123.0 KB 
ID:	403799

Posted via CB10
    Did you follow the instructions for the whitelist and other things on the first post?
    07-11-16 09:59 AM
    No need to revert. Just make sure your Runtime has been fixed:

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/39879918

Reboot after install.
    So I tried installing this runtime and that actually made the app force close upon opening now. I think I went backwards. :'(

Edit - Scratch that. I un-installed the game, then re-installed. Now we're back to the point where the game will open. But if I try to log in using Google account it crashes the app, and if I log in using my trainer club account it gives me the "can't verify at this time" error. So still no go for me.
    07-11-16 11:19 AM
    does anybody have this working on z10? i was able to login and everything but the graphics are all bugged out and its impossible to play that being said i managed to capture charmander as my starter and i can walk around and feel the vibrations for pokemon nearby i just cant actually do anything because after the initial rendering it seems to just blend all the graphics together like when i caught charmander i only managed to do it because the green circle was basicly superimposed over the map and kind of under the figure of my guy walking around
    07-11-16 11:27 AM
    All the information is clearly laid out in the first post of this thread.
    Conite,

Quick question on the topic of Pokemon GO and the whitelist before I (or others) go and work through the hassles of updating to the 'modified' G+ whitelist application, do you have any plans of your own to work around this? Was thinking it could be handled through a whitelist text file that's user accessible, removing the API level restriction when scanning an APK within the app, or just hard-coding the signature for Pokemon GO. Obviously some of these are easier to implement than others, but the short of it is that I'd rather stay with versions that you've released VS going off the beaten path for one application.

TLDR; Any plans of implementing your own work around on this? It's a stretch to say I'd like to stay 'official', but that's basically what I'd like to do.
    07-11-16 12:40 PM
    Conite,

Quick question on the topic of Pokemon GO and the whitelist before I (or others) go and work through the hassles of updating to the 'modified' G+ whitelist application, do you have any plans of your own to work around this? Was thinking it could be handled through a whitelist text file that's user accessible, removing the API level restriction when scanning an APK within the app, or just hard-coding the signature for Pokemon GO. Obviously some of these are easier to implement than others, but the short of it is that I'd rather stay with versions that you've released VS going off the beaten path for one application.

TLDR; Any plans of implementing your own work around on this? It's a stretch to say I'd like to stay 'official', but that's basically what I'd like to do.
    Cobalt's the one to ask. Although I believe he has stated that he is bowing out of further BB10 development in favour of greener pastures. Perhaps he can be convinced to give it one more round.
    07-11-16 02:16 PM
    I really don't understand all the fuss about that pokemon go stuff. Even if the package is tricked to run on SDK18 (Android 4.3), there for sure will be system calls that are going into void because they are missing in the runtime. The app will most likely not work as intended.

But anyway, I officially added the pokemon go signature and in-app billing hash to the Google+ Whitelist. The signature hashes are taken from this apk file:
    Pok�mon GO 0.29.0 APK Download by Niantic, Inc. - APKMirror

Google+ Whitlist 1.0.0.5:

Changelog:
    * Added pokemon go signature hashes
    * Errorhandling to prevent crashing if you try to add packages with SDK > 18
    * New menu "Write defaults" to update the GServices database without losing all custom signatures

Install instructions:
    * Install new version of Google+ whitelist over existing version
    * In top right menu, choose "Write defaults"

Download
    https://www.mycloud.ch/s/#S00E625891...8FEEDD32AB67CF

This link is a direct link. You can also get it from the repository in the first post, where all other apps are found. Change ending to apk if your browser doesn't do that correctly.

Enjoy!
    07-11-16 02:25 PM
    It sill crashes when I do the Google sign in
    07-11-16 03:04 PM
    So what if you didnt have G + whitlist in the first place?
    07-11-16 03:12 PM
    Awesome Cobalt!! Loads up great! However still not connecting to GPS. Do I need google maps?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 03:19 PM
    I really don't understand all the fuss about that pokemon go stuff. Even if the package is tricked to run on SDK18 (Android 4.3), there for sure will be system calls that are going into void because they are missing in the runtime. The app will most likely not work as intended.

But anyway, I officially added the pokemon go signature and in-app billing hash to the Google+ Whitelist. The signature hashes are taken from this apk file:
    Pok�mon GO 0.29.0 APK Download by Niantic, Inc. - APKMirror

Google+ Whitlist 1.0.0.5:

Changelog:
    * Added pokemon go signature hashes
    * Errorhandling to prevent crashing if you try to add packages with SDK > 18
    * New menu "Write defaults" to update the GServices database without losing all custom signatures

Install instructions:
    * Install new version of Google+ whitelist over existing version
    * In top right menu, choose "Write defaults"

Download
    https://www.mycloud.ch/s/#S00E625891...8FEEDD32AB67CF

This link is a direct link. You can also get it from the repository in the first post, where all other apps are found. Change ending to apk if your browser doesn't do that correctly.

Enjoy!
    Nice one. Thanks Cobalt.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 03:21 PM
    First: It's Pok�mon GO!
    Second: except for occasional random crashes, performance that could be better and the only way to make it working is launching it as the first app, it works for most people, It seems that only Z10 and Q10 cannot run it properly with artifacts in the world*.
    Third: It's Pok�mon GO! :P It deserve all these attention.

Thanks for your help!

* If you have problem with augmented reality during pok�mon catching mode, you can turn off the switch on the top-right... it disables the camera.
    07-11-16 03:23 PM
    Awesome Cobalt!! Loads up great! However still not connecting to GPS. Do I need google maps?

Posted via CB10
    No, you don't. If you see streets, it works.
    Restart your phone and run it as the first app.
    07-11-16 03:23 PM
9,813 ... 263264265266267 ...