If you are responding on your device you should be able to attach from within your posted response. At the bottom of the screen should be a Paperclip icon. Tap it and it should open you Pictures folder. Select the desired image and then tap on Post at top of page. It will automatically attach.

If you're on a PC there is an "insert image" icon in the quick reply toolbar.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you I figured it out

I had to start another thread because this was totally freaking me out

This is where I am right now:

I cannot even do anything with Cobalts files because apparently I need to do some update to android run time.

I wasn't getting much information on this thread, so I opened another thread and started to take it one step at a time

After several hours I have managed to discover that I cannot really even download the android run time, for some reason no one has been able to identify

So someone came along and sent me those files in some drop box

So i have the files but I don't know what to do with it. This is like pulling teeth, even more nightmare of an experience. I wish someone really explained how exactly I must do with these files

Someone above mentioned sachi or something like that. It is not even opening. It looks like a white plain document and my laptop say what file to use to open, how am i to know that?! So I abandoned that sachi

Right now I have those files on something called mega (again recommended above) I looked around for a way of downloading these to the phone, I cannot find
    Attached Thumbnails Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-untitled1.png   Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-untitled.png  
    06-20-16 01:51 AM

I cannot even do anything with Cobalts files because apparently I need to do some update to android run time.

I wasn't getting much information on this thread, so I opened another thread and started to take it one step at a time

After several hours I have managed to discover that I cannot really even download the android run time, for some reason no one has been able to identify

So i have the files but I don't know what to do with it. This is like pulling teeth, even more nightmare of an experience. I wish someone really explained how exactly I must do with these files

Someone above mentioned sachi or something like that. It is not even opening. It looks like a white plain document and my laptop say what file to use to open, how am i to know that?! So I abandoned that sachi

Right now I have those files on something called mega (again recommended above) I looked around for a way of downloading these to the phone, I cannot find
    Grab your Passport. Open the browser, go here: Unable to uninstall Android applications after updating to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.2

Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap the link there.

Don't use your PC.
    dollface likes this.
    06-20-16 02:04 AM

Patience again....before we deal with your Google Services issue let's get the android runtime fix sorted.

You have been provided with all the details you need in several previous posts and You've been given several suggestions with good intent but I think it's led to some confusion on your end. Start as follows...

The link Fret provided above for the ART fix has also been provided previously....use it to get to the BBW fix. Make sure your phone isn't in Developmental mode or Desktop mode. Conite noted how you could disable that.
    Download the file do not open it and simply restart your phone. The link to the fix is in the following article.

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000037772

You had posted that you were unable to get the appropriate page in BBW and a screen shot of what you should see was provided...it should look like the image below...if you don't see that image then provide a screen shot of what you do see. We can go from there.

Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20160620_094757.png

Andre had suggested the 2813 ART rollback using Sachesi and the Mega files.. It works but it will complicate things for you....forget about that option for now.

As noted get the ART fix installed then we can look at deleting any corrupted Google service files and ultimately installing the appropriate Cobalt stack.

Posted via CB10
    bb2016 likes this.
    06-20-16 11:59 AM
    Many thanks Lusitano

I have successfully sideloaded the necessarily files because for some reason my passport wouldn't open the page you show me.

One of the moderators sent me the files in a zip format which I extracted and updated my phone

Now I will visit your earlier posts and follow instructions.

the issue has been that you are all veterans. I hardly understand what you guys are talking about. I must first decirpher the jargon (regardless of the intent) before extracting files and installing!!

I will report in due course. Many thanks for your patience, politeness and persistance with helping me
    06-20-16 05:41 PM
    Ive been dowloading com.google.android.gsf.login-4.3.3-cobalt.apk for the past 45 minutes and it still shows up as "processing"
    06-20-16 06:40 PM
    I switched off and rebooted and now the processing ended swiftly and I was asked to install. Midway, it said that it is unable to install.

Cobalts tools seem to be riddled with errors
    06-20-16 06:47 PM
    I switched off and rebooted and now the processing ended swiftly and I was asked to install. Midway, it said that it is unable to install.

Cobalts tools seem to be riddled with errors
    You have to delete the remnants of your prior installation.
    06-20-16 06:53 PM
    You have to delete the remnants of your prior installation.
    I need to get ghost app installed. I find it difficult to identify the files to clear them because I had attempted to download cobalts files several times

right now I am seeing the blackberry run time "initialising". I am waiting for it to end
    06-20-16 07:05 PM
    he link Fret provided above for the ART fix has also been provided previously....use it to get to the BBW fix. Make sure your phone isn't in Developmental mode or Desktop mode.
    I have a very important question if someone could clarify this for me please asap

Right now my phone shows runtime "initialising" It has been going on for several minutes now btw.

Does my phone have to be in developmental mode or not, when the runtime is initialising, please, thanks
    06-20-16 07:09 PM
    I need to get ghost app installed. I find it difficult to identify the files to clear them because I had attempted to download cobalts files several times

right now I am seeing the blackberry run time "initialising". I am waiting for it to end
    You were supposed to reboot after updating the Android Runtime and then wait 10 minutes before touching the device.
    gfondeur likes this.
    06-20-16 07:11 PM
    Thank you! But you see, I was never advised that. And this is why, something I could have done in 3 hours max, I have taken more than 72 hours and I am nowhere! I am going to start all over again because this stupid thing is going on initialising
    06-20-16 07:15 PM
    Thank you! But you see, I was never advised that. And this is why, something I could have done in 3 hours max, I have taken more than 72 hours and I am nowhere! I am going to start all over again because this stupid thing is going on initialising
    See post 6381.
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 06-20-16 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Added link
    06-20-16 07:28 PM
    @conite , you are the most patient man I have ever seen.
    06-20-16 07:30 PM
    right now, I feel sorry for myself, whilst same time grateful

if only it was all laid out neatly to begin with.

I am having to ask what next and then someone would come along and say, why did you upload or download, you should have waited. you should have done this, that and the other

and all the while, no one believing me that I couldn't just reach the android run time

anyway, will appreciate if dollface doesn't stir

I mean business, to set up my phone with cobalt's apps. I like to focus on that if you will excuse me thankyou
    06-20-16 08:08 PM
    right now, I feel sorry for myself, whilst same time grateful

if only it was all laid out neatly to begin with.

I am having to ask what next and then someone would come along and say, why did you upload or download, you should have waited. you should have done this, that and the other

and all the while, no one believing me that I couldn't just reach the android run time

anyway, will appreciate if dollface doesn't stir

I mean business, to set up my phone with cobalt's apps. I like to focus on that if you will excuse me thankyou
    I appreciate that you are having issues. I think the first post is laid out very clearly. I am not stirring anything, I was praising Conite for his assistance and patience. Good luck to you
    gfondeur likes this.
    06-20-16 08:14 PM
    I am getting a message that I need os 4.4 to use this app. Is their anyway I can use it with cobalt. I can't even try patching it because the play store won't let me download it because it's says it's no compatibleAttachment 402603. See image

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20160621_123006.jpg  
    06-21-16 11:32 AM
    I am getting a message that I need os 4.4 to use this app. Is their anyway I can use it with cobalt. I can't even try patching it because the play store won't let me download it because it's says it's no compatible

You're out of luck. BB10 only supports Android 4.3.
    gfondeur likes this.
    06-21-16 11:35 AM
    And patching won't help.. I guess

06-21-16 11:35 AM
    And patching won't help.. I guess

Nope.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-16 11:36 AM
    And the number son cobalts gsf.4.3 aren't representing the os version just a coincidence because there is a 4.4 as well

06-21-16 11:39 AM
    And the number son cobalts gsf.4.3 aren't representing the os version just a coincidence because there is a 4.4 as well

Not a coincidence..the numbers coincide but 4.4 is based on Android kitkat and is "experimental". It must have Google play services installed to function.

The limitation however is in BlackBerry android runtime...stuck at 4.3 Jellybean.

Read Cobalts comments and description on very first page of this thread.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-16 11:46 AM
    I did notice that. So how do I install Google play services. Is that the Google setting app?

06-21-16 11:48 AM
    I did notice that. So how do I install Google play services. Is that the Google setting app?

Exactly...the apk is numbered 8.4.89 and is displayed as Google Settings icon upon installation.

All the details are described on first page. Cobalt has done a great job...read carefully.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-16 11:54 AM
    I agree Cobalt is great! On another note I did do that and have the 4.4 but some reason Google play store doesn't recognize me having that

06-21-16 12:57 PM
    I agree Cobalt is great! On another note I did do that and have the 4.4 but some reason Google play store doesn't recognize me having that

Cobalt recommends 4.3 since it's tailored to the BlackBerry android runtime. More likely to have issues with 4.4 4 version...

"Google Account Manager 4.4.4 is an experimental, newer version of the Google Login app. It is taken from Android 4.4 (KitKat) and it only works if Google Play Services is installed. You should always prefer version 4.3.3 over 4.4.4, becaue 4.3.3 was specifically built for Jelly Bean."

Posted via CB10
    06-21-16 01:45 PM
9,813 ... 255256257258259 ...