Hey conite :- the initialising happening for the last 20 odd minutes - is it normal? How much time should it take before I restart the device?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-16 02:10 PM
    Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20160616_004040.png

Posted via CB10
    06-15-16 02:11 PM
    Hey conite :- the initialising happening for the last 20 odd minutes - is it normal? How much time should it take before I restart the device?

Posted via CB10
    Restart it immediately after the installation is complete. You don't "open" it.

After reboot, don't touch the device for 10 minutes while it settles.

Priv STV100-1 AAF153 / Q5SQR100-1/10.3.3.746
    06-15-16 02:16 PM
    Yeaaah! It's done!! Conite thanks a tonne!!

Posted via CB10
    06-15-16 02:40 PM
    Seems unusual. GMaps works normally on my BB10 devices. The only feature that does not currently work is saving offline maps.
    Hi Conite,

Followup on this issue. I loaded up your patched version, which, as I said, works other than the error messages. It turns out I had login 4.3 but found Google Login 4.4 on Cobalt's page, loaded it in, rebooted, and now generally only get the one error message.

Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20160615_155325.png

Posted via CB10
    06-15-16 04:00 PM
    Hi Conite,

Followup on this issue. I loaded up your patched version, which, as I said, works other than the error messages. It turns out I had login 4.3 but found Google Login 4.4 on Cobalt's page, loaded it in, rebooted, and now generally only get the one error message.

Posted via CB10
    Well, as you surmised, there is something else going on with your device. It should work perfectly. If this makes it better, and is enough to make a wipe unnecessary for you, then that's good I guess.

Note to others, v4.4.4 requires Google Play Services to be installed, whereas v4.3.3 does not - assuming you don't need Google Play Services anyway for your particular set of patched apps.
    06-15-16 04:25 PM
    Skype works fine from play store?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-16 06:17 PM
    Skype works fine from play store?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. But you may wish to patch it to get rid of warnings.
    06-15-16 06:25 PM
    Hi there, I just got it work!

Thanks Cobalt and Conite, After some days in the darkness, I figure it out how to have Google Play Store working on my Z30 and be able again to uninstall Android Apps. Here is a summary of what I did it:

-first of all, I had to reinstall the 2 old Android's Runtime previous installed on BB OS before the last update. You can find it here:

https://mega.nz/#!9JIhFIyJ!GYnFXMeLD...bjpSCZBeHP1ueQ

-then, I installed Sachesi on my computer. Conite's little guide was great, and I will copy and paste it here:

For those unfamiliar with Sachesi, this may help:

1) download from here:
    https://github.com/xsacha/Sachesi/releases

2) install on your computer

3) run Sachesi

4) plug in your device, and wait for connection

5) unzip the two old Runtime bars linked to in the OP

6) Unclick "only install newer apps" in Sachesi

7 ) drag both bar files into Sachesi

8 ) once complete, reboot device

Don't forget to turn off auto-updates so the 2876 Runtime does not get put right back on.
    Last edited by conite; 01-21-16 at 08:15 PM"

-It is really important to TURN OFF the auto-update on your BB Settings, don't forget it to do that.

-After this, I reboot my Z30, and downloaded the Google Play files that Cobalt created. It is available here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ctions-985344/

Follow his instructions. It will work. Remember that you have to donwload the files from your BB native browser, on your phone. And follow the installation's order provided by Cobalt:

"HOW TO INSTALL
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Download the 3 files listed below to your Blackberry device by clicking on the download links. Then install and run the files in the described order. Make sure that you have allowed installation of 3rd party apps in Blackberry settings -> App Manager -> App installation. Read the tips in the FAQ if you encounter any problems during installation process.

Step 1: Add a Google system account to your device
    Install com.google.android.gsf.login. Run the app and login with your Google credentials. The app will close (minimize) if the step completed successfully (may take a few seconds). You should now be able to see your Google account in Blackberry Settings -> Accounts -> Third Party Accounts.

Step 2: Register your device with Google Play
    Install cobalt.blackberry.googleID. Run the app and register your device with Google Play. Close the app after successfull registration.

Step 3: Install Google Play Store
    Install com.android.vending. Run and enjoy the Play Store!

All 3 apps MUST remain installed on your device otherwise Google Play store will not work."

AFTER doing all this procedures, I rebooted my phone and... voil�, I could log in on Google Play Store with my own Google account. On my BB Settings, it's showing a new account, on the 3rd parties. Everything is working, I downloaded some App's that I need it, test it, uninstalled some just for checking (you can use Ghost Commander or Cobalt's Mobile Network app, both worked great, fast and accurated).

My Z30 is shining again. Thanks again Cobalt and Conite. We love Blackberry, their OS and the phones, it pretty shame that the company does is not providing enough support for old (and new) users. We want to believe in BB for the next decade, but every year is getting harder and harder. For now, I am convinced to buy a new Passport and give it another couple of years of trust to Waterloo (I had been using BB since 2008).

Hope you all can make it work!
    dollface, dpgo and BD_BB_8520 like this.
    06-16-16 12:36 PM
    Hi there, I just got it work!

Thanks Cobalt and Conite, After some days in the darkness, I figure it out how to have Google Play Store working on my Z30 and be able again to uninstall Android Apps. Here is a summary of what I did it:

-first of all, I had to reinstall the 2 old Android's Runtime previous installed on BB OS before the last update. You can find it here:

https://mega.nz/#!9JIhFIyJ!GYnFXMeLD...bjpSCZBeHP1ueQ

-then, I installed Sachesi on my computer. Conite's little guide was great, and I will copy and paste it here:

For those unfamiliar with Sachesi, this may help:

1) download from here:
    https://github.com/xsacha/Sachesi/releases

2) install on your computer

3) run Sachesi

4) plug in your device, and wait for connection

5) unzip the two old Runtime bars linked to in the OP

6) Unclick "only install newer apps" in Sachesi

7 ) drag both bar files into Sachesi

8 ) once complete, reboot device

Don't forget to turn off auto-updates so the 2876 Runtime does not get put right back on.
    Last edited by conite; 01-21-16 at 08:15 PM"

-It is really important to TURN OFF the auto-update on your BB Settings, don't forget it to do that.

-After this, I reboot my Z30, and downloaded the Google Play files that Cobalt created. It is available here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ctions-985344/

Follow his instructions. It will work. Remember that you have to donwload the files from your BB native browser, on your phone. And follow the installation's order provided by Cobalt:

"HOW TO INSTALL
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Download the 3 files listed below to your Blackberry device by clicking on the download links. Then install and run the files in the described order. Make sure that you have allowed installation of 3rd party apps in Blackberry settings -> App Manager -> App installation. Read the tips in the FAQ if you encounter any problems during installation process.

Step 1: Add a Google system account to your device
    Install com.google.android.gsf.login. Run the app and login with your Google credentials. The app will close (minimize) if the step completed successfully (may take a few seconds). You should now be able to see your Google account in Blackberry Settings -> Accounts -> Third Party Accounts.

Step 2: Register your device with Google Play
    Install cobalt.blackberry.googleID. Run the app and register your device with Google Play. Close the app after successfull registration.

Step 3: Install Google Play Store
    Install com.android.vending. Run and enjoy the Play Store!

All 3 apps MUST remain installed on your device otherwise Google Play store will not work."

AFTER doing all this procedures, I rebooted my phone and... voil�, I could log in on Google Play Store with my own Google account. On my BB Settings, it's showing a new account, on the 3rd parties. Everything is working, I downloaded some App's that I need it, test it, uninstalled some just for checking (you can use Ghost Commander or Cobalt's Mobile Network app, both worked great, fast and accurated).

My Z30 is shining again. Thanks again Cobalt and Conite. We love Blackberry, their OS and the phones, it pretty shame that the company does is not providing enough support for old (and new) users. We want to believe in BB for the next decade, but every year is getting harder and harder. For now, I am convinced to buy a new Passport and give it another couple of years of trust to Waterloo (I had been using BB since 2008).

Hope you all can make it work!
    Yay!! Glad for you.
    06-16-16 01:12 PM
    Hi there. Firstly, thanks again to Cobalt for all the initial work and then everyone who has "stood on the shoulders of giants" to get this to where it currently is.

When this reverse engineered project started I installed all the bits and had everything going just right. I now have a second q10 (10.3.2.2474) and I'm putting it all together again.

I have installed:
    google account
    google settings
    google+ whitelist
    Play games
    play store.

I've got most stuff working as it should but whereas the first time I did this there was no trouble getting google maps to work now it's refusing to play ball. Although I didn't need to patch it last time now it seems to me that I do and I have done so using the patcher but it just gives me a black screen with a google watermark and says "can't search". Have I misinterpreted that?

There are 255 pages of Qs and As so I'm not going to try and convince you I read all of them to find the solution. So by all means let me have it, but if someone also has a solution I'd be grateful.
    06-17-16 12:30 PM
    Hi,

I want to use some Google Apps on my BB OS 10 and I am looking for the files in Cobalt's file share. On the first page of this thread is written that the Google Account Manager is essential but in the file share I do not find it. The same with google play services and Android settings. Are the files no more necessary?
    06-18-16 07:41 AM
    Hi,

I want to use some Google Apps on my BB OS 10 and I am looking for the files in Cobalt's file share. On the first page of this thread is written that the Google Account Manager is essential but in the file share I do not find it. The same with google play services and Android settings. Are the files no more necessary?
    They are all there.
    Attached Thumbnails Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-1466254445311.jpg  
    06-18-16 07:54 AM
    Thanks, I found this page but I cannot see an account manager. Is it the login apk? Which version shall I install?
    06-18-16 08:42 AM
    Where can I donate?
    06-18-16 10:05 AM
    Thanks, I found this page but I cannot see an account manager. Is it the login apk? Which version shall I install?
    4.3.3 is first. Login.

2.8 is second. Register.
    dollface likes this.
    06-18-16 11:05 AM
    4.3.3 is first. Login.

2.8 is second. Register.
    Thank you, with these file names had the app name in parentheses or something.
    06-18-16 12:08 PM
    For snap, we had a video demonstration. Now it has been abandoned and there is no technical support anymore, even for simple issues like unable to login using google

So I was directed here.

This doesn't seem to have any instructions.

Do we just download everything directly using the mobile unlike slideloading in snap?

Have I missed any step by step directions on getting this ap?

Thanks
    06-18-16 04:02 PM
    For snap, we had a video demonstration. Now it has been abandoned and there is no technical support anymore, even for simple issues like unable to login using google

So I was directed here.

This doesn't seem to have any instructions.

Do we just download everything directly using the mobile unlike slideloading in snap?

Have I missed any step by step directions on getting this ap?

Thanks
    Read the 1st post en follow all relevant links and instructions
    gfondeur likes this.
    06-18-16 04:30 PM
    I'm hoping someone can let me know if I need to patch maps if I don't care about it remembering me?

About a year ago I installed it on a different device and it worked great without a patch.
    06-18-16 05:39 PM
    Hi Cobalt, thank you for this amazing apps. It makes my Passport became more useful. So i have a question to asking you that can i remove all Google official apps and reinstall and re-register without swipe?. I don't know why my passport drains battery really fast after i tried to add another google account into it ( I've also removed it out my bb after several times trying ).
    06-18-16 05:48 PM
    Read the 1st post en follow all relevant links and instructions
    Thanks but there is so much to take in.

I don't understand what exactly I am supposed to do and where I must start. Sorry.

A step by step guidance would be helpful and easy for those who don't understand the jargon.

All I want is a few apps like watsapp and 3. I don't think I need anything else. Snap was functional for me. Unfortunately I attempted to update it and the new ones are drawing a blank or not logging in through google.

Thanks
    06-18-16 06:37 PM
    It says Google Account Manager: ESSENTIAL but I cannot find any such file?
    06-18-16 06:46 PM
    @qasabah you might need to install Google Play Services.

You'll have to find an older version as due to some changes it is no longer recommended to install it. (I think.)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Posted via CB10
    06-18-16 07:13 PM
    Loads of problems, unanswered questions. I sat through the thread. The issues of downloading persists, let alone get any of them working!

It looks like it is easy to write programme for those who are qualified to but the skill and intellect lies in finding a solution too issues.
    06-18-16 09:19 PM
9,813 ... 253254255256257 ...