You are aware that, patched or not, CoC no longer works, right? The game crashes on BB10 when you try an attack.
    Yes. I was talking about Google+ and just kind of sounded like the people who want it. I am not interested in CoC anyway.

Edit: if there is no way to patch Google+, that's still fine.

Posted via Overheating Z10
    05-30-16 06:54 AM
    Yes. I was talking about Google+ and just kind of sounded like the people who want it. I am not interested in CoC anyway.

I got what you originally wrote. If my memory is correct I did try to patch the latest G+ update. It failed, as did trying to install the unpatched apk, it failed as well. I think it is incompatible with our version of Android Runtime. I predict we will be seeing more of this in the near future.
    I just use the web version using the BB browser.
    05-30-16 07:16 AM
    I do not think that would be possible. Or rather, it would be quite improbable. According to these statistics: ? Android version market share 2016 | Statistic
    It would mean, that they left more than 24% of its users behind. Google lives from datamining, and such step would be quite shortsighted.
    More likely, the google play services are way too integrated into g+. As for patching, WhatsApp, for example, has some issues with patching (my wild guess is some internal crc/sha build check) and refuses to run, after patching.
    05-30-16 07:30 AM
    I got what you originally wrote. If my memory is correct I did try to patch the latest G+ update. It failed, as did trying to install the unpatched apk, it failed as well. I think it is incompatible with our version of Android Runtime. I predict we will be seeing more of this in the near future.
    I just use the web version using the BB browser.
    Update to my above post. To double check, I installed unpatched G+, it installed but would crash. I tried patching with decompile on, cannot be rebuilt. Tried with decompile off, nothing to patch.
    So G+ app won't run on BB10 anymore. Maybe Cobalt needs to update Play Services or Patcher, maybe there isn't anything to be done except to use the web version. I use it and it works just fine.
    05-30-16 07:46 AM

I found what the problem is. Since I have both versions of Patcher I decided to give Version 1.4 a try (I was using the beta version). G+ patched just fine and is working on my Passport.
    Why Beta couldn't patch it but 1.4 is able to is beyond my knowledge. Maybe someone can shed some light on the matter.
    05-30-16 08:04 AM
    Sorry guys for any inconvenience. I guess everybody has been waiting for this ;-)

Are there any preferred mirrors that I could use (that are accessible from directly from the phone)?
    05-30-16 09:35 AM
    Thanks to the work of Cobalt and the feedback given by several BB users on this thread, I was able to use the 1.5 beta patcher and API keys in order to get Maps working in my Verizon Hum app.

I just have one question, and I apologize if this is a silly one, but I wanted to make sure: Now that I have the 'maps'/location function working in my Hum app, do I need to keep the Google Maps app on my phone, or can I delete it? I don't use the Google Maps app at all, and I only installed it when I thought my Hum app needed it in order for the 'maps'/location function to work. But now that I see my Hum app relies on the API keys, I'm thinking it's not necessary for me to have Google Maps app on my phone. Can anyone kindly give me feedback on this?
    05-30-16 07:22 PM
    I just have one question, and I apologize if this is a silly one, but I wanted to make sure: Now that I have the 'maps'/location function working in my Hum app, do I need to keep the Google Maps app on my phone, or can I delete it?
    You don't need it. They are unrelated.
    05-30-16 07:24 PM
    You don't need it. They are unrelated.
    Thanks for the confirmation, I appreciate it.

I do have a separate question - but this is for anyone who can answer: I also have apps like eBay and Instagram installed on my phone (Passport SE). They work fine for the most part, and I do see notification messages when I open the hub. However, I noticed that the LED notification lights don't work at all for those apps. In "Settings", I have the option to turn on notification lights for both eBay and Instagram, which I did. Still, the lights never blink when I get a new notification from either of those apps.

Although it doesn't bother me too much that I don't have them, I was wondering - is there a way to get the notification lights working on my Passport SE for both eBay and Instagram?
    Last edited by LG8; 05-30-16 at 07:56 PM.
    05-30-16 07:45 PM
    Hi Cobalt
    Firstly, thanks for everything you do for your fellow BB users! I have a Passport and successfully installed Google Play store last year following your instructions. Recently, I got frustrated as I could not run several apps as it required google play services so I found and downloaded this: Google Play services APK for Blackberry | Download Android APK GAMES & APPS for BlackBerry, for BB, curve, 8520, bold, 9300, 9900, playbook, pearl, torch, 9800, 9700, cobbler, Z10, Z3, passport, Q10

Things were not working so someone tried to help me and deleted/uninstalled the Google Play store so we could start over (we are not tech savy!). I then found your Landing Page and tried to download the 3 key apk from your share file, so I could follow your install instructions. They downloaded (and they looked funny with original file names scrambled) but nothing opened when I tried to open and install them.

Can you help? I am not sure why I cannot properly download and install your files onto my Passport.

Is there a YouTube video you recommend to follow with the required files to install Google play store and services?
    Many thanks for any help you can provide!
    05-30-16 09:38 PM
    No computer access to patch apps. Does anyone have a patched google fit apk they can post?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-16 01:00 AM
    Hello. Im new here I have BlackBerry. Passport and when I open earth the apliccation wont run without google play services. Which are mising in my phone

Posted via CB10
    05-31-16 04:09 AM
    Hello. Im new here I have BlackBerry. Passport and when I open earth the apliccation wont run without google play services. Which are mising in my phone

Posted via CB10
    The first post in all of Cobalt's threads. Read, learn, and follow the directions step by step.
    gfondeur likes this.
    05-31-16 04:20 AM
    I have to download all link in my phone??

Posted via CB10
    05-31-16 04:28 AM
    I have to download all link in my phone??

Posted via CB10
    Except for Play Service Patcher, that goes on your PC.
    05-31-16 04:56 AM
    Play store works on 10.3.3 dev OS

Posted via CB10
    05-31-16 05:26 AM
    good morning everyone. i am wondering if anyone has been able to use google messenger
    it will install, but when i try to send, it always says "message not sent"
    i tried to add to whitelist. patched using play service patcher
    running z30 10.3.2.
    all other apps i have patched work fine

thx. keith
    05-31-16 08:47 AM
    Hi friends, will adding these google services affect my battery life by increasing CPU demand?
    05-31-16 05:21 PM
    Hi friends, will adding these google services affect my battery life by increasing CPU demand?
    Cobalt's apps haven't adversely affected my phone at all.
    05-31-16 05:36 PM
    Thanks.
    05-31-16 05:38 PM
    Google account manager shows " there is a problem to communicate with Google server".
    06-01-16 02:49 AM
    Hi, when I launch the Account Manager 4.3.3 apk, it comes back saying unable to install app. It is 10.3.2. Could you suggest what's happening please?

Thanks
    Vamsi
    06-01-16 03:48 AM
    06-01-16 05:38 AM
    Except for Play Service Patcher, that goes on your PC.
    How to download in my pc? And how to install in my phone??

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 05:39 AM
    How to download in my pc? And how to install in my phone??

Posted via CB10
    Like you would any other app.
    gfondeur likes this.
    06-01-16 06:06 AM
9,813 ... 249250251252253 ...