Thanks for the reply dman2009.

-- I tried without decompiling and the maps no longer work at all. Oddly I also start getting the 'missing google play services' warning even though 'Google Play services patch' is checked.
    -- With decompiling on, it is finding geolocation dependencies in maps (my last post may have mixed up uber/maps).
    -- I have the same issue with the uber app; it can't find my location. I'll try that app in a minute without decompiling as it only has Android API dependencies, but I think I tried it in the past to no avail.
    04-26-16 07:06 PM
    Seedless, don't enter the api keys when patching Google Maps. Leave those blank. Do not enable "Decompile Resources" either.

You only do those things with apps that have maps or geolocation dependencies.

Posted via CB10
    If I skip decompiling, I'm not getting the maps for either Uber or Google Maps. It looks like the API keys are definitely required. I'm not sure what the secret sauce to location services is though....
    04-26-16 07:19 PM
    The whitelist doesn't work for me. I added the happn signature from the original APK and installed the APK patched by the 1.4 patcher (I can't download 1.5 yet despite trying all day). Running the newest beta 5 patched Google Play Services. When I try to purchase credits, I still get the usual error that the app is not configured. In the end I was able to buy credits by running the app in Bluestacks, but I'm hoping there's a way to get this to work on the Passport.
    04-26-16 08:02 PM
    @seedless2 Do you want the Uber apk I already patched?

Posted via Passport Silver Edition 
    04-26-16 10:29 PM
    Hello thank you.
    I click the link for the Google services page but receive an error message 404 could not find page try again. Not very tech savvy so i'm assuming I'm missing some steps. I do have the Google play store. What do I do or where do I look for the info. Thanks again for your help.
    04-27-16 12:00 AM
    I guess I just don't know what I'm doing :-)

Posted via CB10
    04-27-16 12:28 AM
    Yep. Links are down for me also

Posted via CB10
    04-27-16 04:16 AM
    The whitelist doesn't work for me. I added the happn signature from the original APK and installed the APK patched by the 1.4 patcher (I can't download 1.5 yet despite trying all day). Running the newest beta 5 patched Google Play Services. When I try to purchase credits, I still get the usual error that the app is not configured. In the end I was able to buy credits by running the app in Bluestacks, but I'm hoping there's a way to get this to work on the Passport.
    All this fuss about Uber? Uber just signed up with many big players to get driverless cars on the road as soon as possible! Talk about losing ones job to technology paired with greed.
    04-27-16 05:43 AM
    Links have been down for like a month for me. Every time I try, it either eventually times out or I get the file(s) not found error.

Anyone have a mirror or alternate link for these files?
    04-27-16 08:04 AM
    Hi there

Blackberry newbie question. Just got my passport and i do want google maps.

Unable to add my account using google login (first step). After many tries i have once managed to add it, but it did not show up in accounts. After starting over, I am not able to log in. Gives the message (attached)
    Even after I have added it, it still would not allow me to register it, the same way it does not allow to do it now. - Account manager refused token request - no wonder it says this as my newly added email does not show up in acc manager.
    This mail matches my BBID email address - is that a problem? I did try a brand new google email, did not help either.
    Do i need to enable development mode? Any other ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20160427_162433.jpg   Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20160427_163006.jpg  
    04-27-16 08:33 AM
    @seedless2 Do you want the Uber apk I already patched?

@3yE, I would be curious to give it a go, thanks. Is it an older version? Did you do something different to patch it? My real interest is in getting Google Maps working however. It's one of the only Android apps I actually run and I rely on it as my GPS!
    04-27-16 08:36 AM
    @3yE, I would be curious to give it a go, thanks. Is it an older version? Did you do something different to patch it? My real interest is in getting Google Maps working however. It's one of the only Android apps I actually run and I rely on it as my GPS!
    It was the latest version from Playstore 2 days ago. There is no clear instruction but if you read all the post from page 231 to 235, you will know what to do.
    How to get Google Maps to work is already described in post #1. You can make it work if you read carefully and follow instruction step by step.
    The link I shared below contains Uber and Gmaps patched apks that work on my phone. Have fun.
    https://mega.nz/#F!s9cGWC4J!RrzHZRs1ruN6hvNr5WOhQw

Last edited by 3yE; 04-27-16 at 10:07 AM.
    04-27-16 08:52 AM
    Cobalt, Thanks a ton for the new patch procedure to fix apps that rely on Google Maps. 2 apps I use for mountain biking (Strava and MTB Project) stopped displaying the maps about a week ago. I saw your post on the new patch procedure, followed the instructions, repatched those 2 apps and now they're working great! Donation will be heading your way. Thanks again!
    04-27-16 09:27 AM
    I'm trying to get two apps to work but i have been unable to. I'm brand new to the blackberry world but I'm not a n00b when it comes to install in, patching, or modding apps. I've patched multiple times and downloaded patched versions of snapchat and Facebook messenger, but I have not been able to get these to work. I really want to keep this passport but if I'm unable to get these apps to work I'll be on swappa listing the device lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    04-27-16 10:29 AM
    It was the latest version from Playstore 2 days ago. There is no clear instruction but if you read all the post from page 231 to 235, you will know what to do.
    How to get Google Maps to work is already described in post #1. You can make it work if you read carefully and follow instruction step by step.
    The link I shared below contains Uber and Gmaps patched apks that work on my phone. Have fun.
    https://mega.nz/#F!s9cGWC4J!RrzHZRs1ruN6hvNr5WOhQw

@3yE, thanks for posting those apps. Unfortunately I'm getting the same result from your uber app as my patched app, maps work but it just won't find my location (I can't download Gmaps, there's an error with the file on Mega). I'm running OS 10.3.2.2836 with BB runtime for Android 10.3.2.371 installed. Maps used to work with OS 10.3.2.231 so I'm curious what would happen if I jumped back but apprehensive as I'm not sure all these apps would play nice.

What version of the OS are you running that you're getting location information?
    04-27-16 10:56 AM
    The links on the first page still give an error that it is not found on the server. Does anybody have links to mirrors of the patched apps?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-16 11:12 AM
    I'm trying to get two apps to work but i have been unable to. I'm brand new to the blackberry world but I'm not a n00b when it comes to install in, patching, or modding apps. I've patched multiple times and downloaded patched versions of snapchat and Facebook messenger, but I have not been able to get these to work. I really want to keep this passport but if I'm unable to get these apps to work I'll be on swappa listing the device lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Better list it on Swappa then. Sorry. Plenty of threads around here about those apps not working very well and only for a select few at that, only under certain circumstances.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    gfondeur likes this.
    04-27-16 11:22 AM
    Can't access the Google play settings url from the first page.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-16 01:51 PM
    Concerning my lack of location data in Google Maps, I just checked under Blackberry Google ID --> ... -> App permissions --> Maps and there is no option for 'Location'. Seems strange as all other apps that required GPS have an option to enable/disable it.

Anybody else unable to pull your location in Google Maps? Does this setting exist for you? I'm wondering if it's a simple permission prob.
    04-27-16 02:28 PM
    OK. Please don't be mean to me. I downloaded patcher version 1.5. I figured out how to create an API key. When I inserted it in the patcher and tried to use it on the Uber driver app I got "error package cannot be recompiled." I found posts indicating I need something called a new "apktool.jar." I amazed myself by finding one and copying it into the patcher folder. I still get the same error message.

Please help! I am really trying here, this is waaaay beyond my comfort zone but I am doing my best. If you guys can't help me out, I am going to have to dump my Passport, which will make me cry. If I could afford a Priv I wouldn't be driving for *$%#*% Uber.
    04-27-16 02:29 PM
    OK. Please don't be mean to me. I downloaded patcher version 1.5. I figured out how to create an API key. When I inserted it in the patcher and tried to use it on the Uber driver app I got "error package cannot be recompiled." I found posts indicating I need something called a new "apktool.jar." I amazed myself by finding one and copying it into the patcher folder. I still get the same error message.

Please help! I am really trying here, this is waaaay beyond my comfort zone but I am doing my best. If you guys can't help me out, I am going to have to dump my Passport, which will make me cry. If I could afford a Priv I wouldn't be driving for *$%#*% Uber.
    @msalexandra

Did you download apktool_2.1.0.jar from https://bitbucket.org/iBotPeaches/apktool/downloads and copy it to your PS_Patcher-1.x/lib/ directory? You're just updating to a new version. Make sure you rename it to apktool to overwrite the existing one in that folder.
    04-27-16 02:56 PM
    That's the file I have. Windows wouldn't allow me to rename it; I moved it to another folder and was able to rename it and move it back. Trying again.
    04-27-16 03:01 PM
    Same error. First "package cannot be recompiled" and then "package cannot be rebuilt."
    04-27-16 03:07 PM
    @3yE, thanks for posting those apps. Unfortunately I'm getting the same result from your uber app as my patched app, maps work but it just won't find my location (I can't download Gmaps, there's an error with the file on Mega). I'm running OS 10.3.2.2836 with BB runtime for Android 10.3.2.371 installed. Maps used to work with OS 10.3.2.231 so I'm curious what would happen if I jumped back but apprehensive as I'm not sure all these apps would play nice.

What version of the OS are you running that you're getting location information?
    I am running on 10.3.2.2836 with ART downloaded from BBworld. My patched Uber apk works on my friends phone.

04-27-16 11:15 PM
    Concerning my lack of location data in Google Maps, I just checked under Blackberry Google ID --> ... -> App permissions --> Maps and there is no option for 'Location'. Seems strange as all other apps that required GPS have an option to enable/disable it.

Anybody else unable to pull your location in Google Maps? Does this setting exist for you? I'm wondering if it's a simple permission prob.
    Seem like you have found the problem. I have the location permission in the Uber and Gmap app setting. Reinstall BB Google ID setting perhaps?
    Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20160428_111255.png
    Attachment 398383
    04-27-16 11:19 PM
9,813 ... 236237238239240 ...