Uber works without patching the app now. Just download it from the modified Play Store, update notifications will work as well.
    04-19-16 02:17 PM
    @Cobalt,

The links to the PS_Patcher 1.5 beta seem to be broken. Can you fix or post a new link? I would very much like to try patching some APKs with a Google Maps API key. Thanks!
    04-19-16 03:49 PM
    @Cobalt,

The links to the PS_Patcher 1.5 beta seem to be broken. Can you fix or post a new link? I would very much like to try patching some APKs with a Google Maps API key. Thanks!
    If you get an error, try back in a bit.

Due to the volume it looks like people periodically get connection errors.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 04:15 PM
    I tested this one and was able to successfully patch it. Try this:

Start the process the normal way with both a Google Maps API and a Google Maps Geolocation API key. Be sure and check "Decompile Resources". When the Patcher is done analyzing the APK, it will offer recommended patches. Uncheck the patch that suggests replacing Open Street Maps with Google Maps. Then patch the app.

I did this with another app that wouldn't rebuild and the process went smoothly and the app works fine. Although I got this app to rebuild and was able to install it on my phone, I couldn't test it fully because I don't have a Way2Ride account. So try this method and let us know if it worked!
    Thanks for your suggestion, dman2009! I've tried that already, i.e. uncheck "Google Maps API v1 (App will use Google Maps instead of OpenStreetMaps)". Unchecking does enable the app to recombile but consequently makes the map in the app blank because preassumably it is still trying to use OpenStreetMaps.
    04-19-16 04:20 PM
    If you get an error, try back in a bit.

Due to the volume it looks like people periodically get connection errors.

Posted via CB10
    I just tried it again and it worked, thanks!
    04-19-16 05:53 PM
    Thus far I have been able to successfully patch 3 APKs with my own Google Maps API key using the PS Patcher 1.5 beta 2. They're running well on my Q10.

Again, brilliant work @Cobalt!
    04-19-16 06:33 PM
    Please....do any version of youtube.apk work on bb10...maybe a patched one?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 07:31 PM
    Please....do any version of youtube.apk work on bb10...maybe a patched one?

Posted via CB10
    Carefully read the first post of this thread. Contained within you will discover a pre-patched version of youtube. If the requisite files are installed as directed, then yes YouTube will work.
    zilla0617 and gfondeur like this.
    04-20-16 12:53 AM
    It works but with limited functionality. better patch it and enjoy full functionality
    04-20-16 03:19 AM
    Uber works without patching the app now. Just download it from the modified Play Store, update notifications will work as well.
    it works but with limited functionality. Better patch it and enjoy full functionality
    04-20-16 03:20 AM
    i tried to patch HERE maps, didn't work. App is not launching. Any idea ?
    04-20-16 06:40 AM
    The link for Play Services appears to be dead. Is there another?

Posted via CB10
    04-20-16 12:25 PM
    Keep trying.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    04-20-16 01:33 PM
    it works but with limited functionality. Better patch it and enjoy full functionality
    I've been using Uber (passenger app) without patching. Out of curiosity, what functionalities are limited without patching? Wanted to know in advance before I run into them, thanks!

Posted via CB10
    04-20-16 02:15 PM
    So I was going to make a new thread for this problem but I figure it's better to post here.

Just got a new Passport, it's only been a few days. Running 10.3.2.2836.
    I tried getting SNAP first, but when I'd enter my email and password it wouldn't register it, saying 'incorrect password'. Changed my password and tried again, this time it'd say 'your password has just been changed'.

Then I tried the steps in this thread, but whenever I tried to log in with the email and password on blackberry google id I'd get the 'cannot connect to Google servers, try again later' error.
    Am I supposed to already have snap, because I read something about a gsf id...? Or am I missing a step or doing something wrong?

Posted via CB10
    04-20-16 04:50 PM
    I've been using Uber (passenger app) without patching. Out of curiosity, what functionalities are limited without patching? Wanted to know in advance before I run into them, thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Mobile wallet payment like paytm etc won't work. You can't add/delete payment method etc. Any modification /verification in profile can't be done through un-patched app.
    04-20-16 11:42 PM
    404 not found error..
    showing the same error ofr blackberry google id login, google play services, google play games, Google Account Manager... plz help
    04-21-16 02:06 AM
    404 not found error..
    showing the same error ofr blackberry google id login, google play services, google play games, Google Account Manager... plz help
    Make sure you're using your phone. Press and hold the link and choose 'open in browser' it should open the link and start downloading.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-16 02:15 AM
    So I was going to make a new thread for this problem but I figure it's better to post here.

I tried getting SNAP first, but when I'd enter my email and password it wouldn't register it, saying 'incorrect password'. Changed my password and tried again, this time it'd say 'your password has just been changed'.

Then I tried the steps in this thread, but whenever I tried to log in with the email and password on blackberry google id I'd get the 'cannot connect to Google servers, try again later' error.
    Am I supposed to already have snap, because I read something about a gsf id...? Or am I missing a step or doing something wrong?

Posted via CB10
    You have to read the first post of this thread first completely to fully understand the procedures to get everything going because Cobalt's way has absolutely nothing to do with SNAP.

Posted via CB10
    Smokeaire likes this.
    04-21-16 05:59 AM
    I don't know what's up with some of you guys...I have been using Cobalts old patches on my apps and everything works...once I patch the app. and then install it and it works
    And this what I do to update the app if there is a new version I use snap... i just did it Google maps as it just got a new version out..

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 397806
    04-21-16 09:17 AM
    Something it's going on with the Play Services link, I try different connections and nothing
    04-21-16 01:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    Snap is reportedly dead in the water for "new" downloads. It is still functional on the BB10 devices I currently use but there are several posts which note that if Snap is removed it results in the password error upon attempts to reinstall -- reportedly it is missing some recent security key.

Keeping in mind that Snap has not been directly supported since June 2015 and that it does not remove Google Play Service dependencies , your best option and only option is to use Cobalt's files.

Read the first page and follow the instructions carefully and all will work well...and throw Cobalt a donation too to let him know his efforts are appreciated.

Sine stercore tauri
    04-21-16 04:47 PM
    Hi everyone! This is my first post here but I watched and followed all the tips and patch made by Cobalt, to whom I would like to sincerely thanks for the all efforts made for BlackBerry users. Now I have still a problem with some apps. As experienced before by some other users, I receive a grey space in those app where should be present a Google Maps (which stand-alone app works fine).
    I followed all the steps of Patcher 1.5 beta2 with the two APIs (Maps Android e Geolocation) but still does not work properly.
    Could you advise me about any missing step? The example app is Enjoy (com.eni.enoy.apk)
    Anyone has experienced same issues with this app?
    Thank you
    04-21-16 05:16 PM
    Hi everyone! This is my first post here but I watched and followed all the tips and patch made by Cobalt, to whom I would like to sincerely thanks for the all efforts made for BlackBerry users. Now I have still a problem with some apps. As experienced before by some other users, I receive a grey space in those app where should be present a Google Maps (which stand-alone app works fine).
    I followed all the steps of Patcher 1.5 beta2 with the two APIs (Maps Android e Geolocation) but still does not work properly.
    Could you advise me about any missing step? The example app is Enjoy (com.eni.enoy.apk)
    Thank you
    Did you update the apktool.jar file to apk 2.1.0. jar?

Sine stercore tauri
    04-21-16 05:43 PM
    Thank you
    I tried patching this app with the same result. Cobalt has mentioned that some of these apps use proprietary APIs for geolocation. That could be the problem.
    04-21-16 05:43 PM
9,813 ... 233234235236237 ...