If you are on OS 2876 and you haven't corrected the android runtime error that might be your problem...do you have difficulties with any other pre-installed apps? Read the following if it applies...

Unable to uninstall Android applications after updating to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.2

If the 2876 fix doesn't solve your issue then delete the patched GMAPS...reboot...repatch....reinstall.
    Hi...No I don't have no other problems with other apps just this one...also i have used the link and patched from app world ...this is what my os is...
    Attached Thumbnails Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20160411_150422.jpg   Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20160411_150405.jpg  
    04-11-16 02:18 PM
    Actually I didn't know if the unpatched apk of Netflix needs to be Whitelisted or not. I just do that as a matter of course with every Android app I install. Just remember that it is the unpatched apk that is Whitelisted, not the patched apk.
    Correct. I'll try it tonight but odd that I couldn't get it to stream to my tv.
    04-11-16 02:18 PM
    Hi...No I don't have no other problems with other apps just this one...also i have used the link and patched from app world ...this is what my os is...
    You definitely shouldn't require the ART fix since you are on 2474.
    I did read that the BBW ART patch should only be used if one is on 2876 but if GMAPS is your only problem that info may not be correct.
    I'll suggest the repatch and reload of the gmaps apk for the time being but will definitely try to patch the update when I get home. Will let you know if any issues arise.

In the mean time hopefully your problem resolves or someone else can provide you with a concrete fix.
    JohnM109R likes this.
    04-11-16 02:41 PM
    You definitely shouldn't require the ART fix since you are on 2474.
    I did read that the BBW ART patch should only be used if one is on 2876 but if GMAPS is your only problem that info may not be correct.
    I'll suggest the repatch and reload of the gmaps apk for the time being but will definitely try to patch the update when I get home. Will let you know if any issues arise.

In the mean time hopefully your problem resolves or someone else can provide you with a concrete fix.
    Thanks bud.... are there specific place where ppl are d/l there gmaps apks from cause there are so many with diff screen size and all sorts of os 4.3 to4.1 to install... maybe I'm downloading the wrong version...
    04-11-16 03:24 PM
    Thanks bud.... are there specific place where ppl are d/l there gmaps apks from cause there are so many with diff screen size and all sorts of os 4.3 to4.1 to install... maybe I'm downloading the wrong version...
    I've been downloading them from Google Play using Cobalts Play store files. Haven't used any alternate sources since. If you read through the threads mobile1 still appears to come up but I haven't used it in ages.

Currently using a patched gmaps version 9.20.1 with full features and it's working well on both my PP OS 2876 and my Z30 OS 2474.
    JohnM109R likes this.
    04-11-16 03:43 PM
    I have a random question
    04-11-16 06:27 PM
    What if you were to install the official GPS?
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    04-11-16 06:27 PM
    I have a random question
    What if you were to install the official GPS?
    This isn't the off topic...You can ask your question in one post.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    04-11-16 07:00 PM
    I've been downloading them from Google Play using Cobalts Play store files. Haven't used any alternate sources since. If you read through the threads mobile1 still appears to come up but I haven't used it in ages.

Currently using a patched gmaps version 9.20.1 with full features and it's working well on both my PP OS 2876 and my Z30 OS 2474.
    Well after breaking my head on why this ver9.23 of gmaps didn't work andddd now it works....this is what I did...I left the version 9.2.2 on the pp... I then installed snap and let it update from there and it worked...wow could not believe it

I'm happy now...

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 10:05 PM
    Well after breaking my head on why this ver9.23 of gmaps didn't work andddd now it works....this is what I did...I left the version 9.2.2 on the pp... I then installed snap and let it update from there and it worked...wow could not believe it

I'm happy now...

Posted via CB10
    Glad to hear....just patched and installed v.9.23 and all appears to be working on this end.
    Interesting that your resolution came via Snap...reading through this thread suggests that patched apks cannot be updated through Google Play without causing any issues. ...is it possible that Snaps lack of the Google play dependency enables updates? Going to play with that but maybe Cobalt can comment on this???
    04-11-16 10:57 PM
    I don't know why that after installing snaps and let it update from there worked....cause I tried many times trying to patch it and all I got was black screen...but now that it worked through Snap. Is very weird I said I had nothing to lose and to my surprise almost fell out of my chair lol...

Posted via CB10
    Lusitano17 likes this.
    04-11-16 11:03 PM
    04-12-16 05:15 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1460456115080.jpg 
Views:	704 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	396876
    Try it. I am certain it won't work. Why do you think Cobalt has created the patched version.
    04-12-16 06:02 AM
    Try it. I am certain it won't work. Why do you think Cobalt has created the patched version.
    It wouldn't install but I just wanted to see if it did somehow work
    04-12-16 06:49 AM
    Actually I didn't know if the unpatched apk of Netflix needs to be Whitelisted or not. I just do that as a matter of course with every Android app I install. Just remember that it is the unpatched apk that is Whitelisted, not the patched apk.
    Well, Whitelisting Netflix definitely made a difference. It streams seamlessly now. Thanks for the tip Smokeaire!
    Smokeaire likes this.
    04-12-16 02:05 PM
    Dear Mr. Cobalt:
    I tend to lack confidence in matters of tech saavy, and even though you think the instructions are self explanatory, they sound like they are way over my self assurance level in such things. I would like to download the lyft to my classic, and need the google play. I am more than willing to donate to anyone who can walk me through on the phone step by step to make sure it is going right. Any suggestions where to turn? Brad
    04-12-16 06:39 PM
    Dear Mr. Cobalt:
    I tend to lack confidence in matters of tech saavy, and even though you think the instructions are self explanatory, they sound like they are way over my self assurance level in such things. I would like to download the lyft to my classic, and need the google play. I am more than willing to donate to anyone who can walk me through on the phone step by step to make sure it is going right. Any suggestions where to turn? Brad
    Seriously?
    Donate to Cobalt.
    The process may sound complex but it is simple and well described.
    Read the first post on the first page.
    Download Google account file, Google id file and Google play file.
    You will find them in your Downloads folder.
    Press on the apk file to install.
    Install in the order provided.
    Register your Google account...you may need to create one.
    Once these are downloaded download the Google play store file and install it.

It's as simple as that.
    Smokeaire and gfondeur like this.
    04-12-16 10:02 PM
    Hi, I've google map patched version working on my BB passport silver edition. However, when i'm using patched version of uber/ola/meru apps, i'm not getting map displayed in these apps. These apps could find my location but couldn't display in map . Maps area is always light grey.

Am I doing something wrong? I have followed all steps as mentioned in official page.
    04-12-16 10:30 PM
    PUBLIC BETA

Here is a new version of Play Services Patcher that allows to use a custom Google Maps Android API key to display maps content in patched apps.
    http://homepage.bluewin.ch/simonsmit...atcher-1.5.exe

Setup:
    1. Remove existing Google Play Services from your device (IMPORTANT)
    1. Download and install new Google Play Services 8.4.89-cobalt-Build5 from the first post
    2. Download Play Services Patcher and copy the EXE file into your existing Play Services Patcher folder (on your PC!)

Usage:
    1. Go to Google Developer Console and create a Google Maps Android API key. Do not associate it with a signature hash
    2. Run Play Services Patcher and enter the API Key in the Maps Dialog
    3. Check the option 'decompile resources' in Play Services Patcher
    4. Patch!

Report any problems here.

Say thanks to Dman2009, who motivated me with a nice donation to provide this fix!
    Last edited by Cobalt232; 04-15-16 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Changed Google Maps V2 API Key to Google Maps Android API Key
    Uzi, cbosdell, dman2009 and 14 others like this.
    04-13-16 03:18 AM
    PUBLIC BETA

Here is a new version of Play Services Patcher that allows to use a custom Google Maps API V2 key to display maps content in patched apps.

Setup:
    1. Download and install new Google Play Services 8.4.89-cobalt-Build5 from the first post
    2. Download Play Services Patcher and copy the EXE file into your existing Play Services Patcher folder (on your PC!)

Usage:
    1. Go to Google Developer Console and create a Google Maps API V2 key. Do not associate it with a signature hash
    4. Patch!

Say thanks to Dman2009, who motivated me with a nice donation to provide this fix!
    Cobalt! That was money well spent. I suggest that everyone donate to Cobalt for the help he has given all of us. He has spent countless hours on making our BB10 devices better and more compatible. I'll download the new patcher now.

I know how to motivate you from now on...hehe!

Thank you!
    Last edited by dman2009; 04-13-16 at 03:43 AM.
    Uzi, cbosdell, Lusitano17 and 3 others like this.
    04-13-16 03:28 AM
    OK. I've now hit my "stupid" mark. What is Google Developer Console? I searched, found some links, but I don't have a clue what I'm looking at when I open the links.
    Also, what happens when decompile is checked but the apk cannot be rebuilt? Out of luck on that apk?
    04-13-16 04:52 AM
    Rebuilding may indeed be a problem on some apps. We can solve that with two approaches:

1. You use the latest apktool.jar
    2. I implement a binary patching method for AndroidManifest

Maybe first go with 1 and report if there are issues.

Google Dev console is here:
    https://console.developers.google.com
    04-13-16 05:25 AM
    Rebuilding may indeed be a problem on some apps. We can solve that with two approaches:

1. You use the latest apktool.jar
    2. I implement a binary patching method for AndroidManifest

Maybe first go with 1 and report if there are issues.

Google Dev console is here:
    https://console.developers.google.com
    Thanks Cobalt. That was the link I found when I searched. When I opened it all I saw, in big red letters, was "THAR BE MONSTERS HERE". I persevered. Creating a project I believe I created a key. Interesting that key can't be copied into a Gmail that I was sending to myself so I would have it handy.
    I'm assuming that is the key I will need. Now to find a apk that requires that key and can be decompiled and rebuilt.
    As for your other options....monsters exist. I don't have a clue what those are. Now on to searching for the answers and learn something new.
    04-13-16 06:20 AM
    PUBLIC BETA

Here is a new version of Play Services Patcher that allows to use a custom Google Maps API V2 key to display maps content in patched apps.

Setup:

Usage:
    1. Go to Google Developer Console or https://console.developers.google.com and create a Google Maps API V2 key. Do not associate it with a signature hash
    4. Patch!

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 06:23 AM
    Hi cobalt,
    I can't install Google play services in BlackBerry silver? Can u help please!!

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 06:46 AM
9,813 ... 228229230231232 ...