I was wondering if anyone has successfully patched any app that will work with Chromecast? I've patched LocalCast as well as PlayToChromecast wtih no success.
    Last edited by moonhacker; 04-08-16 at 10:40 AM.
    04-08-16 08:50 AM
    I patched the Uber Driver App on my Blackberry Classic running 10.3.2.2514, and now I have lost the map that shows location and surge overlay.

I can still accept rides, and have my rides tracked accurately, but I am "flying blind" in regard to the map that usually appears on the screen with the Uber Driver App is running.

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks,

Tom
    IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Google has informed me, that my Google Maps API V2 Key (which is used to enable Maps integration for all of you) is being used in a way that violates the terms of use. Currently, the key serves for more than 100'000 Maps requests a day, but that is not the problem. More of a problem is, that the key is being used in commercial apps that have been patched, and that violates the terms.

I have no other choice than shutting down access to the MAPS API V2 key. In other words, I'll kick in the kill switch.
    Access to Maps content will be disabled on March 13, 22:00 CET+1.

If you want to continue to use Google Maps integration in your patched apps, you MUST update Google Play Services to 8.4.89 Build4 (its on the first page). Remove the existing version of Google Play services before you install the new build. Do not update!

Thank you for your understanding.
    04-08-16 10:07 AM
    anyone able to get ESPN's Streak app to run without services? Patched version wont install. its not a huge concern since the app runs but annoying to say the least.
    04-08-16 10:13 AM
    I was wondering if anyone has successfully patched any app that will work with Chromecast? I've patched LocalCast as well as PlayToChromecast wtih no success.
    I have Netflix and Hulu working with Chromecast on my Passport. I believe YouTube as well, I haven't tried it but it shows the Chromecast symbol.
    04-08-16 11:07 AM
    I have Netflix and Hulu working with Chromecast on my Passport. I believe YouTube as well, I haven't tried it but it shows the Chromecast symbol.
    Is it going directly from the Netflix and Hulu to Chromecast or are you using an app to bridge?
    04-08-16 04:15 PM
    I have the Netflix, Hulu and Chromecast app. All Whitelisted and patched via Cobalt's apps.
    04-08-16 04:28 PM
    I uninstalled the Google play services, and reinstalled the new version. No change. Still a blank space on the Uber driver app where a map should be. very sad. What else do I need to do?

Tom

If you want to continue to use Google Maps integration in your patched apps, you MUST update Google Play Services to 8.4.89 Build4 (its on the first page). Remove the existing version of Google Play services before you install the new build. Do not update!

04-08-16 04:38 PM
    Thanks Cobalt for all your work in the android app allowance build, working perfect on my BB Passport

Run with the Best BlackBerry Passport

Ya Baby Posted via a Red BB Passport
    04-09-16 01:19 AM
    I uninstalled the Google play services, and reinstalled the new version. No change. Still a blank space on the Uber driver app where a map should be. very sad. What else do I need to do?

Tom

Installing 8498 will not make any difference.

Google Maps integration into other apps is no longer available through Cobalts work around.
    See Cobalts post #5572.

You are out of luck unless you are savvy enough to use the Google Dev tools to create a personal maps ap key
    04-09-16 03:44 AM
    Thaaaanks a bunch for all the efforts you've put there
    just got a question...
    google services are installed but not valid .. what can I do..?
    I cant login to chrome, youtube and some other google accounts!
    help please !?
    04-09-16 04:00 AM
    Umm. Uhh kinda awsome but if snapchat was one of them it would be great thx

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 04:09 AM
    Umm. Uhh kinda awsome but if snapchat was one of them it would be great thx

Posted via CB10
    Blame the developers of Snapchat. They won't allow it to work on BB10. No fault of Cobalt.
    gfondeur and DreadPirateRegan like this.
    04-09-16 05:37 AM
    By any chance, could you tell me how to uninstall apps? I installed snapchat from the play store, and because it didn't work I tried uninstalling through the play store. This caused the play store to crash. Next I tried through android settings. This also crashed!

Any help would be appreciated

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 08:02 AM
    Try: uninstall the unpatched Clash Royale from your phone, then install the patched Clash Royale.

In addition, if your phone is running OS 10.3.2.2876, post #1 of this thread might help: OS 10.3.2.2876 Android Runtime analysis
    Thanks. That cured the issued. I would have no clue about the Android issue if you had not posted it.

Cobalt, I would suggest you add the run time issue to the first post as I am sure other people are having this same issue.
    04-09-16 08:34 AM
    Alright, well unfortunately Clash Royale is still crashing when I install the patched app. Is there anyway to debug it to o see what is sgoing on?

I was missing the Whitelist step as it is not on the whitelist but that didn't cure the crashing.
    Last edited by Dredvard; 04-09-16 at 10:28 AM.
    04-09-16 09:27 AM
    Thanks. That cured the issued. I would have no clue about the Android issue if you had not posted it.

Cobalt, I would suggest you add the run time issue to the first post as I am sure other people are having this same issue.
    This runtime issue has been posted in several places in this forum. In fact it was posted on the "front page" of Crackberry: http://www.crackberry.com/if-youve-b...update-try-now
    gfondeur and Lusitano17 like this.
    04-09-16 09:32 AM
    I have the Netflix, Hulu and Chromecast app. All Whitelisted and patched via Cobalt's apps.
    Ok. I'll try that. Thanks!
    04-09-16 12:34 PM
    Blame the developers of Snapchat. They won't allow it to work on BB10. No fault of Cobalt.
    That's cause they are the worst types of frauds, they pretended not to be sell outs to Facebook yet google owns their he.nyhol.s, any app not made by google with the google play services tramp stamp is a sell out. Hate snapchat now, don't need it!...

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 07:34 PM
    Why won't Google play books work? Keeps wanting me to sign in using Google account manager. Which I am already signed into. When I sign in it just say it already exists on my device. Please help

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 09:54 PM
    Is an unpatched Google Play Services installed on your phone? First, uninstall it. Then, try again to install Cobalt's patched .apk.
    Nope. I don't think it's even possible to install unpatched Google Play Services on BlackBerry 10
    04-10-16 04:17 AM
    Why won't Google play books work? Keeps wanting me to sign in using Google account manager. Which I am already signed into. When I sign in it just say it already exists on my device. Please help

Posted via CB10
    Did you follow the instruction on the first Post (Page) of this thread?
    gfondeur likes this.
    04-10-16 09:14 AM
    Does Netflix have to be Whitelisted in order for it to work? I ask because I have the chromecast app patched and Netflix seems to work on my Passport but I can't get it to broadcast to my television. It acknowledges my chromecast but nothing beyond that. I'm going to Whitelist it tonight to see if that makes a difference but I didn't think it would effect the operation of the app is all.
    04-11-16 09:02 AM
    Does Netflix have to be Whitelisted in order for it to work? I ask because I have the chromecast app patched and Netflix seems to work on my Passport but I can't get it to broadcast to my television. It acknowledges my chromecast but nothing beyond that. I'm going to Whitelist it tonight to see if that makes a difference but I didn't think it would effect the operation of the app is all.
    Actually I didn't know if the unpatched apk of Netflix needs to be Whitelisted or not. I just do that as a matter of course with every Android app I install. Just remember that it is the unpatched apk that is Whitelisted, not the patched apk.
    04-11-16 11:28 AM
    Hey guys my first post on this thread...and I would lie to thank Cobalt for all his efforts on this Google stuff...so far whatever I patch works great....now today I want to patch the new Google maps v9.23..from 9.22 that is running great...so removing Old maps and reboot install the newer version I get the borders from maps but black screen...I don't know why this is happening now cause everything works fine... I tryed repatching it from scratch and sending back to my passport which was uploaded to dropbox... but still black screen...did I miss a post that this version won't work...?
    04-11-16 01:27 PM
    Hey guys my first post on this thread...and I would lie to thank Cobalt for all his efforts on this Google stuff...so far whatever I patch works great....now today I want to patch the new Google maps v9.23..from 9.22 that is running great...so removing Old maps and reboot install the newer version I get the borders from maps but black screen...I don't know why this is happening now cause everything works fine... I tryed repatching it from scratch and sending back to my passport which was uploaded to dropbox... but still black screen...did I miss a post that this version won't work...?
    If you are on OS 2876 and you haven't corrected the android runtime error that might be your problem...do you have difficulties with any other pre-installed apps? Read the following if it applies...

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...nguage=English

If the 2876 fix doesn't solve your issue then delete the patched GMAPS...reboot...repatch....reinstall.
    04-11-16 02:00 PM
9,813 ... 227228229230231 ...