For profits Google has to do as much as the law allow him. But Antitrust laws exists.

And probably Apple is still alive only because Ms rescued long time to avoid problems with government due acting as a monopolist.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 02:42 PM
    It's a PC app. It can't run on the device.
    LOL, sorry I guess we all need even the most basic of help sometime to get where we are going yet still funny.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 03:00 PM
    Sorry, but my Maps key was shut down by Google (well it was shut down by myself because Google contacted me). This is the end of the Google Maps integration.

What I can offer is the following:
    If anyone is willing to provide a valid Google Maps V2 API key, I will implement it into Play Services. You can create an MAPS API V2 key in the Google Developer console. Don't associate an app name or a signature with it, so that it can work with any app and any signature.

But just keep in mind, that Google will jump at you, because the key will be used by all patched apps. This is no problem for free-ware apps, but if an app has a commercial usage, the key is not allowed to be used. That's why they contacted me.
    I will do it with if I am led the way - hands down!
    Die hard BlackBerry slash libertarian here who believes allot of what these larger companies been doing to blackberry for years is a scandal as BB10 is better. Laugh it up it up but i'm not just spitting hot air here. They contacted you, hah! They are the Law now. I am about to boycott droid all together.

Read the book: Losing The Signal: The Spectacular Rise & Fall Of Blackberry.

They also have it in an audio book which I have both if anybody wants it. Here is the book:

https://app.box.com/s/6pbsgbbfhnqlnxwn6vd9exff7nxs8lyt

The audiobook, we'll, Box say is to large to copy over. Sorry!

-Catch22

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 03:11 PM
    Does it mean that google is charging to commercial software using the google maps services?

What the mean commercial? Any app generating profits?
    Does commercial also mean apps with google ads? (they are a huge percentage)

Did they offer any alternative/solution for BlackBerry community? They cannot blame on you or whoever else when they don't offer a solution. They are forcing users to hack

What would happen if google would decide don't offer google maps services for iphone and their users? I am sure the american law will forbid this action.

Thank u Cobalt (we need you more than ever)

Posted via CB10
    The Big guys love to try to instill "fear" although seems didn't work with cobalt thank God. Also, did anybody notice every damn app in google play anymore with a Great review and massive downloads regardless of its function (even the offer up Craig mobile like site) requires google services to run! They let it be open source to get people do the hard work, steal it, then they close it down by requiring play services for all the great apps! If that's not intentional I dunno what is. I won't use any devs crap that tramp stamps their apps and still here Blackberry even though at the moment ya being a Sl.ut with your priv..
    A.k.a ya privates!...

Take a shower and let's get back to business!.. BB10.

It's funny in the days of froyo they allowed whatever, soon as the people are there as the people "make stuff what it is" then they wanna lock down markets and get "funny" screw you droid and google maps. Heard yandex got it going on although never tested it but would make sense as Russia is always right behind us however America may be missing from their naps. LOL!

Once people feel pushed and trapped into something is when they start looking for other stuff even if they think there is little hiccups, that's why blackberry, sail fish, etc exist.
    Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 03:20 PM
    I can't quit BlackBerry but I can quit BB10.
    Even though I hate android I'll get the priv just for the sake of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Im with you.its so hard to leave BlackBerry, its so unique.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 07:10 PM
    +1
    I finally decided to move from just using Snap, and none of the links on page 1 will install. I assume it crashes when it goes from the install page, to checking the app, to back to the install page.

BTW, I had removed my previous version of Google play. ( I still have the Cobolt android settings app installed.)
    03-28-16 07:29 PM
    +1
    I finally decided to move from just using Snap, and none of the links on page 1 will install. I assume it crashes when it goes from the install page, to checking the app, to back to the install page.

BTW, I had removed my previous version of Google play. ( I still have the Cobolt android settings app installed.)
    Delete EVERYTHING , reboot device and start fresh with the page 1 links.
    Just curious...are you on OS 2876? If so that may be your problem, unless you corrected your ART with the patch available in BBW.

Sine stercore tauri
    03-28-16 09:59 PM
    Hi guys,
    I really want to get a passport, but I need to be able to play an adnroid game on it
    can someone please try to launch the puzzles and dragons game on it?
    Last edited by Tiago Antunes; 03-29-16 at 05:19 AM.
    03-29-16 05:04 AM
    Hi guys,
    I really want to get a passport, but I need to be able to play an adnroid game on it
    can someone please try to launch the puzzles and dragons game on it?
    Even if it works today, it may not work tomorrow. Do not base your purchase decision on whether or not a specific Android app will work.
    gfondeur, pepe68 and dreden86 like this.
    03-29-16 05:50 AM
    Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20160329_171845.png
    Why this error comes whenever i tried to download something for play store

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 06:51 AM
    Even if it works today, it may not work tomorrow. Do not base your purchase decision on whether or not a specific Android app will work.
    I guess it really depends on what Android apps are important to a user or buyer that aren't available on Amazon or BBW. There are a couple of apps, banking app for one, thanks to Cobalt's work, that will run on my Passport that I use on a daily basis. The web version doesn't offer some of the features that the apps does that I want.
    I wonder how long I would have kept my Passport if those apps didn't work on it.
    DreadPirateRegan and gfondeur like this.
    03-29-16 06:57 AM
    I guess it really depends on what Android apps are important to a user or buyer that aren't available on Amazon or BBW. There are a couple of apps, banking app for one, thanks to Cobalt's work, that will run on my Passport that I use on a daily basis. The web version doesn't offer some of the features that the apps does that I want.
    I wonder how long I would have kept my Passport if those apps didn't work on it.
    Ofc (:

So if the app is on amazon it should work? there are one called 'Puzzle & Dragons (Kindle Tablet Edition)'
    03-29-16 07:06 AM
    In as much as i love Blackberry and having recently acquire a passport --- Having followed step by step procedures through hacks ... and then nothing works.. i dont know .. its just frustrating.. in regards to installation of Androind apps .. skype,uber ... sigh
    03-29-16 07:17 AM
    Sorry, but my Maps key was shut down by Google (well it was shut down by myself because Google contacted me). This is the end of the Google Maps integration.

What I can offer is the following:
    If anyone is willing to provide a valid Google Maps V2 API key, I will implement it into Play Services. You can create an MAPS API V2 key in the Google Developer console. Don't associate an app name or a signature with it, so that it can work with any app and any signature.

But just keep in mind, that Google will jump at you, because the key will be used by all patched apps. This is no problem for free-ware apps, but if an app has a commercial usage, the key is not allowed to be used. That's why they contacted me.
    Makes sense and thanks for the explaintion, I noticed the same issue on the Google "My Maps" app. Everything works it just doesn't show a map (which is kinda key). Is there a way to implement some sort of input or "ini" file for the Google patcher to allow custom keys in the event keys get frequently locked or to use your own private key to help minimise it's use and personally control which apps you use it on?
    03-29-16 07:22 AM
    Ofc (:

So if the app is on amazon it should work? there are one called 'Puzzle & Dragons (Kindle Tablet Edition)'
    The only sure way to know is give it a try.
    03-29-16 07:44 AM
    Ofc (:

Maybe for now. If it ever requires an update to a version of Android that BB10 doesn't support, then you're out of luck.
    03-29-16 10:46 AM
    I am on OS 10.3.2.2876 and I had applied Colbalt's patch, and then the official BB patch. This morning I let the Software Update run, and now it works. I assume I'm back on that crappy Android version which won't delete android apps, but who knows, since BB didn't update the release version.
    03-29-16 12:57 PM
    Successful install, google account manager, BB google ID, play services, whitelist, now they all crash on launch.

In fact, now all my android apps crash... WTF?!?

Whooops! My fault, a reboot and now they seem to work...

Phone OS's .... all of them are cr*p. Why? QNX is the best thing since sliced bread but without the apps I want, I need to load Android versions. That it they in their own sandbox is fantastic, that Google wants to sell my data, track me around the world, both physical and internet and BB is trying to keep that from happening scr*ws us over...

Hey BBry! let us connect to Google Play, and give us the overrides to let us block the tracking.... works for me.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    03-29-16 01:06 PM
    Hi Richard i read you solved your google calendar problem!!! I'am stucking with the message " Google Play services are needed but not supported by your device"! I think all is made well ( patched , whitelist etc. ) but no success! Have you got any idea what can be wrong?? Thank you for your suopport! kind regrds galetto
    03-29-16 02:58 PM
    I've recently updated some apps that required patching and some of them stopped working, like this app called forza football, it asks for google play services even though it is patched and I have installed the latest play services from the first post. And the other one I've tried and stopped working is tinder, it just wont search. I've deleted, repatched and reinstalled everything a few times now and nothing. Does this mean that patching is now longer an option?
    Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20160329_235711.pngCobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20160329_235323.png
    03-29-16 10:03 PM
    No it mean that there will be more Android App that will not work on a Blackberry. No matter what.
    03-29-16 10:17 PM
    I've recently updated some apps that required patching and some of them stopped working, like this app called forza football, it asks for google play services even though it is patched and I have installed the latest play services from the first post. And the other one I've tried and stopped working is tinder, it just wont search. I've deleted, repatched and reinstalled everything a few times now and nothing. Does this mean that patching is now longer an option?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160329_235711.png 
Views:	797 
Size:	137.7 KB 
ID:	395660Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160329_235323.png 
Views:	801 
Size:	136.0 KB 
ID:	395661
    Check Forza and patched it..it is working well for me. Suggest you delete all Cobalts files and reinstall. Delete all your patched files and repatch�
    If you are on 2876 OS upgrade with the BBW patch...reboot device and install patched files.

Ps..never update a patched app..screws everything up.

Sine stercore tauri
    03-30-16 12:53 AM
    Check Forza and patched it..it is working well for me. Suggest you delete all Cobalts files and reinstall. Delete all your patched files and repatch…
    If you are on 2876 OS upgrade with the BBW patch...reboot device and install patched files.

Ps..never update a patched app..screws everything up.

Sine stercore tauri
    Funny thing: did everything again last night and suddenly it started working. If someone finds the same problem, my solution was to do as you say install the BBW BlackBerry Runtime update, reboot, install all cobalt's files and I think I used the okd GMaps Patcher (1.3 instead of 1.4) after that, installed the apps in question and even though I got the same Google Play popup at first, I left it to load and it went on well. Same with the tinder app.
    I'd never had a problem updating patched apps, but I see now that you're right. I could well hold on to that impulse now.
    Thanks for your help
    Lusitano17 likes this.
    03-30-16 07:44 AM
    I am on OS 10.3.2.2876 and I had applied Colbalt's patch, and then the official BB patch. This morning I let the Software Update run, and now it works. I assume I'm back on that crappy Android version which won't delete android apps, but who knows, since BB didn't update the release version.
    What is cobalts patch and BlackBerry patch??

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 09:00 AM
    What is cobalts patch and BlackBerry patch??
    Colbalt's patch: see "QUICK FIX" in post #1 of thread OS 10.3.2.2876 Android Runtime analysis
    Note: it should be called "Conite's patch" because he developed the solution

official BB patch: see "RESOLUTION" in article Unable to uninstall Android applications after updating to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.2
    Last edited by eywong; 03-30-16 at 09:32 AM.
    03-30-16 09:16 AM
9,813 ... 222223224225226 ...