Trying to install patches, etc as per instructions to access googleplay store but when l try to login (after downloading apk file in step 1 and opening the file, and get the screen to add a google account), i get error message of "there was a problem communicating with google servers" each time. I tried logging in with existing account as well as creating a new one but same problem each time. My password is typed in correctly because it works otherwise.
    03-16-16 12:28 AM
    I have Google play store I've install and uninstalled with no problems,

No problem when installing it,

Just get the latest apk( Google play)

Get blackberry Google I'd, and Google account.

And sign it register your blackberry and that's it

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 02:52 AM
    Face10 is what I am using

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 02:53 AM
    "1. Install the full Cobalt Stack (all of my apps)
    2. Uninstall the existing Clash of Clans
    3. Patch Clash of Clans with Play Services Patcher
    4. Install the patched vesion and then connect your village with the code that your received from Supercell"

Do i need google play to get my BoomBeach base back with the code from SuperCell?
    03-16-16 03:35 AM
    Thanks for the software.
    Other way to donate?
    03-16-16 08:39 AM
    I have Google Account and Goodle ID. I have trouble accessing the server with Google Account (error message). I had downloaded the newest Googleplay from theirbwebsitr but everytime I tried to update existing apps, GP would give an error message and close.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 08:46 AM
    Read the first post
    gfondeur likes this.
    03-16-16 09:13 AM
    Cobalt232 sorry to bother you, I know that you are busy, but I want to take a doubt. When I install Dungeon Hunter 5 on my Z10, I can choose the character, but then the app closes itself. I have other great games installed and all run perfectly. Just do not understand why this game (made for android 4.3 or higher) does not run on my Z10 (10.3.2.2836 STL100-2). Is there any specific apk? Appreciate your help
    03-16-16 09:17 AM
    Cobalt232 sorry to bother you, I know that you are busy, but I want to take a doubt. When I install Dungeon Hunter 5 on my Z10, I can choose the character, but then the app closes itself. I have other great games installed and all run perfectly. Just do not understand why this game (made for android 4.3 or higher) does not run on my Z10 (10.3.2.2836 STL100-2). Is there any specific apk? Appreciate your help
    There is no way to run this game it isn't available in playstore for this device with ART that BB10 have.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 10:33 AM
    Can we maybe get someone at BlackBerry to hire Cobalt? He can likely save BlackBerry. The other developers seem to have zero clue how to deal with proper customer service.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 03:14 PM
    New versions will be available in March.
    Cobalts Mobile Apps .apk for developer options?

My BlackBerry world was not working and before realized my wifi was in and out I used Cobalts developer options (called mobile network) and within apps you see this which I initially thought was blackberry world now think it does something else? Anyway, I force stopped it thinking will re enable itself once fixed but now it always looks like this as in the force stop is ALWAYS a dull washed out un-clickable useless button now! Did I break something? What does this do, send me alerts through droid apps or? Any help appreciated it, I can't find any of the Google play hub messages or droid apps like voxer (black notifications) that u can click and play right from the hub, not sure if it's that, super frustrated as not even sure I broke anything yet, confusing. I doubt cobalt will even see this even hopefully somebody else knows!

You see how even though BlackBerry World is working now as had nuttin to do with this it is not going back to being clickable regardless of what I do, I even said three Hail Mary's! How to re-enable it unless it isn't even broken?

A Picture says a thousand words:

Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-via-cobalts-developer-mode.jpg

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows if I broke something or what this does as its not BBW so then it can help me understand what I did... why it won't come back from being un-clickable I do not get it. HELP! It can't be fore stopped anymore twenty reboots later it's just like you see.

Anybody know what this does?
    Version 4.3-player-2.0.0_dev.eng.SER

So I know if I broke it's function?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 04:25 PM
    Looks like this is the Android runtime.
    03-16-16 04:32 PM
    Looks like this is the Android runtime.
    Thanks for speedy response Cobalt! I did it via your mobile apps like an ***** as in I force closed it, if go to mobile apps scroll over to ALL you will see it. If it is runtime and my droid apps are running, I'm good? It's not in its own disabled category. I dunno why the force close stays unable to ever to be clicked again after the first time? Was just hoping (still am!) It is not nothing to do with the way droid apps communicate with the hub or updates as well as get red dots over the icons for notifications, etc....

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 04:44 PM
    Thanks for speedy response Cobalt! I did it via your mobile apps like an ***** as in I force closed it, if go to mobile apps scroll over to ALL you will see it. If it is runtime and my droid apps are running, I'm good? It's not in its own disabled category. I dunno why the force close stays unable to ever to be clicked again after the first time? Was just hoping (still am!) It is not nothing to do with the way droid apps communicate with the hub or updates as well as get red dots over the icons for notifications, etc....

Posted via CB10
    Please nobody replicate this there is no fix to get toggle back although trying to re run slash open the run time from BBW now as on passport se.. see if that gets me toggle back as of now do not think causing any issues but to be on safe side I say Nobody do it!!

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 05:04 PM
    Thank you cobalt232 for making play store work on my Q10.

Posted with Q10 via CB10
    03-16-16 05:19 PM
    Cobalts Mobile Apps .apk for developer options?

My BlackBerry world was not working and before realized my wifi was in and out I used Cobalts developer options (called mobile network) and within apps you see this which I initially thought was blackberry world now think it does something else? Anyway, I force stopped it thinking will re enable itself once fixed but now it always looks like this as in the force stop is ALWAYS a dull washed out un-clickable useless button now! Did I break something? What does this do, send me alerts through droid apps or? Any help appreciated it, I can't find any of the Google play hub messages or droid apps like voxer (black notifications) that u can click and play right from the hub, not sure if it's that, super frustrated as not even sure I broke anything yet, confusing. I doubt cobalt will even see this even hopefully somebody else knows!

You see how even though BlackBerry World is working now as had nuttin to do with this it is not going back to being clickable regardless of what I do, I even said three Hail Mary's! How to re-enable it unless it isn't even broken?

A Picture says a thousand words:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	via cobalts developer mode.jpg 
Views:	1134 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	394412

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows if I broke something or what this does as its not BBW so then it can help me understand what I did... why it won't come back from being un-clickable I do not get it. HELP! It can't be fore stopped anymore twenty reboots later it's just like you see.

Anybody know what this does?
    Version 4.3-player-2.0.0_dev.eng.SER

So I know if I broke it's function?

Posted via CB10
    I know it looks like that, however it isn't that. Anything you do with the system apps in the Android Settings does nothing. Jack diddly squat. The Android Runtime is sandboxed, meaning it can't affect the actual OS. It may be a glitch with BlackBerry World, but not because of that. I have even disabled BlackBerry World on Android Settings, and then opened it up, with no problems.

Z10 STL100-3/10.3.2.2876
    gfondeur and DreadPirateRegan like this.
    03-16-16 06:40 PM
    I believe that it's the Android trigger receiver for intents that are sent by Android apps to open bbw. If you disable it, Android ports may no longer be able to open bbw.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    03-17-16 01:23 AM
    I believe that it's the Android trigger receiver for intents that are sent by Android apps to open bbw. If you disable it, Android ports may no longer be able to open bbw.
    Cobalt, what would be best way to test it's functionality fast? Something I can do easily to test it?...

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 01:31 AM
    I know it looks like that, however it isn't that. Anything you do with the system apps in the Android Settings does nothing. Jack diddly squat. The Android Runtime is sandboxed, meaning it can't affect the actual OS. It may be a glitch with BlackBerry World, but not because of that. I have even disabled BlackBerry World on Android Settings, and then opened it up, with no problems.

Z10 STL100-3/10.3.2.2876
    I really do believe this but with my OCD any easy way to test Cobalts theory of what it is as in that the function he believes it is, is still working. Thanks!!

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 01:32 AM
    I don't believe that you can disable it in the first place.
    03-17-16 01:47 AM
    I don't believe that you can disable it in the first place.
    Cool, agree!

However toggle on that particular Is gone but I disabled it also for ****s and giggles afterwards (yes I have big ones to go with my 4.5 inch PP!) and it let me re enable just fine however force stop leaves the button slash toggle never to be able to be pressed again. Also just remembered when u have something disabled it shows within your mobile developer app as the very last option when scrolling to the right by swiping to the left and I have no disabled apps so yeah, I think I am good to go. Thanks everybody, love CB and BB as well as my PP!

Off topic: so sad to finally get confirmation I think we all were leaning towards it anyway BUT as the new BBW facebook app update is garbage, Web based no integration with hub, wow! Throwing in the towel on BB10 when it's finally nearly if not fully polished and the best OS by far of any other mobile platform! I hope devs like you cobalt and nemory, etc can keep us alive as long as possible. I nay jump in the game here with a little idea I have.

Thanks for all of your help, will donate again soon.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 02:39 AM
    I believe that

Z10 STL100-3/10.3.2.2876
    03-17-16 06:30 AM
    Maybe this is a dumb question, but how come I have never needed to patch the apps I download from Google play after installing all of Cobalt's apps. CoC works with no issues.
    Some app give the message the I need Google Play, but still work when I dismiss the message.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 07:24 AM
    Maybe this is a dumb question, but how come I have never needed to patch the apps I download from Google play after installing all of Cobalt's apps. CoC works with no issues.
    Some app give the message the I need Google Play, but still work when I dismiss the message.

Posted via CB10
    You don't need to patch CoC unless you want to log into Google+ to save your progress.

Sometimes you can simply ignore the Google Play Services warning, but often times you can't.
    gfondeur likes this.
    03-17-16 08:08 AM
    You don't need to patch CoC unless you want to log into Google+ to save your progress.

Sometimes you can simply ignore the Google Play Services warning, but often times you can't.
    I've logged into Google Games to restore my game. And I didn't need to patch.

Hmmm, guess I'm lucky

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 08:30 AM
9,813 ... 210211212213214 ...