What all needs to be included in the CoC backup? Do you need to include the Device Settings and Local Contacts/Calendar Date and the Include application executables. I just want to make sure that I am backing everything up correctly so that I can reload over top of the patched version. thanks in advance for any help in this.
    03-15-16 09:12 AM
    What all needs to be included in the CoC backup? Do you need to include the Device Settings and Local Contacts/Calendar Date and the Include application executables. I just want to make sure that I am backing everything up correctly so that I can reload over top of the patched version. thanks in advance for any help in this.
    If you're wiping, then you need to include the CoC app (of course), and the "BlackBerry Runtime" component (it's one of the check boxes in Link).

If you're just switching from non-patched to patched, without wiping in between, you only need the CoC app backup.
    03-15-16 09:18 AM
    Everything continues to work with GPS build 4.previously patched apps are not affected.
    I don't have a clue what you did exactly. What ever it was I have noticed that several of my patched Android apps are working a lot better. Maybe it is my imagination but slow downs, premature closings, and other annoying behaviors have stopped.
    So thanks.
    03-15-16 11:59 AM
    I don't have a clue what you did exactly. What ever it was I have noticed that several of my patched Android apps are working a lot better. Maybe it is my imagination but slow downs, premature closings, and other annoying behaviors have stopped.
    So thanks.
    Wish I could say the same.

I'm feeling the pain of the deleted API key.
    Despite installing build 4 I now have lost the gmaps integration in my patched flight radar app.
    Oddly It no longer functions at all on my z30 and I've lost satellite mode on my PP.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 12:24 PM
    GMaps on its own is working fine for me, but GMaps integration within other apps no longer works.
    03-15-16 12:40 PM
    GMaps on its own is working fine for me, but GMaps integration within other apps no longer works.
    Unless I misinterpreted Cobalt's post, I was under the impression that previously patched apps would continue to work.

Guess I might be moving to Priv sooner than expected. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 12:48 PM
    IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Google has informed me, that my Google Maps API V2 Key (which is used to enable Maps integration for all of you) is being used in a way that violates the terms of use. Currently, the key serves for more than 100'000 Maps requests a day, but that is not the problem. More of a problem is, that the key is being used in commercial apps that have been patched, and that violates the terms.

I have no other choice than shutting down access to the MAPS API V2 key. In other words, I'll kick in the kill switch.
    Access to Maps content will be disabled on March 13, 22:00 CET+1.

If you want to continue to use Google Maps integration in your patched apps, you MUST update Google Play Services to 8.4.89 Build4 (its on the first page). Remove the existing version of Google Play services before you install the new build. Do not update!

Thank you for your understanding.
    More than an update, we have to downgrade.... but I don't undestand..... no more updates then? last will be 8.4.89 build 4?
    Also, don't understand that thing about the api. is our patched google play going to stop working? I have problems to load the aps, also. also sometimes apps closes suddenly, and can't open facebook, it closes suddenly last few days....
    03-15-16 12:50 PM
    Why to think I hv asked. I want the answere eagerly so I thought to post this in cobalt's page

Posted via CB10
    Stick to one thread and make sure it's a related question. Your WiFi tethering query was appropriately answered...no need to hijack this area.

Posted via CB10
    Smokeaire and gfondeur like this.
    03-15-16 01:46 PM
    Google maps zoom does not work

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 01:50 PM
    GPS build 4 spoofs the genuine google maps key. So all apps identify themselves as Google maps. That should work to display map content.

Be sure that you removed build 3 before installing build 4.
    03-15-16 01:59 PM
    damn I hate the new update of FB10 in browser mode??? come on..

BlackBerry z10
    03-15-16 02:01 PM
    Hi, anybody is having Working Google + apk..i patched it but no use . Thanks for the help

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 02:06 PM
    How did to patch it? It only works if patched with Play Services Patcher.
    03-15-16 02:08 PM
    Thanks cobalt, I tried with luckypatcher. With all your dependent files.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 02:12 PM
    Google play dosn't open .. it was working before I delet it by mistake and reinstall it!! It stuck on this I try to reinstall the app but it still the same I try an older version amd it work but v6 didn't open
    Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20160315_211252.png

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 02:15 PM
    Wish I could say the same.

I'm feeling the pain of the deleted API key.
    Despite installing build 4 I now have lost the gmaps integration in my patched flight radar app.
    Oddly It no longer functions at all on my z30 and I've lost satellite mode on my PP.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't check any Gmaps integration. I guess none of the apps I saw improvements in (or think I do) require Gmaps. I'll have to check that out later.
    03-15-16 02:45 PM
    I didn't check any Gmaps integration. I guess none of the apps I saw improvements in (or think I do) require Gmaps. I'll have to check that out later.
    Apart from the integration issues in flight radar all other patched apps remain solid.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 03:11 PM
    Same situation here. I went so far as to even security wipe and reinstalled the files from a clean slate. Same result - the integrated maps just don't appear.
    03-15-16 07:43 PM
    Apart from the integration issues in flight radar all other patched apps remain solid.

Posted via CB10
    Life360 is the integrated map that's failed for me.
    03-15-16 07:45 PM
    don't want to bug people but anyone know why try to play live video inside a app the app would just crash. MLB At Bat
    03-15-16 07:45 PM
    Google play dosn't open .. it was working before I delet it by mistake and reinstall it!! It stuck on this I try to reinstall the app but it still the same I try an older version amd it work but v6 didn't open
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160315_211252.png 
Views:	978 
Size:	6.1 KB 
ID:	394300

Posted via CB10
    I'm in the same boat... but a previous question I asked is still pending.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 07:49 PM
    Can't seem to download anything from the first post's links.

Are they down?
    03-15-16 08:45 PM
    Can't seem to download anything from the first post's links.

Are they down?
    I would imagine Cobalt's pages are getting hit pretty hard. If you get the connection time out error just click the link within the error page. Your download will begin - maybe.
    03-15-16 08:56 PM
    Facebook won't take username / password, I installed all eight APK's. What am I doing wrong?
    03-15-16 09:51 PM
    Facebook won't take username / password, I installed all eight APK's. What am I doing wrong?
    Recent versions of Android Facebook do not work on BB10. With the new api changes, the old ones may no longer work either soon. I would recommend Face10 or the mobile website.
    ryan mcgaw and arhcangel like this.
    03-15-16 10:06 PM
9,813 ... 209210211212213 ...