Thanks Cobalt for this great work, really appreciate it!

I�v got an issue with Google Maps, it�s crashing when I start it.

1) Went through instructions on 1st page
    2) patched the GPS with Patcher 1.4 --> installed it
    3) patched Google Maps from apkmirror --> installed it (also checked, there was no Maps installed before)
    it starts and crashes some seconds later without an error message.

What I�m doing wrong?

Using Z10, STL100-2, 10.3.2.2836

thx!
    03-09-16 09:49 AM
    I'm still fairly new at this myself, but I don't think you need to patch GPS; think that's already been modified so just install it.

Anybody else?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 09:58 AM
    I'm still fairly new at this myself, but I don't think you need to patch GPS; think that's already been modified so just install it.

Anybody else?

Posted via CB10
    I also tried the way without patching GPS... same thing
    03-09-16 10:10 AM
    I was experiencing the same as you Vasily - got mine working, but still, partly - I cannot swipe the map or zoom in/out - any clues guys?

Seems the API is not working in Google Maps dependant apps.
    03-09-16 10:23 AM
    I was experiencing the same as you Vasily - got mine working, but still, partly - I cannot swipe the map or zoom in/out - any clues guys?

Seems the API is not working in Google Maps dependant apps.
    How you got it to work?
    03-09-16 10:35 AM
    Well, it was a matter or a few attempts - you need to make sure that Google Maps are removed EVERYWHERE - including Google Play, Android Settings (Mobile Network = Cobalt), BB App manager etc. I've installed GMaps from Snap first, then removed them, and installed the patched version - I had the same issue like you at the beginning (STL100-1, which has issues with GMaps - see the previous posts), but all in all they managed to start properly. Give it a try
    03-09-16 10:38 AM
    hi anyone try play PvsZ 2 on z10? i install full Cobalt Stack app in page1 and patched PvsZ 2 with Play Services Patcher but error: download failed because the resources could not be found. plz help. thanksss
    anybody help
    03-09-16 10:46 AM
    Google Play Services 8.7.03 now available. The downloadlink in the first post has been updated.
    03-09-16 11:59 AM
    Google Play Services 8.7.03 now available. The downloadlink in the first post has been updated.
    Thanks Cobalt

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 12:27 PM
    How to install it? Remove previous and install or can we update?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 01:01 PM
    I always remove old version before installing new one.
    03-09-16 01:26 PM
    I always remove old version before installing new one.
    Something new I notice after I delete previous GPS a whitelist stays untouched. It's really good.

I tried install latest version Clash of Clans that many people report and complain about its working with new GPS and GPG but Clash Royale latest version 1.2.3 crashes after it lunch on main screen. I will try restart my device maybe that will help because I didn't do it yet after new GPS. Did you know something about Clash Royale Cobalt?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 01:35 PM
    Did not try it, will have to check.
    03-09-16 01:51 PM
    Yeah sadly clash royale is still crashing.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 02:29 PM
    Google Play Store. Patched version 6.0.0 is broken.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 04:00 PM
    Google Play Store. Patched version 6.0.0 is broken.

Posted via CB10
    Have same issue I thought I'm the only one and I deleted everything from phone and install everything's again after restart I found it out that play store stuck on white screen!!!

ATTENTION : DO NOT UPDATE GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES YOUR PLAY STORE WILL NOT WORK!!

I did some research and Latest Play Store are connected somehow with new GPS even people who has android phone had difficulty with this, my point is everything needed to be in latest version GPS, GPG and Play Store. We need to wait for Cobalt respond.
    03-09-16 04:05 PM
    Bad, very bad. But I can confirm. Will look into it.
    blakobecwa likes this.
    03-09-16 04:37 PM

Anybody else?

Posted via CB10
    If you read the first post thoroughly then you should see this: "DO NOT PATCH ANY OF THE APPS THAT YOU DOWNLOAD FROM THIS PAGE. THEY ARE PREPATCHED AND READY TO INSTALL!" (Cobalt)
    gfondeur likes this.
    03-09-16 04:49 PM
    Again, you da man Cobalt, i'm sure you'll figure it out.
    03-09-16 04:53 PM
    Have same issue I thought I'm the only one and I deleted everything from phone and install everything's again after restart I found it out that play store stuck on white screen!!!

ATTENTION : DO NOT UPDATE GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES YOUR PLAY STORE WILL NOT WORK!!

I did some research and Latest Play Store are connected somehow with new GPS even people who has android phone had difficulty with this, my point is everything needed to be in latest version GPS, GPG and Play Store. We need to wait for Cobalt respond.
    Okay it could be but... I do think that the Play Services isn't the issue right now. I mean the Play Store version 6.0.0 for BlackBerry10 devices is very outdated lately somehow. And that doesn't seems to match with the newest patched version of the Play Services.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 05:27 PM
    I mean exactly same Play Store 6.0 didn't match with latest GPS, so to work everything need to be latest version.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 06:06 PM
    Bad, very bad. But I can confirm. Will look into it.
    Cobalt ,
    I managed to get Play Store to work with new GPS 8.7.03. What I did was to keep Play Store open while installing the new GPS on top of the old (rather than deleting it before).
    03-09-16 06:13 PM
    Cobalt ,
    I managed to get Play Store to work with new GPS 8.7.03. What I did was to keep Play Store open while installing the new GPS on top of the old (rather than deleting it before).
    And if you switch off and restart Play Store, What happens next after that?

Does or doesn't it work correctly in your opinion?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 06:17 PM
    It works as before. I've closed and opened Play Store at least 7 or 8 times. Each time was successful and it seems that all the functionality is there.
    03-09-16 06:24 PM
    It works as before. I've closed and opened Play Store at least 7 or 8 times. Each time was successful and it seems that all the functionality is there.
    1. In what way did you install the GP Services (The newest version) in the beginning?

You updated the newest version over the previous version or you removed the previous version first and then you install the newest version afterwards?

2. Did you also restarted your BB10 device often and opened the GP Store multiple times?

What kind of BB10 device do you have it now and does or doesn't it work after testing it?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 06:46 PM
9,813 ... 203204205206207 ...