This is awesome, will I be able to get updates on all apps?
    02-16-16 04:52 PM
    This is awesome, will I be able to get updates on all apps?
    Yes you get all the updates but any apps you patched will need to be patched again. If you have any question Pm me. Oh surprise you don't already have the Priv.
    02-16-16 05:35 PM
    Yes you get all the updates but any apps you patched will need to be patched again. If you have any question Pm me. Oh surprise you don't already have the Priv.
    Thanks, I think the only thing I'm having problems with is Google maps, other than that all apps are working. Maybe a bit slow but I'm sure it's because it's just "settling in"......I'll hit you up if I have any more questions

Posted via CB10 with z30
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    02-16-16 05:54 PM
    Thanks, I think the only thing I'm having problems with is Google maps, other than that all apps are working. Maybe a bit slow but I'm sure it's because it's just "settling in"......I'll hit you up if I have any more questions

Posted via CB10 with z30
    Cool make sure you do a hard rest. That should fix any issues. Patching app took me a bit to understand and have it down packed now.
    02-16-16 06:21 PM
    Rosebud, I did a hard reset ( powered down phone) and I still get this :
    Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20160216_193415.png

Posted via CB10 with z30
    02-16-16 06:38 PM
    Looks like I need a patch for it.

Posted via CB10 with z30
    02-16-16 07:24 PM
    Looks like I need a patch for it.

Posted via CB10 with z30
    Patch will not work. Had a working app and just to test this I deleted (uninstalled) the Google map, deleted the APK file in file manager under download and rebooted the phone. After a few minutes to let the phone settle I installed google map and sure enough Black screen as other have posted.
    So deleted again as before waited a few minute and reinstalled the maps but this time I patched it then installed. Same results Black screen. The only difference is yesterday I downloaded Google service.
    02-16-16 08:41 PM
    Damn, so now you have a black screen. I'll keep looking out I this thread to see what's the solution
    02-16-16 08:43 PM
    Any one know a good transit app for public transportation? I am having the hardest time with the Google play services apk and I need a transit app desperately. Thanks....

Posted via CB10
    Moovit, seems like it doesn't need Google Play Services, well it didn't the last time I used it

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 10:07 PM
    Hi Cobalt
    Re installing Google service would not compromise privacy which is the reason why RIM has taken them off on th first place?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 02-17-16 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Excessively long quoted post
    02-17-16 03:19 AM
    Hi Cobalt
    Re installing Google service would not compromise privacy which is the reason why RIM has taken them off on th first place?

Posted via CB10
    Has nothing to do with privacy, not being part of the Open Handset Alliance BlackBerry isn't allowed to use them in BB10. I'm not aware if this has changed, but it definitely was the case at BB10's debut.
    02-17-16 03:44 AM
    Damn, so now you have a black screen. I'll keep looking out I this thread to see what's the solution
    Try an earlier version of Google Maps. The latest GMaps might require an update of Android Runtime that Blackberry just won't be providing, and I'm not referring to the fix.
    02-17-16 03:52 AM
    I'm also suffering from the same pain.

Getting a little sick of having to mod my software all the time. Don't get me wrong...I do like to tinker around but this is just getting plain ridiculous. With every update to Android apps comes another workaround. It happened with my Rogers NHL app and now Google Maps. Just don't have the time to do this anymore.

Really do need to change my device to regrettably Android
    02-17-16 11:22 AM
    I'm also suffering from the same pain.

Getting a little sick of having to mod my software all the time. Don't get me wrong...I do like to tinker around but this is just getting plain ridiculous. With every update to Android apps comes another workaround. It happened with my Rogers NHL app and now Google Maps. Just don't have the time to do this anymore.

Really do need to change my device to regrettably Android
    It's worth it. It's not like we're doing advanced programming here. Cobalt has made it extremely easy and user friendly to patch our apps. It's well worth the small effort to allow us to use BB10 more efficiently. As of now, there's nothing I can't do on my passport that I can do on an android.

Posted via CB10
    spiculated and gfondeur like this.
    02-17-16 12:32 PM
    It's worth it. It's not like we're doing advanced programming here. Cobalt has made it extremely easy and user friendly to patch our apps. It's well worth the small effort to allow us to use BB10 more efficiently. As of now, there's nothing I can't do on my passport that I can do on an android.

Posted via CB10
    I agree that it's not that much work but there is still no fix or patch to the Rogers NHL app that will allow me to watch my hockey games. Guess what I'm really disappointed in is that the Android runtime needs updating and I think my Z30 has reached its EOL.

Besides....I'm starting to get Android notifications in my hub in which tapping the notification does absolutely nothing to open the application.

Don't want to sound like a complainer but I'm just slightly irritated this week as all of this appears to be happening all at once.

Posted on My BlackBerry Z30
    02-17-16 12:40 PM
    I agree that it's not that much work but there is still no fix or patch to the Rogers NHL app that will allow me to watch my hockey games. Guess what I'm really disappointed in is that the Android runtime needs updating and I think my Z30 has reached its EOL.

Not that your other concerns are not valid, but I'm watching just fine on patched Rogers NHL. V2.0.5 from Google Play Store.
    gfondeur likes this.
    02-17-16 12:41 PM
    Not that your other concerns are not valid, but I'm watching just fine on patched Rogers NHL. V2.0.5 from Google Play Store.
    Working on a Z30??? Patched with Lucky??? No notification nags?? Hmmmmmmm must hear more....

02-17-16 12:48 PM
    I feel your pain.
    02-17-16 12:56 PM
    Working on a Z30??? Patched with Lucky??? No notification nags?? Hmmmmmmm must hear more....

You can't use Lucky Patcher. It's been rather useless for months. You need to use Play Services Patcher on your PC.
    gfondeur likes this.
    02-17-16 01:04 PM
    It was indeed easy to get it all done, and I don't consider myself to be tech savvy. Only problems I'm having is with google maps and I'm going to try the patch right now. Other than other apps being a little slow to open all seem to be working fine
    02-17-16 01:14 PM
    You can't use Lucky Patcher. It's been rather useless for months. You need to use Play Services Patcher on your PC.
    Can't find the link to Play Services Patcher. I'll look some more and will report my success...fingers crossed

02-17-16 01:17 PM
    Can't find the link to Play Services Patcher. I'll look some more and will report my success...fingers crossed

A link to the thread is in the first post.
    forhed Ahmed likes this.
    02-17-16 01:22 PM
    Witch version google service support my black berry z10????
    Nd how can I download this

Posted via CB10
    02-17-16 03:36 PM
    Witch version google service support my black berry z10????
    Nd how can I download this

Posted via CB10
    Read the first post.
    gfondeur likes this.
    02-17-16 03:45 PM
    A link to the thread is in the first post.
    Thanks @Conite Got Rogers NHL working! Just in time for tonight's games! YES!!!

Thanks again

02-17-16 04:09 PM
9,813 ... 192193194195196 ...