It looks like BlackBerry is releasing the .2836 update globally. Are they doing this before correcting android runtime problem? Can somebody confirm that the problem is fixed?

Posted via CB10
    I can only confirm that the version of 2876/2836 that still resides on the BlackBerry servers remains unchanged - Android bug and all.

Once Telus releases the update OTA, I can investigate further.
    Last edited by conite; 01-12-16 at 07:04 PM.
    Smokeaire and gfondeur like this.
    01-12-16 06:26 PM
    OK thanks. It's too bad BlackBerry would release this globally with this known issue still not fixed.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 06:59 PM
    Make sure you don't already have a version of Google settings installed.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I don't believe I do. It does not exist in Settings/App Manager/Device Monitor

Further to the crash, it seems to be related to granting access to the device. If I accept granting Google Play Services access during the install process, it crashes. If I decline, it installs. However, once installed, when I go to open Google Settings, it again requests access to services. Declining closes the app, accepting results in an "Initializing. Please wait..." screen for about 10 seconds and then it crashes.

Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-initializing.jpg
    01-12-16 07:17 PM
    Patched "Opensignal" application runs once then chokes up until re-install
    Running 2876 on Passport with the 2 Android bars installed from the previous version. Encryption is turned on. Other patched apps run ok.

Any ideas?
    01-12-16 07:21 PM
    Thanks, I don't believe I do. It does not exist in Settings/App Manager/Device Monitor

Further to the crash, it seems to be related to granting access to the device. If I accept granting Google Play Services access during the install process, it crashes. If I decline, it installs. However, once installed, when I go to open Google Settings, it again requests access to services. Declining closes the app, accepting results in an "Initializing. Please wait..." screen for about 10 seconds and then it crashes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Initializing.jpg 
Views:	1368 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	387518
    Huh, check blackberry id... android settings.. apps and make sure. If it's not there then I'd just restore the phone to its factory settings if I were you and start over. Will probably save you time and a headache.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 07:54 PM
    Hey all!

Wow, so just did all this today, and am so utterly confused....!
    I've got a few things working, but having a real problem with some apps:

1. Hangouts will not work. Not sure why. Tried everything but not a huge deal because I have HG10 I guess!

2. Google Plus will not open, my patched version will not install. My phone still shows it's installed but it's not.

3. Programs that I've uninstalled (like Google+ and Chrome which is SUPER laggy after patched) are still showing as being on my Passport. Is there anyway to permanently delete all traces of these files? I even tried installing an older version of Google Talk but it won't install because it says I have a previous version. *rips out hair*

Formally an Android/Samsung gal, and this is a whole other ballgame. I feel like I have no control here. :-(
    Is there an already patched version of Google Plus that I can try and see if it installs? It's the only thing I really wish would work for me!

Thanks in advance:-)
    01-12-16 08:23 PM
    What does the latest update of Google calendar say "unable to install this app"?

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 10:14 PM
    1. Hangouts will not work. Not sure why. Tried everything but not a huge deal because I have HG10 I guess!
    Hangouts Chat work very lagged. To work -/+ fluid you have to load Google Talk and MSGs enter at same time on two apps. by the way.. it's silly to have two apps for the same work. I stopped using Google Hangouts, if someone wants something message to me using BBM or WhatsApp that here in Spain the latter is the most used.

2. Google Plus will not open, my patched version will not install. My phone still shows it's installed but it's not.

3. Programs that I've uninstalled (like Google+ and Chrome which is SUPER laggy after patched) are still showing as being on my Passport. Is there anyway to permanently delete all traces of these files? I even tried installing an older version of Google Talk but it won't install because it says I have a previous version. *rips out hair*
    It's cause of last update 2836 (348) Android Runtime can't uninstall or delete apps, and Apps remain running and hidden. You have to downgrade it to 2813 (231 sys.android two bar files)

Is there an already patched version of Google Plus that I can try and see if it installs? It's the only thing I really wish would work for me!
    As I say... You have to downgrade Android Runtime Only, uninstall from Android Settings these nonworking Apps and reinstall last ones patched and working apps.
    StarSpun likes this.
    01-13-16 04:34 AM
    Hi there,

First of all Thank you very much COBALT! I�m trying to update Google Play Services 8.4.89 build 3 [Released on January 1, 2016]. How should I ? Deleting the previous Google Play Services I have installed or..........

Thank you again to you all for your amazing work and support.
    01-13-16 05:13 AM
    Just remove old, then install new one.
    01-13-16 05:23 AM
    Just remove old, then install new one.
    Any update on android wear?
    01-13-16 06:05 AM
    Any update on android wear?
    If works fine. I just tried it. Patch both the Android Wear app AND the Google (voice) app. Install both.
    01-13-16 06:08 AM
    If works fine. I just tried it. Patch both the Android Wear app AND the Google (voice) app. Install both.

What did u patch it with? Also did u patch on the PC or blacberry?
    01-13-16 06:22 AM
    What did u patch it with? Also did u patch on the PC or blacberry?
    Play Services Patcher on the PC. This is the only method of patching that works.
    01-13-16 06:32 AM
    Thank you very much. Really appreciate.
    01-13-16 06:49 AM
    Play Services Patcher on the PC. This is the only method of patching that works.
    Okay perfect is the downlaod on the first page of this thread?
    01-13-16 06:52 AM
    Okay perfect is the downlaod on the first page of this thread?
    You will find links to the correct thread there.
    01-13-16 07:00 AM
    Thank you..
    01-13-16 07:05 AM
    You will find links to the correct thread there.

Basically download android wear from playstore save to the PC then patch and put back where on the blackberry?
    01-13-16 07:07 AM
    Basically download android wear from playstore save to the PC then patch and put back where on the blackberry?

Assuming you have all of Cobalt's environment up and running, including Google Play Services, then download both Android Wear and the Google app, whitelist them, patch them, install them.
    01-13-16 07:16 AM
    Assuming you have all of Cobalt's environment up and running, including Google Play Services, then download both Android Wear and the Google app, whitelist them, patch them, install them.
    Patch with? And yes I have all
    01-13-16 08:39 AM
    Patch with? And yes I have all
    We went through this already, didn't we? Use Play Services Patcher.
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-13-16 08:47 AM
    We went through this already, didn't we? Use Play Services Patcher.
    Sorry in a meeting thanks again!
    01-13-16 08:56 AM
    Hey folks,
    I have a question I don't think has been answered yet based on my searches of this thread. I was using a Z10 until yesterday that had Cobalt's Google stack installed. I performed a device switch using Link, and am now trying to set up the stack again on my new Passport. For my Blackberry Google ID, it lists the correct device (Passport) but the Registered on date is the date I registered my Z10 originally. Do I need to be concerned by this? Is there any harm in un-registering and re-registering?
    Thanks for the great work Cobalt,
    Cheers
    01-13-16 10:12 AM
    Hey folks,
    I have a question I don't think has been answered yet based on my searches of this thread. I was using a Z10 until yesterday that had Cobalt's Google stack installed. I performed a device switch using Link, and am now trying to set up the stack again on my new Passport. For my Blackberry Google ID, it lists the correct device (Passport) but the Registered on date is the date I registered my Z10 originally. Do I need to be concerned by this? Is there any harm in un-registering and re-registering?
    Thanks for the great work Cobalt,
    Cheers
    You can unregister and register as much as you like. There is no harm. You just have to remember to clear the cache on the Play Store when you do.
    mennonitesausage likes this.
    01-13-16 10:14 AM
9,813 ... 175176177178179 ...