anyone can send me the link for gmaps patcher to run on mac.
    There is none. PC only.
    01-03-16 12:50 PM
    I've successfully installed Google Play Services following Cobalt's brilliant guide. I've gotten patched several apps with the hope of being able to Chromecast Netflix, Youtube, and CastStreams (NHL hockey), but CastStreams just crashes and Netflix doesn't have an option to Chromecast.

The apps all show up in the Whitelist and I've successfully signed in and use GMaps, Hangouts, and Youtube.

Any ideas?
    01-03-16 06:56 PM
    Hey Cobalt...had some extra time lately to go through my mess of Android apps on my z30 to clean things up with your latest updates and also to patch the core apps that need it with your patcher. For the last year or so I've been running a mix of Android apps from Google Play Store (unpatched, but using 2014 versions of your files), Snap, Amazon App Store, 1mobile market, and direct apk's. I've completely lost track of versions and sources, and obviously I've been getting lots of error messages about gps etc, but essentially I just tried different versions until I found one that more or less worked.

I just want to thank you for all your hard work on this solution. I'm most of the way through and things all now work as cleanly and smoothly as is possible. I will be dropping a donation your way shortly, but just want to finish up first.

A few questions:

- if the analyzer is able to find something to patch is it always better to use the patched version? So far I've only found one app (Starbucks) that your patcher seems to be unable to compile, but the regular apk seems to work fine anyways.

- is it necessary to add to the whitelist every patched app you've installed if it currently isn't listed? The whitelist seems to accept only the unpatched apk versions, and to be honest, I don't really understand what this whole step is achieving in the first place, haha.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 07:13 PM
    How can I run the updated version of snapchat. It says get google play services. I downloaded google play and when I went to download google play services and it says unable to download google play services. Any help?

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 07:20 PM
    How can I run the updated version of snapchat. It says get google play services. I downloaded google play and when I went to download google play services and it says unable to download google play services. Any help?

Posted via CB10
    Snapchat does not work. Forget about it.
    01-03-16 07:23 PM
    Okay thanks for the help pal

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 07:26 PM
    Please I've just downloaded Mortal Kombat X from 1mobile and downloaded the .obb file but when I load the game it tells me,
    Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20160104_033803.png what can I do I use a z10. Software 10.3.2.2474 model no. STL100-3 please help

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 09:25 PM
    Double
    01-04-16 01:26 AM
    Is there anyway to mirror your phone using Chromecast?

Ideally, I'd like to be able to watch The Simpsons on watchcartoononline . com and output it to my TV wirelessly. Thoughts? Is there an ability to use a patched Chrome browser and output off of there?

For the record, since watchcartoononline uses embedded video, you can use the Play On functionality if you have an HDMI cable.
    01-04-16 01:35 AM

A few questions:

- if the analyzer is able to find something to patch is it always better to use the patched version? So far I've only found one app (Starbucks) that your patcher seems to be unable to compile, but the regular apk seems to work fine anyways.

- is it necessary to add to the whitelist every patched app you've installed if it currently isn't listed? The whitelist seems to accept only the unpatched apk versions, and to be honest, I don't really understand what this whole step is achieving in the first place, haha.

Posted via CB10
    If an app works right out of the box, there is no need for patching.

Whitelisting with the Google+ Whitelist app is only required if:

a) The app want's to connect to Google Servers using Google+ login method (in most cases you see a G+ icon somwhere on the screen)
    b) The app uses In-App billing features (i.e. buy Gems or additional app features)

In all other cases, whitlisting is not required.

The Whitelist app simply saves the original signature of the app in a database and uses that signature in case a) or b).
    01-04-16 03:19 AM
    Still with my Z30
    01-04-16 08:30 AM
    Hi Cobalt, First while thank you all of your hard work and persistent dedication to this extremely useful feature for BB10 users.

I have been using Google play store for a while now and never had any issue. But. Lately I am seeing that the apps that I uninstalled on my phone but they still showing as installed in the app store under my apps. When I click the "open" tab, with in the app store screen, app opens up with in the store app screen but there is no app icon on the phone home screen.
    When I press the uninstall option with in the store app, the Google play store app crashes and if I try to open app store again, it takes lot longer to open up, cause I see that green line across the screen, seems like android run time is booting up. Any Idea.?

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    01-04-16 09:32 AM
    Can still not install patched google admin. it starts to install but right at the end it failes and gives message cannot install.
    Is there something I can try? Or do I need to do security wipe? I really want to avoid that.
    Cobalt could you assist/ advise?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 09:55 AM
    I'm sorry to hear that your OS locked up. But I can assure you that no Android app can cause that. It must be an OS 10 or a HW problem.
    Just a quick update. After waiting for three ******* days for the security wipe to finish I did a search on interrupting it. I found the answer, followed the instructions and reload the latest update via Link. Then installed 10.3.2.2813. I then installed all of Cobalt's updated apps from scratch. All is fine. I will never use a shotgun (security wipe) to kill a fly. I should have waited for Conite's suggestion. Oh well, I did learn a few new tips in the process. Now to learn to make my own Autoloader.
    01-04-16 12:42 PM
    If an app works right out of the box, there is no need for patching.

Whitelisting with the Google+ Whitelist app is only required if:

a) The app want's to connect to Google Servers using Google+ login method (in most cases you see a G+ icon somwhere on the screen)
    b) The app uses In-App billing features (i.e. buy Gems or additional app features)

In all other cases, whitlisting is not required.

The Whitelist app simply saves the original signature of the app in a database and uses that signature in case a) or b).
    Thanks for the explanation. Does that mean that an app like Netflix does not require Whitelisting nor patching using the Play Services Patcher?
    01-04-16 04:06 PM
    Thanks for the explanation. Does that mean that an app like Netflix does not require Whitelisting nor patching using the Play Services Patcher?
    It requires patching only if you want to use Chromecast, and/or have Google Play Services installed and want to get rid of the warning splash screen.
    01-04-16 04:26 PM
    It requires patching only if you want to use Chromecast, and/or have Google Play Services installed and want to get rid of the warning splash screen.
    Got it. Now, any clue why my patched Netflix .apk (properly Whitelisted along with Chromecast and all of the other Google Play Services installed as per Cobalt's instructions) doesn't have Chromecast capability, but others do?

See this post and the post that follows for more: http://forums.crackberry.com/android.../#post12188668
    01-04-16 04:41 PM
    I keep getting update requests to update BlackBerry to current OS after patching with the two android bar files from previous OS 2813 using sachesi . I know that updating will overwrite the files I patched so is there a way to prevent the update requests? It keeps asking me every day.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by alexander87; 01-05-16 at 05:41 AM.
    01-04-16 06:29 PM
    Please do something with the 2 Playstation apps that no longer works after the latest OS update 10.3.2.2836 for the Z30! I am begging anyone that can help!

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 06:51 PM
    First sweet work Cobalt.

2nd. For those having issues uninstalling any Android app's, so they can re-install the patched app check this thread out.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-apps-1056283/

It seems with the last OS update from Blackberry they broke something in the Android runtime. It can no longer uninstall apps completely. You need to sideload the older runtime. Once I did that I could uninstall and re-install Android apps. No longer received error "unable to install this app" when trying to install patched apps.
    sidhuk likes this.
    01-04-16 06:56 PM
    Current version of google photos (1.11) seems to work well with patching process.

Is there a way to upload these somewhere central ?

P.

Swiped on my fantabulous BlackBerry Passport, a beast among sheep.
    01-04-16 08:26 PM
    Cobalt232 I've done all you said now I have Google account, play store, and play services running but when I try to open the Mortal Kombat X it still tells me I have Google play services missing from my device
    Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20160105_040004.png new developments I tried opening the game again and I was resuming download of the 1.2gig game

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 09:05 PM
    Cobalt232 I've done all you said now I have Google account, play store, and play services running but when I try to open the Mortal Kombat X it still tells me I have Google play services missing from my device
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160105_040004.png 
Views:	1252 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	386622 new developments I tried opening the game again and I was resuming download of the 1.2gig game

Posted via CB10
    You probably need to patch it using the Play Services Patcher.
    01-04-16 09:57 PM
    Installing the 3 files is draining my Classic's battery life and the phone is constantly hot , I know how to un-install Google account and BlackBerry Google ID but I not know what remove Google Play Services since there is no icon. Please can someone help? Thanks.
    01-04-16 10:03 PM
    Installing the 3 files is draining my Classic's battery life and the phone is constantly hot , I know how to un-install Google account and BlackBerry Google ID but I not know what remove Google Play Services since there is no icon. Please can someone help? Thanks.
    The icon for Google Play Services simply says "Google Settings".

But these apps take extremely little battery. Your problem probably lies elsewhere.
    01-04-16 10:08 PM
9,813 ... 171172173174175 ...