The whitelist part is something I'm not quite sure of for general patching. Should that step be done on the unpatched apk or the patched one?

Posted via CB10
    The Google+ Whitelist app saves the ORIGINAL signature of an app into the Gservices database, using the format key=appname, value=signature.

If Google Play Store or Google Play services wants to verify an app signature, it fist looks into the Gservices database (this is part of my patching solution) and uses that signature to authenticate against the google servers (ie. for In-App billing).

If no spoofed signature is found in Gservices database, the signature is fetched from the installed package. So if the app is patched, a wrong signature will be reported (the one of the patcher) and the app will not work correctly.

Simple rule:
    Spoofing signatures with Google+ Whitelist is required for all PATCHED apps that want to contact Google Servers. You must only add apps that are not in the spoofing list in the first post.
    12-31-15 08:16 AM
    *noob question*

Apologies for the Playstore noob question: ive installed and have run all 3 files, Google account, ID and 'Google settings'....where is the actual Playstore?!

Posted via CB10 - 9900 - Q10 - Playbook - (Passport SE?)
    12-31-15 08:59 AM
    Follow the link in the first post.
    12-31-15 09:14 AM
    Yeah that's where I got the files from. The 1st 3 - installed one after another as described...not sure what ive done wrong.

Last edited by GusBandicoot; 12-31-15 at 09:26 AM.
    12-31-15 09:15 AM
    ?

Did you really read the full first post? It says:

The Google Play store APK provides Access to the Google Play app market, where you can browse and download your favorite free and paid Android apps, books or even music. Play Store is also is required by some apps to run correctly, especially if they use any kind of license verification. Google Play store requires Google Account Manager and Blackberry Google ID to be installed on your device.

The discussion and the download link have been moved to this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/android.../#post11189556
    12-31-15 10:15 AM
    I've downloaded the 3rd file on that thread and it now works.

The 3 files on this thread are different.

Thanks

12-31-15 10:34 AM
    I been try to install Google Play Services and always my BB. Leap Browser said that ( the cache administrator does not allow this cache to make direct connections to origin server and all configured Parent caches are currently unreachable) ??? I don't what all this mean Please Help the other files are in and working but any time I download a app form Google Play is asking for Google Play Services them I try to install from Google Play and star and Stop and said can not be install. .
    Please Help.
    Last edited by pedmag; 12-31-15 at 11:09 AM.
    12-31-15 10:59 AM
    Download the files from the first post of this thread.
    12-31-15 11:04 AM
    Cobalt I need u to work your magic on Android Wear..
    12-31-15 11:19 AM
    I download the files from the first post of this thread and any time I try to go to download the file for the GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES the browser of my BB. LEAP said the cache administrator does not allow this cache to make direct connections to origin server and all configured Parent caches are currently unreachable
    12-31-15 11:23 AM
    Are you on 10.3.2.2786 by any chance? If so, you need to sideload the Android Runtime bars from 2813 in order to be able to properly delete Android apps.
    I'm on 2876 and will try the sideload before uninstalling... thanks for reply
    12-31-15 11:35 AM
    HOW TO GET GOOGLE NOW CARDS:
    I found the way to access Now cards, which I would like to share..
    If Google app is not installed, please install first from here: (patch ready)

It will install google voice search app. Then go to your play services app ( Google settings) and go to settings- Search & Now- Now Cards, enable show cards and Notifications. After a while you will start getting Voice notifications in your Notifications or Hub. open it and you will see Google app with now cards.
    Thanks for this! I had the 'Google ' app installed but it seems the phone version defaults to voice search, unlike the tablet version which displays the Google cards screen... your workflow is a good workaround to get Google cards to display.. I was having to say'show Google cards'

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 02:57 PM
    Has anyone tried to patch the Shaw Movie Central app and been successful?

Passport / SQW 100-1 / 10.3.2.2813
    12-31-15 11:01 PM
    Update available! Google Play Services 8.4.89 build 3. The download link in post 1 has been updated.

Changelog:
    * Refactored wake lock behavior of Play Services: All unnecessary wakelocks are removed from the code. You will notice a better battery life with this build!

Instructions:
    Remove existing Play Services and then install the new one from post 1. Reboot device after installation to kill remaining wake locks. They will no longer be set after reboot.

Enjoy and a Happy New Year from Switzerland!
    01-01-16 11:13 AM
    Thanks Cobalt, and Happy New year to you to!

Posted via CB10
    ljohnson17 likes this.
    01-01-16 11:18 AM
    Update available! Google Play Services 8.4.89 build 3. The download link in post 1 has been updated.

Changelog:
    * Refactored wake lock behavior of Play Services: All unnecessary wakelocks are removed from the code. You will notice a better battery life with this build!

Instructions:
    Remove existing Play Services and then install the new one from post 1. Reboot device after installation to kill remaining wake locks. They will no longer be set after reboot.

Is this a fix for android wear
    01-01-16 11:21 AM
    Any apps I download from Google store that require any of my existing passwords don't seems to work... even facebook

01-01-16 11:26 AM
    Hi all,

Just curious - BB10 provided notification yesterday that the OS is ready for an update (10.3.2.2836).

If we did the patches for Google services/apps via Cobalt instructions, would it be okay to proceed with the update or would you recommend holding off? I don't want to ruin the patches that are in place.

Thank you!
    01-01-16 11:32 AM
    As it's an OTA update you should be fine. But maybe first read a findings and fixes thread before proceeding.
    KiranTeja likes this.
    01-01-16 11:40 AM

Changelog:

Instructions:

Cobalt, I installed today's update, deleted the previous as instructed, and now my phone is in an almost continuous bootloop. In the very short time that the phone is functional I was able to uninstall the update (followed by another spontaneous boot up) and installed the previous version. No luck. My phone will work for a few seconds, lockup, and then go into a boot up.
    My phone was working just fine until this update. Now I don't know if I can even use an autoloader to wipe and reinstall the OS and start over. I wonder if the download was bad and now something is corrupted. Maybe I'll try to uninstaill all of your apps and start over with that before trying an autoloader.
    01-01-16 02:24 PM
    Cobalt, I installed today's update, deleted the previous as instructed, and now my phone is in an almost continuous bootloop. In the very short time that the phone is functional I was able to uninstall the update (followed by another spontaneous boot up) and installed the previous version. No luck. My phone will work for a few seconds, lockup, and then go into a boot up.
    My phone was working just fine until this update. Now I don't know if I can even use an autoloader to wipe and reinstall the OS and start over. I wonder if the download was bad and now something is corrupted. Maybe I'll try to uninstaill all of your apps and start over with that before trying an autoloader.
    I had no issues with this new build. I can't imagine your bootloop could be related. Very strange for sure.
    01-01-16 02:48 PM
    I had no issues with this new build. I can't imagine your bootloop could be related. Very strange for sure.
    I can't imagine what else it could be. My phone worked fine before, updated and now issues. I guess it is soft bricked (from what I have just been reading about autoloading), hoping there is a recovery method for this issue.

Now it won't even connect to my laptop. Now what?
    01-01-16 02:54 PM
    I can't imagine what else it could be. My phone worked fine before, updated and now issues. I guess it is soft bricked (from what I have just been reading about autoloading), hoping there is a recovery method for this issue.

Now it won't even connect to my laptop. Now what?
    If it's soft bricked it can always be recovered by restoring the OS from Link, but that will give you the autoloader treatment. I don't recall how to break the boot cycle in a non destructive method but I'm sure somewhere here it has been documented.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Smokeaire likes this.
    01-01-16 03:00 PM
    Smokeaire, make an autoloader from the CORE OS that you are on now. It will be non-destructive, and it may give your phone a shake.
    01-01-16 03:14 PM
    If it's soft bricked it can always be recovered by restoring the OS from Link, but that will give you the autoloader treatment. I don't recall how to break the boot cycle in a non destructive method but I'm sure somewhere here it has been documented.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I won't be able to use Link if my phone keeps locking up and I have to constantly reboot it. I think it is really screwed up.
    01-01-16 03:17 PM
9,813 ... 168169170171172 ...