I wonder how many times that has been asked, and answered.
    No. Not on BB10.
    Snapchat would consider the Cobalt-modified framework to be tampered, right? I'm pretty sure they are careful about that as their entire game revolves around posts that self-destruct after a set period of time and cannot be retrieved, and a tampered OS configuration looses that guarantee.
    11-23-15 07:46 PM
    Since the new update for Google play and such, it has been asked once.

Posted via CB10
    One time too many...

The only way Snapchat works on a BlackBerry is if you own a Priv. If you're on BB10, under no circumstances will Snapchat work from the Play Store. No amount of patching or Cobalt magic will change that. If you're curious about if that has changed, do a search in BlackBerry World. The day the official Snapchat shows up there will be the day it works on BB10.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Smokeaire likes this.
    11-23-15 08:00 PM
    Snapchat would consider the Cobalt-modified framework to be tampered, right? I'm pretty sure they are careful about that as their entire game revolves around posts that self-destruct after a set period of time and cannot be retrieved, and a tampered OS configuration looses that guarantee.
    I would think patching is certainly an issue for them, but ultimately it's the device that violates their TOS. They officially don't support BB10, using it on a BB10 device is then an official violation of the usage of the app. Is it dumb? Yes it is, but it's their decision to make.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-23-15 08:07 PM
    Since the new update for Google play and such, it has been asked once.

Posted via CB10
    You could have always tried it yourself and then provide the answer to everyone who asks the same question over and over again.
    11-23-15 08:20 PM
    Updates available! Google Play Services 8.4.89 and Blackberry Google ID 2.6. This is a rather huge update!

Changelog:

Google Play Services 8.4.89:
    * New: More supported security features (ie. generate Security code to identify account in case of fraud)
    * New: Full location configuration support (configure if Google apps can use your location, configure location history). Call the settings from Google Maps settings.
    * New: People Sync now works
    * Fix: disabled unused checkin service to save battery
    * Fix: new patches for even better stability

Blackberry Google ID 2.6
    * New: Full support for Google experiments (they are written to the Gservices database)
    * New: New code to support location settings
    * New: Finish translation included
    * Fix: Code cleanup, app size reduced by 10%, resulting in a package size of 452 KB

Instructions:
    Remove old files, then install the new files. Update both apps, not only one. Remember, that all self spoofed signatures (packages that you added with Google+ Whitelist) will be lost. You must add them again with the Google+ whitelist app. Check the first post to see if this step really is required, because Google+ Whitelist already contains pre-spoofed signatures of almost all Google apps. To add the pre-spoofed signatures, run Google+ Whitelist once. It will automatically update the database on first run. The you can add your custom signatures as usual.

Enjoy!
    Clear.. I'll do it.

Any chance for Google Play Games pre-patched APK-file?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ginowine; 11-24-15 at 05:00 PM.
    11-24-15 04:58 AM
    Can anyone give me link to the new updated Google play store apk

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 03:07 PM
    Can anyone give me link to the new updated Google play store apk

Posted via CB10
    Follow the first post in this thread.
    11-24-15 03:18 PM
    Hi.
    This is my first post here

I'm not a BB user, but I'm considering buying one handset (I've never had BB before and I'd just like to try it).
    But there's always this can't-live-without-it issue...
    I'm using Google Music, Plex and Youtube with Chromecast - I've found that G.Music and YT work with Cobalt's solution, but couldn't find an information if they work with Chromecast support... I've found only some info about Netflix with Chromecast support.
    Could you tell me if there's a chance it would work together?

Thx for your reply
    11-24-15 03:51 PM
    Hi.
    This is my first post here

I'm not a BB user, but I'm considering buying one handset (I've never had BB before and I'd just like to try it).
    But there's always this can't-live-without-it issue...
    I'm using Google Music, Plex and Youtube with Chromecast - I've found that G.Music and YT work with Cobalt's solution, but couldn't find an information if they work with Chromecast support... I've found only some info about Netflix with Chromecast support.
    Could you tell me if there's a chance it would work together?

Thx for your reply
    I use Hulu and Netflix with my Chromecast. I'll try YT and Play Music later.
    11-24-15 04:32 PM
    I need some assistance. I have loaded all of the new versions of Cobalt's solution :
    Google login 4.3.3
    Google ID 2.6
    Google services 8.4.89
    White list 1.0.0.4
    Google play store (vending) 6.0.0
    Mobile network 1.0
    And I am running this on Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    I have had pretty good luck with running Android apps out of the Google play store until I came to Google Play Movies & TV. I patched it with lucky patcher (after I made sure it showed up on the G+ White list. Removed the old APK and app from my device and then installed the patched APK. I kept getting the message about how this app needs Google play services and your device is not supported message. When I pressed OK it just went to a screen with the red header at the top and noting else and there were no menu or setting options. I tried this process multiple times to no avail (thought maybe it had not patched correctly at least the first time). Then around the 4th time I downloaded the full apk out of Google play and it is unable to install. I have checked that it is removed from the lucky patcher modified path, the device and where my apk's get downloaded to. I have also deleted the old app. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me at least be able to install the original apk file and then let me know if there is a better way (or what am I doing wrong now) to patch Google Play Movies & TV.
    Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 05:51 AM
    I need some assistance. I have loaded all of the new versions of Cobalt's solution :
    Google login 4.3.3
    Google ID 2.6
    Google services 8.4.89
    White list 1.0.0.4
    Google play store (vending) 6.0.0
    Mobile network 1.0
    And I am running this on Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    I have had pretty good luck with running Android apps out of the Google play store until I came to Google Play Movies & TV. I patched it with lucky patcher (after I made sure it showed up on the G+ White list. Removed the old APK and app from my device and then installed the patched APK. I kept getting the message about how this app needs Google play services and your device is not supported message. When I pressed OK it just went to a screen with the red header at the top and noting else and there were no menu or setting options. I tried this process multiple times to no avail (thought maybe it had not patched correctly at least the first time). Then around the 4th time I downloaded the full apk out of Google play and it is unable to install. I have checked that it is removed from the lucky patcher modified path, the device and where my apk's get downloaded to. I have also deleted the old app. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me at least be able to install the original apk file and then let me know if there is a better way (or what am I doing wrong now) to patch Google Play Movies & TV.
    Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    First off don't use Lucky Patcher, use Cobalt's Play Service Patcher.
    As far as the missing APK downloads, did you look in both download folders in file manager?
    If not there reboot phone and try Play Store again and see if the downloading works. Try clearing the Play Store cache before trying to download from Play Store.
    11-25-15 06:33 AM
    Okay the hard reboot did not work. I will try to find the cache and read up on the other patch software from Cobalt. Thanks for your suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 06:36 AM
    I have just turned a friend onto Cobalt's Play Store, and she reports that Car2Go doesn't work. It worked before I got to her to do it on sideload, so I feel so guilty.

Searched for and couldn't find the patched APK here.
    I tried to follow Cobalt's instruction on how to patch a google maps/play signature check, but I can't run the patcher because my computer requires a specific version of java for another program that's necessary for work that Patcher does not accept.

Could someone please either post a patched Car2Go APK or let me know how I can make it work for her?
    11-25-15 10:58 AM
    I have just turned a friend onto Cobalt's Play Store, and she reports that Car2Go doesn't work. It worked before I got to her to do it on sideload, so I feel so guilty.

I tried to follow Cobalt's instruction on how to patch a google maps/play signature check, but I can't run the patcher because my computer requires a specific version of java for another program that's necessary for work that Patcher does not accept.

Could someone please either post a patched Car2Go APK or let me know how I can make it work for her?
    Same here. I can't run the patcher app both on my Windows 8.1 & 10 PC. Latest java update installed.

Posted via my black as hell BlackBerry Passport with best keyboard experience on Earth!
    11-25-15 12:26 PM
    Hi before downloading Google play store, I used to istall app from snap and update the same from there, but after installing play store bo app can't be updated. Why is it so? Always show attached error
    Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20151126_002510.png

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 12:59 PM

Here you go! I patched the file for you and it works with my Z10!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7t...p=docslist_api

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 01:20 PM
    WOW! Google Maps please

Posted via my black as hell BlackBerry Passport with best keyboard experience on Earth!
    11-25-15 01:47 PM
    APK patch seems to be working OK, but the tado app is still asking for play-services.
    Latest versions of the apps on the landing page are installed.

Output PS Patcher:
    Processing Z:\Install\Apps\APK\tado�_2.5.0.apk
    The package contains 1 classes.dex file
    [Decompiling classes and resources]
    Decompiled 25.52 MB in 12.03 seconds
    Done.
    [Analyzing Package]
    Google Play services dependencies detected
    Found: C:\Users\burns\Downloads\PS_Patcher-1.4\tmp\tado�_2.5.0\smali\com\google\android\gms\c ommon\GooglePlayServicesUtil.smali
    Found: C:\Users\burns\Downloads\PS_Patcher-1.4\tmp\tado�_2.5.0\smali\com\google\android\gms\c ommon\zzd.smali
    AndroidrotectionLevel detected
    [Analysis completed]

Press CONTINUE to proceed or CANCEL to abort.

[Removing androidrotectionLevel from AndroidManifest]
    Done.
    [Rebuilding]
    Done.
    [Signing and Zipaligning]
    Done.
    [Cleaning up]
    Done.
    Works now with the latest update
    Thank you!!!
    11-25-15 01:54 PM
    WOW! Google Maps please

All I did was do a search in the forums!

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...7-1-a-1048845/

Posted via CB10
    quetz666 likes this.
    11-25-15 01:55 PM
    It's been a busy day for me Thanks!

11-25-15 01:59 PM
    So no luck for me. I have tried to clear the data from the Google Play Store and I have even Uninstalled and reinstalled the Google Play store. I can download other apps but I get the Google Play Movies and TV app downloaded and I click on install it takes me all the way to where you have to accept the permissions and then it tells me it is unable to install the app. What is odd is I get a notification in the hub that the app has been installed but I can't find it anywhere. I really want to try the other patch program Cobalt has suggested but I can't get the apk installed.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 02:05 PM
    Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20151126_025110.png

Hey dude.. After installing the Play Services & YouTube from your given links. The issues for Services has been resolved. But this is problematic.. couldn't save videos on Youtu.be for offline.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 03:27 PM
    Sorry, Cobalt in some cases the downloading offline works. Anyways, Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 03:35 PM
    Google Maps cannot lock my position any more after updating BlackBerry ID2.6 and the latest Google Service. I got an error message saying location service is disabled, while location is enabled under Settings. The app used to work well on the same phone before updates.

Posted via CB10 from Passport SQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    11-26-15 12:48 AM
    I am no longer able to save offline areas in the latest version of Google maps (9.17.x). I've had success downloading offline maps before although I don't remember which version I was using when I did that in the past. Is anybody able to download offline areas using 9.17.0/1 ?

I am able to start the download process, but it fails after a few percentages of completion. If I go into the offline area section in G Maps, I can click the 'update' button and resume the download, but it fails again after a few percentages, although it does continue from the previous download point. I never managed to get past 50% though.

v 9.17.x has offline navigation now, hence me trying the new G Maps version.
    11-26-15 04:06 AM
9,813 ... 146147148149150 ...