Is there any alternative other than this?

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 11:54 AM
    I've got the latest version of Google Maps patched, installed and mostly working. The only problem is that I can't get the audible directions to play on my Bluetooth headset, which otherwise streams fine and works with BlackBerry maps. The audible directions for Google Maps work fine on the Passport speaker.

Is there some setting I'm missing? I can't find it if there is. Or is it not possible?

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 01:45 PM
    Is there any alternative other than this?

Posted via CB10
    ... the Priv? Other than that, not really.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-21-15 01:55 PM
    Hey all, I've been trying to install the Google Play Store,...

Posted via CB10
    I was able to install what's needed just now, but only when I denied permissions. When I start up the apps to set things up, though, they crashed when I accepted the permissions. So that's one issue solved, I guess, only to have another open up. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 11:50 PM
    Hi, I'm not entirely sure why but after updating GPS no longer works on Maps or any other apps. I deleted and reinstalled everything but nothing works! I remember I had this problem originally the first time I set it up, but I don't know how the hell it got fixed.
    11-22-15 12:07 AM
    Hey all, I've been trying to install the Google Play Store, since it was starting to get wonky (not updating some of my apps and actually uninstalling them instead), so I tried to follow the instructions, but then I get this.

Attachment 381515

I really don't know what's going on. I first installed the Play Store successfully a few months back. I'm on a AT&T Passport with 10.3.2.2639, if that helps. I didn't install any other apks needed for it because they also failed to install. I did two hard resets and they didn't help. All the apks I got to enable the Play Store were all Cobalt's, by the way.

Posted via CB10
    Go into Settings, App Manager, Installing Apps. Is "Allow Apps From Other Sources To Be Installed" checked?
    11-22-15 05:03 AM
    I've got the latest version of Google Maps patched, installed and mostly working. The only problem is that I can't get the audible directions to play on my Bluetooth headset, which otherwise streams fine and works with BlackBerry maps. The audible directions for Google Maps work fine on the Passport speaker.

Is there some setting I'm missing? I can't find it if there is. Or is it not possible?

Posted via CB10
    Ken,
    I just checked Google Maps and my Bluetooth and the audio works. I'm assuming you have all the updated Cobalt apps up and running, patched Google Maps with the latest Gmaps Patcher, etc
    One thing I can think of is in Setting, Bluetooth, that Media is on.
    The only other suggestion is to uninstall both app and the patched apk. Reboot phone. Whitelist the unpatched APK even if Whitelist indicates it was already listed. Repatch the apk with the updated Patcher, and install the patched app. I had to do this with the updated Maps to get it to work again.

When you patch the APK make sure decompile is turned on.
    This is everything I did yesterday and Maps is working fine with audio working on my BT.
    Edit: If Decompile doesn't work then uncheck it and start over.
    Last edited by Smokeaire; 11-22-15 at 09:29 AM.
    11-22-15 05:24 AM
    Go into Settings, App Manager, Installing Apps. Is "Allow Apps From Other Sources To Be Installed" checked?
    I should have mentioned that earlier, but it's already checked. They're installed now, but crash upon accepting permissions.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 09:03 AM
    Ken,
    I just checked Google Maps and my Bluetooth and the audio works. I'm assuming you have all the updated Cobalt apps up and running, patched Google Maps with the latest Gmaps Patcher, etc
    One thing I can think of is in Setting, Bluetooth, that Media is on.
    The only other suggestion is to uninstall both app and the patched apk. Reboot phone. Whitelist the unpatched APK even if Whitelist indicates it was already listed. Repatch the apk with the updated Patcher, and install the patched app. I had to do this with the updated Maps to get it to work again.

When you patch the APK make sure decompile is turned on.
    This is everything I did yesterday and Maps is working fine with audio working on my BT.
    Edit: If Decompile doesn't work then uncheck it and start over.
    Thanks, Smokeaire. I would have gotten back to you sooner, but I was too busy kicking myself.

The problem wasn't in the Whitelist, although I did do all that you suggested, because it made sense in general. Then I thought we were in our previous BT hell with the Passport, as you well recall, I'm sure. So I went to Music, played something that sounded fine on the speaker, but when I connected the BT headset it was silent. All media toggles were on. What could possibly be the problem?

Oh--the volume control. It was set to zero for BT. I forgot that the volume control is separate for the speakers and for BT. Once I turned the volume control up, all was working on BT, including Google Maps directions.

It's always back to basics, in other words, RTFM.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 12:08 PM
    Thanks, Smokeaire. I would have gotten back to you sooner, but I was too busy kicking myself.

The problem wasn't in the Whitelist, although I did do all that you suggested, because it made sense in general. Then I thought we were in our previous BT hell with the Passport, as you well recall, I'm sure. So I went to Music, played something that sounded fine on the speaker, but when I connected the BT headset it was silent. All media toggles were on. What could possibly be the problem?

Oh--the volume control. It was set to zero for BT. I forgot that the volume control is separate for the speakers and for BT. Once I turned the volume control up, all was working on BT, including Google Maps directions.

It's always back to basics, in other words, RTFM.

Posted via CB10
    Ken, I'm sorry but that is funny. I guess with technology becoming more complicated we think an answer will be complicated as well, with the simplest answer the last one we think of. I did think of the dreaded BT plague of the past at first.
    When you hear hoof beats think horses, not Zebras (except when in Africa).
    11-22-15 12:42 PM
    hi...
    is there any way to use google photo app and sync on bb passport?
    i have to install play services and the google photo?
    11-22-15 01:24 PM
    Snapchat working anyone?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 08:55 PM
    Hello,

Having a hard time getting notifications on Arlo camera app.

Should get notifications when motion is detected.

Have everything installed from main page, downloaded from good play patched.

Notification is turned on. It does not show up in BB notification settings

Thank you

11-23-15 02:00 AM
    Snapchat working anyone?

Posted via CB10
    No.

11-23-15 06:36 AM
    Hello! Can know everyone, when Cobalt release new patching versions play store and play services? I patch Google play services with gmap patcher, but have a problem: this app have error after installation! Send me instructions: how I can patch Google play services!

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 08:59 AM
    Hello! Can know everyone, when Cobalt release new patching versions play store and play services? I patch Google play services with gmap patcher, but have a problem: this app have error after installation! Send me instructions: how I can patch Google play services!
    You should not patch Google Play Services. Instead, use the pre-patched version specified in post #1 of this thread.
    Download Google Play Services 8.1.0.5 [Released on September 8, 2015]
    http://homepage.bluewin.ch/simonsmit....05-cobalt.apk
    11-23-15 09:42 AM
    Updates available! Google Play Services 8.4.89 and Blackberry Google ID 2.6. This is a rather huge update!

Changelog:

Google Play Services 8.4.89:
    * New: More supported security features (ie. generate Security code to identify account in case of fraud)
    * New: Full location configuration support (configure if Google apps can use your location, configure location history). Call the settings from Google Maps settings.
    * New: People Sync now works
    * Fix: disabled unused checkin service to save battery
    * Fix: new patches for even better stability

Blackberry Google ID 2.6
    * New: Full support for Google experiments (they are written to the Gservices database)
    * New: New code to support location settings
    * New: Finish translation included
    * Fix: Code cleanup, app size reduced by 10%, resulting in a package size of 452 KB

Instructions:
    Remove old files, then install the new files. Update both apps, not only one. Remember, that all self spoofed signatures (packages that you added with Google+ Whitelist) will be lost. You must add them again with the Google+ whitelist app. Check the first post to see if this step really is required, because Google+ Whitelist already contains pre-spoofed signatures of almost all Google apps. To add the pre-spoofed signatures, run Google+ Whitelist once. It will automatically update the database on first run. The you can add your custom signatures as usual.

Enjoy!
    11-23-15 03:25 PM
    Updates available! Google Play Services 8.4.89 and Blackberry Google ID 2.6. This is a rather huge update!

Changelog:

Google Play Services 8.4.89:
    * New: More supported security features (ie. generate Security code to identify account in case of fraud)
    * New: Full location configuration support (configure if Google apps can use your location, configure location history). Call the settings from Google Maps settings.
    * New: People Sync now works
    * Fix: disabled unused checkin service to save battery
    * Fix: new patches for even better stability

Blackberry Google ID 2.6
    * New: Full support for Google experiments (they are written to the Gservices database)
    * New: New code to support location settings
    * New: Finish translation included
    * Fix: Code cleanup, app size reduced by 10%, resulting in a package size of 452 KB

Instructions:
    Remove old files, then install the new files. Update both apps, not only one. Remember, that all self spoofed signatures (packages that you added with Google+ Whitelist) will be lost. You must add them again with the Google+ whitelist app. Check the first post to see if this step really is required, because Google+ Whitelist already contains pre-spoofed signatures of almost all Google apps. To add the pre-spoofed signatures, run Google+ Whitelist once. It will automatically update the database on first run. The you can add your custom signatures as usual.

Enjoy!
    I feel like it's Christmas.. thanks man for your hard work any chance we will see latest Google play games?

Posted via CB10
    ljohnson17 likes this.
    11-23-15 03:55 PM
    Can I just update to the new files? Or do I have to erase the old ones, and then install the newer ones?
    11-23-15 04:25 PM
    Can I just update to the new files? Or do I have to erase the old ones, and then install the newer ones?
    Did you read the "Instructions" at the bottom of his post #3669) on the updates?
    11-23-15 04:46 PM
    http://www.therem.org/google-play-st...rsion/1230248/

This is getting more and more popular....

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 06:05 PM
    does google drive or snapchat work with this new patch???

I might switch out my iphone if it does..
    11-23-15 07:35 PM
    does google drive or snapchat work with this new patch???

I might switch out my iphone if it does..
    Me too! Snap chat working anyone??

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 07:40 PM
    Me too! Snap chat working anyone??

Posted via CB10
    I wonder how many times that has been asked, and answered.
    No. Not on BB10.
    jzajac likes this.
    11-23-15 07:43 PM
    I wonder how many times that has been asked, and answered.
    No. Not on BB10.
    Since the new update for Google play and such, it has been asked once.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 07:43 PM
9,813 ... 145146147148149 ...