Try this latest GMAPS 9.12 patched ready if you are on 10.3.2. It works with sign in and new feature Timeline.
    https://mega.co.nz/#!i04nCZSA!AI1dOs...ngCPwAvxi7WvB8
    You don't need to ever patch gmaps. It works by itself
    07-26-15 07:23 AM
    Dear Cobalt,
    "Please note that you cannot login to Google Maps if you have Google Play services (com.google.android.gms.apk) installed together with Google Login Services. The two interfere with each other. It's one or the other"
    Google play services = com.google.android.gms.apk
    And about the Google Login Services do u mean Google Account Manager 4.3.2
    I cannot find how to login google maps.
    If I'd like to use google maps with full option then I must delete the google account manager. If I have COC able to login with google account, after that I can not log in?

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 08:02 AM
    Patched gmaps seems to not display profile pic
    Can anyone verify?
    07-26-15 10:14 AM
    I just made my first attempt at installing your patched versions as described in your thread and was thrilled that it all worked out for the apps I was trying to run - you tube in particular. I had wanted to try to app rather than the built in BB version.

I then ran into a problem. I have probably about 12 apps that I have installed successfully using first the Amazon appstore from BB, then moved over to your SNAP which I prefer.

But after I installed all of the google services, play store and so forth as per your model, when I went to update a couple of the updates that had been installed before the google play services installed, I couldn't update them using snap or amazon. I uninstalled the whole framework that I got from you and was now able to complete the updates.

Wondering, do I need to uninstall my current google apps and reinstall from your versions. I didn't notice the google id's, but when I did the install of your apps, it created the id to the phone. Don't know if it was the same as the one originally in snap. Is it possible that I ended up with conflicting id's, or is there just an issue that people may know about with having the mix of installs from SNAP, Amazon app store, and I have used uptown for facebook messenger, because one of the updates wouldn't run, so I used uptown to get at an early version to run it.

Any suggestions. For now, I am just leaving things alone.

Thanks, Bruce
    07-26-15 07:01 PM
    Patched gmaps seems to not display profile pic
    Can anyone verify?
    It happens first time and once you browse 'your places' , 'your timeline' etc in menu, it will show up. because it happened with me when I patched and installed.
    07-27-15 01:20 AM
    Dear Cobalt,
    "Please note that you cannot login to Google Maps if you have Google Play services (com.google.android.gms.apk) installed together with Google Login Services. The two interfere with each other. It's one or the other"
    Google play services = com.google.android.gms.apk
    And about the Google Login Services do u mean Google Account Manager 4.3.2
    I cannot find how to login google maps.
    If I'd like to use google maps with full option then I must delete the google account manager. If I have COC able to login with google account, after that I can not log in?

Posted via CB10
    This was true once upon a time, not any more. I have been using last couple of google maps versions (of course patched) with sign in and with play services installed. you can try the patched version posted above, it works on mine with 10.3.2 os.
    07-27-15 01:27 AM
    How do I go about updating these files on my Passport? I have old revs of each (Google Play Store/Services, Google BlackBerry ID, etc.) on my device installed already.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    07-27-15 08:40 AM
    How do I go about updating these files on my Passport? I have old revs of each (Google Play Store/Services, Google BlackBerry ID, etc.) on my device installed already.

You delete all of them and download/install the new ones

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 09:13 AM
    Okay, thanks.

07-27-15 01:03 PM
    Some Good News:
    Google 'retires' G+ as a requirement, starting with YouTube (update)
    Read:
    jzajac likes this.
    07-27-15 03:58 PM
    Some Good News:
    Read:
    I am thrilled to read that. G+ is ok..but it won't be worth it for me to maintain a presence on it.
    07-27-15 04:07 PM
    Some Good News:
    Read:
    That is some good news, thanks!
    07-27-15 05:11 PM
    google maps works great on my Z30 with the Play store installed with google account and BlackBerry Google ID
    Used it yesterday driving up I35 from San Antonio to Waco and the traffic was the worst ever and the traffic flow was dead on.
    07-27-15 05:46 PM
    Has anyone got push notifications with ESPN to work?
    07-27-15 11:09 PM
    For some reason I can't get snapchat to log me in. I patched the file and installed it on my classic. I can get to the login screen. When I type in my username and password it tells me that "my login temporarily failed.." Does snapchat not work with cobalts method?
    07-27-15 11:53 PM
    As this has not been clearly answered, would anyone here tell me if using Google Photos App finally works?
    Google is starting to retire Google Plus, so it would be great to finally use Google Photos.

So, is there a way to make Google Photos (NOT G+) work?
    07-28-15 04:16 AM
    For some reason I can't get snapchat to log me in. I patched the file and installed it on my classic. I can get to the login screen. When I type in my username and password it tells me that "my login temporarily failed.." Does snapchat not work with cobalts method?
    No. Snapchat no longer works with any method.

Posted via my Z30 with the CrackBerry App
    07-28-15 06:23 AM
    Follow post # 2266, Get snapchat 9.3 patched working first, then get 9.11 form post 2266 and update straight ( as it is patched ready)
    It works on 10.3.2 but no notification though.You can try it.
    07-28-15 10:52 AM
    Follow post # 2266, Get snapchat 9.3 patched working first, then get 9.11 form post 2266 and update straight ( as it is patched ready)
    Thank you. I will try this tonight. Do you think there is any way snapchat might be able to catch on and block our accounts using this method? I mean we are using an official build of the app.
    07-28-15 12:20 PM
    The thing is that method doesn't work for everyone even if their running on 10.3.2 so it's pretty much 50/50. That method has never worked for me unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 12:23 PM
    Some of you already know that youtube is one of the apps that can't be patched by GMaps patcher. This is because that app has two signature checks in the code and the patcher can only remove one of the two checks.

Here is the procedure how to manually patch Youtube:

What you need:
    1. A PC
    2. GMaps Patcher
    3. Grep Win (get it at grepwin - Browse Files at SourceForge.net)
    4. The latest YouTube APK file

Install GrepWin after download. You will need it later to find the second signature check.

Patching the first signature check:

1. Run GMaps patcher
    2. In options tab unselect "decompile resources"
    3. In options tab select "keep processing folder"
    4. Choose the YouTube apk file and press analyze
    5. GMAPS Patcher will suggest two patches: "Google Play Services Patch # 1" and "Android Protection Level"
    6. Unselect "Android Protection Level" patch, DO NOT PRESS CONTINUE!!

Patching the second signature check:

1. Run Grep Win. The GUI will display two input fields: "Search in" and "Search for"
    2. Fill the input field "Search in" with the path of the decompiled youtube app. This normally is GMaps Patcher\tmp\com.google.android.youtube\smali. Use the 3 dots on the right to find that folder.
    3. Fill the input field "Search for" with the string "GooglePlayServicesUtil" (without "") and press "Search"
    4. Two files will show up. They will be called something like agm.smali and dvp.smali
    5. Open (double click) the second file in the list and you will see the smali code of that class. Scroll in that file until you see the code below:

Code:
    .method public static a(Landroid/content/Context;)I
        .locals 9

.prologue
        const/4 v4, 0x2

const/4 v2, 0x1

const/4 v1, 0x0

const/16 v3, 0x9
    change the 0x9 to 0x0. that is zero x zero. Then save the file. .

Now go back to GMaps patcher and press CONTINUE. The patcher will rebuild the app and the patched version will be put into the GMaps Patcher\output folder.

That's it. You should now have a working version of YouTube.
    07-28-15 12:50 PM
    Some of you already know that youtube is one of the apps that can't be patched by GMaps patcher. This is because that app has two signature checks in the code and the patcher can only remove one of the two checks.

What you need:
    1. A PC
    2. GMaps Patcher

Install GrepWin after download. You will need it later to find the second signature check.

1. Run GMaps patcher
    5. GMAPS Patcher will suggest two patches: "Google Play Services Patch # 1" and "Android Protection Level"

1. Run Grep Win. The GUI will display two input fields: "Search in" and "Search for"
    2. Fill the input field "Search in" with the path of the decompiled youtube app. This normally is GMaps Patcher\tmp\com.google.android.youtube\smali. Use the 3 dots on the right to find that folder.
    3. Fill the input field "Search for" with the string "GooglePlayServicesUtil" (without "") and press "Search"
    4. Two files will show up. They will be called something like agm.smali and dvp.smali
    5. Open (double click) the second file in the list and you will see the smali code of that class. Scroll in that file until you see the code below:

Code:
        .locals 9

.prologue
        const/4 v4, 0x2

const/4 v2, 0x1

const/4 v1, 0x0

const/16 v3, 0x9

Now go back to GMaps patcher and press CONTINUE. The patcher will rebuild the app and the patched version will be put into the GMaps Patcher\output folder.

Okay, I will definitely try this out.

Maybe there is also a possibility or chance that other (un-) related android apps (like " Sonic Runners " for example) has the same two signatures in it to be patched with.

Posted via CB10
    BB10TimBerry likes this.
    07-28-15 02:27 PM

What you need:
    1. A PC
    2. GMaps Patcher

1. Run GMaps patcher

Code:
        .locals 9

.prologue
        const/4 v4, 0x2

const/4 v2, 0x1

const/4 v1, 0x0

const/16 v3, 0x9

Thats great, I got the latest youtube working with full function, Now I can see vertical video as well. The only reason to use android youtube is I can chromecast it to my TV.

One thing to note in above cobalt method: When I uncheck 'Decompile resources' and analyze, then I get only one option 'Google Advertising'
    and If I leave 'Decompile resources' checked, I get two option 'Google Advertising' and 'Android Protection Level'
    So I kept 'Decompile resources' checked.
    Second thing I saw in smali code, The line 'const/16 v3, 0x9' , I get 'Const/16 v0, 0x9', So I changed that line to 'Const/16 v0, 0x0' as explained.

Its great to know how to remove 'Android protection level' Thanks a lot Cobalt.

Those who want the latest Youtube patched with this method can get it from below:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!P9hEgSaA!lYnZi0...mO7IBa72XMthrQ
    07-28-15 04:03 PM
    Nice to hear that it works. I suggest to uncheck "decompile resources" because it is less invasive. The patching doesn't require the resources to be decompiled. It's always better to decompile/recompile the absolute minimum of code.
    07-28-15 04:12 PM
    It doesn't work for me. I don't understand what snapchat's problem is...they'd get more revenue with us using it so why do they keep blocking us..
    07-28-15 04:34 PM
9,813 ... 101102103104105 ...