I just installed the Account Manager from post 1. The problem is gone - THANK YOU!

The reason I checked that Google Maps on my Passport always shows Location services disabled. It brings me to settings. No matter whether Passport > Settings > Location is turned on or off, Google Maps always shows it is disabled. Any suggestions? This happens to me on several OS updates. Really wants to have a functional Google Maps...
    Try turning on "Location" in android settings.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 03:13 PM
    Try turning on "Location" in android settings.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I fixed that using Ghost Commander.
    03-20-15 04:50 PM
    Is it safe to update apps with new Google playstore? I have a whole new list of stuff to update.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 04:14 AM
    thx . i will install it and try it out for a few days.

i also notice this:
    under the android ID, account, i always have a sync error.
    under blackberry setting, accounts, third party accounts, i see a list of google app with the latest sync date and time.
    curious if this is normal
    thx
    03-21-15 09:08 AM
    I had Google Play Store installed on Blackberry Passport. But after it upgraded to 10.3.1.1565 the Google Play Store has dissapired from the screen. Throuw Google Account and Blackberry Google ID still there. Shoud I uninstall everything and do all the procedure again? Thank you.
    03-22-15 02:13 AM
    Redownload all files 3 files from the Play Store thread and reinstall. Link is in post 1. Visit the Play Store thread once in a month to get new updates of the Store.
    03-22-15 04:00 AM
    For any app that syncs data you'll additionally need the com.google.android.gsf apk to be installed. You'll find the file in one of the posts.
    i installed com.google.android.gsf-v3, and also installed patched gmail app, it worked perfect. gmail sync no issue.
    as Sally mentioned, i was getting a lot of error messages, like process gapps stop working, also an error about google play services stopped working.
    did not seem to help google keep. and google calendar will not allow me to add calendar so it has nothing to sync too.
    google fit says it needs a data connection.

thx for help

on a side note, i noticed a few more apps working with google play service 6.6.0.3. the only part of google now that does not work for me is the voice command "ok google".
    03-22-15 10:07 AM
    i installed com.google.android.gsf-v3, and also installed patched gmail app, it worked perfect. gmail sync no issue.
    as Sally mentioned, i was getting a lot of error messages, like process gapps stop working, also an error about google play services stopped working.
    did not seem to help google keep. and google calendar will not allow me to add calendar so it has nothing to sync too.
    google fit says it needs a data connection.

thx for help

on a side note, i noticed a few more apps working with google play service 6.6.0.3. the only part of google now that does not work for me is the voice command "ok google".
    I only have the google ID and sign in installed. Even befor that I had the app CalenGoo installed. Version 1.0.126. It signs into google and syncs perfectly. Find it and give it a shot if you need a working calendar.
    Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 01:33 PM
    Cobalt,

I was wondering if you could steer me in the right direction. I installed the following apk's to try to get my Google apps working, but to no avail. I'm running the official BB version of 10.3....

com.google.android.gsf.login-4.3.2-cobalt.apk
    com.google.android.gms.-5.0.89-cobalt.apk
    cobalt.google.android.gsf-v3.apk
    cobalt.google.settings.apk

When I try to use the Google apps, I get error messages to the effect 'Unfortunately....has stopped working...'
    I'd like to give it one last try before waving the white flag and just removing all the Google apps I installed.
    Can you tell me exactly which files, by name, I should install? Is there anything else I should be doing you can think of?

many thanks.
    Yousaf Rao likes this.
    03-22-15 06:56 PM
    I always get this when I try to download files required for google play, suggestions plz
    Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20150323_085119.png

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 10:22 PM
    Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20150323_071524.png

http://google-play-games.en.uptodown.com/android/old

Hi Cobalt or Sally Mack. I have found older versions APK files of Google Play Games (See link here above).

First question: Is there a slight chance or possibility to modify an android app that also too can be supported for the BB10 OS 10.3.0 / 10.3.1 and beyond? If so, could you please do that for us?

These older apps only requires Google Play Services but the patched GPS'es for BB10 devices are outdated.

Second question: Do you have a newest patched APK file of Google Play Services for the BB10 OS 10.3.0 / 10.3.1 and beyond?

Many thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ginowine; 03-23-15 at 12:12 PM.
    03-23-15 01:33 AM
    Ia there a work around to be able to sign in on youtube?
    03-23-15 12:05 PM
    I always get this when I try to download files required for google play, suggestions plz
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150323_085119.png 
Views:	3613 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	343168

Posted via CB10
    You need to install mega Android app and then long tap on the link and use "open in" feature to download it via Mega App..

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 02:55 PM
    Hey,

I'm stucked with a problem.
    I installed Google Settings; Account and Playstore, everything works like a charm, but after I install Youtube all videos are endless loading.
    I tried also manually download and patch app from Play Store and same problem.
    My OS version: 10.3.1:2582

Is there any solution ? Thanks in advance !
    03-24-15 04:17 AM
    You need to install mega Android app and then long tap on the link and use "open in" feature to download it via Mega App..

Posted via CB10
    When using Tapatalk Mega app doesn't show up as a choice in the "Open In" list.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    03-25-15 05:11 AM
    Why do you still want to use the Android version for YouTube? You can't sign in

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 06:56 PM
    http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-...-apk-download/http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-...-apk-download/Cobalt, you should edit the OP and throw the com.google.android.gms-6.6.03-cobalt from your other thread in the links, since your 6.1 beta is the most up to date one on this thread.

Just in case anyone was wondering, Google search works pretty well. I'm going to keep testing to see if I can get more functionality out of it, but I'm able to voice search and say commands like "navigate to the University of Utah" which then opens Google Maps and starts GPS navigation, as well as normal Google search type of stuff.

I'm going to patch it right now and see if anything else happens, since commands like "Call ___" return a "you need Google services installed."

Is there a way to remap the Blackberry assistant button to launch google voice search if this ends up working pretty well?

Edit: I spent way too long patching various versions of Google Search; should've been studying. Patching the most recent version enabled Google Now but it killed off voice search.

Grab Google Search (com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-4.1.24.1672412.arm - http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-...-apk-download/) and patch that one, Google Now and voice search works. If I say "Call ____" it will say can't find contact but then when you hit the search for contact it pulls up Android contacts list. If you select the contact from there it does register in the app and then it will actually dial via BB dialer. Weird conflict I guess.
    Last edited by Poi25; 03-25-15 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Spent 2 hours patching different APKs.
    03-25-15 08:42 PM
    Cobalt,

I was wondering if you could steer me in the right direction. I installed the following apk's to try to get my Google apps working, but to no avail. I'm running the official BB version of 10.3....

com.google.android.gsf.login-4.3.2-cobalt.apk
    com.google.android.gms.-5.0.89-cobalt.apk
    cobalt.google.android.gsf-v3.apk
    cobalt.google.settings.apk

When I try to use the Google apps, I get error messages to the effect 'Unfortunately....has stopped working...'
    I'd like to give it one last try before waving the white flag and just removing all the Google apps I installed.
    Can you tell me exactly which files, by name, I should install? Is there anything else I should be doing you can think of?

many thanks.
    1. You need to patch said apps. Check cobalt's other threads for this.

2. If you're using apps like Gmail which requires gsf-v3, you'll also need a newer patched Google play services (6+).

3. Even with that, not all Google apps will work. Apps that don't work include calendar, hangouts, Google play games, Google+ and im sure there's more I'm missing.
    03-25-15 10:33 PM
    Has anyone had any success in getting Google wallet to work? I have the latest on leak. I haven't ever had any problems with patched apps except Wallet. I could see why Google might have buttoned that particular up much more for security and policy compliance because it deals with money. I wish it worked though. I'd like to try it out. I love this particular forum. Thanks to everyone that participates.

Will. Z30
    03-26-15 07:01 AM
    Hi, first time blackberry and crackberry here.

Just got my passport and installed all the relevant files from the first post:

Google account
    Blackberry google id
    Google store
    Google play service
    Android youtube version

Everything works fine for me except that sometimes the google play store doesn't load. But I figured that after I go into device monitor and clear data of the google play store app. It works fine again. So it s not really an issue for me.

However, what annoys me is that after installation of a few apps from google store, i keep getting message that my storage space is full and cannot install the app from google play store anymore (my storage is 28g free and I tried and successfully downloaded and installed apps from the blackberry world ).

I also did a security wipe and install all those apps again but same thing happens. T.T

Anyone has any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 08:13 AM
    Bear in mind that it's PHONE storage space, and not sd card that is required for play store to work properly.

Do you have any anti virus apps like security 360 installed? Sometimes those get in the way and block the installation of apps, then play store throws a funny error like storage space.
    03-26-15 12:09 PM
    Bear in mind that it's PHONE storage space, and not sd card that is required for play store to work properly.

Do you have any anti virus apps like security 360 installed? Sometimes those get in the way and block the installation of apps, then play store throws a funny error like storage space.
    Hi Sally, think I found the solution.
    Thanks anyway

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 12:23 PM
    Play Store works fine but it will not let me install google play services any help?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-26-15 02:45 PM
    Google Play services from Play Store cannot be installed. Use the patched version from post 1.
    03-26-15 03:00 PM
    Hi, was wondering if you could help, I have installed the play store along with everything else. I have downloaded snapchat and patched it to get rid of the play services and also install the patched play services you provided. I am able to get to the log in page but when I try to login it just times out and says that it couldn't connect to the server. Am I doing anything wrong or is it just not possible to get it to work?!

Thanks in advance

Terence.
    03-26-15 05:18 PM
9,813 ... 4647484950 ...