Thanks for all this assistance in getting Google stuff, it works perfectly pretty much ...

Just have a quick question - I currently have google account and google services installed on my classic BB - It doesnt seem to have caused a problem - but would it cause a problem to google play if i deleted google account but kept google services ? My google services icon is greyed out at the mo ...

Appreciate your help - thanks
    03-19-15 03:25 AM
    Google Account is required for almost all Google apps. If you remove it, the Google system account will be removed from the device. Things won't work anymore.
    03-19-15 04:47 AM
    Why the recent Google play services always crash on opening android apps?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 05:29 AM
    Hi Cobalt.. having trouble downloading Google Play services from your mirrors and dropbox.. I managed to download from my pc but it wouldn't allow my to install them onto my phone.

Posted via CB10
    Do you have set to allow installing apps from others sources?

See "Settings -> App Manage -> Installing Apps "

Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20150319_072859.png

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 06:31 AM
    Attachment 342343

Is anyone getting this after downloading from google play store? Has anyone overcome this? If so, how? I will uninstall and attempt to download file via "snap". (fingers crossed)

Posted via CB10
    Read the faq in the first post for info on how to deal with Google play services issues.
    03-19-15 10:37 AM
    Android app open crash

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 10:38 AM
    Android app smoothly not working why?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 10:40 AM
    Attachment 342341

Google+

Has anyone gotten it to work after downloading from google play store?

-requesting google play services.

Found patch on page 1. Downloaded and opened "play services" still no success running Google+.

Did I miss anything?
    Most all else works! Cool!

Posted via CB10
    Google + login doesn't work. No solution for this at this time.
    03-19-15 10:45 AM
    How does one login to MEGA once downloaded ?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 11:06 AM
    Hi,
    How do I know if i have andorid runtime installed on my z10? because i can't get any APK files to install. (I have have set to allow installing apps from others sources)
    03-19-15 11:58 AM
    How does one login to MEGA once downloaded ?

Posted via CB10
    You'll have to create an account.
    03-19-15 12:07 PM
    The app just has a login front page, do I need another link or a pc to create a/c?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 01:40 PM
    Hi Cobalt, I downloaded and installed your Google account and Google Setting apps. In Google Settings/Android Device Manager/Remotely Locate This Device, it shows "Unavailable because Settings > Location is turned off". While on Passport > Settings > Location is turned on. Is it normal?

Then on Google Account app > Add a Google Account > Existing > Retype password. No matter how many times I tried to enter correct password. It always shows "Couldn't sign in. There was a problem communicating with Google servers. Try again later". Is it normal?

I apologize if there is always an answer somewhere. Thanks!
    03-19-15 03:41 PM
    The Blackberry Android Runtime doesn't have a device manager that you can use to locate your device. That's why you can't turn it on.

For Account Manager: What version of Google Login are you using. It looks you are not using the latest one. Did you get the version from post 1?
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    03-19-15 04:10 PM
    The Blackberry Android Runtime doesn't have a device manager that you can use to locate your device. That's why you can't turn it on.

For Account Manager: What version of Google Login are you using. It looks you are not using the latest one. Did you get the version from post 1?
    OK. I downloaded the Account Manager a while ago. I will try to download the latest one from post 1. Thanks!

ⓟⓐⓢⓢⓟⓞⓡⓣ ⓑⓨ ⓒⓗⓞⓞⓢⓔ
    03-19-15 04:18 PM
    I just installed the Account Manager from post 1. The problem is gone - THANK YOU!

The reason I checked that Google Maps on my Passport always shows Location services disabled. It brings me to settings. No matter whether Passport > Settings > Location is turned on or off, Google Maps always shows it is disabled. Any suggestions? This happens to me on several OS updates. Really wants to have a functional Google Maps...
    03-19-15 04:33 PM
    Hmm weird. Don't know the solution.
    03-19-15 04:56 PM
    i have a question about installing a few google apps. i am on z30, 10.3.1. have read read many posts so far, i have the playstore installed, and a few apps.
    i have google keep and calendar installed, patched. i can add items to it, but it will not sync to my google account.
    i have also tried google fit, it will install, but crashes soon after i try to open it.
    i also randomly get an error "google play servies" has stopped running?
    i have the playstore running well, google chrome, patched and sync to my account, maps, my tracks, music, etc so i think the 3 main files that need to be installed are working, google login, android ID, playstore.

anyone know if i missed something for google keep, calendar and fit.

thx

keith
    03-19-15 05:14 PM
    For any app that syncs data you'll additionally need the com.google.android.gsf apk to be installed. You'll find the file in one of the posts.
    03-19-15 05:26 PM
    thx cobalt.

i'm sure i have that one, but maybe there are 2 gsf and i misunderstood

i have installed :
    com.google.android.gsf.login-4.3.2-cobalt.apk (i did not patch this one)
    com.google.android.gms-6.603-cobalt ( think this is google play service)
    cobalt.blackberry.androidID-2.04 (did not patch this one)
    com.android.vending-5.3.6 -cobalt ( i patched this one, google playstore)

is there also just a com.google.android.gsf (without the .login-4.3.2-colbalt) maybe this is where i went wrong
    03-19-15 09:12 PM
    I wish that we all have a patched app or APK file of Google Play Games for BlackBerry 10.

It's because of the gaming android apps that some of them requires Google Play Games Services and Google Play Services itself. In that app you can save game states, digital trophy's and scores when a gaming app is attached with.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 11:32 PM
    thx cobalt.

i'm sure i have that one, but maybe there are 2 gsf and i misunderstood

i have installed :
    com.google.android.gsf.login-4.3.2-cobalt.apk (i did not patch this one)
    com.google.android.gms-6.603-cobalt ( think this is google play service)
    cobalt.blackberry.androidID-2.04 (did not patch this one)
    com.android.vending-5.3.6 -cobalt ( i patched this one, google playstore)

is there also just a com.google.android.gsf (without the .login-4.3.2-colbalt) maybe this is where i went wrong
    Play Store comes prepatched, you should not patch it again. This may cause instability. The file you are missing is this one:

com.google.android.gsf-v3

I have updated the first post with a permanent download link.
    Last edited by Cobalt232; 03-20-15 at 03:16 AM.
    annon91221 likes this.
    03-20-15 02:12 AM
    Play Store comes prepatched, you should not patch it again. This may cause instability. The file you are missing is this one:

com.google.android.gsf-v3

I have updated the first post with a permanent download link.
    Is there a disadvantage of having this installed anyways?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 09:15 AM
    It has some background services that may consume some resources. Beside of that there should be no negative effect.
    03-20-15 09:54 AM
    I noticed I got more frequent Google play services crashes... but give it a shot and let us know how it works out for you.
    03-20-15 12:51 PM
9,813 ... 4546474849 ...