!

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 01:34 AM
    My youtube doesn't play any video...nor I'm abe to sign in..it just buffers and that's it!! help!!!

Posted via CB10
    Can't sign in to youtube. Nothing you can do for that right now.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 06:35 AM
    No, I'm having the same problem too. I just deleted the Google Play Services 6.6.03 after using it for half a day and my battery life is now significantly improved. I'm going to try 5.0.89 and 6.1.05 later tonight to see how those go.
    Did I miss something? Where did you get a patched version of 6.6.0.3? Or is it not patched?
    02-09-15 03:54 PM
    Did I miss something? Where did you get a patched version of 6.6.0.3? Or is it not patched?
    Yes, you missed something. Cobalt posted it in one of the threads along with something else. But I cannot remember where and in what conjunction now.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 03:59 PM
    Cobalt is it me or I can't edit permissions anymore from Android settings?
    Maybe the play store is conflicting with it and messing it up?
    Thanks!

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    02-15-15 11:23 AM
    Use Blackberry Google ID to edit permissions. You can't edit them in Android Settings.
    Oglon3r and eduardofontes like this.
    02-15-15 02:26 PM
    Use Blackberry Google ID to edit permissions. You can't edit them in Android Settings.
    Let me facepalm for a second...
    Thanks lol

02-15-15 10:36 PM
    I'm using the Google Play Services 6.1.05 and battery life is much much better than 6.6.03. It's actually just a little lower battery life than before I installed it but still am getting around 20 something hours avg.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 12:49 AM
    Cobalt, links on post 1 to the prior versions of the patched Google Services files are not working, do you have new ones you can provide? I want to test something between versions. =) thanks in advance

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    02-16-15 06:29 AM
    ... I did something terrible wrong. I deleted some files. Now Google Map does not work on my Passport 10.3.0 any more. It asks to turn on location services, but fails to recognize it even though the location services is on.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 08:53 AM
    ... I did something terrible wrong. I deleted some files. Now Google Map does not work on my Passport 10.3.0 any more. It asks to turn on location services, but fails to recognize it even though the location services is on.

Posted via CB10
    Do you specifically remember what you deleted?

02-18-15 11:54 AM
    Do you specifically remember what you deleted?

Unfortunately I don't remember... I deleted many things to avoid android apps to work on the background. Now battery last forever! But Google Map is gone.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 04:20 PM
    The apk won't download, and I get an error message: 'xApp not installed.'
    Phone model:SM-N9008S, rooted.

I have downloaded Google Play (my phone is Chinese and all things Google related have been wiped), but it won't open. It flashes and exits immediately. Please help, thanks
    02-21-15 08:15 AM
    I've download Google Login, is google login same as google account manager? I don't see any 'Google login' in BBsettings

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 08:41 AM
    Yes it is.
    02-21-15 08:54 AM

I have downloaded Google Play (my phone is Chinese and all things Google related have been wiped), but it won't open. It flashes and exits immediately. Please help, thanks
    Are you saying the error message says that your phone is a Note, or are you actually trying to install this on a Note?

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 08:57 AM

This is for BlackBerry phones without play services.

Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport
    02-21-15 09:13 AM
    Unfortunately I don't remember... I deleted many things to avoid android apps to work on the background. Now battery last forever! But Google Map is gone.

Posted via CB10
    You will have to reload OS.

You deleted random OS files to prevent android apps from running, and now want an android app to run.

02-21-15 09:13 AM
    I've download google login, then open BlackBerry settings, then go to accounts, choose add new account, and found nothing
    Thankss

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 10:43 AM
    You will have to reload OS.

You deleted random OS files to prevent android apps from running, and now want an android app to run.

I thought that might be the reason. However, this morning I received updated OS 10.3.1.1581. Google Map still does not recognize the location services on my ATT Passport. Weird!

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 03:30 PM
    Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20150223_201516.png
    Did I miss something? Where is the Gmail Account?
    1. Install (BBgoogleID, google account manager, playstore)
    2. Sign in with BlackBerry google ID + using '2 apps specific password
    3. Do exactly what written in post 1, but can't find 3rd party gmail acc

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 07:19 AM
    For those of you who have apps that are not pushing notifications to the Hub and are desperate for any kind of workaround to get something, I have an interesting workaround to propose to you that I did myself and have been happy with.

This requires you have an old Android phone lying around that you can leave lying around the house permanently on wifi, which I'm betting most of you on here do and that is why you're desperately trying to get Android functionality on your BlackBerry.

Install the apps you want notifications to on the old Android and log in to them so the Android phone receives notification.
    Install Tasker from Play Store on Android phone (I already had this app, but for those who don't I think it only costs a few bucks).
    Install Email Me Pro on Android phone (costs $2).
    Set trigger for Tasker to be on phone receiving Notification from the specific app you want the BlackBerry to receive and make the action to send an email via the plug-in Email Me Pro.
    Do something like set the subject of the email to be "%NTITLE" (Tasker variable set to text of last received push notification on phone).
    I set all this up with an extra gmail account I created specifically for these notifications so now in the BlackBerry Hub I have an email account specifically labeled as Android Notifications.

Sync the same email on your BlackBerry phone and voila! You now will receive a Hub notification (an email that looks like a Notification) every time you get a notification on the Android. So far has worked for everything expect SnapChat because they annoyingly do not allow the same account to be logged in from two locations.

Hope this idea helps others.

Thanks Cobalt for all your work! A++ stuff.
    garrett1972 likes this.
    02-23-15 01:11 PM
    Google account was not in my settings but instead it was place as an app. And when I try to sign in o an existing account they telling me there is a problem connecting to Google server. How can I fix this.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 12:39 PM
    Google account was not in my settings but instead it was place as an app. And when I try to sign in o an existing account they telling me there is a problem connecting to Google server. How can I fix this.

Posted via CB10
    Don't try to log in from "google account", log in from the app you want to log on, this will invoke Google account.

Posted via CB10
    SIR_LIL_SAINT likes this.
    02-24-15 04:07 PM
    I think I messed up by installing both the Login Services and Play Services before trying to login using the BlackBerry->Settings->Accounts->Add. Now I don't see the Google login anywhere on that screen. I tried deleting the Google Play Services and restarting the phone (Z10 running official 10.3.1), but I just can't login in to Google because it doesn't show up in BlackBerry Settings.

Any ideas?

This is the suggested order to install the apps:

1. Google Login Services: Install, then login from Blackberry account settings (do NOT login in the installed app)
    2. Google Play store
    3. Google Play store downloader

With those 3 apps you can use the Playstore and some basic apps that don't require Google Play services

Then..
    4. Google Play services (install this, if you run apps that require Google play services)

Optionally you can install the rest of the other apps from the page in any order.
    Twenynge likes this.
    02-27-15 12:45 PM
9,813 ... 4142434445 ...