I have had the same Google Chrome failure on my BlackBerry Passport after the update, even after first patching it. I uninstalled it and reverted to the previous version which continues to work fine.
    How did you do that? I couldn't find the apk file on my phone!

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 05:57 AM
    How did you do that? I couldn't find the apk file on my phone!

Posted via CB10
    Did you have the app downloaded before updating to build 5 of the play store or did you download it from snap? Or would you back up a file to create an apk version for you?

The possibility of downgrading is why I always save the last working apk.

Posted via CB10
    polgara59 likes this.
    01-28-15 06:57 AM
    Give me a solution for this problem
    Attachment 330228
    Attachment 330229

Posted via CB10
    The solution might be to not download Google play services from the play store, that will probably break functionality. Only install the patched files provided by Cobalt.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 07:00 AM
    @Monkeyboy

Just read post 1, the section about Google Maps. I'm asking myself if anyone ever reads the first post before posting in a thread.
    Having same problem with the frequent notification to install Services for Maps. The Maps app seems to give street names and map out locations so it doesn't appear to need patching. I was trying to d/l and install the Cobalt Services from the first post but they appear to be broken. The first link says it has been disabled because it is being used too much. LOL. The second mirror can't be found. The third mega mirror says I don't have enough space in my mega d/l folder? Can the links be fixed? Thanks in advance.
    01-28-15 07:28 AM
    Is it possible to chance Android application permission? I don't want Waze have access to my contact, shared files, camera, etc. Also want to change other Android's apps permission.
    01-28-15 07:36 AM
    Is it possible to chance Android application permission? I don't want Waze have access to my contact, shared files, camera, etc. Also want to change other Android's apps permission.
    If you do that, you should not expect the app to work correctly. But if you still want to do it, you can download the Blackberry Google ID app from my Google Play Store thread. That app provides access to android permissions.
    01-28-15 07:50 AM
    Having same problem with the frequent notification to install Services for Maps. The Maps app seems to give street names and map out locations so it doesn't appear to need patching. I was trying to d/l and install the Cobalt Services from the first post but they appear to be broken. The first link says it has been disabled because it is being used too much. LOL. The second mirror can't be found. The third mega mirror says I don't have enough space in my mega d/l folder? Can the links be fixed? Thanks in advance.
    Post 1 describes how to disable those notifications.
    01-28-15 07:52 AM
    I would just like to say I loved my passport before. Now its the greatest phone ever. Google docs and sheets for work via google play store. Finally got it figured out. Thanks cobalt! Respec!!

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 09:56 AM
    Give me a solution for this problem

Posted via CB10
    I'm assuming there's a please in there somewhere, anyways, just disable notifications for maps. sometimes just doing it in the notifications section, but of times you need to goto android settings and disable notifications for maps there.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.2072
    Sally Mack likes this.
    01-28-15 08:17 PM
    If you do that, you should not expect the app to work correctly. But if you still want to do it, you can download the Blackberry Google ID app from my Google Play Store thread. That app provides access to android permissions.
    Thank you Cobalt, now I can change Android's app permissions
    01-28-15 08:25 PM
    If you have Chromecast working on your BlackBerry let us in on your secret. I haven�t been able to get it to find the dongle.
    I have Netflix working but I let my subscription lapse, so I can't try it to see if it actually connects to Chromecast

Sent using BlackBerry Passport
    Does your version of netflix show the cast option though?

No, chromecast app does not detect dongle in my case also.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Smokeaire likes this.
    01-28-15 09:24 PM
    Just updated the new play store and can now download purchased apps . Colbalt you're the best and make blackberry worth having. Can't thank you enough.
    Last edited by CRIISPP 647; 01-29-15 at 01:05 AM.
    01-29-15 12:16 AM
    Did you have the app downloaded before updating to build 5 of the play store or did you download it from snap? Or would you back up a file to create an apk version for you?

The possibility of downgrading is why I always save the last working apk.

Posted via CB10
    I need to check my computer to see if I still have a copy of the previous version. Thanks for the help!

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 06:27 AM
    I need to check my computer to see if I still have a copy of the previous version. Thanks for the help!

Posted via CB10
    Having a way of getting older versions of APK files would be great. If Google let you revert to earlier versions officially then you could undo a bad update.

I'm glad Cobalt's new version saves the APKs but I didn't have the early version of Chrome saved either.

Oh well. Time to hunt down some APKs I think!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    polgara59 likes this.
    01-29-15 07:55 AM
    Having a way of getting older versions of APK files would be great. If Google let you revert to earlier versions officially then you could undo a bad update.

I'm glad Cobalt's new version saves the APKs but I didn't have the early version of Chrome saved either.

Oh well. Time to hunt down some APKs I think!

Get older chrome versions here:
    Chrome APKs - APKMirror
    polgara59 and garrett1972 like this.
    01-29-15 08:05 AM
    Chrome APKs - APKMirror
    Hey can you check why google maps latest version doesn't work on z10 STL 1?

Do something about it to run it smoothly?

Please investigate. I am stuck at version 6.4.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 08:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    As I have a Q10 I cant investigate what's going wrong with Z10. The app can't be patched anyway, doing so will always result in a crashing app. On my Q10, the latest Maps works, but the first time I started the app I got a black screen. I just closed it and restarted and then it worked. I believe, the Z10 has a different processor and therefore doesn't have enough performance to run some apps smoothly.
    01-29-15 08:50 AM
    As I have a Q10 I cant investigate what's going wrong with Z10. The app can't be patched anyway, doing so will always result in a crashing app. On my Q10, the latest Maps works, but the first time I started the app I got a black screen. I just closed it and restarted and then it worked. I believe, the Z10 has a different processor and therefore doesn't have enough performance to run some apps smoothly.
    Thanks for a quick reply.

Though it is sad that we don't have a proper offline map app.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 09:27 AM
    There was a gentleman who said Google Keep was working for him, I'm trying search for his reply, so that I can quote.. Was anyone successful in running Keep in BB passport?

Cobalt - fyi.. I removed Google play services and the apps like Playstore, Youtube (won't login), Maps, Chrome all work fine. Infact I was working without play services for a month now, I wanted to get Keep working so I had to re-install it back.
    01-29-15 09:33 AM
    Latest Google Maps works fine on my Z10, just like the previous version. But I have a STL-3. STL-1 is a different animal.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 10:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's your processor. Nothing can be done.
    keshcides likes this.
    01-29-15 10:21 AM
    Apk train has a working version of chrome

Posted via CB10
    polgara59 likes this.
    01-29-15 10:27 PM
    Chrome APKs - APKMirror
    You are so awesome!

Has anyone yet figured it how to sign into a second Google account? I really don't want my work one to be my primary one on my personal phone, but I would like to access my work stuff.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 10:27 AM
    Thanks for a quick reply.

Though it is sad that we don't have a proper offline map app.

Posted via CB10
    How about NavFree? Works pretty. Goes offline.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.1949 (.1155 radio)
    halberry1 likes this.
    01-30-15 09:25 PM
    Chrome APKs - APKMirror
    Thanks a ton! Several new APKs seem to have stopped working on my Z10. Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1949.

I've seen other comments with some apps issues. The Android L update might be causing app compatibility issues, even if it says it will work for 4.3. Not just a BlackBerry issue it seems.

01-31-15 12:29 AM
9,813 ... 3940414243 ...