Hi man, I have little issue with spotify. The first time I have installed the app, everything works. When I reopen it, appears to me a message that I am offline, but the app works! Only the images, about covers, artist, won't displayed. Could be there a solution? And, please, could you check for me if you are able to make working the car2go app? Thanks a lot!
    01-18-15 05:23 PM
    I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this issue?

I'm on 10.3.1.20xx Passport

I have Google Play store installed and patched Google Play services.

I'm unable to install the patched YouTube app! It's giving me a pop up that says "unable to install this app"

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 07:44 PM
    It looks like it is already installed. Did you remove it before attempting to install the patched version. Updating won't work because of different signatures.
    01-19-15 12:29 AM
    It looks like it is already installed. Did you remove it before attempting to install the patched version. Updating won't work because of different signatures.
    Tried installing the YouTube app from Google Play and it went through fine. I deleted it, then tried to install the patched version. It's still giving me the same unable to install error.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 06:55 AM
    Hi,

Thanks for this... awesome work! I was able to install the Google Play Store but my previously side loaded version of Google maps now is constantly sending a message to my HUB asking for Google Play Services inorder for it to work but it works fine!! Is there anyway for me to get rid of the message? It's so annoying as it keeps coming back every hour! Thanks.

B
    01-19-15 10:32 AM
    I finally got the OS to backup. Then updated to newest version and reloaded the background data...seems fine. Noticed some improvements.

Still exploring

Posted via my Z10 running 10.3.1.2072 quite seamlessly on AT&T
    01-19-15 11:47 AM
    Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20150119_222024.png,(unfortunately, Google services has stopped) ,showing,though I have using 10.3.0.908, on my Z10 STL100-1,and installed Google login, patched Google services (patched by u),google BlackBerry I'd, and Microsoft office is also crushing,.
    My earnest request u to help me out from this trouble.
    With thanks in advance Mr.Cobalt.
    Dr.Pranabesh

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 01:59 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150119_222024.png 
Views:	4052 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	328353,(unfortunately, Google services has stopped) ,showing,though I have using 10.3.0.908, on my Z10 STL100-1,and installed Google login, patched Google services (patched by u),google BlackBerry I'd, and Microsoft office is also crushing,.
    My earnest request u to help me out from this trouble.
    With thanks in advance Mr.Cobalt.
    Dr.Pranabesh

Posted via CB10
    Sometimes that just pops up even with all needed files installed and with the app patched. Usually I find it's random and only after a reset of the device but for a couple of apps I've seen it last much longer.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 06:57 PM
    I get it every time I switch on or jump from cell to wifi and vice versa thinks it's 4 times or so then silent

Passport/10.3.0.1418. UK
    01-22-15 03:31 PM
    @Monkeyboy

Just read post 1, the section about Google Maps. I'm asking myself if anyone ever reads the first post before posting in a thread.
    Sally Mack likes this.
    01-23-15 04:28 AM
    @Monkeyboy

Just read post 1, the section about Google Maps. I'm asking myself if anyone ever reads the first post before posting in a thread.
    Many people do not. It's easier to just jump to the end of the thread and post their question. Your patience is admirable.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.1949 (.1155 radio)
    01-23-15 10:00 PM
    Thanks for the great info on this page. Was able to set things up pretty well so far as I learn my way around the device

Not sure about Google Maps. I've tried installing a few versions, both patched and unpatched, and have not succeeded in getting it working. In fact it seems to mess up the rest of the Google stuff and I have ro re-install the play services/login/play store... luckily it's a quick thing to do once you know how

Anyway I can use a bit of info:
    - Is there a recommended version for maps that will work? I imagine newer versions would need to go with newer versions of play services?
    - Does it need to be patched?
    - Where can I download it?

Finally a few more general questions. I realize I can not update the patched apps through play store. Can I update them otherwise by downloading the newer apk, patch it and install? Do I need to uninstall the old one first?
    Also what apps need patching? Is there a way to check for dependencies on the services, and to the version of the services?

Thanks in advance, and great work on the pages

Michel
    01-24-15 04:47 PM
    Thanks Michael for your feedback. Here some answers:

1. Google Maps must and can not be patched
    2. The latest version of Google Maps works. But the first time you run it you may get a black screen. Rebooting your device should fix that
    3. Patched apps can't be updated. The signature is different after patching.

Hope this helps.
    01-24-15 05:11 PM
    Regarding maps, I find version 9+ is a bit laggy. The last version of 8.x is probably the best combination of functionality and performance.

And yes, you can upgrade your patched apps by downloading the apk, patching it, and installing the patched version.
    01-24-15 06:59 PM
    I had a funny experience with Google Maps. I installed the latest using Playstore. Then I opened Snap and it showed an update for it. It had the same version number. So I tried to install it via Snap, but it just showed Open instead. I rebooted and it is still the same. The only way to get rid of the "Update" showing in Snap was to uninstall and then reinstall with Snap.
    Why is that, and why only with Google Maps!

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 07:13 PM
    Great, thank you
    I got to that black screen, and ended up just uninstalling the app, didn't try rebooting
    Thanks again for the great info. Perfect for a newbie like me :-)
    01-24-15 09:37 PM
    I have Google services on my Z30 and Google play store. But I still can't get golf now to work. Can anyone get me an app file that will work. Thanks
    01-26-15 12:05 AM
    Google services keeps crashing now. Is it because of a newer version being available?
    01-26-15 06:36 AM
    thank you,
    with your "android apps" support the Blackberry Passport is the "miracle" for an ex iSheep :-) that I was
    the quality of the hardware + hybrid software platform = superior pleasure!
    cheers
    01-26-15 05:50 PM
    Gah...I had Chrome working fine on my Passport, but then I let an update through and down the d*** thing won't even open, even with patching. Any ideas?

I'm not running any leaks and have all the files from the first post in this thread loaded.
    01-26-15 10:28 PM
    working
    01-27-15 05:32 PM
    I have had the same Google Chrome failure on my BlackBerry Passport after the update, even after first patching it. I uninstalled it and reverted to the previous version which continues to work fine.
    01-27-15 10:25 PM
    Is there a version of netflix that works with chromecast?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 01:36 AM
    Is there a version of netflix that works with chromecast?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    If you have Chromecast working on your BlackBerry let us in on your secret. I haven�t been able to get it to find the dongle.
    I have Netflix working but I let my subscription lapse, so I can't try it to see if it actually connects to Chromecast

Sent using BlackBerry Passport
    Last edited by Smokeaire; 01-28-15 at 05:24 AM.
    01-28-15 03:17 AM
    Give me a solution for this problem
    Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20150128_133717.png
    Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20150128_133812.png

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 05:01 AM
9,813 ... 3839404142 ...