I have got 10.2.1 official updates are all done. But 10.3 isn't official yet. Will the 10.3 update erase whole data in my device? Is it safe to update?

Posted via CB10
    Not the best place to ask. If you'll be updating to 10.3 or 10.3.1 using an autoloader then yes, it'll delete all your data. So make sure to back up your phone before with BB link.

But if you use the "blitz" method with Sachesi, then nothing will be erased, but it would be a good idea to make a back up before so if anything goes wrong you'll be able to restore.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 08:30 PM
    okay, I can download directly from Google Play Store, and have signed in, so maps, for example, seems to work okay. However Maps and some other apps don't recognize Google Play Services, so full functionality isn't quite there. This was working before (though I couldn't download from the Play Store) so am not sure if there's something I can do about this... I'm on 10.3
    11-11-14 10:20 PM
    If you want to patch with Gmaps it's better to download the apk on your computer. So first of all go into your browser on your computer and search for Google Play.
    Now search in Google Play for the app you want. Now copy the link and paste it in the downloader on this link. http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/

Press download and you will get the apk.
    Now install Gmaps patcher. It can be found here http://forums.crackberry.com/android...rvices-914930/
    Rum the program and search for your app you downloaded. NOTE: be sure to have Java installed!
    When the patching is done you will find a patched apk in the Gmaps folder (output) Now connect your phone to computer and place it somewhere on your phone.

Go into your phone settings and search for App manager. Now go to installing apps and this must be on
    Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20141112_060926.png
    Now browse for your apk you put on your phone and click on it. Normaly you can install it right now.

Posted with my awesome ? Z10
    11-11-14 11:10 PM
    Oki guys.. this is really tempting.. can someone post the link for Maps version 6.X or something that doesn't screw up with both both Google login and Google Play Store..

I would like to get into this and get some of that Google drive etc love..

Apprecited!!

Maybe SallyMack?..)

Posted via CB10
    I'm going on filename alone, but I think that's 6.14.5
    https://app.box.com/s/gwyidq9rby0xwxw253ng

If you haven't installed cobalt's patched Google play services apk, you can use whatever the latest is, and still login. If you have, then this one will do the trick.
    annon91221 likes this.
    11-11-14 11:12 PM
    okay, I can download directly from Google Play Store, and have signed in, so maps, for example, seems to work okay. However Maps and some other apps don't recognize Google Play Services, so full functionality isn't quite there. This was working before (though I couldn't download from the Play Store) so am not sure if there's something I can do about this... I'm on 10.3
    Which of cobalt's apks do you have installed? Which other apps are you attempting to use aside from maps? Have you patched them using one of cobalt's patchers?
    11-11-14 11:14 PM
    Great Feedback. I updated the first post with this information. Did someone ever try to use the buy/billing feature in Google Play store? I didn't, but maybe it works.
    Just tried it, and it worked flawlessly. Play store downloader of course can't download the paid app, but play store did it's job just fine.

I also tried invoking in-app billing, but that didn't result in any actions occurring.
    11-11-14 11:22 PM
    For anyone getting those Play services has stopped error, the culprit for me was Google Drive. Deleting it and deleting all of the Google services/login/play store apps and reinstalling them has fully eliminated the error messages. You can use Google Drive through Docs2Go in the amazon app store.
    11-11-14 11:43 PM
    I installed the Google Play store(latest I believe), installed the GFS V3, Downloader, had login installed previously.

I was holding off due to starred places on maps but tried the trick in OP and it works.. Thanks SallyMack for the link for 6.14 maps, I installed it but it was kina not fun going back to that version after having been on latest maps..

I did run into a bit of trouble with Downloader while updating maps from earlier(6.14) version.. Basically the Downloader was in some sort of maps downloading loop where it kept downloading maps over and over again. It would totally break the Android RT and I had to hard reset my phone a couple of times to get it back on.. I stopped launching the Downloader and everything is working flawlessly.

Drive works great..
    Maps work great with starred places... Edit.. can't save starred places from maps with both Google Accounts and Google settings.. will unintall google settings when saving starred places..
    PlayStore is phenomenal on Passport ..
    Keep works after patching..

However, I do get "Framework stopped working" error.. but it is pretty infrequent..

So, Downloader needs a bit of work in my opinion, would be great to be able to invoke downloading via Snap but I don't think invoking works down that route..

Last but not least, Great work guys!!

P.S can't believe how many google apps you require to run Google Apps
    Basically this is what I have installed to get everything working..

Attachment 313838
    Last edited by annon91221; 11-12-14 at 01:54 AM.
    11-12-14 01:19 AM
    Thanks for this great summary. Indeed you need to install some apps to get it all running, but remember that on an legacy Android device you don't see Google Login and Google framework, they are part of the os. Also BlackBerry Google ID is only required because of the missing framework.
    annon91221 likes this.
    11-12-14 01:57 AM
    For information I purchase music directly by Cobalt GP Store...it has been successfull!
    moody and Cobalt232 like this.
    11-12-14 02:35 AM
    Hey, Cobalt, thanks for your work.
    I have a little problem after update store to 5.0.0.38

Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20141112_123600.png

Previous version work normal.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 03:40 AM
    You did not install BlackBerry Google ID app.
    11-12-14 04:43 AM
    For information I purchase music directly by Cobalt GP Store...it has been successfull!
    Absolutely fabulous!
    11-12-14 04:45 AM
    Hi colbat. Hi have somehow managed to get Gmaps on.
    I have found the sites and got my info in ok.
    I'm running java 8. Seems to work ok. I can analyse the files ok.
    I go to out put folder with link and copy across to blackberry.
    But it says failure 500.
    What do I do now? Please.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 06:42 AM
    For anyone getting those Play services has stopped error, the culprit for me was Google Drive. Deleting it and deleting all of the Google services/login/play store apps and reinstalling them has fully eliminated the error messages. You can use Google Drive through Docs2Go in the amazon app store.
    I noticed that mine stopped after I deleted the Google Services Framework from my device. Since then I saw the pop up one time in 10.3.1, and so far not again.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 07:09 AM
    Sorry, but which apk is Google Services Framework. I have Blackberry Google ID, Google Account, Google Settings, the Playstore downloader and Playstore itself... is Framework something different?
    11-12-14 07:31 AM
    Hi cobalt,

Thanks for new play store it's perfect now, I can uninstall, update and install apps within playstore.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 07:33 AM
    Hi cobalt, pls suggest an app to sync my bb photos to Google account.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 07:39 AM
    Hi colbat. Hi have somehow managed to get Gmaps on.
    I have found the sites and got my info in ok.
    I'm running java 8. Seems to work ok. I can analyse the files ok.
    I go to out put folder with link and copy across to blackberry.
    But it says failure 500.
    What do I do now? Please.

Posted via CB10
    Looks like a progress. After patching, the patched apk file is in the output folder. This file must be copied to the memory card of your device.

As you report that you are having failure 500 this indicates that you are trying to sideload the file. This must not be done. You must copy the file to the drive that is associated with your device (Blackberry Link will mount your device as a writable memory, mostly mapped to Y: or Z. Then, if the file is copied, you can search it on the device with File Manager and install it.
    11-12-14 07:48 AM
    Sorry, but which apk is Google Services Framework. I have Blackberry Google ID, Google Account, Google Settings, the Playstore downloader and Playstore itself... is Framework something different?
    Link for that is in post #369. And if I believe that is still the latest one..

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 07:50 AM
    Hi cobalt, pls suggest an app to sync my bb photos to Google account.

Posted via CB10
    How about Google Drive. Download and install, then also install Google Services Framework V3, found some posts above.
    11-12-14 07:53 AM
    Link for that is in post #369. And if I believe that is still the latest one..

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, got it. Okay, I still have the same issue: if I install google services (settings) then Maps and Earth no longer see me as signed in and won't let me sign in. If I delete google services then it says I don't have google services, but shows me as signed in... Play store lets me download whether services is installed or not, and Google Chrome shows me as signed in as well. I also sometimes get an error message that com.google.process.gapps has stopped (when Services is installed)... Suggestions?
    11-12-14 08:26 AM
    Thanks, got it. Okay, I still have the same issue: if I install google services (settings) then Maps and Earth no longer see me as signed in and won't let me sign in. If I delete google services then it says I don't have google services, but shows me as signed in... Play store lets me download whether services is installed or not, and Google Chrome shows me as signed in as well. I also sometimes get an error message that com.google.process.gapps has stopped (when Services is installed)... Suggestions?
    It's a known problem and it cannot be solved. It is because Google Maps tries to use the login service provided by Google Play services when it detects that it is installed. Google Play services currently cannot login to your account and therefore you have the problem in Maps.

Only know working option is to use Google Maps 6.x (credits to Sally Mack)
    11-12-14 08:38 AM
    It's a known problem and it cannot be solved. It is because Google Maps tries to use the login service provided by Google Play services when it detects that it is installed. Google Play services currently cannot login to your account and therefore you have the problem in Maps.

Only know working option is to use Google Maps 6.x (credits to Sally Mack)
    Ah... okay. Thought it was just me. Everything else works beautifully... thanks so much.
    11-12-14 08:39 AM
    Thank you cobalt

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 09:28 AM
9,813 ... 1819202122 ...