Play Newsstand opens, but can't connect. I already patched it and the news feed is OK, although pressing on a news article shows the following:
    Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20141031_123056.png

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Stan04; 10-31-14 at 06:44 AM.
    10-31-14 06:31 AM
    Great! if you need anything please let me know.
    10-31-14 10:10 AM
    Play Newsstand opens, but can't connect. I already patched it and the news feed is OK, although pressing on a news article shows the following:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141031_123056.png 
Views:	2193 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	310925

Posted via CB10
    Works great here, even when Google Play services are not installed. Some Articles don't load, but this is a problem of the content provider and not of the app.
    10-31-14 10:47 AM
    Works great here, even when Google Play services are not installed. Some Articles don't load, but this is a problem of the content provider and not of the app.
    hey... can u explain to me one by one how to install all that things like Google play service , Google login, play store, n everything ...
    Tell me which one should I install first...
    Give me the link for download...
    Thank you!
    10-31-14 11:45 AM
    Cobalt I am experiencing a weird error. Often play store downloader app opens and start downloading line app. No idea why

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.938
    10-31-14 12:39 PM
    hey... can u explain to me one by one how to install all that things like Google play service , Google login, play store, n everything ...
    Tell me which one should I install first...
    Give me the link for download...
    Thank you!
    This is the suggested order to install the apps:

1. Google Login Services: Install, then login from Blackberry account settings (do NOT login in the installed app)
    2. Google Play store
    3. Google Play store downloader

With those 3 apps you can use the Playstore and some basic apps that don't require Google Play services

Then..
    4. Google Play services (install this, if you run apps that require Google play services)

Optionally you can install the rest of the other apps from the page in any order.
    moody and Fadzrul Yusoff like this.
    10-31-14 01:28 PM
    Cobalt I am experiencing a weird error. Often play store downloader app opens and start downloading line app. No idea why

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.938
    Do you know that line app? is it maybe installed and tries to update itself?
    10-31-14 01:28 PM
    Could you send your apk of the app?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 05:59 PM
    I get the same issue, even though I have auto update apps disabled in play store. A small nuisance at times, but it does no harm.
    10-31-14 06:56 PM
    can i play my previous clash of clan account after installed all that..
    10-31-14 07:31 PM
    I get the same issue, even though I have auto update apps disabled in play store. A small nuisance at times, but it does no harm.
    I'll look into that. In general, I'm not sure if the play store behaves correctly, as it uses a hardcoded gsf id to call the service. Everybody is using the same id and this may lead to unwanted behaviour. I have written an emulator that provides a system wide gsf id that can be used by all apps. A valid ID just must be entered once and then it is available to all apps. I'll have to do some changes to Playstore to support this new feature.

If you like, you can sneak peak the current version of Blackberry Android ID app:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!9F9SDJ5C!w1CuXD...09JoQKh2-LFkpE

Feedback is welcome.

The patched Playstore will follow...
    10-31-14 07:44 PM
    I have it installed. Should I delete it?

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.938
    meerdeen likes this.
    10-31-14 07:50 PM
    I have it installed. Should I delete it?

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.938
    Yes, delete it and then reinstall it as a new download from playstore. It could be a problem that the app has some settings that are not updated. This can happen because playstore downloader can not update apps in the way as play store does.
    10-31-14 07:55 PM
    Hi, I'm getting the following error in play store 5.0.32 everytime I try to download or update anything. Error server [RPC:S-7:AEC-0]. I get the notification error in HUB and when click on it, it opens play store with the error window.
    11-01-14 08:18 PM
    getting an 403 error while downloading
    11-02-14 08:22 AM
    Wrong gsf-id, enter your own id
    11-02-14 08:52 AM
    Cobalt, this stuff is awesome, but I'm having problems with a tripadvisor cities app, specifically the tripadvisor ROME apk. Have spent hours going through these threads, have installed Java JRE7 and no matter what I do, with GMAPS PATCHER 1.2, it always says there is nothing to patch, which clearly is incorrect as the app just doesn't work. Infinitely initialized with your GPS apk file installed on my passport. Any suggestions? I feel like a newbie asking this question, and I have read through the threads.
    11-02-14 11:47 AM
    Cobalt, this stuff is awesome, but I'm having problems with a tripadvisor cities app, specifically the tripadvisor ROME apk. Have spent hours going through these threads, have installed Java JRE7 and no matter what I do, with GMAPS PATCHER 1.2, it always says there is nothing to patch, which clearly is incorrect as the app just doesn't work. Infinitely initialized with your GPS apk file installed on my passport. Any suggestions? I feel like a newbie asking this question, and I have read through the threads.
    Something is going terribly wrong. Please activate 'detailed log output' in options, try to patch and post the log.
    11-02-14 12:14 PM
    Anyways, here is the patched file. Nothing special, worked right after patching. I bet something is misconfigured on your maching. Post the log.

Download Tripadvisor ROME patched
    11-02-14 12:26 PM
    Log:

Processing C:\Users\djohnson\Downloads\com.tripadvisor.androi d.apps.cityguide.rome-42.apk
    The package contains 1 classes.dex file
    [Decompiling classes and resources]
    Decompiled 33.34 MB in 75.9 seconds
    Done.
    [Analyzing Package]
    [Analysis completed]
    Nothing to patch.
    [Cleaning up]
    Done.

Using version 1.2. I can't seem to figure out where to download the updates. Argh, I know how that sounds.

The only option checked was decompile resources. Thanks for the link to the patch. Downloading now. Still, i'd like to learn how to do this without wasting your time.

And the patched file works perfectly. What in god's name did I do wrong:

Downloaded gmaps patcher V1.2.
    Made sure JRE7 was installed and that the path pointed to java.exe
    Downloaded the apk file, no problem, and saved to my downloads folder
    Selected the apk file and hit analyze and got the log above.

Note I also downloaded an app called CIBANDO, and converted it perfectly, so I know the version I have works, as the patched version of CIBANDO is fine. (As you may be able to guess, I'm headed to Rome shortly and want to eat well)
    Last edited by DJohnson255; 11-02-14 at 02:42 PM.
    11-02-14 02:26 PM
    And the patched file works perfectly. What in god's name did I do wrong:

Downloaded gmaps patcher V1.2.
    Made sure JRE7 was installed and that the path pointed to java.exe
    Downloaded the apk file, no problem, and saved to my downloads folder
    Selected the apk file and hit analyze and got the log above.

Note I also downloaded an app called CIBANDO, and converted it perfectly, so I know the version I have works, as the patched version of CIBANDO is fine. (As you may be able to guess, I'm headed to Rome shortly and want to eat well)
    11-02-14 02:40 PM
    I can't really tell what's going wrong, but from looking at the log the app is not being decompiled. The analyze process did not start. Weird.
    11-02-14 02:56 PM
    Btw: Rome is a great city. I've been there two years ago.
    11-02-14 02:57 PM
    Yeah, looking forward to it!

Mebbe it's a problem with the version? I still can't figure out where to download the latest version. Seems like you're up to 2.7, and this is 1.2. Got 1.2 via Mega and the page where you give the instructions on how to do all this....

Does the analysis process rely on Java? I've double checked the path for java.exe a few times, but perhaps it's not running properly? Can't find a java related error though.
    11-02-14 03:15 PM
    Mebbe it's a problem with the version? I still can't figure out where to download the latest version. Seems like you're up to 2.7, and this is 1.2. Got 1.2 via Mega and the page where you give the instructions on how to do all this....
    Version of what?

1.2 is the latest version of the gmaps patcher application (which is what you and cobalt are both using). What is version 2.7 that you're referring to?
    11-02-14 03:24 PM
9,813 ... 1112131415 ...