Works on 10.3.1 as well

Thanky

Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20141010_142416.png

Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20141010_141050.png

Posted via CB10
    Cobalt232 likes this.
    10-10-14 01:25 PM
    I installed everything including google login, google play services, google play store, google play store downloader android settings and android browser on my Passport (didn't install the patcher), and when I try to download something from Google Play, I get the following errors.

Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20141010_122622.jpg

I get this if I use the share button in Google Play to send the app to google play store downloader. API exception, 403 error. What is this and why am I getting it?

Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20141010_122018.jpg

I get this in the notification in the Hub if I press Intall button from Google Play.

What am I doing wrong and how can I fix this? It's been like this for a few days, so doesn't seem like a temporary problem.
    I have of course logged into my google account with google login, and I used the same id to log in in the settings menu of google play downloader.

Help will be really appreciated, as I can't sideload snap and this is the only means by which it seems like I can get Google Play.

Thank you.
    10-10-14 01:37 PM
    I installed everything including google login, google play services, google play store, google play store downloader android settings and android browser on my Passport (didn't install the patcher), and when I try to download something from Google Play, I get the following errors.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141010_122622.jpg 
Views:	3299 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	304871

I get this if I use the share button in Google Play to send the app to google play store downloader. API exception, 403 error. What is this and why am I getting it?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141010_122018.jpg 
Views:	3305 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	304873

I get this in the notification in the Hub if I press Intall button from Google Play.

What am I doing wrong and how can I fix this? It's been like this for a few days, so doesn't seem like a temporary problem.
    I have of course logged into my google account with google login, and I used the same id to log in in the settings menu of google play downloader.

Help will be really appreciated, as I can't sideload snap and this is the only means by which it seems like I can get Google Play.

Thank you.
    API 403 error is an authentification error. It tells you, that your GSF-ID key doesn't match your account information.

Did you read the first post? Did you enter a valid GSF-ID key into settings of the downloader?
    10-10-14 01:49 PM
    API 403 error is an authentification error. It tells you, that your GSF-ID key doesn't match your account information.

Did you read the first post? Did you enter a valid GSF-ID key into settings of the downloader?
    Um... maybe I didn't.
    And I do remember you mentioning how you wouldn't answer questions asked without reading those instructions, so my apologies and thanks. I will read, follow the instructions and come back if it still doesn't work.

Edit: actually, I remember now. I did read it, and saw where it says "You must configure your own GSF-ID (get it from the settings in Snap) and it can only download free apps."

As I said, I can't install Snap. Sideloading is not working for me. Where else can I get this GSF-ID?
    10-10-14 02:09 PM
    Um... maybe I didn't.
    And I do remember you mentioning how you wouldn't answer questions asked without reading those instructions, so my apologies and thanks. I will read, follow the instructions and come back if it still doesn't work.

Edit: actually, I remember now. I did read it, and saw where it says "You must configure your own GSF-ID (get it from the settings in Snap) and it can only download free apps."

As I said, I can't install Snap. Sideloading is not working for me. Where else can I get this GSF-ID?
    It needs to be created with Google. Unless you have a spare android device, or can side load snap, you won't have one.
    10-10-14 02:49 PM
    Don't worry... the upcoming version of Gmaps Patcher can create random and working GSF-ID's. Should be ready tomorrow, now +12h
    Sally Mack and lyricidal like this.
    10-10-14 03:01 PM
    Progress!

cobalt.google.android.gsf
    com.google.android.gms (modified to work together with .gsf)
    Google Docs patched

I just successfully transferred a file to Google Drive using my Blackberry simulator. This is very exiting, even though it is still experimental.
    Please Note: Use this at own risk! I cannot provide support in this early stage of development.

Attachment 304838
    Gave it a shot, and noticed your patched Google play store now crashes with these 2 developmental apks. Going to try some other apps that historically didn't work previously.
    10-10-14 03:02 PM
    It needs to be created with Google. Unless you have a spare android device, or can side load snap, you won't have one.
    Fortunately my dad has an Android tablet.
    So I take it that it's something that gets associated with your google id?

I've read a few guides out there, and it looks like if I use my dad's Android tablet, log into Google Play using my id, download this app called Android Device ID, run the app, get the gsf id, and that gsf id is the one that's been associated with my google id, which I can now use on my Passport with Google Play, using my id?
    10-10-14 03:02 PM
    Yep
    10-10-14 03:09 PM
    Don't worry... the upcoming version of Gmaps Patcher can create random and working GSF-ID's. Should be ready tomorrow, now +12h
    Sounds great... thank you! I'll sit tight then.
    10-10-14 03:09 PM
    Fortunately my dad has an Android tablet.
    So I take it that it's something that gets associated with your google id?

I've read a few guides out there, and it looks like if I use my dad's Android tablet, log into Google Play using my id, download this app called Android Device ID, run the app, get the gsf id, and that gsf id is the one that's been associated with my google id, which I can now use on my Passport with Google Play, using my id?
    Sounds like that would work.... or wait for cobalt to release his next version of the patcher tomorrow and generate your own id
    10-10-14 03:19 PM
    Gave it a shot, and noticed your patched Google play store now crashes with these 2 developmental apks. Going to try some other apps that historically didn't work previously.
    Unfortunately, my Q10 is being repaired and I'm stuck with the simulator for now. Can't install Play store on the sim and can't use BB Logger to see what's going on.

I made some changes to this special version, maybe you can test if it works:

com.android.vending for gsf
    10-10-14 03:19 PM
    Still broke.

Does ask to confirm your account (which it didn't before) when opening, then crashes

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 04:02 PM
    To add to that, Google Maps 8.3.1 keeps crashing too.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    10-10-14 05:09 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. We'll have to wait until I get back my device. Without having the logs, I have little chance to see what's going on.
    10-10-14 05:33 PM
    hey cobalt quick question,

so i upgraded to 10.3 on my q10 i have all the apps running, but i'm running into the same problem with maps i did on 10.2.1, I only have play services and no login installed and everytime i click sign in on maps there's no account there and the add account button just closes the prompt.

Any ideas?

and also, apps like uber and yelp can access the map but can't actually use the location button, it never pinpoints the location. Is that just how it is? And can't wait for the next version of the gmaps patcher that'll hopefully let me patch the google search (google now) apk!
    10-11-14 02:06 AM
    Cobalt 232 I come to know that update of 10.3.0.1418 is rolled out, a leaked version. If possible pl. Make auto loader.

Posted via Z10 OS 10.3.0.1154
    10-11-14 08:59 AM
    hey cobalt quick question,

so i upgraded to 10.3 on my q10 i have all the apps running, but i'm running into the same problem with maps i did on 10.2.1, I only have play services and no login installed and everytime i click sign in on maps there's no account there and the add account button just closes the prompt.

Any ideas?

and also, apps like uber and yelp can access the map but can't actually use the location button, it never pinpoints the location. Is that just how it is? And can't wait for the next version of the gmaps patcher that'll hopefully let me patch the google search (google now) apk!
    Google Maps: Well it's just the other way round: You must have Google Login installed and you should not install Google Play services.
    Uber: Location based features only work if you have a GPS signal
    10-11-14 09:49 AM
    Cobalt 232 I come to know that update of 10.3.0.1418 is rolled out, a leaked version. If possible pl. Make auto loader.

Posted via Z10 OS 10.3.0.1154
    You may have better luck in the leaked OS forums.
    wu-wei, Cobalt232 and moody like this.
    10-11-14 10:07 AM
    ahh ok then i'll uninstall google play and install google login?

will that affect all the other google apps then? I definitely have a gps signal, google maps picks up my location no problem, but apps that rely on google maps do not. Maps is low on my priority because waze works just fine, but getting uber and lyft and yelp to get my location is my second highest priority (google now being #1)

Thanks
    buburimbu likes this.
    10-11-14 10:11 AM
    ok so i'm getting the hang out it, to get most things to work you need google play, but to get maps working you need google login

but then everything that needs google play won't work.

So i guess google maps isn't that important in the grand scheme of things. BUT I still can't get apps like uber and lyft and yelp to pull up my location. I can input my location to request a pick up or something but yelp can't give local recs because it can't get my location. Has anyone gotten that to work? Also cool thing on 10.3 I have google voice installed but it wasn't an active frame and I still got a text notification...so that's promising.

any ideas?
    buburimbu likes this.
    10-11-14 11:25 AM
    The issue with yelp is that it can't get "network location " due to a permissions issue with Google services framework I believe. It can only get a pure gps satellite fix. Cobalt and I have gone back and forth on this and he basically said it's next to impossible to patch around this limitation.

So if you're in an area that can't get a pure gps satellite fix (eg indoors), yelp won't pull your location.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves about location-dependent android apps. As a result, for apps like yelp or uber, you're better off just using the respective mobile websites. They're quite comparable to the apps, and actually faster.
    10-11-14 11:45 AM
    ok so i'm getting the hang out it, to get most things to work you need google play, but to get maps working you need google login

but then everything that needs google play won't work.
    You can actually have Google play services and Google login services both installed. The only difficulty you'll experience with that setup is that maps won't allow you to login. But the app will still work without your personalized info/starred places.

I've been able to get around that limitation by using an older (yet still very capable) version of maps 6.14.5.
    10-11-14 11:50 AM
    The issue with yelp is that it can't get "network location " due to a permissions issue with Google services framework I believe. It can only get a pure gps satellite fix. Cobalt and I have gone back and forth on this and he basically said it's next to impossible to patch around this limitation.

So if you're in an area that can't get a pure gps satellite fix (eg indoors), yelp won't pull your location.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves about location-dependent android apps. As a result, for apps like yelp or uber, you're better off just using the respective mobile websites. They're quite comparable to the apps, and actually faster.
    yeah i noticed that in downtown chi where the buildings are tall i can't get yelp or lyft or anything, but when i'm on lakeshore it all works fine. Interesting and yeah the mobile sites work just as well, just not as pretty haha

You can actually have Google play services and Google login services both installed. The only difficulty you'll experience with that setup is that maps won't allow you to login. But the app will still work without your personalized info/starred places.

I've been able to get around that limitation by using an older (yet still very capable) version of maps 6.14.5.
    this is also my experience. I'll probably get the older maps version, it's not a big deal because I use waze anyways, but this is good to know.

Alright! 99% of the things I want to do are in, as soon as I can patch google now to not look for google play services (just need my cards, not the actions) then I'll be all set!
    10-11-14 12:07 PM
    Cobalt, is "Google Keep" working and syncing? thanks
    10-11-14 02:15 PM
9,813 ... 45678 ...