Hi guys.

I'm running os 10.2.1.2977 on my Q10.

I'm not running any android apps or running any android runtime of anything.

I had posted regarding the issue I have downloading attachments on the built in email option on my blackberry.

I found out the case thanks to this forum, but rather than having to delete and re-add the email I was thinking to use cloudmagic from android as it works with my imap email.

My question is, would u trust an android app to use for your sensitive business data?

Or does the app not make a difference because it is going through backberry?

Also does anyone have a cloudmagic blackberry file I could install lol? And any suggestions on which guide to use for my current phone/software

I can't seem to get cloud magic to work :/

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Blue Hef; 08-28-14 at 04:21 PM.
    08-28-14 08:39 AM
    no reservations on android apps to handle mail but im sure it wont work as well as native. I mean you have a BB for the security and superb email handling, no? Why do you really have to go to an Android app for it?Did you ever find an app to work?
    09-21-14 09:32 AM
    Well, I loved CloudMagic on Android but no, if you have sensitive stuff then it is not the best choice as they say openly that the emails are on their servers. But if you are fine with then, then no reason not to use them.

But I would just use the BlackBerry Hub for email etc.
    09-21-14 01:32 PM
    I would try to resolve the issue with downloading attachments using native email. I mean, e-mail is one of the few things that many consider BlackBerry to do superbly,.. worth getting it to work!

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 01:39 PM
    I wouldn't have sensitive work email on anything but a host controlled by my business, and certainly wouldn't use Android applications to access it. Does your company have a policy on this? Are there legal or liability issues in your line, HIPAA, etc?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Richard Buckley; 09-22-14 at 04:28 PM.
    09-21-14 02:54 PM
    What sort of problems are you having with attachments?

I'm a big fan of bb10s email app - it's simply the best program mouth there. I've about 4 emails of all kind - Gmail, icloud,exchange etc. They all work beautifully in one place. I get all attachments to download properly.

When I was in with android I tried CloudMagic and it works well. But like everyone else on not comfortable in storing all my emails on their server.

Let me know what problems see you having with attachments.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 03:26 PM
    Come on blackberry make bmail live!

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 06:43 PM
    no reservations on android apps to handle mail but im sure it wont work as well as native. I mean you have a BB for the security and superb email handling, no? Why do you really have to go to an Android app for it?Did you ever find an app to work?
    Hello...

no I couldn't get it working, I've just used the built in BlackBerry email but I still have issues downloading attachments I just have to delete and keep re-adding it, wwhich is a pain because the passport and server aren't two letters lol...

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 03:05 AM
    Well, I loved CloudMagic on Android but no, if you have sensitive stuff then it is not the best choice as they say openly that the emails are on their servers. But if you are fine with then, then no reason not to use them.

But I would just use the BlackBerry Hub for email etc.
    Thank you!

I couldn't get cloudmagic to work properly so stuck with the built in BlackBerry email option and just have to delete and re-add the account when attachments stop downloading (which happened yesterday again lol)

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 03:06 AM
    I would try to resolve the issue with downloading attachments using native email. I mean, e-mail is one of the few things that many consider BlackBerry to do superbly,.. worth getting it to work!

Posted via CB10
    Thank you

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 03:07 AM
    All my emails work fine on Q10SQN100-3/10.3.0.1154, Gmail, hotmail and couple of office 365

What email service are you having issues with?

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    09-30-14 03:09 AM
    I wouldn't have sensitive work email on anything but a host controlled by my business, and certainly wouldn't use Android applications to access it. Does your company have a policy on this? Are there legal or liability issues in your line, HIPAA, etc?

Posted via CB10
    No, as it's my company haha, but legally, their is important data which comes back and forth such as invoices and bank details, importing info etc hence we keep my BlackBerry and using a separate email package. It's nothing spectacular but it does the job as we have just got going,

I couldn't get cloudmagic working properly so now I just use the built in email and have to delete and re-add the email account which acts up, not exactly what I wanted but hey,

I'm also going to get the passport so hoping it may be better on their

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 03:10 AM
    What sort of problems are you having with attachments?

I'm a big fan of bb10s email app - it's simply the best program mouth there. I've about 4 emails of all kind - Gmail, icloud,exchange etc. They all work beautifully in one place. I get all attachments to download properly.

When I was in with android I tried CloudMagic and it works well. But like everyone else on not comfortable in storing all my emails on their server.

Let me know what problems see you having with attachments.

Hello,

Basically the issue is/was when I go to download the attachment the bar moves to about 75% freezes then nothing happens, u press it again it goes back to the start and does it over & over, only solution for me is to delete and re-add the email which is a real pain, it happened yesterday again...

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 03:11 AM
    Come on blackberry make bmail live!

Posted via CB10
    <<< This!!!!
    09-30-14 03:11 AM
    All my emails work fine on Q10SQN100-3/10.3.0.1154, Gmail, hotmail and couple of office 365

What email service are you having issues with?

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    C Panel from GoDaddy, and I have an outlook on the phone & it works with no issues 24/7

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 03:13 AM
    I run my company email , IMAP, ssl , no issues . Make sure to do the manual set up. All should work fine
    09-30-14 03:22 AM
    I run my company email , IMAP, ssl , no issues . Make sure to do the manual set up. All should work fine
    Yes, you are right, and I do too, all exactly as yours but the provider go daddy isn't that great to be honest, we just starting out so we went to them because of price and acceptable security if I'm honest

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 06:05 AM
    I love cloudmagic and on my android phone I need it for a few email accounts, but on my z30 those accounts sync without another app so I don't bother with it.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 08:06 AM