Hello guys! I have some doubts about BlackBerry cloud synced contacts behavior.

I use a Microsoft account, where I keep all my contacts online. As I set my Microsoft account on phone, I linked my contacts with Twitter and facebook contacts.

The question is. If I change some contact info, how BlackBerry update it? I am questioning cause if I try to edit it, the phone doesn't ask me "which" account I want to edit.

I am worried about my updates keeping stuck on my local phone memory, which I won't recover in case on device lost.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 04:14 PM
    You can see the source of your contact info, and the edit will be done on that contact source.

Foe example, I have a contact which has 3 sources namely Outlook.com, LinkedIn, and Facebook. Contact from Facebook and LinkedIn will have its respective logo on the contact photo. When you edit this linked contact, on the Edit Contact screen you will have three photos and a checkbox, so you will have to select which contact source you want to edit. I believe that by default the edit will be applied to the first contact link.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.798
    06-06-15 04:46 PM
    You can see the source of your contact info, and the edit will be done on that contact source.

Foe example, I have a contact which has 3 sources namely Outlook.com, LinkedIn, and Facebook. Contact from Facebook and LinkedIn will have its respective logo on the contact photo. When you edit this linked contact, on the Edit Contact screen you will have three photos and a checkbox, so you will have to select which contact source you want to edit. I believe that by default the edit will be applied to the first contact link.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.798
    This isn't correct, I'm sorry.

Contact edits apply to all sources that can be edited; such as Local, SIM, Gmail, Hotmail/Outlook and Exchange. Details from Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin can not be edited; those details or contacts that have only sources from those 3 are "Read Only" and any edits you make to these will be applied locally and synced back to accounts such as Google, Hotmail/Outlook and/or Exchange (only the information you edit will be synced back, not every single detail of the contact you see on the phone).

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 09:43 PM
    This isn't correct, I'm sorry.

Contact edits apply to all sources that can be edited; such as Local, SIM, Gmail, Hotmail/Outlook and Exchange. Details from Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin can not be edited; those details or contacts that have only sources from those 3 are "Read Only" and any edits you make to these will be applied locally and synced back to accounts such as Google, Hotmail/Outlook and/or Exchange (only the information you edit will be synced back, not every single detail of the contact you see on the phone).

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for the correction.

I did another tests and found that the changes made to a Facebook contact are treated as a new contact in the SIM card which automatically linked, previously giving me the impression that it was done to the FB contact itself.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.798
    06-06-15 11:18 PM
    Thank you for the correction.

I did another tests and found that the changes made to a Facebook contact are treated as a new contact in the SIM card which automatically linked, previously giving me the impression that it was done to the FB contact itself.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.798
    Considering the situation you described. If I try to change a detail from a Facebook contact, it will create a new local contact, right? But this new contact won't be copied to my cloud account, as Hotmail?

Z30 - STA100-2 - 10.3.2.798
    06-06-15 11:49 PM
    Considering the situation you described. If I try to change a detail from a Facebook contact, it will create a new local contact, right? But this new contact won't be copied to my cloud account, as Hotmail?

Z30 - STA100-2 - 10.3.2.798
    If I'm not mistaken, it will sync to your hotmail contacts, but only the information that you've input into the contact and not all the information provided by Facebook.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 01:03 PM