Just wondering, how many people would be interested in the native music player being able to view any music that's on cloud storage (such as Box and OneDrive) to then play on the device.

What are your thoughts on this?

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 08:29 AM
    that will be nice...it's amazing they made the music app so dumb...you can't search specific locations to view music files
    08-28-15 08:34 AM
    that will be nice...it's amazing they made the music app so dumb...you can't search specific locations to view music files
    One other problem is that they haven't documented the parts of the api for others to fully develop their own feature full native music player.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 08:58 AM
    I'd love to see a native Google Play app (Play Music).

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 01:15 PM
    Call me crazy but I don't see a point in uploading music just to have to stream it back on my phone when they make these SD cards that can store my music and allow me to play it wherever I am.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    08-28-15 02:05 PM
    Call me crazy but I don't see a point in uploading music just to have to stream it back on my phone when they make these SD cards that can store my music and allow me to play it wherever I am.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    True, but if you have already filled up a max capacity sd card, then it would be nice to stream the music from the cloud.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 04:53 PM
    True, but if you have already filled up a max capacity sd card, then it would be nice to stream the music from the cloud.

Posted via CB10
    The SD cards are also exchangeable. I get it, we want everything saved to a place where we can get it whenever and wherever and it works well. I'm just old school and was around before the cloud took over where I had a physical copy of everything I owned. I was also there for the beginning of the cloud and fell victim to cloud services being bought or going under and losing access to everything on the old servers. I don't much trust these companies with everything I have, as they can disappear in a second. And uploading to multiple servers, just to be safe is painfully time consuming, still in this day and age. Especially if we are talking 64+ gigs of data. Just my thoughts.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    hasa77 likes this.
    08-28-15 05:11 PM
    The SD cards are also exchangeable. I get it, we want everything saved to a place where we can get it whenever and wherever and it works well. I'm just old school and was around before the cloud took over where I had a physical copy of everything I owned. I was also there for the beginning of the cloud and fell victim to cloud services being bought or going under and losing access to everything on the old servers. I don't much trust these companies with everything I have, as they can disappear in a second. And uploading to multiple servers, just to be safe is painfully time consuming, still in this day and age. Especially if we are talking 64+ gigs of data. Just my thoughts.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    I understand where your coming from, as I store most of my music on my sd card anyway. It would just be nice to have the feature just to bulk out the music player in features. A feature I would certainly prefer would be the ability to have custom presets for the equaliser.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 03:32 AM
    BlackBerry seem to be a bit behind on the idea of storage. Less and less numbers of newly released phones supported micro sd cards and have offline cloud support instead i.e. Android. Even though it's nice that BlackBerry is still supporting the micro sd slot, if they are to move forward they need to provide some kind of native cloud support. BlackBerry could provide secure cloud services that they could use on their devices, along with selling their cloud services to other companies. This would also bring in more money for BlackBerry and would also get them more renowned for being a successful software and cloud company, than a 'trying to survive in the market' smartphone company. They could utilise their services on multiple operating systems to really help them become a more cross platform company.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 04:26 PM
    BlackBerry seem to be a bit behind on the idea of storage. Less and less numbers of newly released phones supported micro sd cards and have offline cloud support instead i.e. Android. Even though it's nice that BlackBerry is still supporting the micro sd slot, if they are to move forward they need to provide some kind of native cloud support. BlackBerry could provide secure cloud services that they could use on their devices, along with selling their cloud services to other companies. This would also bring in more money for BlackBerry and would also get them more renowned for being a successful software and cloud company, than a 'trying to survive in the market' smartphone company. They could utilise their services on multiple operating systems to really help them become a more cross platform company.

Posted via CB10
    The only reason Apple has a cloud service is to compensate users for a lack of storage options, ie SD cards and also allows them to data mine their customers. Google has their own cloud service because they like to data mine everything they can and store it in their floating tugboat data mining center. BlackBerry has Blend and BES for secure data services. There are like 50 different free cloud services and the majority work on BlackBerry phones. I don't want BlackBerry to go the way of Google and Apple and start data mining my phone or cloud. Why do people beg to be spied on? It's like the majority of the world has Stockholm syndrome. Trying to appease their captures, ie Apple, Google, Windows, NSA, and every other major Corporation that is trying to take our privacy away.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    rthonpm likes this.
    08-30-15 01:15 PM
    The only reason Apple has a cloud service is to compensate users for a lack of storage options, ie SD cards and also allows them to data mine their customers. Google has their own cloud service because they like to data mine everything they can and store it in their floating tugboat data mining center. BlackBerry has Blend and BES for secure data services. There are like 50 different free cloud services and the majority work on BlackBerry phones. I don't want BlackBerry to go the way of Google and Apple and start data mining my phone or cloud. Why do people beg to be spied on? It's like the majority of the world has Stockholm syndrome. Trying to appease their captures, ie Apple, Google, Windows, NSA, and every other major Corporation that is trying to take our privacy away.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    Personally, I don't want to be spied on, but just because BlackBerry could have a their own cloud service, it doesn't mean that people are going to be spied on. I am glad BlackBerry has the ability for the use of expandable storage. If you wouldn't want cloud services, what about the idea of dual micro sd card slots?

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 02:32 AM
    I'd love to see a native Google Play app (Play Music).

Posted via CB10
    Yes! But the Android/Google one works ok on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 12:34 PM
    This feature would be really low on my list.

I'm still using 32g cards. ;-) I read about OS problems with the larger cards, though come to think of it, I haven't read such complaints lately.

I don't have much music on my phone, just podcasts. If my car didn't have steam gauges (translation: if I could stream music to it), I suppose I'd go for a larger SD card, but probably not streaming.

Now for yucks, I have streamed music from my home server to my phone using the server for the now defunct Slim Devices. You can do that with just a browser.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 11:45 PM