So I've been running leaked software on my Z30 for a while now and it's starting to catch up with me, get laggy, freeze and the like. I want to do a fresh install with no restoring but I don't want to lose contacts. I have my calendar running off of Outlook but what are some solutions for contacts and Remember and the like?
    03-06-15 02:07 PM
    Look into any number of backup apps in app world. That is if your are not syncing already online.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 02:18 PM
    So I've been running leaked software on my Z30 for a while now and it's starting to catch up with me, get laggy, freeze and the like. I want to do a fresh install with no restoring but I don't want to lose contacts. I have my calendar running off of Outlook but what are some solutions for contacts and Remember and the like?
    You didn't state if you have an Outlook client or online outlook account. But with your preference for Outlook I would suggest that if you don't already have an online outlook account, make one, then you can sync one or all of your calendar, contacts, email, tasks. Verify they have all synced, the after you wipe and reinstall just add your outlook account back to your phone and everything you chose to sync comes back to the phone.

If you have an Outlook client on your computer, you should be able to sync that client to an Outlook online account, and again it would be same as adding the Outlook online account back to your phone after wiping.

Good luck. I'm running Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267 and loving it.

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Z30
    03-06-15 02:38 PM
    Just log into your Outlook/Live/Gmail account. 'Copy' your contacts to the same account from phone.
    It may take some time. Next time you log in, you will get back all of them.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10 STL100-2 / 10.3.1.1565
    03-07-15 05:12 PM
    Get the app "Backup Pro" from BlackBerry World. Use it to backup your local contacts and Remember notes to the cloud (supports Box, Dropbox, Mega, SD card, device). Restore is just as simple. No messing around with desktop software or cables.

PS. Backup Pro has cloud support built in. It doesn't require third-party cloud apps to work.
    03-08-15 12:17 AM
    I use Ultimate Backup and it seems to work well.
    Even if you are syncing I would still backup my critical data.
    I use my Z30 mostly for business and many long term and short term appointments that have to be there. Same with tasks and contacts.
    Get an app and use it.

Posted by Jerbru
    03-08-15 10:05 AM