They are
    Logitech Alert 4.4 (doggy cam)
    Amazon Kindle 7.8.1.5 (ancient - nothing later works)
    Audible 2.36
    BBC iPlayer 4.75.2.2
    ditto Radio2.15.7 just stopped working at all with a redirection to Sounds
    Classic FM 4.10.14
    CNN 2.8 (2.92 is horrible and 5.0.1 is even worse)
    XE Currency 4.0.2
    Firefox 48 (apparently 60+ works - not my experience)
    FTP server 1.25 (aka swiFTP)
    Ghost Commander 1.57 - couldn't live without it as an app mamanger
    Glympse 3.33 (loads but i can't work it and maps don't work at all - from HERE I think?)
    Glympse Express 1.03 (kind of works)
    GPX Viewer 1.31.5
    Google Maps 9.64.1
    Netflix 3.16.3 (works really well. Without this I def WOULD ditch BB10)
    Radipplayer 3.10.306.10
    Ride with GPS 1.6.8
    Skype 7.46.0.596
    Spectator 4.1.0
    Week 3.1.1077
    Three 3.22.2
    Uptodown 3.55
    Volvo On Call 3.1.3 (maps don't work - they are from HERE I think)
    Waterstones 1.1.5
    Waze 4.55
    WhatsApp 2.19.262 (can't upload videos - can anybody, on any version?)
    Wikipedia 2.6.198
    Zoom 4.4
    Crackberry Forums 8.0.36
    RingGo 6.9.1.4
    so that's about 30+.
    Thank you for your interest.
    Fergus
    You might want to consider some native apps to replace some of those at least Fergus. Crackberry has a full-fledged native app for BB10 for example, making their Android version unnecessary.

Likewise, virtually any radio station in existence can be hard on the native BB10 TuneIn app, removing the need for those.

Assuming you don't mind downloading your eBooks, playEpub works much more smoothly than Kindle in my experience.

Ghost Commander's fine, but what do you mean by using it as an app manager rather than installing APKs directly from BB10's native File Manager?
    10-26-19 04:01 PM
    I was responding to the "noise" comment.

I agree that BB10 has greater customization when it comes to notifications. And, yes, profiles are nice. But for me, I only needed 2 on a regular schedule

Normal: just the ones I need to hear that I listed above, and that's throughout the day. I keep the volume relatively low except for texts which I'd like to hear from my pocket.

Do not Disturb (configured close to Bedside Mode on BB10): only phone calls and texts from specific people. And I can schedule it every night to turn on, and go off in the morning. I had to manually turn on Bedside Mode on my Z10. I think there was an app that automated it, but I never got it.

And a third at random times as needed.

Silent: I just tap the sound icon to silent when going into a meeting, and click it back on normal when done.

All I was saying was I had no problem setting up the S9 the same way as the Z10. In that since, they are the same. You can have sounds on or off. The notification tray is a different animal, of course, but, again, you can turn apps off from showing notifications too.

It's not that hard.
    No, it's not hard. That's pretty much the problem. Android's notification scheme is too simple. Notifications on, off or high priority for each app, and on, off or high priority for the phone. That's not terribly useful for me. I want certain accounts to notify me in certain contexts and not in others.

With Android, it's pretty much a binary, on or off decision, with a few jumpers set to high priority.

So, it's very easy to set up notifications on Android, but not in any way that's actually useful compared to BB10.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    10-26-19 04:12 PM
    No, it's not hard. That's pretty much the problem. Android's notification scheme is too simple. Notifications on, off or high priority for each app, and on, off or high priority for the phone. That's not terribly useful for me. I want certain accounts to notify me in certain contexts and not in others.

With Android, it's pretty much a binary, on or off decision, with a few jumpers set to high priority.

So, it's very easy to set up notifications on Android, but not in any way that's actually useful compared to BB10.

BB10 did have a much more advanced notification system. Really liked it. I’m sure it’s not a limitation of Android, probably just not a need most people ask for.
    We just need someone to build it for us. (Easy-peasy)
    10-26-19 04:44 PM
    BB10 did have a much more advanced notification system. Really liked it. I’m sure it’s not a limitation of Android, probably just not a need most people ask for.
    We just need someone to build it for us. (Easy-peasy)
    Sure, anything can be programmed, but we've learned the lesson that there is a limit to what a third party can do if Android's core model doesn't support it. That's why we don't have Peek and Flow from any screen in Android, and why the LED can't rotate colors for different accounts with unread messages in the Hub.

Android is an OS designed to benefit Google, developers and OEMs in delivering their products to the masses. End users are not it's customers. That's why we get it for free. As another member has said, "We're the cattle, not the rancher."

10-26-19 05:58 PM
    Sure, anything can be programmed, but we've learned the lesson that there is a limit to what a third party can do if Android's core model doesn't support it. That's why we don't have Peek and Flow from any screen in Android, and why the LED can't rotate colors for different accounts with unread messages in the Hub.

Android is an OS designed to benefit Google, developers and OEMs in delivering their products to the masses. End users are not it's customers. That's why we get it for free. As another member has said, "We're the cattle, not the rancher."

I think that might be an oversimplification.
    Sure, Android is designed to benefit Google but it also benefits its users. For instance, I love how I can be traveling and “explore nearby” coffee shops, parks, or gas stations right within the maps app. It will also give me more information about those places like hours they’re open or what they serve. I can also find live events happening in the area without leaving the app.
    I don’t profess to be an app developer nor do I know what Androids core model supports. I do know it provides much more useful information than BB10 ever did for most people. What Android can provide or will provide may be two different things. Unless more people want advanced notifications we may never know.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-26-19 06:14 PM
    You might want to consider some native apps to replace some of those at least Fergus. Crackberry has a full-fledged native app for BB10 for example, making their Android version unnecessary.

Likewise, virtually any radio station in existence can be hard on the native BB10 TuneIn app, removing the need for those.

Assuming you don't mind downloading your eBooks, playEpub works much more smoothly than Kindle in my experience.

Ghost Commander's fine, but what do you mean by using it as an app manager rather than installing APKs directly from BB10's native File Manager?
    While I use the CB10 app, I believe the reason many use the CB Forums app is for the messenger capabilities. I agree that native is preferred. I’ll use other device for CB full capabilities.
    10-26-19 08:15 PM

Fergus
    I can with videos taken from the WhatsApp built in camera, but not those recorded natively.
    Ver. 2.19.286

Posted via CB10
    10-26-19 08:55 PM

Hi TT, where can I find the TuneIn app, it doesn't show up in BBW and I took a look on your Developer released thread and it doesn't appear there either?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10 using my OG Passport running 10.3.3.3216
    10-27-19 05:45 AM
    Hi TT, where can I find the TuneIn app, it doesn't show up in BBW and I took a look on your Developer released thread and it doesn't appear there either?

Thanks.

I can't speak to Tunein availability, but you could also try rad.io or Nobex -- both native apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-19 07:49 AM
    Nobex works pretty well and it is native!
    10-27-19 08:33 AM
    I can't speak to Tunein availability, but you could also try rad.io or Nobex -- both native apps.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks mh1983, I have Nobex, will give rad.io a go but was interested to see what TuneIn had to offer.

10-27-19 08:45 AM
    They are
    Logitech Alert 4.4 (doggy cam)
    Amazon Kindle 7.8.1.5 (ancient - nothing later works)
    Audible 2.36
    BBC iPlayer 4.75.2.2
    ditto Radio2.15.7 just stopped working at all with a redirection to Sounds
    Classic FM 4.10.14
    CNN 2.8 (2.92 is horrible and 5.0.1 is even worse)
    XE Currency 4.0.2
    Firefox 48 (apparently 60+ works - not my experience)
    FTP server 1.25 (aka swiFTP)
    Ghost Commander 1.57 - couldn't live without it as an app mamanger
    Glympse 3.33 (loads but i can't work it and maps don't work at all - from HERE I think?)
    Glympse Express 1.03 (kind of works)
    GPX Viewer 1.31.5
    Google Maps 9.64.1
    Netflix 3.16.3 (works really well. Without this I def WOULD ditch BB10)
    Radipplayer 3.10.306.10
    Ride with GPS 1.6.8
    Skype 7.46.0.596
    Spectator 4.1.0
    Week 3.1.1077
    Three 3.22.2
    Uptodown 3.55
    Volvo On Call 3.1.3 (maps don't work - they are from HERE I think)
    Waterstones 1.1.5
    Waze 4.55
    Wikipedia 2.6.198
    Zoom 4.4
    Crackberry Forums 8.0.36
    RingGo 6.9.1.4
    so that's about 30+.
    Thank you for your interest.
    Fergus
    I use WhatsApp version 2.19.188 and I can both receive and send videos. Regarding sent videos, it's those I have saved in my Passport. Haven't updated that version so far.
    10-27-19 10:22 AM
    Then why didn't you uninstall the apps you didn't want/need?

You can also turn off any unwanted notifications, and let updates happen in the background.
    Ya.. you are correct.

This q10 just seems like less bother/maintenance. The compact size helps. I haven't touched my keyone in 2 days and don't miss it one iota. Just my personal preference. Sometimes less is more. Too much choice can be limiting.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-19 11:21 AM

Thanks.

Um, not sure what's going on m3 but I can locate it in Blackberry World with no trouble. Try searching just "Tunein" and see what results you get. TuneIn Radio should be the first app on the list.
    10-27-19 02:19 PM
    Um, not sure what's going on m3 but I can locate it in Blackberry World with no trouble. Try searching just "Tunein" and see what results you get. TuneIn Radio should be the first app on the list.
    Thanks TT, I tried that with no luck on my Passport, it does come up on my P'9982 though!

Perhaps it's not available for the Passport?

Posted via CB10 using my P'9982 running 10.3.3.3216
    10-27-19 03:07 PM
    Perhaps it's not available for the Passport?
    That is correct. Passport is not supported.
    10-27-19 03:25 PM
    Hi TT I installed Tunein and tried it but it's saying it can't find a supported audio player?

Do you know what audio player it's looking for, I would have thought the app would have worked without another app?

10-27-19 03:25 PM
    That is correct. Passport is not supported.
    Thanks for the confirmation brookie.

10-27-19 03:26 PM
    Hi TT I installed Tunein and tried it but it's saying it can't find a supported audio player?

Do you know what audio player it's looking for, I would have thought the app would have worked without another app?

Usually it just says that and if you tap OK or outside the warning it will work normally m3. What station are you trying?

As for the Passport, I'll see if I can get the BAR file to address that problem.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-19 03:53 PM
    Usually it just says that and if you tap OK or outside the warning it will work normally m3. What station are you trying?

As for the Passport, I'll see if I can get the BAR file to address that problem.

Posted via CB10
    I've tried a few stations, some work and some don't. It seems a bit hit and miss, I'll try it some more over the next few days.

Thanks for your help, appreciate it if you can get the BAR file to load onto the Passport that will be great.

10-27-19 05:59 PM
70 123