With these new phones being announced finally my mind has turned to the beastly phone that is supposed to release after them. Do you guys think it's likely to be better than them and will it release soon?

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 01:07 PM
    sadly it looks like it might be quite a while before another touch device. I am sad about this as well
    ruhban, pystha and eldricho like this.
    06-19-14 01:12 PM
    They mentioned a while ago first Q 2015 for the Z30 successor.....around here called the Z50 but who knows? The next all-touch device...
    ruhban likes this.
    06-19-14 01:12 PM
    How about the a touch phone to beat all touch phones - Z75!

Posted via BlackBerry Z10 ST1 - I mean really!
    ruhban likes this.
    06-19-14 01:24 PM
    Hmm that's sad news. I was hoping to upgrade my Z10 as it's starting to show it's age a bit but I suppose a new Passport wouldn't be too bad either?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    06-19-14 01:25 PM
    I don't want a old school with keyboard phone.. smh.

Posted via CB10 App
    06-19-14 01:42 PM
    How about the a touch phone to beat all touch phones - Z75!

Who drove their phone to work? I did in my Z28.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 02:20 PM
    Z28? Outdated! The BlackBerry Z30 can out drive your Z28

06-19-14 02:55 PM
    Are these specs true? Quad core processor, 3GB memory, 13mp rear camera and a non-removable battery? Surely they'd leave a removable battery for enterprise customers?

http://www.techvibes.com/blog/blackb...let-2014-06-19

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    06-19-14 05:57 PM
    I'd really like to see a Z10-sized device with updated hardware at some point... but with a larger capacity battery. Z10 is a great device but woeful battery...
    06-19-14 07:41 PM
    Are these specs true? Quad core processor, 3GB memory, 13mp rear camera and a non-removable battery? Surely they'd leave a removable battery for enterprise customers?

BlackBerry Takes Enterprise Customers Seriously with Unveiling of 'Passport' Phablet - Techvibes.com

Posted via CB10
    dont think the specs are revealed yet
    06-19-14 08:04 PM
    Well perhaps later. But for now I think BlackBerry is targeting for the more obvious market. BlackBerry all touch devices is good. But when people think or heard about BlackBerry they will think some phone with physical keyboard. So I thin BlackBerry wants to prioritise that market first. And after the Classic & Passport fly, I'm sure they will launch some new BlackBerry All Touch device. Just wait & see guys!

*In my opinion though, and I'm sorry for my bad english!*

Posted via SQR100-2.
    ruhban likes this.
    06-19-14 09:23 PM
    Now that BlackBerry has announced their physical keyboard phones, the next phone announcement in the future should be all touch phones. It was nice to see BlackBerry announce new phones, but these physical keyboard phones don't interest me at all. It's good for the people who like those phones, but I'm not one of them.

I'm hoping for an updated Z10 or a Z30 mini in the size of 4.7" screen. I believe the all touch phones will be important for BlackBerry to get correct because most people nowadays prefer all touch phones. If they want to grow market share, they need to make these next all touch phones very good.

I'm also hoping BlackBerry updates both the Z10 and Z30, because only having one size to choose from is not a good option.
    06-20-14 01:38 AM
    I too was hoping for an all touch device to be announced.. my contract runs out in January and I'm seriously considering jumping ship if there isn't a new all touch device. The Classic does tempt me though but can I really give up the screen size..

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 04:20 AM
    The Z3 is the new Z10.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 07:56 AM
    all people think Blackberry will do an other full touch screen device but now who know ? nobody , we haven't real info of this rumored device
    06-20-14 08:57 AM
    The Z3 is the new Z10.

Posted via CB10
    This. The Z3 (LTE) is the successor to the Z10 in its current market segment.
    06-20-14 09:02 AM
    This. The Z3 (LTE) is the successor to the Z10 in its current market segment.
    I agree with you that it's the successor in the price market segment, but it's not the successor in the "normal" phone size market segment.

I believe there still are a lot people like myself who want a smaller phone. I actually want something in between the Z10 and Z30. Something like a 4.7" screen with little bezel so that the overall size is closer to the Z10. As much as I like my Z30, it can be a little too big at times.
    Last edited by bbzp; 06-21-14 at 01:40 AM.
    06-21-14 01:14 AM
    I agree with you that it's the successor in the price market segment, but it's not the successor in the "normal" phone size market segment.

I believe there still are a lot people like myself who want a smaller phone. I actually want something in between the Z10 and Z30. Something like a 4.7" screen with little bezel so that the overall size is closer to the Z10. As much as I like my Z30, it can a little too big at times.
    Totally agree. I would have been happy with the Z10 if not for the crap battery. The Z30 feels just a little too big. The dimensions you mentioned would be just right.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3175 / T-Mobile USA
    Last edited by Doggerz; 06-21-14 at 03:16 AM.
    06-21-14 01:22 AM

I believe there still are a lot people like myself who want a smaller phone. I actually want something in between the Z10 and Z30. Something like a 4.7" screen with little bezel so that the overall size is closer to the Z10. As much as I like my Z30, it can a little too big at times.
    Perhaps, although every other manufacturer appears to be pushing the limit of what's considered the "normal" sized phone market. Just look at the glut of phones that make the Z30 look small.

Still, while the Passport looks rather unwieldy, at least it isn't a Galaxy Mega.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 01:42 AM
    Perhaps, although every other manufacturer appears to be pushing the limit of what's considered the "normal" sized phone market. Just look at the glut of phones that make the Z30 look small.
    I understand what you're saying and it's been a worrisome trend for people like me who likes phones smaller than 5". Phone sizes have been small for so long in the past, so I believe there has been a pent-up demand for larger phones. IMO this has caused the current trend of larger phones, but I guess we'll see what size people actually want when they are done trying out different size phones.

The one size fits all rarely works in real life. For example, TVs come in all different sizes so people can choose the perfect size. I'm not saying we need to have that many different size options, but more than one size option would be preferred.
    06-21-14 02:27 AM
    Isn't the Z30 the successor of Z10? The Z3 LTE version has a lower spec so it can't be a "successor" of a better phone

We'll probably see the next high end touch device next year, sadly

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 04:46 AM
    Isn't the Z30 the successor of Z10? The Z3 LTE version has a lower spec so it can't be a "successor" of a better phone

We'll probably see the next high end touch device next year, sadly

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry's market strategy has collapsed into four segments:

Lower Higher
    QWERTY Q5 -> Classic Q10 -> Passport
    Touch Z10 -> Z3 Z30 -> ???

It may have less RAM and no LTE (yet), but it's taken the role of "cheaper all-touch BB10 device" from the Z10. As for specs, while the CPU has lower clocks, it does have a larger screen, larger battery, FM, Miracast, etc.
    06-21-14 10:24 AM
    I sure hope they announce and release a follow up to the Z10 within a reasonable time frame. I do love my Z10, but if they keep on releasing phones with physical keyboards and screens who's sizes are larger than my hands, I'll have to go for the next 4 inch iPhone instead. :/
    shaunj539 likes this.
    06-22-14 04:50 AM