There was no upgrade route OS5/7/10. I bought a phone with OS5 and was able to upgrade to OS6. OS7 required a new phone, likewise none of the BBOS phone would upgrade to OS10

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    01-24-16 12:04 AM
    If you want guaranteed upgrades to your OS, you'll need to go with Apple or buy a Nexus.

I honestly do not understand how this lawsuit could have any merit. I bought a Leap 3 days ago because they're reduced to $149 at Best Buy. I figure that all I'm entitled to is a phone free from defects, that works as intended, with the software included on the phone when I peel off the plastic for the first time. I also feel that if there is a security flaw, the company should have to fix that.

I don't understand why some people feel they are entitled to receive software upgrades (not security patches)?

Did the phone work as advertised when you took it out of the box?
    As long as it continues to work as advertised for the warranty period stated in the literature, you got what you paid for.
    01-24-16 07:18 AM
    What astonished me is there is NO action in process under Canadian consumer protection & investment laws if they even exist... this stock listed of the NASDAQ in New York will awaken the FTC soon...
    There's no action in process because no crime was committed by blackberry

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 07:32 AM
    No... they abandoned beta max years ago. But they kept producing tapes.

Posted via CB10
    What the article didn't state is that they continued to produce pro-Betamax recording and playback systems for broadcasters until around the same time as the announcement they were dropping the manufacture of the tapes. Go into any control room or video editing suite at a TV station and you'll still find Betamax players.
    01-24-16 07:37 AM
    I disagree. We'll see if JC & the board are on the hook; in the US courts.

There's no action in process because no crime was committed by blackberry

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 08:10 AM
    Ray. I think an enterprising young lawyer could go a long way pursuing a law suit based on bad faith by company selling an item at full price when they knew support would be pulled within a year or two. Especially when they had been doing updates for 10 years plus . I bought my passport 6 months ago for 699 from bberry when it was reduced$100. I never would have purchased if I knew then what I know now about chen stopping bb10 support. How would u feel if u bought windows 10 for $250 and then finding out 3 months later microsoft was pulling out of supporting the software and had known about it for the past year and was still selling their product.?

Posted via CB10
    Can you show me where BlackBerry and chen ever said they are pulling support for BB10? In fact, there are two updates coming this year.
    Where is this evidence that merits this lawsuit? Come on people this is an absolute joke of a thread. Enjoy your class action for those who claim it's valid. Let me know how it turns out for you.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-24-16 08:53 AM
    I would venture a guess sunset of bb10 was discussed even at jc's job interviews & that EMAILS from JC & board. &minions would easily emerge what with all the unemployed & disgruntled former BlackBerry employees on the loose...
    01-24-16 09:03 AM
    I would venture a guess sunset of bb10 was discussed even at jc's job interviews & that EMAILS from JC & board. &minions would easily emerge what with all the unemployed & disgruntled former BlackBerry employees on the loose...
    Venture all the guesses you want. Fact of the matter is there are 2 updates coming this year. Sure they may be security updates only but just because you don't deem them acceptable doesn't mean they don't constitute support for the product.

01-24-16 09:17 AM
    Who will update when their 2876 went worldwide broken ??

Venture all the guesses you want. Fact of the matter is there are 2 updates coming this year. Sure they may be security updates only but just because you don't deem them acceptable doesn't mean they don't constitute support for the product.

01-24-16 09:22 AM
    Who will update when their 2876 went worldwide broken ??
    They will update it but not being able to delete an app is hardly broken but simply a bug. And guess what, even the all mighty Apple sends out broken updates constantly that need to be fixed. It's the way of the world in software and mobile. You have a lot of lawsuits to start. You better get on that.

01-24-16 09:37 AM
    I didn't buy apple. I bought BlackBerry & had higher expectations of that. No more...

They will update it but not being able to delete an app is hardly broken but simply a bug. And guess what, even the all mighty Apple sends out broken updates constantly that need to be fixed. It's the way of the world in software and mobile. You have a lot of lawsuits to start. You better get on that.

01-24-16 11:00 AM
    IOS and Android Won the war :: Get over it :: Move On .
    01-24-16 11:04 AM
    I didn't buy apple. I bought BlackBerry & had higher expectations of that. No more...
    Doesn't matter what you bought. It happens to all manufacturers with OS updates and BlackBerry is supporting BB10 for at least another year. If you are upset that they are security updates that's your problem. It's still support and not abandonment as you claim. **** hurt won't win law suits.

anon(9169048) likes this.
    01-24-16 11:06 AM
    "Hurt" I after all the basis of all lawsuits...

Doesn't matter what you bought. It happens to all manufacturers with OS updates and BlackBerry is supporting BB10 for at least another year. If you are upset that they are security updates that's your problem. It's still support and not abandonment as you claim. **** hurt won't win law suits.

01-24-16 11:10 AM
    "Hurt" I after all the basis of all lawsuits...
    Okay you go ahead and start the law suit. And the word was B U T T hurt. Not actual financial loss or anything actually relevant.

01-24-16 11:12 AM
    The actions are far more persuasive than the words. Worse, the actions expose the words, and the speaker, as dishonest.

I am referring to the Berryflow blog entry quoting Chen, cited in #41 and #43 above.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 11:16 AM
    I spent $700 for the Passport, BlackBerry's flagship phone at the time. A year later this phone and the OS that powers it has been abandoned by BlackBerry. This is totally unacceptable and it is time for BlackBerry to be held accountable for deceiving it's customers.
    We will see you in court!

Hilarious.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9169048) likes this.
    01-24-16 11:23 AM
    I really appreciate all those of took the time to write intelligent responses bringing the conversation forward!

Maybe you should have started with an intelligent post.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 11:28 AM
    this tread went from hilarious to ridiculous
    Yes. Because some take it serious.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 11:32 AM
    Once JC&minions run off with the last nicole, the appeals court will award damages against a defunct companywith zero assets aside a mountain of unsold.& returned devices worth less than the cost of the dumpster for removal landfill fees...
    Doggerz likes this.
    01-24-16 11:57 AM
    Once JC&minions run off with the last nicole, the appeals court will award damages against a defunct companywith zero assets aside a mountain of unsold.& returned devices worth less than the cost of the dumpster for removal landfill fees...
    What damages? How has buying a BlackBerry damaged you in any way?

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 01:11 PM
    What damages? How has buying a BlackBerry damaged you in any way?

Posted via CB10
    People are divas always looking to make a quick buck.

Posted via CB10
    rbtg likes this.
    01-24-16 01:17 PM
    Oh how cute you think BlackBerry is only a device manufacturer. Do some reading. They have assets. Stop crying and either launch your law suit or go sell your device that you are so damaged by and get something else.

01-24-16 01:32 PM
    All they have left to sell is what they purchased...they make nothing...

Oh how cute you think BlackBerry is only a device manufacturer. Do some reading. They have assets. Stop crying and either launch your law suit or go sell your device that you are so damaged by and get something else.

01-24-16 01:34 PM
    This thread is going no where. I am one of those that have moved on and not looking back, those that feel hurt should do the same. I wish you luck in your endavours.
    01-24-16 01:39 PM
176 ... 5678