lmao....you bought the device DESPITE knowing how much criticism this company has taken since what.....2009, despite knowing their financial status, despite their low volume sales, despite their nonexistent marketshare, and despite all the information their own CEO has been giving showing that they are slowly moving away from BB10...........and you think you have a chance of winning a lawsuit against them?!?!?!?!?!?!

But guess what? None of this is even relevant, you know why....your phone still works lol
    anon(9169048) likes this.
    01-22-16 02:38 PM
    Makes me wonder if you can actually purchase land on the caldera of an active volcano?
    01-22-16 02:57 PM
    When I bought my Q10 when it first came out, there were already some rumours or fears that BlackBerry could go under. The mobile industry is a consumerist-based and shark-like one: whenever you buy a product, you take a chance. If it's not the mobile company that could go under, then you could take a risk that the specific device/device model you are buying can have performance issues (i.e., as an example, maybe the future Samsung Galaxy S10 that someone really wants and buys could suddenly have a known battery issue; meaning a bunch of other S10 owners would need to bring back their phones/send them off to get fixed/Samsung would have to repair them or make hardware changes, which would affect the company's reputation, etc.). So, buying any form of technology/any product at all is a risk; and we take that risk every time we spend money on phones, fridges, shoes, etc. Regardless of the product we buy, something can go wrong. BlackBerry has done nothing illegal or worthy of court action... I bought my Q10 knowing that BlackBerry may not "make a comeback"... BlackBerry didn't coerce us to buy these devices. They made them, we liked them, we bought them - the transaction is complete. They should not be at fault for anything.
    01-22-16 03:19 PM
    Makes me wonder if you can actually purchase land on the caldera of an active volcano?
    That sounds awesome! Where do I sign up?
    DrBoomBotz and GadgetTravel like this.
    01-22-16 03:37 PM
    That sounds awesome! Where do I sign up?
    Get in line you!

I was here first... here, take my money!!!

If you can't trust a Doctor, who can you trust? Now, where do I sign?
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    01-22-16 03:57 PM
    Class action suit against BlackBerry-ob_5a0612_tumblr-nx1elntoys1rsbo1mo1-500.jpg
    P.S : This one is the sweetest I found ...
    Laura Knotek, rbtg and JeepBB like this.
    01-22-16 04:09 PM
    Ahhh, we've finally reached this point have we? I remember when people wanted a CA for the PlayBook too.
    JeepBB and anon(9169048) like this.
    01-22-16 04:23 PM
    Going through Amazon and ebay I see passports for sale at 535� anz Z30s being sold at a range 630-300�. This means at the moment there'still a market for BB10 phones. Should their production be suspended, a class action may be useful

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 04:35 PM
    I'm telling you the fone was proffered as supporting android apps which are essential to my usage & they have, until poven otherwise, broken part of that function either by design or by stupidity & negligence which may constitute illegal activity or even violation of conspiracy & or even racketeering legislation in the US depending on what investigation uncovers. I fully expect JC will eventually be jailed.
    You are aware that Blackberry is a CANADIAN corporation, eh?????
    Conspiracy? Really? By that criteria no business should be able to make a business decision at all.
    01-22-16 04:45 PM
    BBRY listed on the NASDAQ ... jurisdiction is Federal District of southern New York... JC, heads up... SingSing awaits...

You are aware that Blackberry is a CANADIAN corporation, eh?????
    Conspiracy? Really? By that criteria no business should be able to make a business decision at all.
    KKrusher likes this.
    01-22-16 04:57 PM
    Good luck with that. Lol

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure it is as far-fetched as you think. It's not that BlackBerry decided to place BB10 in EOL with security patches for the future. It's that they kind of lied about it. They sold the Passport under the impression that BB10 would be their platform for years to come and it looks now as if at the very time they were making those statements they were laying off or transferring the team members necessary to make good on that promise.
    KKrusher likes this.
    01-22-16 05:01 PM
    Normally, some lawyer posts some legalese to let people know what the minimum requirement for a class action and the typical result to shut most complaints down. No one here a lawyer in that area? Not even what they learned in lawyer 101 class?

Just take a look at the million class actions against Apple. Even with all the faults and blame on Apple for this or that, it really comes down to measurable damages and financial loss. No damages awarded for **** hurt feelings. I don't think anyone won anything over the CarrierIQ scandal, or various privacy violations, etc. I know one time I got an ipod nano replaced years after warranty ended due to a faulty batch of batteries (the screen broke on me the very first day of use, and my screen was outside of a known defect build period by 3 weeks and they refused to replace under warranty at the time. Got it for free with 3 year DSL contract... ugh). The thing was pretty useless and less functional than the original, but that's really the only time I recall a class action getting something back useful.
    01-22-16 05:06 PM
    Class action suits pay pennies to the plintifs... money goes to t lawyers... the purpose is to ding the company...
    KKrusher likes this.
    01-22-16 05:09 PM
    Ahhh, we've finally reached this point have we? I remember when people wanted a CA for the PlayBook too.
    I think this one is difficult, but a little more realistic than the Playbook suit. This isn't about broken promises, it's about lies. The gist is that Chen made *knowingly false statements* to cause buyers to purchase BB10 devices during the last year or so and those currently in channel. Right now, his bizarrely careful statements are probably not actionable, but I've talked with enough former BlackBerry employees to have a foundation for my belief that Chen had already taken certain measures to transition to Android while he was presenting BB10 as a platform BlackBerry was 100% committed to for years to come. If people relied on those knowingly false statements to their detriment, it's a problem. That's not changing his mind after he saw sales figures and disappointing us. That's not realizing that BB10 is a bad bet and heading in a different direction for business reasons. That's not realizing that the Playbook needed more RAM and deciding not to update it because of performance concerns. It's selling two years of phones under the false impression that BlackBerry was building a platform when it was, in fact, doing just the opposite -- disassembling efforts to build a platform and transitioning to commodity device building on the Android platform and BlackBerry wouldn't even have a growing platform of its own.

Whether this is fraud or not is probably about finding the right witnesses and testimony. And, I don't really know whether he was lying or not. I've never been in the room myself, you know? But, either way, frankly, I'm shocked that the enthusiast press isn't furious with him. Your job may or may not be to defend your readers, but you have to admit that Chen has made things much more difficult for you than it ever was for Kevin. Would you have taken the gig of editor-in-chief of a BlackBerry site if you knew that soon BlackBerry users would be on the Android platform? You probably would have, but I'm not so sure I would have.

You might say "But, companies plan to make their products obsolete all the time. How is this different?" It's what some would argue is lying. When BlackBerry transitioned from BBOS to BlackBerry 10, they knew the transition was going to be difficult. They initially flirted with continuing to develop BBOS while selling BB10, but when they decided against that, they openly said that BB10 would be the future and BBOS would go to maintenance and security updates. That truth -- no doubt -- cost them a ton of customers because they upgrade path to BB10 was just about the same as the upgrade path to iOS or Android. But, they still did it because (a) it was the right thing to do and (b) it may have been legally required.
    KKrusher likes this.
    01-22-16 05:47 PM
    I think this one is difficult, but a little more realistic than the Playbook suit. This isn't about broken promises, it's about lies. The gist is that Chen made *knowingly false statements* to cause buyers to purchase BB10 devices during the last year or so and those currently in channel.
    Please, do tell where Chen made these "knowingly false statements", this thread is completely absent of valid evidence. This will be interesting to prove that YOU know what Chen KNOWS. A power like that should be used on powerball lotteries, not on buying phones.

There's a difference in what is said and what you interpret that to mean. So quotes and specifics matter. For example, things like ...we're designing BB10 to be used for the next 10 years... is not saying "We will provide support for 10 years".
    Elephant_Canyon and JeepBB like this.
    01-22-16 06:12 PM
    Please, do tell where Chen made these "knowingly false statements", this thread is completely absent of valid evidence. This will be interesting to prove that YOU know what Chen KNOWS. A power like that should be used on powerball lotteries, not on buying phones.

There's a difference in what is said and what you interpret that to mean. So quotes and specifics matter. For example, things like ...we're designing BB10 to be used for the next 10 years... is not saying "We will provide support for 10 years".
    I think that's why he sounds generally vague but sometimes hopeful--to not be definitive.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-22-16 06:50 PM
    If it were an episode of "Bewitched" and Samantha twitched her nose to make Chen tell the truth of course he is guilty.

But in reality what would anyone see? Look at the pics of him that CB uses in all their Chen stories. Look at that smiling face. Who is going to think he is evil?

If someone watches his interview with the Priv and him telling that reporter about it and not being able to use it what are they going to think?

They're going to think he is a kindly immigrant without a command of the English language. They are going to think at the worst that he just is incompetent. Why else would the name be Priv? Why else did they launch a phone with a crappy physical keyboard when keyboards are what BlackBerry is known for? Why else would they push OTA updates (twice that I know of that Chen has been here) that break phones? Why launch a phone over 6 months instead of all at once? Why have an ad campaign that looks like someone got murdered in the woods?

If you think Chen is a genius, smart and competent and somehow people knew the truth then of course he is guilty. Or maybe he is incompetent. But you can't have it both ways.

Personally I think he knows exactly what he is doing. No one could make that many mistakes by accident. He wants to kill BlackBerry as we know it off. And is trying his hardest to let it go quietly off in the night.

What he wasn't expecting was CrackBerry people who are passionate and want to save this company. Chen is like the villan in a "Scooby-Doo" episode and CB is the meddling kids that get in the way of his plans.

We should all mail Chen a box of Bewitched DVDs and see if he realized we are onto him.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2813 / T-Mobile
    KKrusher likes this.
    01-22-16 06:53 PM
    Have you never heard of Caveat Emptor (buyer beware)? It's the general legal principle in all contracts between buyers and sellers. The exceptions are for written agreements, conventions established by case law, and deceptive practices.

You seem to think that BlackBerry's practices are deceptive, but legally, they are not, so long as those phones' warranties are honored and they continue to run the software they run at the time of purchase. So long as BlackBerry has no hard, undisclosed plans to terminate support (and "letting the market decide" doesn't qualify), there should be no legal recourse for buyers, so long as the warranty is honored and the OS receives basic support for the duration of the warranty.

There is no legal rule that says buyers are entitled to have there product upgraded (or even patched!) after purchase unless there is a written agreement that says so.

Posted via CB10
    Times have changed and as consumer rights have evolved. Manufacturers offer products & services that should provide what is expected to perform within a certain time frame. In 2016, should we say ''Caveat Emptor'' and sorry Blackberry for taking my money. I am sure you will do better next time. I am mentioning Blackberry but it is also true for Google, Apple and all other manufacturers.
    01-22-16 08:56 PM
    Lol, the whinyness is strong with this one... do you even read what you're mispelling?
    anon3969612 and reeneebob like this.
    01-22-16 11:00 PM
    I can't tell if you're being serious or satirical.
    I hate when that happens.

BlackBerrys big business is in software. Part of that is having the ability to put together software and hardware for solutions for enterprise customers. In fact that's a big part of that. BB10 isn't going to work for that anymore. That's pretty clear. What Chen is trying to do is get blackberry in place within a security certificates for android so that they can use it to anchor that in the end solution for their enterprise customers.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 12:09 AM
    I must be in the wrong forum,, this isn't the comedy channel is it?
    anon(9169048) and drfever like this.
    01-23-16 01:13 AM
    • knowing BB10 is on its way out
    • knowing the shift is to Android
    • knowing BB is non-existent in market share

I bought this phone because although I'd had other BB10 devices before (Q10/Classic), I'd never owned one with a virtual keyboard. I bought it because it's down to $149 at Best Buy. I bought it because I do a lot of communicating, but very little app-using or game-playing. I bought it because I missed the Hub and the swipe-centric OS.

I bought it knowing the device I pulled out of the box three days ago is all I am entitled to -
    I didn't buy a device service plan that guarantees me updates forever.

If the phone works as advertised during the valid warranty period, I think BB is covered. I'd say the only complaint someone could lodge that might have any validity whatsoever is that BB10 runs Android apps w/o issues. They make a very big deal of pointing out that the Amazon App Store is available for games and such. However, many Android apps do not run well - or at least not as well as they do on Android (which is somewhat implied via marketing). That being said, anyone with a functioning adult brain could easily find articles which outline the issues with Android apps.

If you buy a BB10 device right now, you know what you're getting.
    A BB10 device that works right now.
    Just Me likes this.
    01-23-16 04:06 AM
    I must be in the wrong forum,, this isn't the comedy channel is it?
    Unintentional comedy is sometimes the funniest.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    01-23-16 05:56 AM
    The least they can do is make BB10 open source, and unlock the bootloader so we can all load Andro.. oh, wait!
    Just Me likes this.
    01-23-16 06:33 AM
    Anyone that spend $400 to $750 dollars in any BlackBerry product deserves to lose their money. Blackberry is a sinking ship... If you want continuous support for an expensive product... Buy from reputable brands that have a good track record. I am not an Apple product person, I in fact hate it but I recognized that their product support is probably the best in the industry. I personally use Android.
    01-23-16 06:57 AM
176 ... 34567 ...