Truth is there are a number of US states where there are consumer protection laws covering suitability of use for the intended purpose for a reasonably expect period of time some of which could very well lend to a class action.

Posted via CB10
    KKrusher likes this.
    01-22-16 11:24 AM
    What I am saying is let's stop polluting this planet with tons of phones. Yes I know that maufacturers don't really care about that aspect. The priority is sell sell sell. Blackberry is presently selling to customers BB10 products that have built in OBSOLESCENCE now. That also means products that will need to be recycled much faster...and some of them will go to landfill.
    Hudson Bay & the Bay of Yucatan will overflow with BlackBerry crap...

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 11:26 AM
    Truth is there are a number of US states where there are consumer protection laws covering suitability of use for the intended purpose for a reasonably expect period of time some of which could very well lend to a class action.

Posted via CB10
    So are you telling me that your BlackBerry 10 phone doesn't do phone calls, send text messages, navigate the Internet anymore???

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-22-16 11:28 AM
    So many crackberrians suffer from Stockholm syndrome. They'd support this company and Chen no matter what was done to them.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2813 / T-Mobile
    I find it hard to believe there are no investigations underway of JC inasmuch as the whole thing stinks of illegal activity on the part of a top executive in a publicly traded entity. In the US a grand jury would no doubt already be assembled to address the precipitous failure & bleeding of cash when the head had a huge golden parachute he may be padding. The SEC would also be on this.

Posted via CB10
    KKrusher likes this.
    01-22-16 11:32 AM
    I spent $700 for the Passport, BlackBerry's flagship phone at the time. A year later this phone and the OS that powers it has been abandoned by BlackBerry. This is totally unacceptable and it is time for BlackBerry to be held accountable for deceiving it's customers.
    We will see you in court!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    Whaaa they haven't abandoned the OS officially. You're speculating. Get over yourself. It's technology. Stuff like this happens all the time.

Posted from Jiggy's Priv. . .
    01-22-16 11:32 AM
    I think the same will happen with the priv. Its just another PB, BB10 disaster.

Posted via PP
    Hard to call the Passport a disaster.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 11:38 AM
    I'm telling you the fone was proffered as supporting android apps which are essential to my usage & they have, until poven otherwise, broken part of that function either by design or by stupidity & negligence which may constitute illegal activity or even violation of conspiracy & or even racketeering legislation in the US depending on what investigation uncovers. I fully expect JC will eventually be jailed.

So are you telling me that your BlackBerry 10 phone doesn't do phone calls, send text messages, navigate the Internet anymore???

Posted via CB10
    KKrusher likes this.
    01-22-16 11:59 AM
    I find it hard to believe there are no investigations underway of JC inasmuch as the whole thing stinks of illegal activity on the part of a top executive in a publicly traded entity. In the US a grand jury would no doubt already be assembled to address the precipitous failure & bleeding of cash when the head had a huge golden parachute he may be padding. The SEC would also be on this.

Posted via CB10
    Full warranty support.

Full technical support.

Continued existence of BBW and Amazon Appstores.

A pledge for two more updates (and we know from the servers that 10.3.3 is well underway).

Where is the illegal part?
    01-22-16 12:00 PM
    It will be a disaster when BlackBerry finishes breaking it with their updates !!

Hard to call the Passport a disaster.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 12:01 PM
    I'm telling you the fone was proffered as supporting android apps which are essential to my usage & they have, until poven otherwise, broken part of that function either by design or by stupidity & negligence which may constitute illegal activity or even violation of conspiracy & or even racketeering legislation in the US depending on what investigation uncovers. I fully expect JC will eventually be jailed.
    Lol, the whinyness is strong with this one... do you even read what you're mispelling?

Rackeetering? What is this, 1930's Chicago and JC is running 'shine in his Deusenberg? Violation of Conspiracy?!? WTH does that even mean?

This has got to be the most entertaining thread here in a long time.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-22-16 12:19 PM
    I can't tell if you're being serious or satirical.
    01-22-16 12:22 PM
    HAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!

Oh, wait -- you weren't serious, were you?
    01-22-16 12:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry to break it to you, but good products can easily fail in the marketplace without any conspiracy or malfeasance. It happens all the time.

Blackberry was simply too late to market in a land grab where there were already two much larger competitors with a range of successful products.

Kodak's failures were much larger, and there was no criminal conduct there either, or investigations.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes, JeepBB, Rello and 3 others like this.
    01-22-16 12:33 PM
    I am seriously having a hard time understand what you're writing... but are you saying that there should be a class action suit against BlackBerry because their compability with android apps is not 100%? So we should also have a lawsuit against Windows since each time they upgrade their OS, tons of stuff (software, printers... ) won't work anymore cause they are 100% compatible with the new OS.

Or maybe we should start a class action lawsuit against Apple because my exchange email are a pain and constantly out of sync.

Or maybe we should also have a lawsuit against Palm, HP, Motorala... all for dropping support on their phone. And how about Sony, cause they are dropping betamax as of March this year?

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-22-16 12:35 PM
    I am seriously having a hard time understand what you're writing... but are you saying that there should be a class action suit against BlackBerry because their compability with android apps is not 100%? So we should also have a lawsuit against Windows since each time they upgrade their OS, tons of stuff (software, printers... ) won't work anymore cause they are 100% compatible with the new OS.

Or maybe we should start a class action lawsuit against Apple because my exchange email are a pain and constantly out of sync.

Or maybe we should also have a lawsuit against Palm, HP, Motorala... all for dropping support on their phone. And how about Sony, cause they are dropping betamax as of March this year?

Posted via CB10
    I believe he is referring to the Runtime bug in 2876 which prevents proper deletion of an Android app.

Although I am mystified myself as to why it is taking over a month to discover the issue and release an update, I believe it was just an oversight/bug and not part of a larger conspiracy.
    01-22-16 12:39 PM
    I believe it was just an oversight/bug and not part of a larger conspiracy.
    Oh, what fun is THAT?

Elephant_Canyon and JeepBB like this.
    01-22-16 01:10 PM
    My genuine Reynolds aluminum hat's off to you...

I believe he is referring to the Runtime bug in 2876 which prevents proper deletion of an Android app.

Although I am mystified myself as to why it is taking over a month to discover the issue and release an update, I believe it was just an oversight/bug and not part of a larger conspiracy.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-22-16 01:12 PM
    I don't know about you, but I am quite happy with my device. There are a couple of bugs to do with the Android runtime which I hope gets fixed, but no showstoppers.

Technology these days last 3 years tops.
    It's been a year and a half since they released the phone so yes, we are half way to obsolescence.

Also, BlackBerry Hasn't abandoned it. We continue to get security updates and other stuff. Just no more new features.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 01:32 PM
    Yet another idiotic thread.....
    Carl Estes, sam81 and David Tyler like this.
    01-22-16 01:42 PM
    OP has a VALID point. A class action suit should be made against Blackberry.

This possible suit would be similar to the one brought against Apple about the iPhone 4s in New York. If you need more info on that class action suit just Google it.

What Blackberry is doing is selling products that they know is already OBSOLETE - there is no disclaimer when buying for example a Passport SE that you are buying a dead product. I think that a judge would probably entertain that kind of motion. The main reason that John Chen is so coy about the direction of the products is exactly what OP is calling for - a class action suit. What about companies that have hundreds or more of these phones presently in service? Also think about thousands of phones that will need to be sent to landfill.

If I was a large corporation - I would be talking to legal services right now.

OP go for it and good luck.
    Where does BlackBerry announce that support has officially ended and obsolete? Where does it say that the 1 year warranty is no longer valid? It sounds like you're just making stuff up without proof, the thing courts expect in a lawsuit.

It sounds like you're not that experienced in big business. There are millions of businesses still using technologies pre 90's era because its expensive or too complicated to replace. The first thing that comes to mind is the software for scheduling classes in high schools running on cobalt.

Also, you never heard the joke about a computer being obsolete the moment it came off the production line? Any tech illiterate judge heard that before, it's a 30+ year old joke.

Are you referring to the class action on the iPhone 4s where they say that Apple intentionally inflicted a new OS on them that intentionally caused the device to slow down to intentionally have the user pay for an upgrade? If so, where exactly is the issue the same?
    01-22-16 01:46 PM
    I appreciate your feedback and comments. The BB10 units being sold now have zero future. The consumer SHOULD be made aware before hand and in writing. If a class action suit would be made, it would force Blackberry to respond to their customers and provide damages that they are entitled. It's not only the cost of the units but also time involved in learning this OS. How many hours are needed to master a BB10? That is also worth money.

If this goes forward - would be interesting what a judge would decide.
    Are you buying a phone to use as a PHONE today, or speculation that they'll go up in price? If so, you're doing it wrong. SMH
    01-22-16 01:49 PM
    Can we launch a class action law suit on this thread for time wasted? By virtue of their being merit in a lawsuit based on time learning an OS, I believe I have credibility with this too.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 01:55 PM
    John Chen is a reverse vampire!
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    01-22-16 02:13 PM
    I spent $700 for the Passport, BlackBerry's flagship phone at the time. A year later this phone and the OS that powers it has been abandoned by BlackBerry. This is totally unacceptable and it is time for BlackBerry to be held accountable for deceiving it's customers.
    A waste of brain cells, and yes, I own 3 BB10 devices, including a PP, and just ordered a PRIV.
    paulbbp likes this.
    01-22-16 02:14 PM
    The click bait is real.
    01-22-16 02:36 PM
176 ... 23456 ...