I like to see next to wifi direct,dlna and miracast a chromecast share button. This could be just sharing your screen to the TV ,youtube and a presentation. At least it will be fun.

Who needs google.
    09-03-15 12:59 AM
    Excellent idea. Let's hope the amazing BB10 engineers and developers that remain will turn this idea into reality.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 02:07 AM
    Chromecast will work if you read Cobalt232's threads, follow the instructions in the first posts. The Chromecast app, Hulu, Netflix etc, will have to be patched. I have all working on my Passport.
    It would be nice if it would work natively, maybe with Venice and the change in BB10.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    09-03-15 03:14 AM
    Chromecast will work if you read Cobalt232's threads, follow the instructions in the first posts. The Chromecast app, Hulu, Netflix etc, will have to be patched. I have all working on my Passport.
    It would be nice if it would work natively, maybe with Venice and the change in BB10.

Could you mega the Netflix app you patched?

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 12:19 AM
    Chrome is a Google thing why would it be integrated into the settings when it's not made for BlackBerry?
    And why do so many people want google specific tools and apps for BlackBerry and get so upset that BlackBerry isn't google?
    You people do know google makes their own phone OS and BlackBerry IS NOT Google.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    09-05-15 11:46 AM
    Chrome is a Google thing why would it be integrated into the settings when it's not made for BlackBerry?
    And why do so many people want google specific tools and apps for BlackBerry and get so upset that BlackBerry isn't google?
    You people do know google makes their own phone OS and BlackBerry IS NOT Google.

By that logic BB10 shouldn't work with Youtube or Gmail. People want their BB10 phones to work with other devices/services and don't want they phone choice becoming a limiting factor. That's why people use snap and cobalt's solution, to work around the app limitation of BB10.
    09-05-15 01:03 PM

It is a Google thing. Doesn't prevent me from making it work. I also have CoC and Boom beach connected to Google play games. Most people won't go through the trouble but I will.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    miker476 likes this.
    09-05-15 01:10 PM
    By that logic BB10 shouldn't work with Youtube or Gmail. People want their BB10 phones to work with other devices/services and don't want they phone choice becoming a limiting factor. That's why people use snap and cobalt's solution, to work around the app limitation of BB10.
    Youtube and Gmail are Internet services. The Internet works regardless of OS and device. People can want whatever they want, but in most cases you aren't going to get it. You buy a BlackBerry and want it to work exactly like an Android and act surprised when it doesn't. It isn't up to BlackBerry to give you other party apps or tools, especially ones designed to work on a completely different OS. If the developer wants it to be cross platform they design it that way, if not someone makes a third party app.

09-05-15 01:11 PM

Apple isn't Google, and it makes its own OS, and has Google Services; the presence of such makes iOS more attractive, just like Microsoft services on Android is good for Android.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    09-05-15 01:13 PM
    Apple isn't Google, and it makes its own OS, and has Google Services; the presence of such makes iOS more attractive, just like Microsoft services on Android is good for Android.
    That's because Google made those services available to compete with Apples suite of services. They are Web based so it's not difficult for Google to do this. Apple didn't do it and would probably block it if they could.

09-05-15 01:30 PM
    Could you mega the Netflix app you patched?

Posted via CB10
    After updating to 10.2.2.639 and afterwards updating the Netflix app Netflix stopped working with Chromecast. I deleted the updated version and installed several older patched versions that I still have. None worked with Chromecast.
    So, to try to pinpoint the issue I downgraded my Passport to 3.2.2339 and restored my backup of that OS, which included the working Netflix v3.13. Sure enough it works with Chromecast.

I'm going to guess that there might be a change in Runtime from the OS I'm running now to the later ones I've installed. Not being a techie I really don't know the exact reason.

09-07-15 05:34 AM
    After updating to 10.2.2.639 and afterwards updating the Netflix app Netflix stopped working with Chromecast. I deleted the updated version and installed several older patched versions that I still have. None worked with Chromecast.
    So, to try to pinpoint the issue I downgraded my Passport to 3.2.2339 and restored my backup of that OS, which included the working Netflix v3.13. Sure enough it works with Chromecast.
    https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09...f4a2a48bed.jpg

I'm going to guess that there might be a change in Runtime from the OS I'm running now to the later ones I've installed. Not being a techie I really don't know the exact reason.

The OS I have is 10.3.2.2339, but I tried with the latest version from Snap and patched it to no avail.

Could you upload the working version of Netflix so I can try it?

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 01:40 PM
    If you can still run older Netflix apps which would be strange that's also a great solution .

I myself use a workaround for this problem. You will need a laptop/desktop on the same wifi, Google Chrome browser and your BB device. On the laptop you run a remote desktop or VNC server. On your phone you run the client app from which you can control your laptop to cast from Google Chrome browser. For example you can cast this way from Videostreamer, YouTube, Netflix and Plex. Read more: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...emote-1031354/

By the way there is no Cast API for BB10 nor Windows Phone. So developing apps with Cast support is going to be a challenge. There is one for Google Chrome, Android and iOS.

By they way can you actually cast with Netflix? In Plex you also get the icon but you can't cast with it, no Chromecasts are found.
    Last edited by ChicaneBT; 09-07-15 at 02:35 PM.
    09-07-15 02:20 PM
    If you can still run older Netflix apps which would be strange that's also a great solution .

I myself use a workaround for this problem. You will need a laptop/desktop on the same wifi, Google Chrome browser and your BB device. On the laptop you run a remote desktop or VNC server. On your phone you run the client app from which you can control your laptop to cast from Google Chrome browser. For example you can cast this way from Videostreamer, YouTube, Netflix and Plex. Read more: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...emote-1031354/

By the way there is no Cast API for BB10 nor Windows Phone. So developing apps with Cast support is going to be a challenge. There is one for Google Chrome, Android and iOS.

By they way can you actually cast with Netflix? In Plex you also get the icon but you can't cast with it, no Chromecasts are found.
    To answer your last question, yes I can cast Netflix from my Passport. Why do you think I went through the PIA process of Autoloading/wiping my phone for the older OS that Netflix worked on? Because it worked before. If it hadn't I wouldn't have gone through the trouble.

09-07-15 03:02 PM
    The OS I have is 10.3.2.2339, but I tried with the latest version from Snap and patched it to no avail.

Posted via CB10
    I'll go through the Netflix apks' that I have and see what I can do.

09-08-15 03:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    Here is the upload to the earliest Netflix apk that I have. I believe this is the one.
    Here's what you need to do: 1: Make sure you have all of Cobalt's apps including Whitelist.
    2: Download the Netflix app from Google Playstore and Whitelist the apk. If it is installed then delete it.
    3. Patch the apk I provided with GMaps Patcher (on your computer and copy it to your phone.
    4: Install

NOTE: Make sure you have a working Chromecast app on your phone (Whitelisted and patched with Gmaps Patcher).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ediaclient.apk

Let me know how this works for you, or anyone who tries this.

09-08-15 10:02 AM
    Here is the upload to the earliest Netflix apk that I have. I believe this is the one.
    Here's what you need to do: 1: Make sure you have all of Cobalt's apps including Whitelist.
    2: Download the Netflix app from Google Playstore and Whitelist the apk. If it is installed then delete it.
    3. Patch the apk I provided with GMaps Patcher (on your computer and copy it to your phone.
    4: Install

NOTE: Make sure you have a working Chromecast app on your phone (Whitelisted and patched with Gmaps Patcher).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ediaclient.apk

Let me know how this works for you, or anyone who tries this.

How did you download the Netflix app from the Google Playstore?

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 07:24 PM
    How did you download the Netflix app from the Google Playstore?

Posted via CB10
    Used Cobalt's Google Play Store. Read his threads, first post. I think I've mentioned Cobalt's threads several times.

09-08-15 07:48 PM
    Used Cobalt's Google Play Store. Read his threads, first post. I think I've mentioned Cobalt's threads several times.

I have Cobalt's version of the Playstore installed and running, but that doesn't let you download the apk, does it?

Posted via CB10
    olivopuccino likes this.
    09-08-15 09:30 PM
    I have Cobalt's version of the Playstore installed and running, but that doesn't let you download the apk, does it?

Posted via CB10
    Why wouldn't it? You really need to re-read Cobalt's threads again.

09-09-15 01:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    When you go to install an app from the Play Store on a BlackBerry, it downloads it to the Downloads folder. Before you click Install on the second step (the BlackBerry App installation screen), exit out. Now you have the APK in your Downloads folder and you can patch or do whatever you want with it.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 06:59 AM
    When you go to install an app from the Play Store on a BlackBerry, it downloads it to the Downloads folder. Before you click Install on the second step (the BlackBerry App installation screen), exit out. Now you have the APK in your Downloads folder and you can patch or do whatever you want with it.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I got it. However I cannot get Netflix to connect to Chromecast yet.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 09:16 PM
    Yeah, I got it. However I cannot get Netflix to connect to Chromecast yet.

Posted via CB10
    Did you try the APK that I uploaded? Link is in post #16.
    09-11-15 04:34 AM
    It is a Google thing. Doesn't prevent me from making it work. I also have CoC and Boom beach connected to Google play games. Most people won't go through the trouble but I will.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Can you send me the apk for Boom Beach pls.?i only have CoC.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10  
    09-11-15 07:33 AM
    Can you send me the apk for Boom Beach pls.?i only have CoC.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10  
    https://mega.nz/#!7YAknIBJ!ALdbeunp3...HnyXaWVDLcO1aI

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    09-11-15 03:13 PM
43 12